Mixed emotions

My Gangster Prince

Daehyun's POV

She kissed that bastard. She really did. I don't know what to feel anymore. He kicked me in my stomach. It hurts but not as much as the pain from my heart. They finally released me. She walked towards me even though I could tell she was having difficulty. She cupped my cheeks. I did not want her to touch me. I do not know why. I was angry, hurt and how do you expect me to feel after seeing my girlfriend kissing another guy in front of my face? I think I didn't want her to see my tears the most. I know I was really angry at the both of us. Angry with myself as I couldn't save her and angry at her for not listening to me. Her lips were only meant for me!

I then stood up, not wanting to be here any longer. I had difficulty too because I was injured from all the punches and kicks. She tried helping me up but I pushed her away again.

I headed straight to the car. I knew she was following behind me. I entered and waited for her to enter but why wasn't she entering? I looked out and I saw her standing outside. I pressed the horn wanting her to get in. I was angry but I couldn't just drive off without her.

When I reached home, I waited for her to enter again. I couldn't just close the door because I'm afraid she would just stand outside thinking that I didn't want her in which was not the case. I'm angry but she would still need a roof over her head.

I entered and sat on the couch. I closed my eyes when I felt the pain on my lower back as I sat. 

"Oppa.." She called me. 

"I don't want to hear." I said to her. I'm afraid I would lose my temper on her. I chose to avoid the situation. I hurt her either ways. I rather ignore her than flare up at her. I turned my body away from her. I don't want her to see me in pain and I really didn't want to hear what she was going to say. I'm afraid I would not be able to take it. She then mumbled her apology and left. 

When I knew she wasn't around, I opened my eyes. Since our house was so quiet, I heard her footsteps. She headed towards the bathroom. I was a little worried. How was she gonna bathe in that state? Doesn't she know that the water is gonna sting her wounds? I stood outside her bathroom. There was no sound of water running until after some time. then it stopped. There was no screams or anything. Then it was quiet. I heard the sounds of tap water running. I assumed everything was okay. I then headed to my room to bathe. 

After I came out, she was not out yet. I wasn't surprised. She had to be careful with her wounds. I walked towards the bathroom and I heard the door opening. I quickly turned and walked back to my room.

"Oppa!" She called as she ran after me. My emotions were still crazy, unsorted. I don't want to say anything that would affect our relationship. I ran into my room and slammed the door to prevent her from coming in. I slammed it but there was no sound. I looked at the door, and I saw her fingers between the gap. 

"Tsk. Stupid girl." I said as I opened the door. She knew I wasn't in a good mood. Why did she still do that?! I felt a little guilty though.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards my bed and made her sit. I went to take the first aid kit and ice to dress her wounds. I wanted to apologize but my stupid pride got in the way. I thought she wouldn't allow me to dress her wounds on her body or would ask questions first before lifting up her shirt but she just obediently lifted up. I guess she did not want me to get irritated or something. 

"Oppa. I-" She said after I returned from keeping the first aid kit.

"I said I don't want to hear." I said because of the same reasons. I then climbed up to my bed and covered myself with my blanket, facing away from her. 

"At least let me dress your wounds." She said tugging my blanket but I wouldn't budge. Sure they were painful but they were all external injuries. I'm a guy. Do I really look that weak to her?

"Rest well." She said before leaving.

The moment I was greeted with silence, the kiss had to be replayed in my head. Why? Why did she have to do that?

I fell asleep eventually.

Even though I was tired, I didn't sleep long. I woke up, tossing and turning in bed. A lot was going through my mind. Never once I had saved or protected her. Even the kiss... She had to kiss because I was getting beaten. I must be a really weak person in her eyes. So much for protecting her.

I heard her door open. She must be awake. I didn't want to stay home. I just needed some fresh air or maybe I was just avoiding the issue. Whatever. 

I went out and saw her in the kitchen preparing our meal. 

"Where are you going? I'll be done soon. At least eat first." She said when she saw me. 

"Why did you do it? Why did you do it even though I told you not to? I said I could handle it. Even though I was beaten up, if you had given me a little more time I could have came up with something. Why did not not listen to me?! Why did you have to still kiss him in front of me even after my constant yellings telling you not to?! Why do you always have to do things that make me realise how weak I am?! How uncapable of protecting you?!" I finally asked. The words came out harsher than I have intended it. I guessed I exploded at her. I couldn't help it. I hate being so weak in her eyes. That kiss had affected me a lot. I really minded her kissing another person.

Being the stubborn me, I did not want to hear anymore. I left the house. 

I wasn't in the mood for noisy atmosphere. I decided to call yongguk hyung. I headed to his place after knowing he was free.

"What the hell?! What happened to you?!" He asked when he opened the door.

"Long story. Aren't you gonna let me in?" I asked.

After he let me in I told him what happened.

"And you didn't call us?!" Yongguk hyung shouted.

"I wanted to but I couldn't! I couldn't risk it! You know how crazy the black tigers are! They would have killed her!" I shouted back.

"Okay okay. Calm down." Yongguk hyung patted my back.

"Hyung what do I do? I can't seem to face her anymore." I asked feeling so lost.

"Daehyun-ah this is all up to you. Things happen beyond our control. This is when you learn about each other, learn about yourself. I cannot tell you what you're supposed to do and what you're not supposed to do because I am not you neither are you me. Just don't regret doing whatever you're doing. Me and the boys will be here for you." hyung brought out cans of beer and we shared.

We talked about everything except what had happened. Then my phone rang. I didn't know why I didn't pick it up.

Hyung's phone then ringed. I knew it was her.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of him." Hyung said to her as he looked at me. I was getting irritated again. 

"See? What did I say? I'm not wrong right? I'm a weak person in her eyes." I said loud enough for her to hear. I hated being seen as weak.

"Yah! Jung Daehyun! She's on the line dammit!" Hyung scolded me.

"Don't you think you've gone too far with your words? Why are you always like this? Can't you think before you speak?" Hyung said after he hung up.

I did not say anything. Have I really gone too far?

"It's late, she's worried. Go home." Hyung said. I agreed. I shouldn't stay out till too late.

"Please don't say things that will make you regret them. Don't say I didn't remind you." he said as he walked me to his door.

"I know hyung. Thanks. Bye." I went back home.

I opened the door, I was greeted with silence. She must be sleeping. I saw the dining table filled with food. I'm glad she has eaten her share. Since she cooked them for me, I shouldn't waste it. I ate up and washed the dishes before heading up.

I walked to her room, contemplating whether to open her door or not. I did eventually seeing that there were no lights coming from the inside.

I took a peek inside and saw her sleeping. I went back to my room and slept.

 

Double update! hehe~ MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Aww how unfortunate. The not so fluffy part of my fic during christmas...

Wow you guys really want more drama huh? I'm afraid I'll disappoint you. Don't keep your hopes up! Especially the slap scene. It may not turn out good.. It might be lame... I don't think I can make her run away. She has got nowhere to live. and it will also affect my plot. Sorry~

Thank you for all the comments!