Hidden Love

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Sway10


Pairing
(BTS) Jungkook x Taehyung


Genres
Romance, Fluff, Cute, Idols, Drama


Plot

Taehyung and Jungkook are normal members in their group. They like to do a lot of fan service. (e.g. at shows/concert/commercials/behind the scenes etc etc.) They have fun teasing their fans. Like, they were once rumored to leave an awards shows or something and returned with hickeys. Maybe you can include such a scene too, where they are laughing their off faking a hikey in the changeing room or something.
Over time they notice that they do the fan service involuntary. Like, they automatically grab the other's hand to feel comfort without the ulterior motive of just doing fan service. At some point the company tells them to keep the fan service down, because it's getting "too much". Like, you know it's not "allowed" to be gay in Korea and the company wants to "protect" their image. Like, there should be a little drama before they get together xD



Author
Charlot1081



 


~2018~


Park and Ho were in their meeting room.  They have been brainstorming on marketing ideas.  Some things included plushies of BTS members, stickers of the idols, and hoodies.  Of course, they needed their digital sales to go higher too, as the digital world was growing bigger and bigger.  They thought of digital exclusive items like short clips of the members talking, behind the scenes of promotions, and even photos that were unreleased to the public.  “What if.. We do fan service?”  Park suggested.


“Fan service?”  Ho parroted.


Park hummed.  “Super Junior got a lot of views for Donghae and Eunhyuk doing fan service.”  He gave an example.  “I’ve noticed some fans say that Taehyung and Jungkook look cute together.  They even made a ship name: TaeKook.”  He explained.


“Ship name?”  Ho raised an eyebrow.  “What would the general public think?  You know that same- relationships haven’t been accepted by most generations yet.”  He waved his pen around.


“I meant just holding hands.”  Park shrugged.  “They don’t have to kiss or anything.  Maybe make some live streams with just them to get more digital views; bring some games into it - put them on the same team.  Even fans who obsess over their bias are fine with the other members flirting; as long as it’s not with a girl.”  He explained.


Ho put his pen on the table.  “..bias?  Dude, you’re into this way too much.”  He shook his head.


Park watched Ho take a sip of coffee.  “A makeup artist gave me some details about it.  She said that it would be a good marketing strategy to try out.”  He replied.


“Fine,”  Ho put his hands up, “but when it gets out of hand, you’re on your own.”  He stood up.


“Pft, whatever..”  Park folded his arms.



***


The following week came and all seven members were in the meeting room with Park and Ho.  Namjoon noticed how unenthused Ho looked.  “We decided on our new marketing strategies.”  Park started.  “Please feel free to ask questions or make comments as we go.”


Ho put a hand in his pocket.  “There is a high demand for plushies of Yoongi and Jimin.  We will be making them how you want to.  This gives fans a sense of personalization.”  He explained.


Jimin put his hand up.  “Should we do a live stream while we design the plushies?”  He asked.



“Good idea!”  Park snapped his fingers.  “We can make a weekly broadcast with that.  There are seven members, we could get about a month out of it.”  He reasoned.


“Or even just bi-weekly to get two months.”  Yoongi put two fingers up.


“Fans love watching behind the scenes,”  Ho started, “Namjoon, Hoseok, and Seokjin, would you be comfortable filming compositions of lyrics, dances, and telling how you felt during the process?”  He asked.


The three looked at each other and shrugged.  “Sounds kinda fun.”  Namjoon said.  “I’ll prep before recording so we don’t get too nervous.”  He laughed.


“We could joke around too.”  Hoseok smirked.  “Oh and during the live stream, you could tease fans saying we’re recording content.”  He said to Jimin.


“Sounds great!”  Park clapped.  “And for Taehyung and Jungkook..”


Ho breathed in and out after five seconds of silence.  “You will guest in a lot of programs.  The highlight is that you will be close: holding hands, cuddling, and being all-around cute with each other.”  He explained.


Taehyung and Jungkook looked at each other.  “Eh?”


“Fan service?”  Namjoon asked.


“Yes.”  Park answered simply.  “You don’t have to be 100% romantic, and not even all the time do you have to be close.  Just be close enough to get some attention from fans.  Like they will pay just to watch you guys.”  He explained.


Jungkook scratched behind his ear.  “Well.. It couldn’t be too bad.”  He said.  “Plus, I like your hugs, Hyung.”  He hugged Taehyung’s arm.


