A Future without You - Part Two

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
SMTownR

Pairing
(Got7) Mark Tuan x Park Ara (OC)

Genres
Romance
I put a little bit of drama too.

Plot
A Future without You - Part Two
[
Part 1]

 


    

    Ara sat down on her bed and held her sides. She always dreaded the day her true feelings would come out. She always had the imagination he wouldn't like her the same way and disconnect from her. The only thing that was different from her dreams was that she was the one who disconnected from him.

"Mark.." She whispered as her tears came out of her eyes like a broken dam.


The next day, she woke up late. She got to work late. She didn't greet anyone happily, and she probably got a smaller tip than usual. All she could think about was Mark and how he rejected her.


The day was coming to an end, however. She looked up from her order book to see Mark standing there with a sad smile. She wanted to smile back - He came to see me, despite me running away? But she stayed strong. No, he doesn't like me the same way. He just wants to lift his conscience; not tell me he loves me too.

Her frown remained and she walked into the kitchen. She didn't have time for Mark anymore. She got complaints from her boss, saying how the people there weren't happy with her service. I can't let his rejection ruin my work. He's not worth it, even how long I've loved him.


"Ara-"

"I'm leaving now." She told the cook who bowed.


She took one last look at Mark before leaving through the back door.

 

 

It was a few months later when Ara was tired of Mark showing up every other day for his lunch break. She sighed and looked at her phone. It was currently time for her to leave to go back home again. She took off her uniform apron and cracked her neck. Walking out of the women's bathroom, she sees Mark sitting on the bench at the front of the restaurant.

She walked to the front and caught up with one of the chefs.

"Ara, I-"

"Please leave me alone." She said with an annoyed tone.

The chef next to her caught on this time. "Hey, Ara, is this guy bothering you?" He asked looking Mark up and down.

She nodded while folding her arms. "He's been pestering me for awhile now."


The man automatically stood in front of Ara. Mark backed up a bit while putting his hands in the air. "I just want to talk to her, alright?" Mark defended with words rather than trying to show his strength.

"She doesn't want to talk to you. Now beat it before someone gets hurt."

Ara put her hand on the chef's shoulder. "Thanks, Wonho."

Wonho, the chef, put his arm around her shoulders while walking her out. "I'll walk you home so that creep doesn't try anything funny." He said, bringing his arm back to his side.

She nodded and walked along with him. When they reached her apartment, Ara gave a small smile.


"It's not him that I'm upset at.." She said, opening her door and letting him walk in.

Wonho and she have been friends ever since she was hired to be a waitress. They use the buddy system whenever they need to. And Ara felt like this would be a good time to be open to him.

"What's wrong then?" He asked, taking his shoes off.

"Well, you see.. a little while ago, he and his girlfriend broke up." She told the story, "and I told him I liked him. However he didn't have the same feelings."

Wonho sat down on the opposite couch and put his ankle on his knee. "So you figured things would be awkward after that, I'm guessing."


She nodded and opened a bottle of soda. "But I don't understand why he wants to talk to me. He has no feelings for me, and I hate the thought of him just wanting to talk down to me.."

Wonho nodded understandingly. "Why don't I talk to him for you?"

"Mark is persistant, it's either me or no one." She shook her head.


Wonho scratched his chin. "I think I should be getting home. Neighbors might get the wrong idea." He pointed out, making her eyes widen.

"Y-yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." She stood up to walk him out.


It was a week later, and Ara was walking out of a convenience store. She had a bag of supplies she would need for the week, and a few snacks. She turned the corner and saw Mark in the distance. He was just watching the street light. What confused her was that the light already said that passing was allowed.

She thought the worst, however. She saw the light switch and was waiting for Mark to start walking. To her surprise, he kept standing there. She let out a relieved sigh.

Appearantly Mark hasn't noticed her yet. A few minutes pass, and she wanted to make sure he wouldn't do anything wrong. The light signaled again, and he started walking across the street.

Must have just been waiting for another cycle.

She continued to walk, and even walked past Mark. He didn't seem to notice, or he just didn't feel like talking to her. She shrugged it off, it's what she wanted, right? Even still, it worried Ara.

Even though I hate it, it seems so not like Mark. She walked to her apartment. She opened her door and saw a letter flying. Someone must have put it between the door and the door frame.



Ara,

I know that you are more
than annoyed of me from me
bugging you so much. I
haven't given up yet. I
really want to talk to you.
You can bring someone as
a witness if you want.

Mark



Ara didn't know what to think. She sighed and took out her phone.



Ara (12:45pm)
You up to go see Mark today?

Wonho (12:46pm)
Sure, where do you wanna
meet?


Ara (12:48pm)
In the park.


Ara left her apartment while she scrolled through her blocked contacts. She hovered over the one and only contact that was in the list - Mark Tuan. She sighed and unblocked him.

Ara (12:54pm)
Park


She then walked to the park where she already saw Wonho sitting on a bench. She sat next to him and crossed her legs. She noticed that Wonho chose to wear a tank top while folding his arms.

After five minutes, Mark walked up to them. He gave Wonho one look before signaling them to follow him. He lead them to a table that had a bench on either side. He sat across from the two.

"Ara, I want to finish our conversation." Mark said, ignoring the intense stare from the other male at the table. "You said you've liked me for a long time, and I never picked up on it."


"Yup, and then you said you liked me as a twin sister." She recalled the conversation.

"That's the thing - it's true. But you didn't let me finish that day."


Ara raised an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't mind changing our relationship status. We're not literal family, so when I say this, don't feel weird." He slightly laughed. "You know me like you know the menus at the restaurant. You know where everything is, how much they cost, and even know how many calories are in each dish."

She unfolded her arms and put her hands in her lap. The table hid her fidgeting hands.

"I'm a new dish that would like to be your favorite - your special."

"You're calling yourself food?" Wonho interrupted.

Ara laughed a bit. "You really feel that way?"

"The moment you told me your feelings, I knew I couldn't see you the same way. I want you to still be my family, but rather than a sister, I want you to be my lover." His eyes were sincere.

"Cheesy.."


Ara pinched Wonho's exposed arm. "Hush." She commanded.


"Ara, can I have a future with you?" He asked, reaching to her hand.

She smiled with a tear in her eye.



"Yes, Mark. I would like that."


 


Thank you so much for requesting! <3
I suppose these two really did have a future together afterall.
I hope you enjoyed the story, and I'm sorry for the long wait.  School has been real recently.
=^.^=