One in 365 days

My Gangster Prince

~~~~~~'s POV

It's the weekend. It isn't any Saturday. It's that day as well. Out of the 365 days in a year. This is the day that i would feel the worst. Other tortures cannot even be compared to today. I cannot imagine what they will make me do today just to vent their feelings.

I woke up earlier today to prepare food. I had to cook up a feast before 7am. This family is very particular about today. I couldn't allow anything to go wrong. I must not make any mistake. I went to the kitchen in my slave attire. I looked disgusting but what can I do? Nothing. Today is the only day i had to wear this filthy attire. Well, and also on my birthday. They made me wear it today so that it will forever remind me that I am nothing but a slave to them, not a daughter, not a sister. Someone for them to vent their anger and unhappiness on and see my sufferings as joy. 

I had two hours to prepare a 7 course meal. I wore my apron and started work. Half an hour later, Minsook came in to the kitchen. As usual, grumbling for his breakfast.

"BREAKFAST?!" He yanked my hair back as he questioned me.

"G...Good morning Sir" I bowed and greeted him although my head was in pain. Yes, it was Sir because I was in maid attire. 

"I didn't-"  I received a slap right across my left cheek before i could finish my sentence. I was too absorbed in cooking the 7 course meal i totally forgotten about his breakfast. Now, all hell broke loose. I shouldn't have upset him this early. He knew I didn't make him any breakfast. But why did he need breakfast when he was gonna eat the 7 course meal in about two to three hours time.

"I'M SORRY SIR!!!" I started bowing non-stop with my hair still in his grips.

He yanked my hair back and slapped me continously till my left cheek was badly bruised and I could taste blood.

still grabbing onto my hair, " Slap the other side!" he instructed me. 

I was shocked. It was the first time he told me to abuse myself. I stood there digesting whatever he was saying. Then, a punch came for my stomach. "AHH!" I screamed and quickly covered my mouth. He didn't like me screaming when he laid his hands or fists on me.

"SLAP YOURSELF!!" 

"Y..Yes Sir." I could only obey. How could i lay hands on my own face? I did a soft one but hopefully hard enough to convince him. It didn't work. He punched me again. 

"SLAP HARDER! YOU PATHETIC !" Now i really had no choice. I had to do it. I used all my strength and landed my palms onto my own right cheek. It hurt like hell and my tears flowed, not only because of the pain but becuase I was the one doing it to myself. Why did i forget about his breakfast? Minsook was smirking. He really enjoyed me inflicting pain on myself.

"Don't Stop!" I continued till my right cheek was also bruised. I didn't want to make him any madder. Now my face was swollen. I couldn't even talk properly. When he was finally fully satisfied, he left me alone in the kitchen and i continued to cook.

I was lucky that I managed to finish cooking all of the dishes by the time they got ready to leave. I packed the dishes for them to carry it with them. 

"Good Morning Ma'am, Good Morning Sir" i greeted my stepparents and handed them the food. They observed my face and smiled. 

"Get the house clean before we're home!" My Stepdad ordered. His standards of cleaniness was much higher than my stepmom's. I knew I was gonna be in trouble once they're home. "Yes Sir" with that, they left the house. 

They drove off to the graveyard. it was my stepsister's death anniversary. I didn't know what happened to her. She wasn't around already when they adopted me.

I started with chores. I did things quickly, overlooking some chores. Afew hours later, they came back.

I opened the door for them and bowed.

My stepdad took a glance around the living room making sure it was spotless. He then swiped his finger along a shelf which was too high for me to reach. I'm so gone now. There was dust on his second finger. I'm doomed. He glared at me. I quickly got on my knees and apologise. It wouldn't work. My stepmom then stepped in, "Hands on the floor!" now i was on all fours..... again.... She walked towards me, still in her heels, she stepped on my palms hard. 

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!!" I screamed as it was unexpected. luckily it was the toes part that was on my hands not the heels. if not she would have screwed a hole in my palm. She then had an evil grin on her face and started twisting her toes. My hand was soon covered in blood due to the friction. I kept bowing, apologising and begging them to stop. They finally did. 

I bowed again and got ready to stand up. 

"DID I SAY YOU CAN STAND UP?!" my stepdad shouted at me.

"N..No. Sorry sir." I stood at that position. My tears were almost out but I bit my lip preventing them from dropping. I'm sure they didn't want to see my tears.

I stood at that position for about 4hours and then my stepmom asked me to cook dinner. I got up apologising again and headed to the kitchen.

I prepared dinner and served them. They were treated like royalty since i was in my maid attire. They made me stand facing the wall again ever since they did that to me during dinner. I was lucky they ate peacefully and didn't hurt me during dinner. They finished everything on the table, leaving me with nothing. Finally they went back to their respective rooms and i went to wash the dishes.

after washing, i went back to my room. I laid on my matteress, thinking. What if my parents were around? Will they treat me this way? Will they shower love on me? What is Love? Why did they leave me? Was it really because of my ugly looks? I cried to sleep.

 

Sorry for the late update! I was busy the whole day. Hope this one makes up for the wait!

I'm losing subscribers. Is my story bad? 

This chapter wasn't supposed to be gloomy. But i was feeling down so i added this. Also, I don't know if i can update everyday as i'll be having tests for a week but i'll try okay!

Comment, subscribe, feedback! :D