Happy Birthday Part 2

My Gangster Prince

~~~~~~'s POV

During the car ride back home, Daehyun was quieter than usual. He seemed really focused on the roads today. I didn't even dare disturb him.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. He didn't reply. What was it that he was thinking?

"Daehyunnie are you okay?" I asked again, this time poking his cheek. 

"I'm fine. Sit still okay." He shot me a quick look before keeping his eyes back on the roads. His stern tone told me not to disturb him further and just sit still. The ride back home was unsually longer than usual. I guessed he was just tired since he woke up early today.

We finally reached home and we walked hand in hand towards our house. I walked with him to his bedroom and he dumped himself on the bed. 

"Daehyunnie go relax in the jacuzzi okay? Don't think so much and just enjoy soaking yourself in the tub." I said to him as I went to his bathroom and take his towel. I sat him up and placed it around his neck. He gave me a small smile and pecked my nose.

"Come on." I walked him to the bathroom. Why did it feel like I'm treating him like a kid? Knowing him, he would soak himself in the tub for a rather long period of time. He needed some relaxation. He looked so tired.

I closed the door and walked to the kitchen to get his birthday dinner ready. I took out the steak from the freezer and the necessary ingredients required to make the mushroom sauce for the steak. I placed the baked patatoes in the oven while starting work on the sauce. I then cooked the steak and went to cut the vegetables for the salad. Soon, it was time to turn the steak over to the other side.

"Ouch!: While doing that, I accidentally burnt my fingers. Why am I so clumsy? Lucky the bathroom was rather far away from the kitchen if not Daehyun would run out and see what happened and kick up a big fuss. Not that I mind or anything. I like seeing him care about me but I don't want to disturb him from his relaxed self.

Soon I heard the bathroom door open. He was out. Lucky I'm done preparing the dishes.

His room door then closed. I knew he was gonna be down in minutes knowing how fast he changes.I swiftly sat them out nicely on the plate with the steak at the bottom of the plate, the baked patato at the top left of the plate and the salad on the right. I then poured the mushroom sauce over the steak, mayonaise sauce with bacon bits over the baked patato and the salad sauce over the salad. While evenly distributing the salad, I accidentally knocked over the salad bowl.  

"Seriously? Calm down ~~~~~~~ ah! Its only a dinner. Its not like you've not cooked for him before!" I said to myself. I was feeling nervous, like I was sitting for a test. It was my first time cooking steak and I didn't even have the chance to try it first before having him to consume it. Will Daehyun like it? The steak looked a little burnt. I mentally slapped myself for not taking note of the time. 

"Princess what's that smell?" He opened the door and shouted.

Daehyun finally came down. His jaw dropped at the sight of seeing the dining table filled with two plates of steak. He grinned widely.

"Wow!! Princess, for me?" he asked with wide eyes, still surprised.

"Nope, all for me!" I . He pouted cutely. When and who did he learnt that from? 

"Joking. Sit down and try!" I ran towards him and pulled him to wards the dining table. 

He took the knife and cut a slice of steak and placed it in his mouth. He was frowning as if judging the taste of the steak Why is my heart beating so fast?

"How is it?" I asked him hoping the food will taste alright.

"Its......." He was frowning and contemplating as if thinking of appropriate words to use. Was it that bad?

"Yummy! Thank you princess! I'll eat it well!" He ended up saying that.

"Yah you scared me!" Did I just used Yah on him?

"What yah? Its oppa for you!" he said as he lightly flicked my forehead. I pouted and rubbed it. He placed his hands over it rubbing my forehead and almost leaning to kiss my forehead but I facedpalmed him away.

"Your lips is filled with mushroom sauce!" I said to him giggling. He retreated and sat back down. I'm glad he found the food yummy. I started to dig in as well. I'm quite satisfied with my first try.

"This is even better than the restaurants I've been to!" Daehyun added while having food in his mouth. I knew restaurants have better tasting food than mine but I was happy that he praised me like that. We were done with our food and Daehyun carried the plates to the sink and washed them. I told him I would do the dishes but he insisted saying that it was no big deal and he didn't need special treatment on this day. But I wanted to treat him like a prince today. Oh well. After he washed the dishes, he sat on the couch surfing channels. 

I offed the lights and took out the cheesecake from the fridge and lighted the candles. 

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to my Daehyunnie, Happy Birthday to you" I sang while walking towards the couch. Luckily the lights were off because I was blushing. On the other hand, Daehyun was smiling like so wildly I thought his mouth is gonna get hurt. 

