Cute Pets

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Ann1914


Pairing
(Super Junior) Yesung x Hanna (OC)


Genres
Romance, Cute, Comedy


Plot

Hanna works at a bookstore and this customer (Yesung) comes in every few days to find/ask for books about turtles. Hanna thinks he has an obsession with turtles but later finds out (while randomly chatting and asking why he keeps searching about turtles) that the man actually has pet turtles. When he offered to show her though, this happens:




Author
Charlot1081

 




    Hanna casually flipped the sign to open as she does every morning.  It's currently nine o'clock and the weather is fairly cold.  The season is changing from a scorching hot to a chilling cool with the autumn finally settling itself in the air.  The air was as light as the clouds in the sky.  The leaves were falling slowly from the trees to the road, making the road different shades of brown and yellow.  She yawns and stands by the counter, looking at her itinerary for today.

Like every morning, she picks up the bin of returned books and puts them in their categories.  She looks at the book numbers and goes to the shelves.  The bookstore is also a library, in the sense that you can check books out and then bring them back so that others can read the books too.  Most books can either be bought or checked out. 

She hears the bell.  She put the basket down and went closer to the door so that the person there can see her.  "Good morning."  She greeted.

This man is a regular here.  He always keeps his books and is pretty shy, as Hanna can tell.  She returns to putting the books in their places before walking around the store, making sure everything is sound.  Sometimes kids can be a bit reckless and bump into shelves, knocking over books without looking back to pick them up.

She sees a book on the floor.  She reachest to pick it up, but a hand already takes it.  "Sorry about that," The man gave a small laugh as they made eye contact.

"It's fine," She smiled and straightened her shirt,  "are you ready to check out?"

"Yes."  He said softly as he walked to the register.


She took the book and looked at the price label on the back.  "Cash or credit card?"  She asked her usual question.  And like usual, the man gives the exact money in bills and coins. 

She raises her eyebrows as she sees that the front cover of the book has an agressive turtle on it.  It's like he's obsessed with these things..  She thought as she put the book in a small bag. 

"I.. have a fascination with bunnies."  She mentioned as he took the bag.  He gave her a puzzled look that made her slightly tremble.  "I mean.. it seems like you have an obsession with turtles."  She commented.

"Oh!"  He laughed and sat down at a nearby table.  She followed and sat across from him.  "You see, I'm just really dedicated to my turtles.  I want to know everything there is to know about them and different kinds of turtles.  So that I can take care of them to the best of my ability."  He explained.


Now Hanna feels more awkward.  "Oh really?  You have turtles?"  She asked.

He nodded with a teeth smile.  "They'll outlive me, and I want to make sure they have a good home while I'm still here."  He said, clasping his hands together.  "Would you like to see them sometime?"

She laughed with a nod.  "That would be awesome."  She replied.  "Oh, but I don't think my boss will let turtles walk in here, no matter how slow they are."  She frowned.


Yesung pouted and folded his arm.  "Not every turtle is slow.  In fact, when my turtles were a few years younger, they ran pretty quickly.  They're no joke."  He defended his reptiles.

She quickly got the vibe that he was offended, but then she couldn't help but see how cute he turned being all like that.  She unknowingly smiled as his hair got into his eyes, making him unfold his arms to play around with his bangs. 

"Oh hey, my house isn't too far away, maybe you could come over sometime."  He suggested.

She smiled and nodded.  "Sure, let me give you my number so we can arrange something."  She went to the counter to get her phone.

Now that she knows that he has pets, he seems less of a creep.  Kinda cute..  She commented.  Thinking about him snuggling up to those shelled creatures gets her to have a tint of pink on her cheeks.  He would be cuter if he was cuddling with a white bunny though..  She could just imagine it.

"What's your name?"  She asked as she put her phone away. 

"Kim Jongwoon,"  He said as he stood up, "but call me Yesung."  He he requested.


She nodded with a slight bow.  "I'm Go Hanna,"  She offered her hand for him to shake.


He smiled and shook her hand.  "I'll tell my turtles that a pretty girl is coming.  They always get excited when new people come over."  He said with a laugh.

"Is that often?"

"No, why?"  Yesung's smile faltered at the question.


Hannah scratched her neck and waved with her other hand.  "Nothing~  I was just wondering.  Pets do the cutest things, don't they?"  She laughed.

His smile reapeared with a nod.  "Truly, I hope they act well around you."  He said.  "Oh, I have to be going.  Ddangkkoma gets upset when she doesn't get his bath."  He laughed as he looked at his watch.

"Does she?" 

Yesung nodded.  "If you mess up a turtle's schedule too much, they might stop eating.  I don't like the thought of that."  He said as wrapped the bag around his wrist.  "I'll text you later!"


He then left the store.  She smiled as she watched him power walk away.  How responsible.  She inwardly commented.


***

Yesung finishes the last bit of cleaning around his small house.  He sighed as he watched one of his bigger turtles walking around.  He just sat down when he heard the doorbell.  He chuckled and closed his eyes while holding his forehead.  He stood up and flipped his hair out of his bangs while walking to the door.  He opened the door and smiled when he saw the shorter girl.

