Home

My Gangster Prince

Daehyun's POV

The next day when I woke up, ~~~~~~~ was already awake looking at me sleep. Her free hand was on my head playing with my hair. She was smiling. I hope that it was a genuine smile and not something that she wanted to assure me that she was fine.

"Oh, baby you're awake. Why didn't you wake me up?" I said ask i got up and rubbed my eyes.

"You looked so cute sleeping. I didn't want to wake you up." She said and my palm reached for her face and brushed her cheek.

"Are you feeling better? You better not lie or keep anything from me ~~~~~~~ah." I said as i placed my hand on her forehead and rubbed her stomach. She still felt feverish but it's better than yesterday.

"Yupp! Don't worry! I'm fine!" She assured me with a smile and her bubbly tone.

The doctor came in and checked on her. I waited outside.

Suddenly I heard screaming and the screams belonged to ~~~~~~~~. I didn't care about anything and rushed into the room. I saw the doctor holding up a needle. 

"baby are you okay?"

"Oppa I don't want to get an injection!!! Tell the doctor!!!" So she was actually only afraid of the needle. She gave me a shock. I thought something happened to her. I let out a small laugh and she frowned at me.

"Sorry sorry. I just didn't know you're afraid of needles. haha" I said as i held onto her hands. I could really tell she was afraid of needles. Her palms was covered in cold sweat.

"~~~~~~~ sshi, you need this injection if you want to recover. After this you can go back home." The doctor said. I didn't want her to go back home but I wanted her to get well.

"Princess be good okay. Just one injection." I said as I let her hold onto my hands. She could squeeze it if it hurts.

"After this i'll bring you out okay? Then we can eat ice cream." I signalled the doctor to quickly jab her while i'm talking and distracting her. I was holding her to my chest.

"AHHH!" Just as the needle went in I yelled. She was actually biting my arms. I thought she was only gonna grab it. But I didn't mind if she needed the jab to get better.

"Good girl." I said as I patted her back. Now I felt like she was a kid, so cute.

"Wow you two make such as lovely couple." one of the nurse said as the rest left. we both blushed. 

" AH! What happened to your arm? Did I do that?" She said as she pointed to the teeth marks on my arms.

"No, it wasn't you. I bit myself." I said sarcastically and laughed.

"Sorry! But it was you fault! I didn't want the injection!" She said as she placed her palms over her teeth marks.

"okay okay my fault. Get some rest, I'll go get you new clothes then we can leave okay?" I said to her. but she grabbed onto my hands. She didn't want to be alone.

"I'll be quick okay!" I said as I pecked her cheek. She pouted but let go of me.

I drove to a nearby shopping center and got her her clothes and went back to the ward. She was asleep, all cuddled up but the next moment her position changed. Now she was all spreaded out with legs hanging out of the blanket. This cute girl. I didn't want to wake her up yet. She seemed like she didn't get enough sleep in that screwed up place of hers. I woke her up about an hour later.

"Princess wake up. Go get changed. Then I'll bring you out of here." I said as i tapped her shoulders.

"Hmmm.. Okay..." she said as she sleepily rubbed her eyes. 

I packed her medication and settled the hospital and waited for her. She came out with the jeans and top I bought for her. 

"You're beautiful." I said to her and she blushed.

"Lets go." I held onto her hands.

Instead of bringing her to eat ice cream, I brought her to a muffin shop. She hasn't fully recovered and her stomach was still weak. 

"I thought you said I could eat ice cream?" She pouted.

"That was to distract you from the jab. You think you can eat ice cream with that stomach of yours?" I said as I placed my hands on her stomach. She still pouted like a little girl. 

"Muffins are also yummy and its not heavy. Your stomach will be okay with it." I said as i put them into my mouth. She was throwing a little tantrum like a kid and didn't get one for herself. I continued to tempt her to eat them. She finally said she wants them too. I fed her my muffin.

"Yum!!" She said happily. This kid.

After eating, we headed back to the car. I drove her back to her house even though I wanted her to be in mine. 

"Why don't you stay with me? That place isn't fit for you!" I asked her.

"Oppa, its okay. They brought me up. I'll take care of myself there. I promise."

"okay but you know you can always come to my house okay Princess?"I didn't want to force her. She nodded and smiled.

Soon we reached her house. She didn't want me to bring her in. But I insisted to bring her back to her room.

"WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO?!" A voice yelled as soon as she opened the door. Judging by what she told me, I assumed it was her stepmom. I followed behind ~~~~~.

"Oh who's that?" Her stepmom tone suddenly became gentle when she saw me. what a . I assumed she was like this because she didn't want people to know how this sick family ill treats ~~~~~.

"Hello auntie. I'm Daehyun, ~~~~~~'s boyfriend." I bowed slighly. I didn't want to be polite to the people who can't even treat my girl right but because of ~~~~~~ I bowed. I don't want her to get into any because of me. ~~~~~~ looked at me like I said something wrong or something bad was gonna happen. I gave her an assured look and squeezed her palms. She relaxed.

"Come on, I'll take you up to your room." I told her and she gave me a worried look. 

" Are you okay? or do you want me to leave?" I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable.

"its okay." She held my hand and led me to her room.

When she opened the door, I got a shock of my life. How the hell could someone be living in this for years? Her room was so small. The air was bad and she doesn't even have a proper bed to sleep on. Now I know why she didn't want me to follow her.

She gestured me to sit on her matteress. I sat and told her which medicine to eat first etc. She nodded. I couldn't take it. The pain she has to go through everyday. I hugged her. I can't believe that was all I could do. She was a little startled by my sudden actions.

"Be strong okay. I love you Princess." I said as I resisted my tears from flowing. she just nodded.

We stayed at that position for awhile and then I broke the hug. 

"Get some rest okay. I'll call you later." I kissed her lips and left the room.

I walked to the living room where her stepmom was.

"She's unwell. You people better don't mistreat her. I know everything." I said in a firm tone.

"Oh? what did ~~~~~~ tell you? We're always treating her right." This makes my blood boil. 

"Whatever. Don't say I didn't warn you." I shot back and glared dangerously at her. I could tell she was a little scared but trying to keep her cool. I left the house.