Coma

My Gangster Prince

~~~~~~'s POV

"Daehyun!" I shouted as I opened my eyes. Another nightmare? This whole situation is definitely affecting me negatively. I then noticed my surroundings. I was on a couch. The boys crowded around me.

"Are you okay? You passed out." Youngjae asked. Am I okay? 

"I think so. I had a nightmare again. Daehyun is in coma. He's not right? He's just on medication and would wake up right?" I asked for assurance. Suddenly, the boys' expressions changed. Huh?

"I'm afraid not. He's in coma now. You passed out for about seven hours after hearing the doctor's words. Are you sure you're okay? Are you feeling unwell anywhere?" Yongguk oppa asked.

"I'm fine. How is Daehyun?" I asked. I could not be bothered about myself now. What's most important now is Daehyun's life.

"The same..." Himchan oppa replied. I got off the couch.

"You should be resting. Don't move so much." oppa said. I shook my head. I needed to see him.

"Let her be." I heard Yongguk oppa say. 

"We'll get you something to eat and drink. Will you be fine here alone?" He asked. I nodded.

"Thank you." I replied. They smiled.

"Daehyun's a strong boy. He'll definitely pull through. I know him. In the past, he would have given up but now, he has you to fight for." Yongguk oppa said when the other boys have left.

"You broke your promise." I pouted, holding his hand close to my cheek as I sat beside him.

"But I forgive you. You must be tired right? But you've slept so long already. Wait all these will turn into fats." I said as I poked his abs.

"Daehyunnie~ You don't know how much it hurts me seeing you like this... Are you trying to make me feel guilty?" I weeped.

"Can you hear me? I feel silly talking to myself but I don't know what else to do. They do this in movies too right?" I asked knowing he would not reply.

"Yah, Jung Daehyun! Pabo. Always making me worry for you. Are you getting back at me when you stayed up for all the times I've fallen sick?" I scolded, not meaning it. I kind of found it fun. Disturbing him like that. Although it would be best if I have gotten some response from him. Daehyun ah~ Please wake up. I wouldn't mind pampering you and attending to you but just wake up.

The boys then came back with food and drinks for me. Nothing much, just some sandwiches and a cup of tea knowing that I would not have appetite to eat. This is when Daehyun would start nagging at me. I miss his nagging.

 

Days passed and he was still in the same state, in coma. I stayed with him throughout. The nurses were kind enough to provide me with a mattress to sleep on. I wouldn't sleep long though. I couldn't. I was scared. I didn't go home unless I had to change or wash up or something because it would just be me in silence. At least here, there is Daehyun to talk to. Even though he wouldn't reply. 

I got used to talking to him daily. It felt like we were back to the old days, when I would just talk and he would listen. But I miss the noisy and talkative Daehyun. Its actually pretty amazing how he could talk about so many things. 

I cleaned him up daily, sponged him and massaged his limbs even though there were nurses to help. I always thought it would be more sincere if I was the one doing them. Daehyun ah~ Can you feel how much I love you? I'm sure you can. Please wake up~ You're sleeping for too long...

The boys dropped by daily too, worried about his condition. Everytime they came, they would check with the doctor about his condition. It was always the same reply- It all depends on him.

 

"Daehyunnie~ You've been sleeping for a week already! Wake up! I'll get angry if you continue to ignore me and sleep somemore." I said, feeling grumpy, I can't help it.

"Okay, no, I won't get angry. See see see?! All these has become fats already. Aye~ You pig." I poked his arms, although I had to admit they were still rather firm.

"You really want to torture me right? Daehyunnie~ I'm tired. Can't you just wake up, go home and sleep? Don't you miss your bed? I miss mine. Why are you so selfish? You get to sleep on the bed while I suffer on the floor on this thin layer of mattress." I complained, not that I mind, since I was once used to sleeping on mattresses. This was already very luxurious compared to my past but I can't help complaining after sleeping on the comfy bed that Daehyun has provided me with.

"You pamper me so much and now you're making me suffer.... Aye... You're really an all-rounded boyfriend." I was sleepy, I don't know what I'm talking about, I just kept blabbering until I finally fell asleep.

I started to feel lonely and as much as I did not want to, I've went back to my old ways... That stupid box with ten sticks became my friend. Of course, I've learnt my lesson and hid it well, so well that the boys did not find out about it. I couldn't help it. I was so guilty and lonely. It's my fault that he's in this state right? I should be the one suffering the consequences, not him. 

There were also times that I went drinking, no, not coke and carbonated drinks, I drank stuff with high alcohol content. I just needed to forget things temporarily. I'm only human and what's more, I'm not strong to start with. Why do I have to face everything on my own?

"It's a week to Valentines' Day. Do you know how special this day is to us? Are you going to have me spend that day alone when you sleep to your heart's content? Why are you doing this to me? Haven't I been punished enough?" I said sleepily as I slumped down on the mattress.

 

Haha~ I got you in the previous chapter didn't I ? Although some of you guessed it already~ I think this is a boring chapter~ *o*

Thank you for all the comments!! They really entertained me!!

Are you guys happy with the regular updates? hee~