You're My Daddy

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
SMTownR


Pairing

Mark x Ara Li x Sehun


Genres

Romance, Fluff, Cute, and Angst


Plot

Ara and Mark has started dating. One day when they are on a date Sehun spots his daughter and becomes curious. He regrets his actions and tries to make amends but Ara has already fallen for Mark and her daughter too loves Mark as her father but she learns the truth of her real father


Author
Charlot1081


 

  Mark looked at himself in his mirror.  He straightened his collar on his shirt before the tie.  He then picked his jacket up from his bed and neatly put his arms into the sleeves.  Bringing the sides inward, he makes sure that the colors match.  A light blue jacket with a slightly darker blue pair of pants seemed to do well.  Next was a pin he can't live without wearing.

Each day he puts on a pin that his late wife gave to him.  The pin is in the shape of a dove soaring in the sky.  I'm happy she lets me wear it..  Mark said inwardly as he made sure it was put on straight.  He headed for the front dor and slipped his shoes on.

He exited his house and entered his vehicle.  Today is his fourth date with Ara Li, his girlfriend.  Today's date is a lunch at the park.  He parks in the parking space and sees the familiar vehicle in another spot a little farther away.  He breathed in and out before reaching for a gift bag.

Mom always said it was good courtesy to bring a gift or something to enjoy with the person who you're with.  He smiled at the matching blue gift bag.  He walked away from his car after locking it.  He looked around the tables and saw the two girls giggling to each other.


He looked at his watch and chuckled.  "You know that we were supposed to meet up at eleven o'clock, right?"  Mark said, sitting down across from the girls.

"Then why are you here at ten thirty?"  The little girl asked sassily.

Mark chuckled and saw the girl's big eyes on the gift back.  He reached inside and took out a light pink box.  "This is for you, Miss Mina."  He said sweetly while handing her the box.

"For me?"  She received the box excitedly and bowed right after.  "Thank you, Mr. Mark!"  She squealed.


Mark smiled while watching her open the box.  She gasped.  "A dolphin pin?"  She took it out and studied the glossy blue and the smile on the dolphin's beak.

"Do you like it?  You loved the dolphin's at the aquarium last time, so I instantly thought of you when I saw it."  Mark explained as he watched her look all around it.

She nodded eagerly.  "I love it!  Can you help put it on?"  She asked with a cute smile.

Mark got up and went to the other side of the table.  He opened the clasp and put it gently through her clothes when she pointed where she wanted it.  She looked up at him when it was fastened and smiled. 

"You're now a dolphin princess,"  He gave a head bow while holding his chest.

She giggled and slapped his shoulder.  He went back to the other side and looked at Ara's amused expression.  "Thank you."  She whispered and reached her hand across the table to hold Mark's hand 

"Your present will come later."  Mark cutely winked, making her blush.


The three start eating and sharing stories.  The stories were mostly what Mina's doing at school and the friends she plays with during lunch and recess. 

"And Sora smacked the ball out of Seungmin's hand!"  She giggled, making the adults chuckle at the little happening.


Her giggling stopped when she saw someone walking up to their table.  The two watching her expression turned back to see what was going on.  Their eyes narrow when they see the familiar face.

"Sehun,"  Ara started.


Mark cleared his throat and stood up.  "Is there something the matter, Sehun?"  He asked, trying to show his dominance despite being shorter than the other male.

"I just happened to be passing by,"  Sehun started, looking around the table, "who's.."  He pointed at the girl.


Ara sighed.  "If you have nothing to say, just leave.  You obviously aren't afraid to do that."  She snapped at him, putting her arm around Mina's shoulders and bringing her into a side hug.

Sehun went on the other side of the table to look closer at the girl.  "She's mine?"  He whsipered.  "Ara, I.."

"Don't you get anywhere near her, you pig."  She picked Mina up with all of her strength as she stood up. 


The male looked at her a bit angrily.  "She's my kid, shouldn't-"

"Oh Sehun,"  Mark started, "you're scaring Mina."


Sehun looked from Mark to the girl shaking in Ara's arms.  "But-"

"Sehun,"  Mark gained his attention, "this isn't the time to talk about this.  Collect your thoughts first."  He advised.


The man clenched his fists; however, he gave into Mark's suggestion.  "I'm not done, just so you know."  He pointed at Ara before walking away.


Mark watched the male exit the park and let out a breath.  He motioned Ara to sit back down, and she did.  She looked at him with worry in her eyes.  "Mark.."

