Are You the One?

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Ann1914


Pairing
(Monsta X) Son Hyunwoo x Jang Hanna (OC)


Genres
Romance, Fluff, and Comedy


Plot
soulmate!au where both Shownu and Hanna are awkward at relationships (like both were never in a relationship before) so when they find out they're soulmates, they try to figure out how this thing called love works.



 



    Hyunwoo bit down on an apple, letting the juices fill his mouth.  He chomped a few times before holding his cheek.  He put the apple down and went to the kitchen to get a knife.

"What are you doing with a knife, Son?" 

"The apple..  It hurts to bite into it.."  Hyunwoo explained slowly before looking back at the other room. 

"What did mommy tell you?"  She asked with a light giggle.  "But you're way too young to have a knife, Dear."  She took the knife from his hands.

Hyunwoo pouted a bit.  "Young?  My classmates aren't even using crayons or safety scissors anymore.  I can't use a knife?"  He asked with folded arms.

"Now don't start that with me, young man.  You remember last time I let you cut an apple."  She schooled as she walked to the sitting room with the shorter.


Hyunwoo sighed and watched her fingers as she cut the apple crust perfectly.  She would cut a slice and feed it to him before cutting another. 

"Mom..  I met a girl today." 

She stopped and looked over at Hyunwoo.  "What is her name?"  She asked with a slight-shaky hand.

"Maria,"  Hyunwoo said before eating a slice of the apple, "she's really cute and she has a nice laugh, but she doesn't like me.."

She stopped cutting and put the apple down on the plate the younger brought in.  "Oh, Dear, don't worry.  She must not be the one for you then."


Hyunwoo raised his eyebrows.  "Do you think?  How did you know dad was yours?"  He asked with wonder in his eyes.

She looked down at the carpet for a moment with a smile.  "I can't explain the feeling, Son.  He had such a handsome smile, but when our hands touched, I felt something magical."  She breathed a sigh.

Hyunwoo looked down toward the apple.  "What do you think dad felt?"  He asked a bit silently.

She put her hand on his shoulder.  "He couldn't tell me–it was just a really nice feeling."  She spoke softly.  "Now don't forget to tell daddy that you love him, okay?"


Hyunwoo nodded with a big smile.  "I always tell him before sleeping!  He's the best daddy in the world."  He hugged his mother.


"That's right.."  She said under her breath as she hugged back.

"How will know when I find the right one though?"  Hyunwoo whispered after a moment of silent hugging.

She sighed and broke the hug to look into his eyes.  "Everyone's different.. but once you meet her, your life will change completely."  She assured.


***

Seven years later, Hanna walked into her new classroom.  Yesterday was college-orientation day, and she didn't have a chance to meet even half of her classmates.  Most of them were off doing something else while the others just didn't make any effort to meet anyone.  She could tell that most of the students were straight out of high school—their attitudes said it all.

She can't blame them, she was just out of high school too.  However, being more reserved was definitely something she had compared to these kids.  She clicked her tongue when a group of boys ran into the classroom and slammed their faces into the wall by accident.  Of course they said that they 'meant' to do that.  Sure.. 

"Hey, Hanna."  A girl sat down next to her with a smirk.  "Isn't Minhyuk so cute?" 

Hanna looked at the kid who obviously bleached his hair recently.  It was more orange than blonde, but that's what happens.  She chuckled a bit before nodding.  "Good for you, Maria... I suppose." 

Maria, Hanna's friend since middle school, gave her a look of surprise.  "You know what?  I think he's my soul mate."  She said.

Hanna unfolded her arms and looked at the other girl.  "No way.."  She didn't believe it.

"Believe me, Hanna," Maria started, "when I met him yesterday, he was already a dream!"  She couldn't contain herself.  "He was so nice and handsome.  But most of all, we shook hands!"

Hanna raised an eyebrow and stuck her hand out.  She made them shake hands.  "Oh no!  I think I'm in love!"  She faked with a gasp. 


Maria pulled her hand back.  "I'm being serious.."  She pouted.  "I felt.. like a power surge through me.  And I could tell he felt the same."

Hanna looked past the other girl to see that Minhyuk guy looking over their way occassionally.  He obviously was nervous as he scratched his head and bit his lip every now and then. 

"Did you two talk about it?"

Maria shook her head.  "He was called away by one of his friends, and I needed to get to the next classroom and such."  She waved her hand. 

Hanna nodded.  "I'm really happy for you."  She held Maria's shoulder.  "I hope everything works out."

Maria smiled and held her hand.  "I'm rooting for you too!"


Hanna shook her head.  "If I don't ever find my soulmate, I won't cry over it."  She told for the nth time.  "So what if there will be a penalty in the future?"