"Good morning,"  She said, rubbing her mitted hands together, "I hope I didn't come too early."  She continued with a bow.

"No, no.  Come in."  He replied as she stepped out of the way for her to come in.


She walked through the door after wiping her shoes off.  The snow has made the air around her so cold, that she kept her jacket on her body even in the warm apartment.  Unfortunately, Hanna hasn't had the opportunity to come visit Yesung for a couple months, making the autumn be forgotten and the winter taking the spotlight.

"Can I get you anything?"  Yesung asked politely.

"Do you have hot coco?"   She asked with raised eyebrows.


He chuckled.  "Of course, give me a minute."  He requested as he went to the kitchen.

Hanna flipped her bangs to the side while looking around the house.  There were countless pictures of turtles and Yesung's family.  She smiles as she sees some baby pictures of a couple turtles.  She heard Yesung come back, obviously waiting for the coco to do its magic in the mug.

"You raise them?"  She asked in curiosity.

"I've bread a few and given some to family and the zoo."  Yesung explained as he eyed the pictures too.  "Ddangkkoma had one clutch so far."  He mentioned.


She smiled and looked around.  "Where are the turtles, anyway?"  She asked.

Yesung pouted and looked around.  He spotted them.  "Hey, kids!  Come here!"  He motioned them.


She couldn't get enough of his pout that turned even cuter when the turtles turned around and sprinted into the hallway.  She watched him power walk to the turtles.  She let out one laugh as she made her way to the kitchen.  She stirred the hot coco and took the mugs out of the kitchen and into the seating room.  She placed the mugs down onto the coffee table.

Finally feeling a bit warmer after taking a sip, she took her jacket off and put it on the rack near the entry way.  She sees him coming by with a big turtle on the floor. 

"So you let them wander around?"  She asked as she sat down on the couch. 

"Yeah, they're used to the house and are potty trained."  He explained as he rubbed a smaller turtle's shell. 


She looked at him with confused eyes.  He could tell.  "Turtles can feel the rubbing just like a bunny can,"  He started, "some turtles like their shells rubbed gently.  It calms this one down."  He continued as the turtle moved its head around and looked straight at Hanna.

The seemingly-blank stare made her nerves go haywire.  "Why is it looking at me like that?"  She almost stood up.

"Don't worry, just like dogs, they like to know what's good."  He said with a laugh.  "Say 'Hi~ Hanna~'."  He said as he stood the turtle on its hind legs. 

"Hi~ Hanna~"  He faked a voice for the turtle.


She laughed as she made the turtle dance.  Her attention went back to the one on the floor that put its head on her calf.  "Woah,"  She slightly jolted, making the turtle look annoyed.  "You're a big one."  She commented as she reached to rub its head.

"That one is Ddangkkoma.  She's cute, isn't she?"  He asked with a laugh.

Hanna nodded as she watched those unamused eyes look up at her.  "So what will you be doing with the ones that will grow up?"  She asked as she looked at a few smaller ones that were minding their own businesses.

He shrugged.  "Turtles aren't too social,"  He commented, "I'm surprised they all except each other.  Hopefully I can find some good homes for them."  He said as he put the one on his stomach on the floor and reached to sip the hot coco from a straw.


Hanna hummed as she watched him look at a thermometer.  "What's up?"

"I know it's natural for them, but I don't want them to go through hibernation.  Some turtles never come out of them and I don't think I could take them not coming back to me in the spring."  He said with a small mumble.  "It's scheduled to get even colder next week." 


Hanna pursed her lips as she watched him hold all of the turtle's faces.  "But they're all warm right now, so that's good."  He said with a sigh.

The next move sent Yesung into a smile.  She picked up the one that Yesung was holding earlier and rubbed its shell.  "You're so cute~"  She whispered as she held it close to her chest.

Yesung got closer to her, leaning on the couch on his albows to be at the turtle's level.  "You're really cute too~"  He said in the little voice that he made earlier.

She looked from the turtle to his eyes.  His eyes were rather big at this angle.  They were dark but cute.  With his bangs casually resting at his eyes, all she could do is smile.  "Do you want a kiss?"  She asked as she turned back to the turtle.

"Yes~  Right on the lips, Hannie~"  He cooed making her cheeks warm.


She was leaning closer to kiss the turtle's beak.  However, she lowered the turtle carefully before moving to Yesung.  The kiss was small and soft, but it left them laughing and smiling at each other. 

"I know that I came off as a creepy, obsessed turtle guy.. but could you consider dating me?"  He asked as softly as he gently took her hand.


She nodded and brushed his bangs out of his eyes.  "As long as you come over to my place and pay my bunnies a visit."  She replied.





 


I wish I found our turtles cute.. but they always give me this annoyed look!
At least the water turtle is still small, that adds to the cuteness. lol
Hanna and Yesung bonded over his turtles.  Yes, my dad dances his turtle like that all the time.
I learned some things since we have turtles, so it adds to the realistic aspect even though most turtle owners probably don't cuddle with the turtles.


As always, thank you so very much for requesting~
<3