I'm Here

My Gangster Prince

Daehyun's POV

I woke up earlier than expected. I thought I'll make breakfast today. I got up and washed up and then made my way to my Princess's room. I opened her door and I see her sleeping in a rather straight position. I covered her well with the blanket before leaving her room.

I'm glad she's getting more sleep now. When she just moved here, she would wake up at crazy hours in the morning. I would see her doing the house chores. Then, I was thinking whether this girl was crazy. No, I'm kidding. I knew very well why she woke up early in the morning to do the chores. It was her usual routine for the past few years. I knew she was awake then because of the ruckus that was going on downstairs. It also became my usual habit to get out of bed, head downstairs and force her to stop whatever she was doing and make her go back to sleep. Sometimes she would tell me its okay and asked me to go back to bed while she continued doing whatever she was doing. Being me, I didn't allow that to happen. I would take whatever cleaning equipment from her, put it aside  and carried her back to her room.

There were times where I would 'threaten' her to stop when I had lesser sleep than usual. I would tell her that I'm sleepy but I'm gonna insist on staying up and accompany her if she wasn't gonna stop. Then hinting to her that I'll be grumpy the whole day if I didn't get enough rest. I played the guilt treatment on her. It always worked and she would stop whatever she was doing and we both will go back to sleep. 

As days got by she knew I wouldn't let her do chores that early in the morning and so she started to sleep longer. 

 

"AH!! I'm sorry!" I heard a sudden loud scream while I was thinking what to have for breakfast. Not again, I knew this was one of the times when she was having a nightmare.

Ever since her evil stepparents got caught by the police, ~~~~~~ would have nightmares. They are torturing her even in her sleep. It used to be frequent but as days go by, She had lesser. Its been a week since she had nightmares and now they're 'back' to mentally torture her.

I rushed upstairs and opened her door. She was perspiring when the blanket wasn't on her which I assumed she kicked it away while struggling. Her face was covered in tears with a painful expression. What really broke my heart was the sight of her digging her nails into her tighs. She was really squeezing her tighs. I wondered why she couldn't feel it to wake up from her nightmare. Maybe she thinks that all of that were real.

"Shh.. Baby its okay. I'm here." I went beside her trying to pry her hands away from her tighs. I was shocked that it was already slightly bleeding.

"Baby wake up, its over." I wiped away her tears. She opened her eyes slowly and when she realised I was seated in front of her, she sat up and hugged me. 

"Daehyunnie..." She mumbled still sobbing.

"Its okay. I'm here. Its just a nightmare. Don't cry." It hurts me so much to see her suffering like that and its only because of a nightmare, something that isn't even real. I patted her back. 

"Better?" I asked her as she pulled away from the hug. I wiped her tears away again by cupping her face in my palms and using my thumbs to wipe them. She gave me a small nod but somehow didn't seem sure of the answer.

"Don't worry, you'll be. You want to share?" I didn't want her to bottle them up. Who knows what harm it would cause her.

She calmed down a little and then told me the contents.

" I dreamt that they were released and they came back to punish me because I caused them to go to jail. My stepmom made me stand bending forward and she whipped me. I didn't expect the impact and I fell forward. She pulled my hair to get me back into the bending position. I apologized but she ignored. She even said that she didn't want to hear a single sound from me while she was carrying out my punishment. She continued to whip the belts on my . I could only prevent the screams from escaping by biting my lips and clenching my fists which I didn't know I dug into my tighs. When I couldn't take the pain, I let out a scream and she hit me harder on my tighs. Then I heard your voice." She told me the whole thing with sobs and sniffs in between.

I feel so useless. At times like this I didn't know what to do except bringing her into my arms and telling her that its okay, its over and that I will be there for her. 

She eventually stopped crying. I made her rest against her headframe while I went to get a glass of milk for her. She drank the milk.

I dressed the nail marks that was on her tighs. I knew it was gonna hurt but I felt weird when she didn't sound in pain. I looked up and I saw her squeezing her eyes close tightly, biting her bottom lip as she folded her arms in front of her and her nails sank into her upper arms.

"Baby! What are you doing? If you're in pain you can scream you know. At least let me know. Please stop doing this to yourself. Stop hurting yourself, stop hurting me okay?" I said as I quickly grabbed her hands to prevent her from further harm. Lucky I found out fast enough, there were just red marks which would fade away. I wondered when and where she picked up this bad habit from? Hurting herself to prevent her from making noise?

"Better now?" I finished applying the cream and I kissed her forehead. She nodded.

"Thank you." 

"Silly girl. Go wash up. We'll have cereal today." I ruffled her hair. She smiled. She had this new love for cereals. 

She ate up and we spent some time together before she went to get ready for work. I drove her to the studio.

"Bye baby. If I'm not there by the time you knock off, you can make your way home first okay?" She nodded.

I drove off to meet B.A.P. Along the way, there was this reckless driver that almost collided with my car. Lucky I had fast reflexes. I didn't manage to avoid the whole car but at least the head of the car only bumped onto the left back side of the car. I was lucky that the impact wasn't huge and I didn't suffer any injuries. I was pissed off with the driver. I got out of the car and almost landed my fist on the other guy but I decided not to get myself into trouble since the police might come and investigate. I demanded compensation and the fat driver gave them to me. Lucky this was settled quickly. Now I have to send my beautiful car for checkup just to make sure its in a safe condition to drive. Fortunately my princess wasn't with me. I think she would have freaked out. 

I waited for the service center to send someone to bring my car for service. I then took the public transport to meet B.A.P. I went to run some errands with them. Soon it was time to fetch my princess. Damn, I forgot that I didn't have my car which meant that I would take a longer time to get there. 

 

~~~~~~'s POV

I could finally knock off from work. I looked out of the glass doors, it was raining. I decided to stay awhile longer till the rain died down. I could also wait for Daehyun to come too. I waited inside the studio for about half an hour. It wasn't raining as heavily as just now. I decided to make my way home just in case Daehyun gets worried if he didn't see me home since he wasn't here.

I took out my umbrella and started walking home. Sometimes its nice walking on a rainy day.

"Princess ah!" While walking back home I heard someone shouting. I turned and look and it was Daehyun shouting at the other side of the road. 

"Oppa!" I was happy to see him! 

'BEEP BEEEEPPPP!!' 

 

 

Haha. I got you at the previous chapter didn't I? :D