One Year

My Gangster Prince

Daehyun's POV

"Oh no! I forgot! I need to call Yongguk oppa! At least let him know that you're awake!" She said.

"Don't. Call them later." I said as I looked at the time.

"What date is it?" I asked.

"14 Feburary." She said simply. No wonder she baked cheesecakes.

"Happy Valentine's Day Princess!" I kissed her lips. Her lips curled into a smile. 

"Happy Valentine's Day Daehyunnie!" She pecked my nose.

"So... Can we eat the cheesecake now?" I asked. I have been eyeing it ever since my eyes caught sight of it. She laughed.

"I knew you would be hungry. This is your Valentines' day present. I'll feed you!" She said. I nodded.

"Wait, are you allowed to eat this? Afterall, you just woke up." She said, placing the fork in front of me, not allowing me to eat.

"Argrhh don't stop me from eating!" I grumbled as I grabbed her hands and stuffed the cake into my mouth.

She really fed me some while sometimes, she would miss my mouth purposely and get cake all over my face, on my nose, my chin and my cheeks. I must look like a fool now. It's fine as long I'm able to see the smile on her face and hear her laughter.

"I thought I would have gotten a bigger piece. I bet the boys' cakes were all bigger than mine!" I said, making her feel bad on purpose.

"Ahh.. but they didn't get to share it with me! Only you did!" Sneaky comeback.

"How lucky of me right?" I asked as I fed her as well. She was right. Sharing food with the one you love is truly a blessing. She nodded happily.

"Next year! I promise! I'll give you the whole cake!" She said, really convincingly.

"I thought you said when I wake up you'll bake for me?" I said. She stuck out her tongue, caught!

"Okay okay. I'll bake for you after you're dischaged okay?" She pecked my nose. Is that like her new favourite place to plant kisses on?

"Happy first year Daedae!!" She rubbed my stomach. How weird.

"Happy first year Darling." I squished her cheeks. I bet we're the only couple who does things like that.

"For you!" She said as she took something from her bag and passed it to me. 

"Wow! You got me a gift? But I didn't get you any." I said. it was clearly shown that she was disappointed but she just smiled.

"It's fine! Open it!" She said. What a liar~ I opened my gift and eyes sparkled.

"Wow!! How do you know I wanted this?" She bought me the black lather jacket that I've been searching for! Even with money you may not be able to get it.

"I told you I know everything! Open the pocket." She smiled. I patted her head and open it. There was a silver chain in it. 

"Like it?" She asked.

"No. I love it! Thank you princess!!" I tickled her, not using to much strength because I was still feeling weak.

"I'll put it on for you!" She laughed as she tried to stop my hands from tickling her.

"Eat the chocolates! The boys almost took them." She said as she opened the wrapper and placed it in my mouth.

"And you almost allowed them to take?" I asked with wide eyes while chewing on the chocolate.

"Yeah. I said if they could eat but leave some for you then its fine. Oops. Don't talk like that! You look like a hamster!" She smiled.

"Should I call the boys now?" She asked.

"Why do you have to break the moment?" I asked.

"Don't you miss them too?" She asked. She was right. They were my closest buddies.

"Fine fine. But come back soon." She pecked my forehead and went out.

"So? When are they coming?" I asked when she got back.

"After midnight. It's still our day right?" She said. I smiled. How sweet is she?

We just enjoyed each other's company and talked about anything under the sun. How long have we not talked to each other. Just talking to her makes me happy. Sometimes, we just need to open our eyes, the simplest things in life could make you the happiest.

