Why?

My Gangster Prince

~~~~~~~'s POV

"Please take care of your wounds and consult a doctor to get an official certificate to be absent from school. Remember not to let your wounds come into contact with water. For now, apply this cream, the instructions are in the box. Boys, you can take her home. I'll write a slip to inform the teachers she'll not be attending classes today." The school nurse told us.We thank the nurse and headed out. We walked towards the canteen. I was sandwiched between the two oppas.

"Are you sure you wanna keep this from Daehyun? Afterall, he has the right to know." Yongguk oppa tried reasoning with me. I guessed he calmed down because his tone was much gentler. 

"You guys promised me not to tell." I replied.

"But he's bound to find out! Look at how your hands look like dumplings now?! So wrapped up in bandages!" Himchan oppa yelled.

"I'll just come up with something." I mumbled.

"Come up with what? Another lie to cover all your secrets?" I heard a voice, way too familiar, Daehyun. He was standing in front of me, glaring hard. It was the first time I've seen this expression. His eyes showed a mix of anger, disappointment, worry and unhappiness. His glare was intimidating. At that point of time, it seemed like everything froze and its not in the romantic kind of way.

"Daehyun ah~ Calm down. She just didn't want you to be worried. Besides, we've whacked the out of that animal." Himchan oppa said while I stood there frozen, looking down, unable to look into his eyes.

"Enough with the worry already! I'm her boyfriend!" Daehyun shouted as he walked towards us. The next thing I know, I was pulled rather roughly by my arm and I was walking at a fast pace. By the way Daehyun held on to me, I knew he had already exploded. But how did he know?

"Daehyun calm down!" Yongguk oppa called out as we were already 'speeding' towards the carpark.

"STAY OUT OF THIS!" Daehyun shouted back without even turning back to the boys and was still gripping on my elbows, tugging me forward. I had to really quicken my pace to keep up with him. 

"Aish! Daehyun ah!" Himchan shouted for Daehyun's attention while running towards us.

"Let them sort it out themselves. I was never in for her keeping all these from him anyway. I trust Daehyun is rational enough to know what's right and wrong." Yongguk oppa said to himchan while holding onto him, refraining him from catching up on us.

We walked passed the canteen and I could feel many pairs of eyes were staring at us. I didn't want to make any eye contact. I searched for the three younger ones who were seated not far from us. 

I looked them, Jongup gave a an apologetic look and mouthed the word 'Sorry' to me. I didn't know what happen but I guessed he was the one who told Daehyun. I gave him a super small smile and shook my head telling him I wouldn't be mad at him.

Daehyun's grip around my elbows got tighter when he saw that. I guessed he got angrier.

"Oppa, it hurts." I mumbled. I thought he didn't hear me but he eventually loosen his grip but it was still firm. I smiled a little knowing that he is still the Daehyun I know.

"Get in." Daehyun opened my side of the car door.

"You still have lessons.." I said softly, afraid of him.

"Are you gonna get in or not?" Without thinking further, I got in the car. Daehyun then slammed the door shut. I jumped a little. This is the first time I saw Daehyun this pissed. I knew there were times he would be angry but it wasn't to this extend. It seemed like his cold image resurfaced.

He entered the car and sped off.

"Oppa..." I called him. He didn't respond. I guess this is not the right time to talk. Throughout the whole journey, we were silent. He didn't even tell me where he was gonna take me to but judging by the route he was going, I knew we were heading home.

We came out of the car and headed in. I opened the door and Daehyun slammed it shut after entering the house. I'm actually afraid of what was gonna happen next. I stood there knowing I should accept whatever Daehyun was about to throw at me. Not literally though, I trust he would not hurt me physically. I was mentally preparing for the words.

"WHY?! Why do you always keep all these from me?!" Daehyun said loud enough for me to know he was flaring and it would be best if I answered.

Face this bravely. You know this is bound to happen from the time you kept it from him. I told myself.

