Dead?

My Gangster Prince

~~~~~'s POV

The doctor came out from the ICU after hours. I immediately rushed to him.

"Doctor! I'm his girlfriend. How is he?" I asked anxiously, accidentally shaking the doctor's arm. He did not look too good.

"I'm sorry. I've done my best. He had too much blood loss. You may go in and see him." The doctor looked down. My hands immediately stopped shaking the doctor as they slide down his arm. I felt like my soul has left me. Why did things turn out this way?

"Daehyun ah!!!!" I cried as I ran in. I knelt beside the bed as I hugged his once alive figure. I then pulled down the white sheet.

"YOU CANNOT JUST LEAVE ME LIKE THAT!!! WE HAVE NOT CREATED ENOUGH MEMORIES! WAKE UP!! STOP SLEEPING!! IT'S NOT FUNNY. I'LL GET ANGRY! STOP PLAYING!!" I shouted and cried while shaking his body. There was really no response and I knew it.

"Please get a grip of yourself. Daehyun wouldn't want to see you like this. We can't change the fact that he's...." The boys came in and Yongguk oppa held onto my shoulders as he helped me up. The rest were sobbing too.

"It's my fault!! It should be me and not Daehyun!!" I shouted as I harshly removed oppa's grips. I could not control myself. I ended sweeping everything off the tables. I felt like I went crazy. I got a deep cut from one of the instruments but I could not feel the pain.

"Stop it!! Stop doing this to yourself! He's already gone! You should continue to live well! What would Daehyun say seeing you like this?!" Yongguk oppa hooked his arms around the back of my neck and pulled me in for a hug. I stood there lifeless, sobbing.

"Daehyun won't be able to see me anymore... Just like I won't be able to see him..." I replied. The boys said nothing but patted me on my shoulders and head, comforting me. Unfortunately, I could feel nothing. My heart has turned icy and it was all my fault. If I didn't make that first move to ask him if I could join him during his break, if I did not accepted his love, if I could have hidden the fact that I was abused, none of this would have happened. The boys wouldn't lose a brother like him. I would rather suffer in silence than to see the boys like that.

Why do bad things always happen to good people?

I pushed the boys away and ran to Daehyun's side again. 

"How am I going to live without you when I'm used to your love and your teasing? I know I said I like the cold Daehyun but you didn't need to really be this cold. Please... Please come back... I need you. The boys need you too.. How can you just pull me out of hell and push me back in? Aren't you supposed to fulfill your role? Aren't you supposed to me feel like I'm the most blessed girl in the world? How am I going to shower you with love? Don't leave me please. We're barely a year old..." I kept crying and mumbling non-stop. 

"Pabo Jung Daehyun! Really pabo! Why did you shield me?! I don't need you to shield! I just need you love me. Wake up please. I can do anything and give up everything just to have you back. Don't die!! Do you know how guilty I feel now knowing that I'm the cause of this?" I said till the words were inaudible.

"Shut up! It's all your fault! Why did Daehyun even love you in the first place?! If its not for you, Daehyun wouldn't find that bastard and none of this would happen!" Youngjae held me up and raised his palm. I did not dodge. I deserved it. I know. But the pain never came. Himchan oppa stopped him.

"Yah! Yoo Youngjae! Stop it! Don't fight in front of Daehyun's presence!" Oppa said without looking at me. He did not tell youngjae to stop. All he said was do not fight in front of Daehyun. I should have known. I lost one, I would have lost all six of them. There was no point living on. I have no family, no love, no friends. I was as good as dead. 

I searched the room for the sharpest instrument. I then took it and aimed at my heart. The boys did not bother to stop me. When I was about to plunge it into my heart, I heard the door open.

I woke up. What?! It was a dream? I looked at the door and I see Daehyun, my Daehyun. I was relieved. But he was in a wheelchair?  I ran to him and hugged him.

"Thank God you're alive Darling." I kissed him.

He did not look happy at all to see me. Instead, he was glaring at me. 

"Get off. Don't call me Darling. I'm not your darling. If i'm your darling, you wouldn't leave me like this. You know what the doctor said?!" Daehyun said as he brushed my hands away pushed me away. I fell. I shook my head, not believing his actions and I didn't know what the doctor said.

"HE SAID I'M PARALYSED WAIST DOWN! I CAN NO LONGER WALK!! I HAVE TO BE ON A DAMN WHEELCHAIR FOR LIFE. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?! DO YOU KNOW HOW I WISH I'M DEAD THAN BEING IN THIS STUPID WHEELCHAIR!?" Daehyun yelled into my face and slapped me hard on my cheeks but I could not feel the physical pain. I could not believe my ears. Daehyun paralysed? How is that even possible? 

"Get out. I don't want to see you." Daehyun said as he wheeled himself to the bed.

"I'm so-" He cut me off before I could even complete my sentence.

"I SAID GET OUT! WHICH PART OF GET OUT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!? DO YOU NEED ME TO CHASE YOU OUT WITH A BROOM OR SOMETHING?! NO, I CAN'T BECAUSE YOU MADE ME A HANDICAP! " He yelled as he took a glass cup and threw it at me. Nothing I say would get through his head now.

"I'm sorry, rest well." I said as I left the room but did not leave the hospital. I sat outside his ward, crying.

 

Awww please don't get angry. haha~ I better run and hide before you guys start flipping tables and buildings. I didn't plan for the story to be like this ha~ It just came into my mind. Why not make it more exciting? hee~

You guys cried? That means I've succeeded in writing a sad chapter. :)

Here's charming Daehyun for you. Runs away and hide.