 

~~~~~'sPOV

I really miss talking to this crazy boy so so so much. I know I said I like the cold Daehyun but the noisy and talkative Daehyun is lovable too. I'm quite amused by how much he can talk considering the fact that he just got out of coma. I miss listening to his voice.

"Do you have anything else I can eat?" Daehyun grinned at me, looking hopeful. 

"Nope. Only the cheesecake and chocolates." He pouted.

"Don't give me that face! You just woke up! Don't eat so much! Who knows whether your stomach can accept them or not?" I said, poking his pouty lips. He still looked really sad. this boy!

"Okay okay. Forever making me feel bad when I don't feed you. What do you want to eat? I'll get the nurse to get it for you? Or do you want me to go and buy something for you?" I asked.

"Nope its okay. I was just testing you. Just stay here with me." He gave me that silly smile.

"Stay still." Daehyun said as he leant in closer to me. He kissed me on my lips. 

"Now we have kissed through our one year." He smiled when it was midnight. This lovely boy.

"I guess the boys will be coming soon. I'll leave you to talk to them while I go home and wash up okay?" I said to him.

"Okay. I know the past two weeks have been tiring for you. I don't want you to blame me for ill treating my girlfriend. Come back tomorrow. I'll be fine on my own. Go home and have a good sleep okay? If you miss me you can sleep on my bed." He cheekily smiled. 

"It's fine. I'll come back later. I'll be alone at home anyway. At least we can accompany each other later." I said. 

"Ahhh~ Why are you so sugary?! Take the cab home. Let me know once you've reached home." He kissed my hand.

"See you later." I smiled.

"Yah!" He pulled my hand and stuck out his cheek. I rolled my eyes but gave him a peck.

 

"Daedae, I'm home~" I called him the minute I entered the house.

"Good. Help me take something would you? Go up to my room, open my cupboard. There's a box at the bottom. Open it." Daehyun instructed. I was a little suspicious of his behaviour.

"Why? Is there something inside?" I asked, walking up to his room.

"Yes, cockroaches will come crawling out. No, you silly. Just open it. I assure you nothing bad. Call me back once you've opened it. Bye!" He hung up before I could say anything.

I went in to his room and opened his cupboard. There was a rather big glittery box seated at the corner of his cupboard. I took the box out and opened it. I got a surprise.

"You said you didn't get me anything..." I said, smiling to myself. I took out the dress. It was a pink gradient spegetti striped dress, ending slightly above my knees. It's really soft and flowy. Daehyun really have great taste~ That was not all, there was a pair of heels and a mini silvery clutch bag. They were all so pretty! I opened the bag and there was another small box tied with a ribbon. In it was a pink pair of heart shaped earrings. I called him after I tried them on.

"How is it? Do you like them?" He asked excitedly.

"Yes!! Thank you so much!! I'm trying them out now! They look really nice altogether." I said, looking at myself in the mirror.

"Ah-huh so what should you do?" He replied. This boy's head is only filled with skinship and kisses.

"Muah! Thank you Daedae!!" I kissed him through the phone. I could the the other boys laughing but I wasn't bothered. The one embarrassed should be Daehyun. But then again, he wouldn't get embarrassed easily.

"Welcome princess." He replied.

"So secretive. How did you get them?" I asked.

"Secret." He laughed.

"Send me a photo of it!" He said.

"No~" I replied.

"Fine then." He replied. Giving up so easily?

"Ahh okay okay. I'll send it to you." I said.

"I knew that would work!" He said. I could feel the victory in his voice. Tsk.

"Okay okay~ I'll go and take a shower. See you~" I ended the call.

I took a photo and sent it to him.

"Wow! You look better than I imagined. So pretty~" was his reply. I blushed and went to bathe.

I decided to head to the convenience store to get him some snacks since he was complaining just now. 

When I entered his ward, he wasn't there.

"Daehyunnie?" I called. When I turned around, he was in his wheelchair at the door. He couldn't walk? Why didn't the doctor say anything just now? I dropped the snacks and ran to him.

"I'm so sorry!! Please don't hate me! I didn't mean for things to turn out this way! Don't push me away please! Let me help you!!" I cried, hugging him.

 

Awww you guys are so sweet! I'm glad I started this fic~ Thank you all for your love~~~ 

I'm happy that you guys are enjoying the frequent updates. I'm having my holidays now that's why~ hehe~ oh and I'm a night person so I usually update in the wee hours of Singapore. Sorry if you guys stayed up and waited~