"Make a wish and blow the candles!" I said excitedly as I held the cake in front of him. It was my first time having a surprise for him. He held his hands together and head bowed down with his eyes closed and made a wish. He opened his eyes and blew the candles out. 

"No Happy Birthday Prince?" Daehyun said after he blew out the candles. Must he always do this to me? I put down the cake, sat beside him.

"Happy Birthday my handsome Prince." I kissed him on his lips. He hugged me. After awhile, I pulled away. 

"Eat the cake! This time its all for you. I handed him a fork. I didn't need a knife since he would be eating them.

"Ah~" He got some cake on his fork and gestured for me to take a bite. 

" I-" I couldn't finish what I was saying and he already inserted the cake into my mouth. I wanted him to be the first to try the cake but he fed me instead.

"Yum! Thank you baby girl for everything. This is the best birthday ever." He said as he stuffed himself with cake. I'm glad he enjoyed it.

" I didn't do much. It was just a cake and a simple dinner." I said.

" To me, it was everything. You being here and celebrating it with me was already enough. And you even hurt yourself! Silly girl." He ruffled my hair.

"How did you know I-"

" I saw the burnt mark when you handed me the fork. Pabo." Wow he's observant.

He took my finger and kissed the burnt mark.

"See? Now you got cheesecake all on my fingers!" I showed him my finger. He just chuckled and fed me with more cake. I'm glad he's happy.

We rested on the couch and watched tv cuddling each other. I got up and went to keep the remaining cake in the fridge. I went up to my room and took his present. 

 

Daehyun's POV

I'm really touched by her actions today. She made me feel happy all over again. I didn't expect her to do such beautiful things for me. 

Honestly, her food was a little burnt but the love she put in it made everything taste like heaven. I could even taste the sweetness or was it just my heart? She didn't need to do all of this. We could have just eaten out. She went through all the trouble so that this day was special for me. She even burnt herself. I love her to bits.

She asked me to make a wish. My only wish was for her to live a better life. A girl as innocent and sweet as her shouldn't be going through whatever she's been going through. 

I was still watching tv when she kept the cake back into the fridge.

"Oppa!" Suddenly I heard a shout. Flashback of her was in my head. I was feeling tensed again. I opened my eyes and saw a box in front of me. I didn't know what came to me but I harshly slapped the box away from my sight.

"Its okay Daehyun, if you didn't like it you should have just told me. You didn't need to do that." I turned around and I saw ~~~~~~ behind the couch. A tear dropped from her eye. She walked to the box and picked it up and headed upstairs to her room.

"Crap. Look what have you done Daehyun. You made her cry." I mentally punched myself. How could I do that to her? Damn it Daehyun.

I ran after her. Her door slammed right at my face. 

"Baby girl I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that. can you please open up the door? I pleaded while knocking on her door. She didn't reply. At least she didn't say no.

"I'm coming in okay." I turned the doorknob. I saw her hugging her knees sitting at the corner of the bed with the box on the table. My action must have hurt her badly. 

I went towards her and tilted her chin up for her to look at me. Her face was now covered in tears. Daehyun you . 

"I'm sorry baby, I really really didn't mean to do that. You know I will love anything from you right?" I said to her while I cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears away with my thumbs. She remained silent. I stood up and walked towards the table where she placed the present. I took it.

"Can I open it?" I asked her. She gave me a super small nod. 

I opened it. It was a pair of couple watches. luckily the watches were still in one piece. Judging from my strength, I'm sure cheap watches would break. I wondered how much she had to work for this pair.

I walked towards her.

"Princess, its lovely, even though its pink, I like it a lot. It'll remind me of you. Its your first gift to me. I'll treasure it well. Sorry for just now." I said guiltily as I kissed her. She smiled. Finally. I knew she wouldn't stay mad. It was rather cute of her to get us a couple watch and a pink one.

" You want to help me put it on?" I said to her. she was still weeping. I wiped away her tears. She took the watch from me, took my left hand and help me to put on my watch. 

"Here, I'll put yours on for you. I held her left hand and wore the watch for her. I kissed her knuckles. I hugged her.

"Come on, I said I'm sorry so stop crying okay? I'll make it up to you. How bout ice cream?" I said to her. I felt so damn guilty for making her cry.

She nodded like a kid and stretched out her arms. This girl. I carried her bridal style to my car and drove off.

I love you my princess. Thank you for giving me today.

 

WHOO!! I've finally reached 100 subscribers! thankyou all so much for subscribing and for the comments too! I read them to give me the motivation to update! Thank you!