Leaving You

My Gangster Prince

~~~~~~~'s POV

"Daehyun's !" I felt someone yanked my hair backwards just after the last Wednesday bell had rung. 

"Ahh!" I yelled at the sudden pain. I turned around and I saw three girls, including Miyoon. I thought Daehyun had warned her to stay away from me?

"Let go!" I tried prying her hands off my hair.

"Shut up! Get up and follow us!!" Miyoon slapped me across my cheek which hurt even more beause of the impact made by her ring. I hope that it will not leave any scars but that was by far, one of the least of my concerns compared to the situation I was in.

"I said get up!" She shouted again when I didn't move. I reluctantly got up from my seat. Before I could grab my belongings, the other two girls grabbed each side of my arms and literally dragged me out of the classroom with Miyoon leading the way.

I was dragged down the isolated stairways a few classrooms away from my classroom, the stairway that wasn't frequently used. 

"Stupid, so damn clumsy!" Miyoon hit my head when I missed my footing and almost landed face flat if the girls weren't holding onto me.

They brought me to the back of the school building where I did not even know it existed.

*SLAP!* The guy I who brough fear into me swung his right palm across Miyoon's face.

"Ah! Oppa!" Miyoon cupped her now redden cheek.

"I told you to bring her to me without laying a finger on her! You dare disobey me?!" The guy spat. I assumed my face had a palmprint from the slap Miyoon gave me. Miyoon kept silent. Why did he even care what she did to me?

"Hello little sister." Minsook greeted me with a smirk. He grabbed my chin and squeezed my cheeks roughly when I didn't aknowledge him.

"O-Oppa" I forced the word out of my mouth. How did he know where I was? He didn't even know which school I went to.

"I bet you must be thinking how I found you right? Its not important. I asked you to watch out didn't I? I knew where your pathetic boyfriend studies." Minsook replied as if he had read my mind.

"And this girl, provided me with your information." He slung his arms around Miyoon and violently planted a kiss on her cheek. Miyoon smirked.

"You boy, a rather obedient one, don't you think?" What did he mean?

"What are you saying?!" I asked not so politely, I didn't know I had the courage to speak like that to him. I guessed its because he brought Daehyun up.

"Don't talk to me in that tone of yours!" He punched my stomach thrice and slapped me hard on each side of my mouth while the other two girls held me up and prevented me from dodging.

"You're curious on what we did to your precious boy right? Let me tell you what he did for you. He endured all our punches and kicks for you. How noble of him, doing it for a worthless girl like you. How was he so obedient since given his character, he would definitely have fought back." He paused.

"He hid this from you am I right?" He asked me.

"No. I knew about the bruises!" My tears stained my face. I was talking about that time when he was so badly injured around his abdomen area.

"But did you know why he was in that state?" He continued to question me.

"I.." I didn't know. I always thought it was because he picked up fights while drinking or something.

"Of course you don't know. How could he possible come clean to you that he endured it because I told him I would you if he didn't be our punching bag." He said close to my face smiling. I froze, not knowing how to react. I've misunderstood him all along and even got mad at him at something that was because of me. How silly of him to do that for me.

He then signalled the girls to get their jobs done. I started becoming the girls' punching bag now. The kicked and punched me freely on areas that could be covered with clothes. 

"Enough." Minsook said after seeing me in a mess. I was clutching onto my stomach lying towards my side. My whole body wet from perspiration and tears.

"This is just the beginning. Tell anyone about this and I make sure I'll see that you get till you wished you weren't even born. This is payback for landing my only family members in jail." He pulled my ears as he said those words to me.

"Ugrhh!" I groaned as he landed a final kick on my stomach and walked away with the girls. Not far away, I saw him passing them cash. Why must I be blamed when they were the ones who abused me?

I tried standing up after looking at my watch, half an hour had passed. I was thankful that Daehyun wasn't feeling well today and so he will not be able to fetch me from school. I know exactly what I was in for if Daehyun found out about this because Minsook is definitely gonna keep his word.

