Our Trance

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Kyotastic-Baby

 

Pairing
(GOT7) Im Jaebeom x Serenity Kang

 

 

Genres
Romance,
Slight-angst, Bonding Au

 

Plot
Author's Choice based on Lyrics


Author
Charlot1081


   
    Jaebeom turns his alarm off and yawns.  Sitting up, he looks at the light that's daring to come in through the curtains.  He gets used to the light and slowly opens the curtain to move the blinds.  He looks out to the street and sees some people wearing traditional-colored clothes.  The Lunar New Year..  He thought inwardly.

After a trip to the room next to him, he makes it to the kitchen and pours a bowl of cereal.  He stirs the little rings in his milk before bringing the bland cereal to his lips.  His mind goes back to the people on the street, making him remember last week when his cousin invited him to the party he's throwing in a town over. 

"I have nothing to do tonight,"  He commented aloud. 

He looked at the time and saw that it was a few minutes past noon.  He shrugged and finished his breakfast.  He then wanders into his closet and looks around at his plain shirts.  Some shirts were solid colors while others had a few memes he found funny at the time of buying them.  New Year's parties aren't too fancy.. Or at least Cousin Jinyoung's parties are never fancy.    He smirked, knowing fully well that the crazy adult will most likely go around in a bedsheet like last time.

He shook his head and looked around.  He picked a dark blue suit and brushed the lint off.  "Just because he's going to be mostly- doesn't mean I can't pick up the slack."  He chuckled, laying his suit on his bed that needs to be made. 

"It'll probably be boring, but at least there'll be free food."  He muttered, lifting his night shirt and tossing it to the floor.

He looked at himself in his full-length mirror.  He did poses to show off his muscles and then felt his chin.  He walked back into the bathroom and picked up his razor.  Cleaning his face, he looks at his hair.  Being home for a couple weeks made him not take care of his hair situation.

"Eow, I will look regal if I have a ponytail."  He did a fancy pose.

He laughed and took his shorts off, tossing him wherever they wanted to land in the room.  He jumps on his bed and takes his phone out, surfing the news and such until he needs to get ready to go to the party this evening.

***

Jaebeom parked at the address his GPS led him to.  It was a big mansion with a parking lot.  He looked at people exiting their vehicles and see they're all wearing fancy dresses and suits.  The women have masks on their eyes and the men have feathers in their jacket pockets. 

He got out of his car and walked slowly to the main entrance where he sees everyone else going.  He never said this was going to be a fancy party.  He's glad he decided to wear a suit instead of his ripped to Goten and back jeans. 

He reached the entrance where he saw Jinyoung greeting everyone.  "Jae!"  Jinyoung had a big smile.  "I'm gad you could make it.  You never responded to my invitation.."  He pouted.

"I'm sorry.."  Jaebeom held his arm.

"That's alright, I saved something just in case you did show up."  He put a finger up and reached into his jacket. 


Jaebeom was surprised when the other male gave him a blue feather.  "Everyone else is wearing one."  He winked.  "It might not be traditional to wear blue, but for my party, I wanted everyone to wear shades of blue and white in honor of the night sky and bright moon."  He said with enthusiasm.

"That's really cool."  Jaebeom put the feather in his pocket.  "How did you afford all of this?"

Jinyoung chuckled.  "My boss said he wants to marry off his daughter.  So whoever swoons her here will be married to her."  He winked.  "Good luck.  All the girls are wearing matching masks." 



Jaebeom then wandered into the party.  There was classical music in the background and the lights were dim.  The lights ranged from white to blue, just like everyone's outfits.  Feeling thirsty, and a little bit hungry from only having cereal a earlier in the day, Jaebeom makes his way to the tables that displayed food and drinks.

He picked up a plate and put a croissant on it.  He reached to hold a spoon.  However, a gloved hand held it first.  He looked up at the person who went to hold the spoon.  A girl with her face half covered smiled at him.  All he could see on her face were those shiny lips and those eyes through the mask.

Her eyes were beautiful.  It put him in a trance that he didn't realize he was in until someone accidently bumped into him.  He let the hold on her hand go and bowed slightly.  Her dress goes from white to a soft periwinkle color.  Her hair was half put up with most of it flowing down her shoulders.

She took the food she wanted and left.  That's when he noticed he was in yet another trance.  Those eyes were on his mind as he picks up the spoon she was holding earlier.  Her gloves went from her finger tips to her elbow.  Her translucent sleeve went down to her elbow, kissing her gloves as she moved her arms the right way.

He watched her figure disappear into the crowd.  He was in yet a third trance.  He shook his head and looked down at the food.  He puts his desired food on the plate and walks around with the food.  His eyes scan every woman's dress, looking for the periwinkle that has him in a fourth trance.

His eyes instantly threw out anything that wasn't her; he ignored people watching him and talking to him.  He even walked past Jinyoung as he saw the beautiful hair going around a corner. 

He followed and followed, putting his untouched food on a side table.  He finally caught up to her as they went onto a balcony.  The moon was right in their view.  He doesn't know what to say or do.  He just stands there and looks at her open back that meets the dress again at her midpoint.

She turns around a bit when the floor creaked under Jaebeom's weight.  And then their eyes lock once more.  He walked up to her cautiously, yet in another trance.  This one was different:  He didn't have her on his mind or her touch.  He didn't want to look at her eyes or her beautiful dress.

No.  He wanted to communicate.  "Hi.."  He said shyly.

She smiled and held the rail of the balcony.  "Hi."  She returned.

"I'm.. Jaebeom."  He introduced himself.

"Serenity."  She returned.

Their communication was short, to Jaebeom's disappointment.  She was about to walk away, however he held her hand.  The music from the ball room sounded even to out on the balcony. 

Their eyes stay locked as Jaebeom moves his other hand to hold her back.  She blushes and looks at his bow tie.  She let him move their bodies slowly to the music and smiled when they did a little twirl together.  The song was coming to an end and Jaebeom holds her close.

She looks up at him, her lips pursing in anticipation.  Jaebeom saw in her eyes that she was okay with it.  And so he leaned down and put their lips together.  He couldn't see her whole face - not even her full lips.  But he knew she was the one.  She didn't have another man with her, and so he guesses she's free to him.

"Let's dance not by the moon,"  Jaebeom started, "but by our hearts."  He whispered.

His voice was attractive to her.  She watched him reach for her mask.  Taking it off, he looks at her entire face.  The scar at the bridge of her nose wasn't found as an imperfection to him, but a story he wants to know.  "I'm ugly, aren't I?"  She whispered.  "It's hideous, that's why I asked daddy for masks.."  She said in a small voice.

"No, Serenity.  You're beautiful."  He said honestly, pulling them in for another kiss.


She kissed back, holding his shoulders tightly.  "Let's dance, Jaebeom."  She said softly.  "Let's dance together for eternity." 


A warm feeling came to them as they danced to the next song being played.  They smile as they look into each other's eyes.  He leaned down and noticed something on her neck.  The letters JB were there.  She wasn't any different, she noticed a SN on his neck, mirror to where her mark is.

He kissed her neck.  "Forever."  The said together.



 


Alright!  Here it is!
This is what I thought instantly when I read the lyrics (aside from s)
I did ask if would be okay, but then I realized that it could be a deep love without XD
I hope you enjoyed the story, thank you for requesting <3