"Ara,"  He started, "you tell me if he bothers you, okay?"  He said cautiously.  "I don't want you or Mina hurt."  He looked into her eyes.


She nodded and looked down at the table.  She felt the girl shift to look back at Mark.  "Mr. Mark..  I'm sc-scared."  She said with tears.


He moved to the seat next to Ara and took her hand.  He gently kissed it and gave an assuring smile.  "You know my phone number,"  He whispered to the girl, "you call right away if something bad happens.  Whenever you want, I'm here for you."  He continued with a smile.


Her smile slowly grew as she nodded.  "Even if something like a pen drops suddenly, I'll be here to attack the wind for you."  He promised, putting his pinkie out.


Ara chuckled.  "Mark.."

Mina didn't hesitate linking their pinkies.  "It's a promise,"  She started, "you better not run away.."

Mark shook his head.  "If I run away, you and mommy are coming with me."  He winked.



***


The next week came by, and Ara is tucking Mina into bed.  She leaned down and put a kiss on the little girl's forehead, looking into her eyes while pulling back.  "You really like that dolphin pin, huh?"  She commented as she saw the pin on the nightstand, ready to be worn with her school uniform tomorrow.

Mina nodded with a tired smile.  "Mr. Mark gave it to me,"  She said, "it reminds me of the aquarium.."  She commented, looking at the dolphin's smile.

Ara chuckled.  "You had fun looking at the dolphins, I remember."  She said, watching Mina's eyes sparkle.

"It also reminds me of how Mr. Mark defended us."  She said seriously, making the mother's smile go down a bit.  "How his smile made me feel warm and protected."


Ara hummed, recalling seeing Sehun that day.  "He has a lot more strength than I do.."  She whispered


Mina looked back at Ara with a curious expression.  "Who was that though..?"  She asked.


Ara sighed, knowing that one day she would have to tell Mina about her father.  She just hoped it wouldn't be this soon.  She hoped that Mina could stay her innocent flower for longer.  She hoped that she would never see Sehun again.  "Make some room,"  Ara said, tapping the girl's stomach.


Mina opened the blanket for Ara to lay down with her.  She then snuggled up to Ara's chest.  "That man's name is Sehun,"  She started, "he used to be my boyfriend before Mark.  We go a long way."  She continued as she recalled the happy memories. 

"We were close, but not close enough that he wanted to marry me."  She sighed.  "Once he found out that I was pregnant with you.. he left me."  She Mina's hair.  "Grandma helped me so much while I took care of you.  But.. I wish I could of had him around or someone to fill his place."

"Like Mr. Mark?"  Mina asked in a small voice.

Ara nodded with a hum.  "I would have liked it better if you were Mark's daughter..  He's really nice, isn't he?"  She asked.


Mina smiled and put her arm around Ara's stomach.  "I kinda wish he was my daddy.. can I call him that one of these days?"  Mina asked as she raised her head.

Ara was surprised.  "You.. want to call Mark your dad?"  She asked.

"Uhuh!"  She said excitedly.  "He makes you smile and is nice to me." 


Ara smiled softly, but inside squeals and cheers were going off.  Mark's it then..  She blushed.  However, their moment stopped when the doorbell went off.  Mina looked at Ara with confused eyes.  "Stay here,"  Ara said, leaving the bed.


Mina put her head to the wall to listen in.


Ara opened the door and is shocked to see Sehun.  "Sehun?  What are you doing here?  How did you-"  She was cut off by him letting himself in and holding her by the hips.

"Look, Ara, I made a mistake."  Sehun started.  "Please, I'm guilty.  Let me back into your life?"  He asked with a baby-soft expression.


She tried getting out of his hold.  "No, Sehun.  Get off, now!"  She commanded.


Mina furrowed her eyebrows as she heard her mother struggling and the man keep pleading.  She saw her mother's phone on her nightstand.  Going to it, she stays quiet while going into her closet.  She unlocked the phone and looked at the contacts, the top being Mark's number.

She put the phone to her ear as she heard the two continue arguing.

"Hey, Ara, what's up?"

"Mr. Mark,"  Mina started in a trembling voice, "I'm scared.."  She whispered.


She heard Mark shuffle around.  "What's up?  Why do I hear yelling?  Mina?"

"S-sehun's here.. and.. Mr. Mark.."  She wiped her tears.

"It's okay, Mina.  Don't cry.  I'm going to be there as soon as I can, okay?"

She nodded and let a noise out to indicate she understands. 