Maria sighed and turned back to the classroom full of students.  She saw the orange-haired one walking up to her with shy cheeks.  He put his hand on her desk and leaned in a bit in order for there to be any kind of conversation in this loud room.

"I uhm.. if you have any free time this weekend.. maybe we can.. get some ice cream or something?"  He was having a hard time.  "I'm so sorry."  He rubbed his neck.

"You're fine."  Maria smiled and put her hand over his.

Minhyuk's cheeks flush.  "I just.. I'm usually more flirty but-"

"It's fine."  She winked.


"I-I-I-gotta go!"  He ran out of the classroom.

"Woahh,"  Hanna started, "if I heard rumors correctly this morning, Minhyuk usually is super confident around most girls."

Maria held her heart.  "He's the one then~"

He must be.. Will I ever get that feeling?  Hanna was wondering.  She's handling this all so very well, would I be able to manage?


"Hey,"  Maria whispered, "class is starting."


***



Hanna walked out of classroom with Maria.  However, Maria went her own way.  Probably to go chat with Minhyuk.  Hanna supposed.  She decided to just walk to her next class and wait there since she has no one else to talk to. 

That's when someone runs into her.  "Ow!"  Hanna fell on her side and so did the other person.

"I'm so sorry!"  He said as he stood up and helped her up.  "Are you okay?"

Hanna took the help by holding his hand.  No spark—no feeling.. He's obviously not the one.  Hanna huffed.  "You should really watch where you're going."  She told.

"I.."  He looked into her eyes for a moment.  "Yes, you're right."  He held her shoulders and gave a smile.

"Y-you're creeping me out, you know."  She stuttered as she sort of smiled too.


The other just kept his hold on her shoulders and the smile on his lips as other students pass by them casually.  "Are you my soulmate?"   He whispered.

Hanna backed up.  "Woah there, don't get hasty!  I don't even know you."  She said, a bit of awkwardness filling her feelings.  Before he could have any chance to reply, she was out of that hall like lightning.


He scratched his head while watching her retreat.  "Did I say something bad?"  He muttered. 

He then felt an arm around him.  Surprised, he looked to his side to see his best friend.  "Hey, Minhyuk.  How did talking to that girl go?"  He asked.

"Pretty good!  Actually turns out.."  Minhyuk had blushed cheeks.  "She gave me this." 


The other male saw Minhyuk's wrist had a tiny, diamond-shaped scar on his wrist.  "She's the one for me, Hyunwoo."  He explained.  "She has one on her wrist now too."



Hyunwoo quickly looked around his body to see if he found anything different.  However, he came out with nothing.  "Alright then.. good luck with her."  He muttered.

Minhyuk let his eyelids ease a bit as he detected depression in the other's tone.  "Hey.. You'll find her, don't worry."  He held Hyunwoo's shoulder. 


Hyunwoo sighed.  "I want to find my soulmate, but at the same time, I'm so scared."  He said as they entered their next classroom.  "What if I don't realize who she is?  What if I don't treat her well?  What if-"

"Hush."


Minhyuk sat him down at a desk.  "Just stop thinking about it."  He instructed as he sat down. 


"Hey." 

Minhyuk's attention was shifted to the girl beside him.  "You're Minhyuk, right?"  She asked while pointing at him.  "Maria's new boyfriend?"

"Yes, that's right.  Who are you?"  He asked with a smile.

"Hanna,"  She replied before looking past the male to see Hyunwoo giving a shocked glare, "and I see Mr. Bump is your friend?"  She asked with a laugh.


Minhyuk raised one eyebrow before looking over at Hyunwoo.  "You bumped into her?  No way."  Minhyuk laughed.  "College really is a small place, huh?" 


Hanna looked at Hyunwoo for a moment.  I don't feel any spark..   They both had the same thought.  "I'm sorry about that earlier, I'm Hyunwoo."  He gave a small bow.

She bowed back while pursing her lips.  "This is the only class I don't have with Maria, would you two be willing to be my friends?"  She asked cautiously.

Minhyuk gave a willful smile.  "Any friend of Maria is definitely a friend to me."  He answered right away.

Hyunwoo scratched the back of his head.  "I don't know.. it might be awkward.."

"Why?  Because one of the first things you asked me was if I were your soulmate?"  She laughed as she ended the question.


Minhyuk raised his eyebrows with a slight chuckle.  "Oh boy.."  He said under his breath.  "I just see it now.. Hyunwoo's usually not awkward and you aren't usually this bold around boys."  Minhyuk commented.

The two staring at each other stopped and paid attention to Minhyuk.  "Huh?"


Minhyuk sighed and folded his arms.  "Maria told me about your personality.  If my studying is correct, only 2% of couples around the world have their personalities reversed when they meet their soulmate.  And it's only when they talk to each other before they're official."

