Winged Love

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
ShineeMe08


Pairing
(SHINee) Onew x Yuri (SNSD)


Genres
Fantasy



Plot
Author's choice


Author
Charlot1081

 

 

 

    A young girl walked into a grocery store one day. She wasn't too familiar with the place as her family has done most of the shopping for her. But today, she decided to go out on her own and experience things for herself. She looked around at the aisles of familiar products. Things that stood out to her the most was food. She picked up an apple and felt its hardness. She then noticed a boy having his eyes set on her.

 

She looked at the boy while lowering the apple and putting it in the bin once more. She wasn't numb to know that the boy was probably looking at her legs. She's in her high school uniform and the skirt was typical. The boy didn't look too much older than she was, perhaps they were the same age. She smiled a little as the boy came closer to her. That's when she noticed that the boy was actually wearing a vest with the shop's name on it.

 

"Good afternoon, Miss." He bowed. "I happen to notice you looking at the apples for a while, is there something wrong with them that I could help to change?" He asked with a customer-service smile.

 

She shook her head. "I'm just picky when it comes to food." She giggled.

 

The boy read her nameplate. "Well give me a holler if you need anything, Miss Yuri." He bowed once more.

 

She read his nametag and nodded. "Okay, Jinki." She smiled. "Are you a student?" She asked.

 

"Yeah, actually, we go to the same school." Jinki mentioned. "I kinda got excited when I saw your uniform. Not too many students I know come here often." He put his hands behind his back.

 

She hummed. "Usually my mom flies by here to get some groceries." She said.

 

"Sometimes I wish I could fly.." Jinki muttered.

 

Yuri widened her eyes. "F-fly? How did you.."

 

"You said that your mom flies by, I was just joking." Jinki chuckled with red cheeks. "I'm sorry, that was a lame joke." He continued to laugh at himself.

 

Yuri let out a sigh inaudibly. "I see.. You're clever, not lame." She said. "Can you ring up my apples?" She requested, holding the bag of produce.

 

Jinki got out of joking mode and turned serious with a smile. "Sure thing, please follow me." He said, showing the way to the register.

 

She took out her wallet and handed him some cash, paying for the apples. "Is this all that you want to purchase?" He asked, putting the apples in a shopping bag.

 

"I just came in for a quick apple run." She answered. "Mom got everything already, I just wanted apples." Yuri continued, her eyes turning to crescents.

 

"Simple girl," Jinki said, "that's really cool. Come by whenever you need more apples, okay?" He gave a welcoming smile.

 

She bowed once. "Maybe I'll see you at school sometime too." He mentioned. "Have a good day, Miss Yuri." He bowed.


 

She exited the store. Once she was a good while away, she looked around. When she made sure no one was around, she put the bag down. Closing her eyes, her wings formed and her feathers were easily drawn. She wasn't a big bird, but the falcon took her apples and flew from the spot. She looked down at the store, seeing Jinki coming out and cleaning the glass.

 

She turned her head toward the open sky, flying away with her apples.


 

***

 

Months passed and Jinki made it his goal to come by Yuri's classroom every week. Some days he was more busier than others. He would greet her and ask her how her day was going. She would answer and ask him the same. Yuri felt a little bubble jumping inside of her whenever she was around Jinki. Like it bounced and bounced whenever he came by, but just sat idle when he was away. She enjoyed his presence and didn't quite like it when he was gone.

 

Yuri looked at her classmates and raised her eyebrow with a sigh. One of the girls, Taeyeon, noticed her far stare. "Hey, what's up?" She asked, knowing Yuri to normally have a smile. Yuri can't say that she is close to any of her classmates. They talk and ask questions when they're concerned, or sleep through a lecture. But Yuri never got that bubbly feeling with the girls. That being said, Yuri wasn't going to ignore her.

 

"I'm fine.. I've just been thinking a lot lately." Yuri answered honestly.

 

"What have you been thinking about so much?" Taeyeon asked, focusing on her instead of her nails.

 

Yuri shrugged. "I don't know how to really say it.." She muttered. "There's this person that I've been hanging out with recently." She said.

 

"Oh, you two are friends?" Taeyeon asked.

 

Yuri widened her eyes. "Friends?" She asked. "I've never really had a friend before." She said, looking down.

 

"Seriously? You're such a sweet girl, how could no one be your friend?" She asked with a chuckle.

 

The other girl blushed. "I guess that's it, I didn't know that feeling.." She said, scratching her neck.

 

"Why don't you go see what your friend is up to, hm?" Taeyeon suggested.

 

Yuri gave an excited smile and nodded. She knew that the boy would be at the store at this time. He left school right away when it was finished to go to work. She walked out of the building and went to her hiding spot. This would be the place she transformed. She put her bag down and closed her eyes. However, her transformation decided not to work.

 

"Mh?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

 

She's been transforming for ten years. "What's up..?” She muttered, scratching her forehead. She picked up her bag and started running away from her spot. Even with the acceleration, her wings didn't form and her feathers were nowhere to be seen.

 

With a worried glare, she made her way to the store. She slowed down once she was inside. She looked around and saw the male putting yogurt in the bin. She walked up to him and pulled on his sleeve lightly.

 

"Hey there." Jinki put the empty box on the bottom of the cart. "How was school?" He asked.

 

"It was okay." She said, getting her breath back.

 

Jinki raised his eyebrows. "This is the third day in a row that you've been out of breath coming here." He commented. "Is there something up?" He asked.