Taehyung swallowed heavily.  “R-right, we’re already good friends.  It shouldn’t be too unnatural for us to start being closer on camera.”  He agreed.  “We’ll do our best.”


Park clapped.  “Great~  We’ll start everything tomorrow - planning, scheduling, and writing scripts.”  He smiled.


“See you then.”  Namjoon said as he stood up.


The others stood up and bowed in unison.




Five years later…


Taehyung looked at Jungkook, who was giving an amazing speech at an award ceremony.  His eyes sparkled as he watched as Jungkook’s smile got brighter and brighter.  Taehyung held the hand Jungkook had on the microphone.  His speech was interrupted as they held hands and looked into each other’s eyes.  The blush was very evident on Jungkook’s face.  “My turn, Gorgeous.”  He said in the microphone.


Jungkook let go of the microphone.  Some fans were muttering things like: aw, they’re so cute, and precious.  The couple never found it weird to touch each other.  Taehyung never hesitated holding Jungkook in the cold of night.  He’s even found himself cuddling with Jungkook  off camera.  And that’s what’s happening after the award ceremony.  The other members agreed on a restaurant to go to.  Once inside, Taehyung held Jungkook’s hand, guiding them to their table.  Jungkook sat down next to the other, automatically fitting in the older’s arm.


While listening to the members’ stories, Jungkook felt Taehyung rub his thigh.  He pushed closer in their slight hug.  Taehyung leaned closer, putting a little kiss behind Jungkook’s ear.  No one questioned them anymore.  Of course, Jimin saw them whispering back and forth like a high school couple in a classroom.  Hearts were being shared between them in their little cuddle.  “Can we cuddle tonight?”  Taehyung asked.


“I already said yes.”  Jungkook poked the other’s stomach.  “We have another ceremony coming up,”  He commented, “we should be y instead of cute.”  He suggested.


“y?”  Taehyung was intrigued.  “What are you planning, Cutie?”  He asked.


Jungkook shrugged.  “Maybe I should smudge red markers on our necks to look like hickeys.”  He half-joked.


Taehyung chuckled.  “Who says they can’t be real?”  He said before nipping at Jungkook’s ear.


The alcohol clouded their minds as Jungkook gave an audible moan.  “Please..”


“Please what?”  Taehyung asked with a smug smile.


“Please get a room.”  Hoseok said, rolling his eyes.


“You’ll still hear us, Neighbor.”  Taehyung teased.


Jungkook was beet red.  Namjoon noticed Jungkook’s uneasiness.  “Nope.”  He said.  “I’ll take care of Jungkook.  We all need to practice for the next event.”  He continued.


“Dude..”  Taehyung sighed.




Namjoon held Jungkook through the dorm.  He sat the younger on his bed.  “Is everything okay?”  He asked.  “Has Taehyung hurt you?”


Jungkook shook his head.  “I.. I just..”  His head was pounding as he was slowly turning sober.  “It’s become more.. I like it, I just.. Want to be careful.”  He muttered.


“More?”  Namjoon asked.


“It’s more than fan service.”  Jungkook blushed.  “I can’t live without him holding me.. I.. I love him.”  A tear went down his cheek.


Namjoon sighed.  “Why cry over it though?”  He asked.


“Mr. Ho told us that we can’t have feelings.”  Jungkook said.  “It started so innocently.  We were so compatible because I already had a crush on him.  I just need him to control us.”  He sighed.  “Now he wants more than just hugs, he wants to go further.  I’ve said no for the past year in fear that Ho would punish us..” 


“Kook-”


“We should have never started this.”  Jungkook cried.  “Taehyung took it too far.. We took it too far.”  He continued.


Namjoon sighed once more when Jungkook passed out.  He wiped Jungkook’s tears before turning off the light.



***

Jimin watched in shock as Taehyung dragged Jungkook on stage.  Not only did it look like a scene out of a romantic k-drama, but the red spots on their necks were quite evident.  “What. The. Hell.”  He whispered in syllables.



Five minutes earlier


“Hey, noona left her makeup kit open.”  Jungkook noticed.  “You wanna have some fun?”


Taehyung chuckled.  “This will make the fans go crazy!”  He picked up a random brush.


Jungkook giggled as he stretched his neck.  “Oh my, so many new story ideas for our fans.  Did you see the fanfic that came out about you holding my hand last week?  So cute~”  He said.