"Because.. I really didn't want you to get worried over small things. I guessed you already need to handle the gang stuff. I don't want to add on." I said still feeling scared.

"Worried over small things?! You're my Girlfriend! How is your matters a small thing for me?! I'm your BOYFRIEND, I don't mind worrying over you! If not who else am I supposed to be worried for?! " Daehyun agitatedly replied. I was speechless. 

"Maybe my things to you are considered small thats why you see me that way. Its fine if I'm not a big part of you even though I hope I will be someday. But why can't you tell that you're a big part of me, of my life? Am I not doing enough to show you how much you mean to me?" Daehyun continued. My tears flowed and my heart felt like its been stabbed. If I'm feeling like this, I wonder how hurt Daehyun is feeling now.

"No! You are a big part of me!" I cried.

"Really? It sure doesn't seem that way. I mean its fine, really. But do you know how much it hurts me when I see your scars and bruises? I feel so useless everytime I see them. I feel like I couldn't protect you, couldn't be there for you. I made promises to myself telling myself to protect you from all the harm but somehow, these promises were not once fufilled. Maybe I'm not reliable enough thats why even the guys know and could protect you while I only knew about the scars after the whole incident." Daehyun said with sadness and disappointment.

"Its not true! Why are you saying all these? You did protect me!" I was still in a sobbing mess after hearing how Daehyun put himself down.

"Ya right, When?" Daehyun questioned.

"You beat Miyoon up when she slashed my shoulders." I said.

"That was when the damage was already done to you! I still failed to protect you!" Daehyun said. I didn't know what to say. Why is he thinking like that?

"Maybe if you could feel what I'm feeling now, you would learn how to lean on me, let me protect you. If, that is, I mean as much to you as you mean as much to me." Daehyun said. Why is he saying all these? 

"What are you talking about? Why are you doubting me? You mean everything to me! You're the one that saved me from that home, you're the only one that I trust!" I said still covered in tears. 

"Well, it sure doesn't seem that way when you keep things from me. You know what? No point arguing now. Forget it." Daehyun shouted.

"Let's see if you really can feel the same way I feel about you. Maybe you'll know how much it hurts. Or not." He added, still shouting. He headed for the door.

"Oppa! Where are you going?" I held onto his arm.

"Let.Go. and Don't follow me." He said. I didn't want to let go but he shook me off and he slammed the front door. I was in a crying mess now. What the hell was he trying to say? How did me getting hurt ended up with a fight between the both of us? Is he gonna be safe? Aish! Jung Daehyun, you mean the world to me!

I didn't do anything apart from waiting for him to be back. I didn't have the appetite to eat. I sat on the couch waiting for him. I dozed off ocassionally but everytime I opened my eyes, the house was still in the same condition, he wasn't home. 

When it was about eight at night, he still didn't come home. I called his phone. It was ringing but then the line went dead. I guessed he hung up after seeing who the caller was. He must be so mad now. I'm sorry. I really don't mean to keep it from you Daehyun ah.

I decided to cook something. Even though I didn't have the appetite, Daehyun could be hungry later. after cooking, I laid the food on the dining table and went back to the couch. Why is he doing this to me? I know I'm in no position to be angry at him.

I fell asleep again. I heard the door opened and I woke up. 

"Daehyunnie~" I called hopefully his had calmed down. But all he did was glare at me.

"Oh my! What happened?!" I got a shock.

"Do you even care?" Daehyun said back. My heart crushed into a million pieces.

 

Another cliff hanger! Haha! I sure like to tease! 
Honestly, this was supposed to be more of an angry chapter rather than a sad one. I don't know how it turned out like that though. 

And its baby Zelo's Birthday!~ 
There were updates the entire day about kcon. I'm so jealous. 

Finally 400 Subs! Thank you all so much for staying with me and commenting!! I think i'll reply comments directly instead of mass replies. :)