Playing with my feelings

My Gangster Prince

~~~~~'s POV

Today is Valentines' Day and it also marks our one year. 

"Happy Valentines' Day my Loveeeee." I skipped into the ward feeling happy. Just like last year, I baked cheesecakes for him and the boys. I gave him a kiss on his nose.

I placed the cheesecake and other food on the table and arranged the flowers in to a vase.

"Wake up..... It's our special day today. Am I supposed to celebrate it alone and watch you sleep?" I pouted. Is there something wrong with him? Why isn't he out of coma? It's been two weeks!!

As usual, I talked to him, grumbled about school, massaged and sponged him. I then played with his fingers.

"See how thin you're getting. Don't you want to eat good food again?" I asked as I circled my fingers around his wrist.

"I baked cheesecake for you. I obviously gave you the biggest piece and brought chocolates for you. You like them don't you? You'll have to wake up. Don't waste my effort. I got up and went back really early just to get them baked." I said, sitting by his side.

Since morning, I had this really weird feeling, I just felt really weird. I don't know how to describe it. It's like I'm hopeful yet scared at the same time. Is there even such a feeling?

The boys dropped by slightly later. We were just talking about while they were eating the cheesecake I baked. 

"Don't touch! They're for Daehyun!" I slapped Youngjae's hand lightly when he was about to eat the chocolates I bought especially for Daehyun. Wasn't it obvious enough? They were moulded into heart shapes.

"Aye~ So many of them. Don't let them go to waste." Youngjae said and Yongguk oppa immediately hit his head and Youngjae covered his mouth. I wasn't smiling anymore even though I know he didn't mean it.

"Noona I'm sorry!!! I didn't mean it like that! I'm sorry!! He'll be fine!" I faked a smile. I didn't blame him though. 

"I'm okay. You guys can have them it you want. I bought too many anyway. Just leave some for him will do." I said as I went back to Daehyun's side. I really didn't mind them taking it.

"How can we take when your heart is only with him? We don't want to get beaten up by him. Taking his food that you bought for him. We'll suffer terribly." Himchan oppa said in a joking manner. I smiled. 

I was holding his hand and all of a sudden, his finger twitched. Did I see wrong?! HIS FINGER REALLY DID TWITCH RIGHT??!! 

"Did hyung just... moved?" Jongup asked as he pointed to his hand. I REALLY DIDN'T SEE IT WRONG! HE REALLY DID TWITCH!!

"I'll call the doctor!" Zelo exclaimed excitedly as he left to find the doctor. The doctor ran in and did checks on Daehyun.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you but he's still in coma. That was just an occassional movement of his finger. I'm sorry." The doctor explained. Our mood dropped immediately. I didn't feel like saying anything. 

Soon, it was about ten at night. The boys will usually leave about this timing.

"Are you sure you'll be okay? We can stay longer if you need us to." Yongguk oppa said, placing his hand on my shoulder. I shook my head.

"I'm okay. I just want to spend some time with him. As usual, I'll call you if anything happens." I replied, although not once have I called them.

"Okay then. You've got to stay strong okay? I know you can." He nodded and they left. 

"Why? Why did you get me and the boys excited and then you didn't wake up? I miss you so much~" I broke down, tears flowed like a broken tap.

I then went out to calm myself down. I then realised I have not eaten dinner. I saw the cheesecake on the table left untouched. It was Daehyun's piece.

"I'll bake you one whole cake when you wake up okay?" I said as I took a fork and started eating it. I didn't want it to be left untouched. I watched him as I ate. I rested my chin on my palms while my elbows were resting on his bed.

"Even cheesecake can't tempt you to wake up? " I asked as I ate. I was focusing on the cheesecake when I felt something touching my elbow. It was Daehyun's pinkie! It moved again!!

"Daehyunnie!!! Please don't play with my feelings again! I won't be able to take it!! Are you awake? I asked as I took his palm into mine and stared at his face. His eyeballs were moving!! You're finally waking up??!! He then slowly opened his eyes. MY DAEHYUNNIE IS AWAKE!! HE'S FINALLY AWAKE!!

"DAEHYUNNIE!! YOU'RE FINALLY AWAKE!! I'LL GET THE DOCTOR!! DON'T YOU DARE SLEEP OR CLOSE YOUR EYES." I cupped his cheeks. He gave me a really weak smile. I ran out and called the doctor. The doctor wasn't really expecting him to be awake from the false alarm earlier but he followed me nonetheless.

"Do you know who you are?" The doctor asked.

"Jung... Daehyun..." Daehyun replied.

"Do you know where are you?" The doctor asked.

"...Hospital.." Daehyun replied.

He then did other checks on daehyun.

"He's okay. He will be a little slow in the beginning since he was in come for a few weeks but everything will be fine soon." The doctor smiled. I thanked him.

"Daehyunnie!! I'm so happy!!" I said as I helped him up, allowing him to sit comfortably.

"Who are you?" Daehyun asked. That question shocked me.

"You... don't remember me?" I asked, tears treatening to flow.

"Ahh.. no no... You're Eunnie right?" Daehyun asked. What? He thinks I'm his sister? The shock expression was like my permanent expression.

"Okay okay. Sorry. I was just kidding. You're my princess. How could I forget you?" He said. Stupid Daehyun!! 

"You scared me!!! Why are you so mean?!" I slapped his thigh lightly.

"Why blame me when you're so fun to tease?" He pouted. 

"I'll let you off this time!" I said as I sat at the edge of his bed.

"Yah." Daehyun said. I looked at him.

"Come here." He said, firmly. I really do not like where this is going. It's like deja vu. I moved towards him though, feeling a little afraid.

"You said you love me right?" He asked as he placed his hands on my shoulders, which was near my collar... I'm starting to feel really scared now. There was no sense of humour in his tone. He did not sound happy at all. Where is this going to lead to? Please don't let it be like my nightmare. I could feel myself literally shaking like a leaf. I gulpped and nodded.

 

I almost didn't update today because I had difficulty sorting out the chapters and was sort of not motivated to type. But I was happy with the comments so~ here you go!

Thank you for all your comments and for subbing to my fic! :) 

Happy? Daehyun's out of coma! But uh-oh. What is he planning to do? 

@Xx-ForeverAlone-xX Planned the whole thing? What whole thing? The entire fic? I actually had the brief outline out before I started the fic but the details came in slowly and they are always changing~