“We could make a lot of money if we just made our own drama.”  Taehyung commented.  “Oh yeah, that looks good.”  He complimented himself.


Jungkook laughed as he saw it.  “Perfect, my turn~”  He said, snatching the brush.




After the ceremony…




“WHAT THE HELL?!?”  Ho screeched.  “We never said to do that!” 


“It’s just makeup.”  Jungkook said, rubbing the pigment off.


“I don’t care if that was makeup or real,”  Ho started, “that was inappropriate!”


“We just..  Wanted to make an impact like you wanted.”  Taehyung said, putting his head down.


Ho sighed when he saw a tear roll down Jungkook’s cheek.  “Listen..”  He gave Jungkook a tissue.  “You guys can do whatever you want to do in your private life.  I’ve noticed even before Park’s proposal how close you two were; how much you valued each other.”  He continued.  “You just took it too far.”


Namjoon looked at Jungkook.  Words from that night came back to him.  “Because of this, we are going to see a lot of fans giving you trouble.  They are going to say things that I don’t want you to even think about hearing.  I told Park this would backfire eventually..”  He held his forehead.  “And of course, he left the company two years ago..”  He rolled his eyes.


“So what do we do now?”  Yoongi asked.


Ho sat down.  “We have a few options.”  He said.  “One: we could come clean and say that we did fanservice to appeal to a class of fans for profitable gain.  Two: we could tell them that you are in an intimate relationship.  Three: we can ignore it and make you guys have distance between each other.  Lastly, we can deny dating rumors and just say you two were playing with staff makeup and were making a dirty joke.”  He listed.


“I like the last one.”  Jimin laughed.


“Any option, you guys have to be more silent with the fanservice.”  Ho said.  “Many fans and viewers don’t support same- relationships, especially with idols.  I wanted to protect you guys from that, but we needed money to support you.”  Ho closed his eyes.


Jungkook held Taehyung’s hand.  “I.. I love you..” He said.


Taehyung played with Jungkook’s hair in an effort to comfort the younger.  “We’ll make it, Love.”  He assured.  “Let’s form our words and prepare for a live stream.”  He insisted.



~~~



“Hello, I’m V.”  Taehyung greeted the camera.


“I’m Jungkook,”  The other male gave a friendly wave, “we would like to share some thoughts about last night’s ceremony.”  He started.


Taehyung nodded.  “Thanks to Army, we won many awards: not only BTS won, but Army received awards as well.”  He said.


“We saw some fun performances too.”  Jungkook clapped.  “Did you guys see JYP?  What a visual!”  He laughed.


“Of course, about the speech.”  Taehyung clapped.  “I’m glad Yoongi didn’t drop the medal.”  He poked the younger.


“Aya, but at least we had fun.”  Jungkook said.  “Some Army had teased us for our necks.  We wanted to have some fun.”  He scratched behind his ear.


“We would like to apologize for misleading viewers.”  Taehyung started.  “We thought it was a harmless joke.  We understand that some fans were disturbed and hurt by our image.  While some enjoyed it, we should have thought about everyone.”  He continued.


“We have learned from this mistake.”  Jungkook stated.  “V-hyung is a very close friend, I respect him.  I also respect my fans.  We won’t be careless like this ever again.”  He promised.


“While we vow to do our best, my love for my bandmates will never stop.”  Taehyung said.  “I will still show my affection for them, even if some may not like it.”  He patted Jungkook’s head.


“I also care for my bandmates in different ways.”  Jungkook said.  “While we respect you, please respect us as well.”  He bowed his head.



Once the live stream came to an end, Taehyung softly kissed the younger’s lips.  “Great work.”  Ho said.  “We’ll let fans decide if they respect you or not.  Don’t change your heart just to please them.”  He continued.


“Thank you, Mr. Ho.”  Taehyung bowed.  “I’m glad we could go through this together.  I realize that there are some things that I made you uncomfortable with.  I want to grow close to you in your time.”  He kissed the younger’s hand.


Jungkook blushed and leaned his head on Taehyung’s shoulder.  “I’m glad I can experience this with you.  I love you.”  He returned.


“Good luck, boys.”  Ho said with a proud smile.  “I’ll be here to support you.”


 

 

First off, I am so sorry for the delay!  Work has me stressed, and I didn't want this to be too angsty or have a bad ending.
Second!  Thank you so much for requesting!!!
I hope you enjoyed reading~  And thank you so much for your patience with me.


<3