Hyunwoo put his chin in his palm.  "Such a rarity yet sounds so clich
é.."

"C
liché, yes.  Interesting? Totally."  Minhyuk took out his book for history class.  "Good luck."


Before the two could share any more words, the teacher came in.  Hanna locked eyes with Hyunwoo for a moment.  No, no.. it's just a placebo.  I'm only feeling fluttery because of Minhyuk.  Hyunwoo told himself.

Hanna blushed and looked down at her desk as the teacher's words were still clear in her hearing.  She smiled before lifting her head back up.  I'm not too interested in finding my soulmate..  She thought.  Or am I?


***

It was the following weekend.  Minhyuk decided that he wanted to go out on a date with his beloved and that Hanna and Hyunwoo should try it out too.  If they're not soulmates, they can at least get to know each other, right?


Hanna on the straw to her smoothie like she's been for the past five minutes while watching him put his fork in a small piece of coffee cake.  Their eyes were hooked onto each other and the table was silent. 

"I-"

They both started at the same time.

"Well-"

They did it again.

"You first-"

They scratched their heads as they waited for the other to speak again.  Hanna put her lips back on the straw to indicate he can talk first.

"Ahem,"  He cleared his throat a bit, "I've never actually been in a relationship with a girl other than my mother."  He confessed.  "I met Maria when I was younger, but I went to a different high school after middle school."


Hanna nodded.  "I've never had a boyfriend.. I've had plenty of friends that happen to be boys, but.."  She replied.


Hyunwoo sat back in his seat.  "So at least we won't be judging each other, right?"  He asked with a small laugh.

"Aren't dates supposed to be judging though?"  She tilted her head.  "Especially the first one?"

Hyunwoo's smile fell and he scratched his head.  "Alright.. So.."


There was another round of silence that clouded them.  Soulmates, soulmates.. you're supposed to act your best with them–they complete you.  You never have to worry when you're with your soulmate.. But why am I feeling like we're not supposed to be?  Hyunwoo asked inwardly.

Hanna noticed the other's eyes becomming sad.  "Hey,"  she said softly to gather his attention, "it's just new for us, okay?  We'll figure things out."  She ended with a smile as she reached to the hand he had on the table.


The simple action made Hyunwoo blush.  "Thanks.."  He looked down at their hands.  "Are you sure you want to go through with this though?"

Hanna chuckled.  "You only find true happiness when you're with your soulmate, so I heard."  She said.  "So far, it hasn't been too bad.  I've been thinking about you non-stop, really."

Hyunwoo widened his eyes.  "Really?  You too?  It's not just because-"

"No."  Hanna interrupted.  "I really think we're meant for each other."


Hyunwoo nodded and sighed.  "What's wrong?"  She asked.

"I just.. I want to take care of you the best that I can, but I don't know how.."  He said as he scratched his neck with his free hand.


Hanna let her straw go and stood up.  The loss of their contact sent them both in a sort of inward-panic.  However, it left when she sat down next to him. 

"I have absolutely no doubt that you'll take care of me,"  She started, "and I'll take care of you."  She held his hand firmly.


"You promise?"  He asked in a whisper.


She smiled and nodded.  "I, Jang Hanna, accept my soulmate and vow to protect Son Hyunwoo with my life."  She quoted her birth place's ritual words.

"And I as myself, Son Hyunwoo, take the love of my body and soul to be mine forever—to be my Jang Hanna."  He recited the same words he practiced with for years.  The only difference is that he finally had a name at the end.


It was a new feeling they had, but they liked it.  It made them feel like they were the only people in the world and they were standing on the highest mountain–ruling the world.  No one saw the light that surrounded them but they themselves.  Only the soulmates can see their light for this short amount of time.

The phase of their status that will last for a year–when they become official.  It's one thing to know who your soulmate is.  It's another thing to make it your reality–your life–your living being.

"We'll figure everything out together."  He whispered as they came closer.


She nodded and locked her eyes with his lips.  "Your mom and dad would be so proud of you.."  Hanna didn't know why she said that.

There were small tears slowly forming in Hyunwoo's eyes.  "Thank you." 


Their lips lock softly, taking in each other's emotions.  The light spirals around them before it emits higher into the clouds, signaling the universe that they're together now. 

"I never wanted to meet my soulmate,"  She started, "but I'm glad I did."  She said shyly.

"I've always wanted to meet you, I just didn't know you'd be so pretty."  He said with a smile.


She blushed and put her face in his chest. 


"I love you."


 


Thank you so much for requesting~!
This is the first time I wrote a soulmate AU story, so I hope it didn't turn out too bad.
I saw so many concepts and I didn't know which one would be the best to use.
Which concept do you like most for this type of AU?

<3