"Get your filthy hands off of me, Pig!"  Ara shoved Sehun's hands away.  She wouldn't be fooled by those soft eyes or those pleading words.  "You're nothing to me anymore."  She tried pushing him out of the front door.


"You don't mean that,"  Sehun cupped her cheek, "you love me.  Of course you still love me."  He tried to manipulate.  "Mark's a whimp compared to me."


She huffed and threw his hand away from her.  "I love Mark,"  She said confidentally, making his expression drop, "Mina loves him too and even said she wanted to call him her father."  She spat.

His fists clenched and his teeth gritted.  Before he could do anything else, the spoken about male walks into the house.  "Oh Sehun!"  He took the taller by the hair, pulling him out of the house.  "She said no, and that's your cue to leave." 


Sehun was shoved to the grass.  Before he could get up, the front door was closed and locked.  Mark turned to the scared woman, catching his breath. 

"Are you okay?  Did he hurt you?"  He asked, holding her hand.

She shook her head, looking up at him with heavy breaths.  "How-how did you..?"


"Mina called me."  Mark explained.  "I came as soon as I could."  He said, putting his arms around her when she got closer to her.


The said girl's bedroom door opened, and Mina ran out to hug Mark's leg.  "Mina,"  He stopped hugging to kneel at the girl, "are you okay?  Come here."  He picked her up and kissed her cheek.



Mina put her arms around Mark tightly while trembling.  Ara watched her daughter cry on Mark's chest with worry.  "Mr. Mark, wh-why did he come-come here at night?"  Mina asked, holding his jacket with her small hands.

"Because pigs don't care about other people.  They only care about themselves."  He whispered, sitting down on the couch that Ara guided him to.


Mina took her head out of his chest to look into his eyes.  "C-can you please s-s-stay the night?"  She asked.

Mark nodded.  "Of course, Mina.  I'm here for you and your mommy."  He kissed her hand.


"Thank you, Daddy!"  She went back to hugging him.


Mark stopped breathing.  He stopped moving his hands up and down her back.  He was surprised when his heart didn't stop too.  He slowly looked at Ara who had the same shocked expression. 



"I'll take care of you, my little angel."  He whispered before kissing her cheek.  "That's a promise." 




The child fell asleep a little later.  Mark put the blanket up to her chin and thumbed away the last tear on her cheek.  He leaned down to put a kiss on Mina's forehead.  He then turned the lamp on the lowest setting and left the room.  He walked into the seating room where Ara is setting up a blanket and pillow.

"Thank you, Mark.."  She said, looking up at him.


Mark nodded and cupped her cheek.  "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner, I wish that traffic could have disappeared for the night."  Mark laughed as he her hair.

"I think.. we need to start getting more serious,"  She mentioned, "unless.."

Mark held her hand with his free hand.  "As long as I'm welcome to, I'd like to marry you, Ara."  He said seriously but softly.  "I want to be here every day and night for you two.  I want to be here right away when something bad comes to the doorstep.  I want to comfort Mina instantly when she has even just a nightmare.

"Ara, please be my wife."  He went on one knee.


She chuckled with blushed cheeks.  "Mark.."

"I know I don't have a ring for you.."  He laughed.  "But.."

"Get up."  She commanded, at which he obeyed instantly.  "Mina really likes you.  Just before Sehun came, she was asking me if she could call you her father."  She told the story.

Mark raised his eyebrows.  "Really?"

She nodded and sat him down on the couch.  "It meant so much to me that she accepts you.  Even if she's just a seven year-old."  She laughed.  "She's my little angel and I want to take care of her as much as possible.  I want her to live happily, eat well, and find herself in everything.

"If she's happy with you, then I'm set."  She admitted.  "You've been nothing but a gentleman to me ever since my interview.  I do have some complaints on your sleeping behaviors, but I can work through it."


He smirked.  "Snoring is something I've been trying to control, but I even took up breathing exercises."  He shrugged.

She nodded and leaned in for a kiss.  "I accept your proposal."  She whispered before leaving for Mina's room.


He looked down at the blanket.  He sees something under the coffee table, however.  He reached to pick it up and sees that it's one of Mina's drawings.  They're stick figure people with noticeable facial features.  The three of them are in a meadow with smiles and their hands together.

I'll be the best for you two that I can be.

 


 


 

Part Two has been posted!
Because Mina was involved, I didn't want to include too much physical drama.
But seriously, would you cave into Sehun giving you a cute face like that though? XD
Mark proposed and Ara accepted, they're gonna be happy family~
Thank you for requesting!!

<3