 

She shrugged. "Nothing that you can help with.." She let out a sigh.

 

Jinki stopped working to look at her seriously. "Yuri, I know that we barely know each other, but you can talk to me." He said, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

 

"It's just.. It's a little complicated.." She muttered.

 

"I have some time for my break if you'd like to talk comfortably about it then." He offered.


 

She only nodded and exited the store. Sitting on the bench there, she looked down at the sidewalk. But just like Jinki promised, he was out within twenty minutes. He didn't have his vest on, and he had two cups in his hand. The store had a little cafe inside, and so he brought a couple drinks for them.

 

He sat down beside her and handed her a cup. He knew that she liked soft chocolate. She took a sip before looking into his eyes. "I really enjoy being in your presence, Jinki." She said.

 

"I like hanging out with you too." Jinki smiled. "I know we mostly complain about my customers and your math tests, but it's something that brings us together." He continued.

 

She smiled and nodded, looking down. "It's just that.." She muttered.

 

"Just.."

 

"I'm not like me when I'm with you." She said.

 

He blinked a couple of times. "I might be too hopeful, but are you confessing right now?" He asked. "Like.. You want to date?" He asked.

 

"D-date?" She raised her eyebrows.

 

"Ahh.. I see." He chuckled and looked down.

 

She waved her hand. "I think that you're more than just a friend to me." She said. "It's just, lately, I haven't been able to do something I'm supposed to be able to do." She muttered.

 

Jinki crossed his leg. "And what's that?" He asked.

 

"You're not going to believe me, and you're going to call me weird.." She said, holding the cup tighter with both hands.

 

Jinki shook his head. "I've come across a lot of weird people in my day, and some of those weirdos are really good friends." He said. "I'm not going to leave you because you're different." He assured.

 

She moved some of her dark hair out of her face. "Well.. I'm a falcon." She said.

 

Jinki looked at her for a few seconds. "A.. falcon? Like the bird?" He asked.

 

"Mhm.." She said, taking another sip of the coffee.

 

"Well.. Coffee's not good for birds, you know." He said, pointing at the drink.

 

She giggled and shrugged. "I like it anyway." She said. "You don't believe me, do you?" She asked.

 

"Not really." Jinki chuckled. "But that's probably because you look so human right now." He said, cupping her cheek.

 

She blushed and looked away. "I would transform for you.. But the thing is, I've been having a hard time doing that." She said, looking at him once more.

 

Jinki hummed and stood up. "Let's go to a rooftop." He said. "I think falcons like to be high up, don't they?" He asked, looking around for tall buildings.

 

"I like the height, I must say." She confirmed, letting him walk her to a nearby building.

 

They went up the staircase and onto the roof without any trouble. She looked out at the street and all of the grass fields in the distance. The wind on her face was amazing. She closed her eyes and smiled at the breeze. Her heart started thumping as she imagined herself flying.  But the thing she imagined most was Jinki’s bright smile.

 

Jinki just watched as before his eyes, the girl was changing. He would admit, it was weird at first, but it wasn't a transformation that looked painful. It looked natural and quite beautiful. The bright light made him not be able to see the last steps of her transformation. However, he watched with amazed eyes when he saw the bird on the ledge of the roof.

 

"Woah," He looked at the sharp-beaked bird of prey, "you really are a falcon.." He muttered. "Do you know me?" He asked.

 

The bird, Yuri, flapped her wings and took flight. He watched her fly around the sky, causing people to look up at the big bird. She then circled back to him, grabbing him by the shoulders. His heart sank as he was being held by her claws over the open streets. People looked up at him and had scared expressions.

 

However, the bird stayed steady. She didn't do any crazy stunts as she flapped her wings every ten seconds. She glided through the air, going away from the townspeople. That's when Jinki started to relax. He watched the grass and flower fields followed by the rivers and mountains in the distance.

 

It was like something out of a fantasy book. He wasn't the one flying, but he felt the air going through his fingertips and each strand of his hair. It felt amazing. "Yuri.." He smiled, saying her name with wonder in his tone.

 

They slowly descended. He was put on his on the grass and she landed a little farther away. He watched her transform once more. Her brown feathers turned black to match her hair. She looked at him with a little smile. "Yuri, that was amazing." He said, walking up to her.

 

"That's what I've been struggling with." She said. "I hadn't been able to transform today.." She muttered.

 

"It seemed like you did it just fine." Jinki cupped her cheek.

 

Blush was evident on her cheeks. "I.. I think it was because you were so supportive.. I really needed that little boost." She said in a soft voice.

 

He leaned closer to put a soft kiss on her lips. "I'm always here to support you, Yuri." He whispered, putting an arm around her waist.

 

"You don't know how much that means to me." She said, closing the gap once more.

 

He moved his hand up and down her back in a massaging manner. The kiss lasted twenty seconds before Jinki slowly pulled back. "So.. Where are we?" He asked.

 

"Oh, my parents' house is over there." She pointed. "I figured that you know.. since you want to be my boyfriend and all, you should meet them." She blushed.

 

"I'd be honored, my falcon." He linked their arms.




 


 

I'm terrible at fantasy, I'm sorry that you waited so long for this.
It wasn't because I had a back week, because I've been pretty happy lately.
But I just didn't know what to write.  So I put some bird stuff in here XD
For what it is, I hope tha tyou enjoyed reading this.
As always, thank you for requesting~

<3