With much difficulty, I managed to stand with the help of the wall. My back and stomach were sore and in pain but its not like I've never experienced it before. Its just that I didn't felt it for a long time. I headed to the washroom to clean myself up and hide any wounds that were visible. Luckily the slapmarks on my face would fade.

I went to get my belongings from my classroom and walked home bearing the pain. I thought of many things on my way back. I wanted to confront Daehyun. Why didn't he tell me about something so serious? But I know I couldn't since if I were to ask him, Daehyun would surely suspect how I found out about it and I wouldn't have known how to hide it. Besides, its me who landed him in this. Who am I to confront him?

I reached home to be welcomed by silence. Daehyun was probably resting in bed since he caught a severe flu virus. I walked up slowly to my room and left my bag there before heading to Daehyun's room to check on him.

He was asleep with a blanket covering him. Even so, he was breaking in cold sweat. My heart hurts so much. I've never seen him so weak before. He was always the one protecting me. 

I took a towel and wiped his perspiration from his face and his body. He suddenly turned over to the edge of the bed and vomited. Honestly, I was a little grossed out as some of it got onto my feet but I couldn't blame him. He was in no position to run to the bathroom and I wasn't fast enough to get him a plastic bag or a bucket to puke in.

His eyes then opened. 

"Sorry Princess." He said feeling guilty that he had given me more work and had to clean his vomit.

"Don't worry. I'll clean it up. Are you okay? You're still feverish. Get some rest okay? I'll get you water." I felt his forehead, it was burning but it was better than yesterday.

I went to the bathroom and washed my legs and went to the kitchen to get a glass of warm water for him. I also took the mop and a bucket just in case he has to puke again.

"Come, sit up and drink slowly." I helped him up and fed him the glass of water. I made him lie down while I cleaned up the room.

"If you need to puke, puke into the bucket okay? If you need anything call me. I'll cook something for you to eat. Get some rest first." I told him. Finally, I felt that I was able to do something for him.

"Stay with me..." Daehyun mumbled as he grabbed my hands when I was about to leave.

"Be good. You need to eat to take your medicine. I'll be quick okay. Rest first." I patted his chest and planted a soft kiss on his forehead and made my way out.

I was done cooking and I brought the porridge up to him.

"Daehyunnie~" I held him up and fed him. He told me he was full even after only eating a few mouthful.

"Is my cooking that bad?" I teased.

"No no! I don't mean it this way! I don't have appitite..." Daehyun quickly answered.

"Relax, I was just teasing. Eat your medicine. Ah~" I fed him.

"Good boy, now go get some sleep." I said to him.

"Stay with me..." He held on to my hands as he snuggled his head on my lap. It hurt a little but I was able to prevent myself from yelling. I patted him to sleep before placing him comfortably on his bed.

I continued to take care of him while he slept. Wiped his body with towels, took his temperature regularly. I was busy with him but my wounds also kept me busy by hurting me.After afew hours, he was so much better. His face was no longer as pale. I sat beside him, caressing his face.

Ever since he was with me, or rather, I moved in with him, I got him into so much trouble. If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't have been badly bruised. Why is our love so difficult? Why can't we enjoy what normal couples do? He's been suffering so much because of me. Is our love not meant to be? Maybe if I left, things will be better for him. How can I deserve his love when I can't do anything for him? 

I got up from his bed and headed to my room. I've decided. I took out the biggest bag I owned and filled it with my belongings. When I was done packing, I went back to take one last look at Daehyun.

"Daehyunnie~ Thank you for showering me with love. I really do not want to trouble you anymore. You probably would be better if I wasn't around. I hope, no, I know you'll find someone better than me who deserve you more than me. I'm really sorry. Sorry for leaving you at this time. How irresponsible of me. I can't even take good care of you even before I leave. Sorry my prince." I whispered to prevent him from waking up. I checked his temperature again. Good, no fever. I gave him a last kiss on his forehead.

"Goodbye my Daehyunnie." I said as I let the tears flow freely. I closed his room door.

'This is it.' I thought to myself as I held onto the main door knob.

 

 

What have I done? hehe~