Home

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Violin


Pairing
(BTS) Jungkook x Herim (OC) 


Genres
Cute


Plot
Author's Choice

Author
SMTownR

 

 

 

    War was cruel. War brought destruction and despair. Jungkook had wanted to die many a times in the battlefield but he could not. Because even if he decided to end the despair for himself still he would leave his loved ones sad if he gave up. He had to fight and move forward no matter what.
 

Jungkook looked down at the locket which held the brown photograph of his beloved. She smiled radiantly back at him spreading warmth in his chest every time he looked upon it. He could not wait to get back home so he could look at the real thing, her real smile that shines brightly like the sun. The war was over and they had won the day. The only thing that kept him going was her.
 

"Herim, I'm finally coming home." The journey back home was long since they were taking the train. It was revealed that they would have to change trains midway but Jungkook did not mind because he had been patient for long and he was ready to be patient for few more days. Stopping by more places meant that he could buy souvenirs. He watched his good friend and fellow comrade Taehyung write letters to his beloved despite the fact that he was returning to her, Taehyung dismissed his claims by telling him that letters would become memory and he was ready to make memories till the very end.
 

Their first stop was by a village close to the sea. The village had been deeply affected by the war but they were now slowly starting to rebuild themselves. War had brought devastation to the nation but what Jungkook saw was not despair but the determination to rebuild themselves to become even stronger and better. Jungkook did not fight in the worst wars but he had his fair share of horror in the battlefield and witnessed reality firsthand but nevertheless he could not let himself succumb to despair for he had to survive for his loved ones, to the ones who were waiting for him back home.
 

He saw an old man singing, listening closely Jungkook realizes that the song sung of how the war had brought them down but no matter they would rise even if it will take them time. Touched as tears welled his eyes, he missed his people from home. He could not wait to go home and get engulfed by their tight hugs and warmth. For two years not going back home and fighting a war to make sure his family and loved ones lived in a free country he had forgotten the feeling of home.

 

To my dear Jungkook,
 

I know that life as a soldier is hard. I know you miss us and I miss you too. When the flowers bloom I always recall the times you bring me those flowers crowns. The withered flower crowns stay upon my shelves waiting for more to be replaced. Sometimes I wonder if we will ever be able to go watch the festival of lanterns together. I did not have the heart to visit the village during the festival because without you the festivities were colorless. I miss you so much. I can tell the very sentence over and over. Please come back home safe.

From your darling, Herim.

He reread one of the first few letters she had written to him during his first year. Then he moved on to the second, he loved reading the same letters over and over again. With the letter he learned how her handwriting had changed and how her emotions had changed. They had changed in a good way because he felt her longing and the strengthening of her love. He moved on to her last letter that was sent few weeks ago before the soldiers were discharged.

My love, Jungkook,

Your last letter reached me well. I'm glad to hear that the war is going in our favor. I know we will win and you will return back home safe. When you miss home close your eyes. Listen closely, you will be able to hear the sounds of the pots and pans of Mrs. Jeon. Then you can hear the complaints of Mr. Jeon on politics. Then you can hear the singing of your sister. Imagine me being besides you and massaging your shoulders as I recount you my day. No matter how far you are remember that we are with you. In every letters I keep on repeating on how much I miss you and I still do and when I miss you I go to our secret place and I watch the swans. I think they miss you too. Kook-ah, stay safe and return back to us safely. I love you.

Love, Herim.
 

Smiling from ear to ear he had immediately set out to write a reply that night. He believed he was patient but no he was not. He could not wait to have her in his arms. But, first dawn had to arrive for their next train to start. Jungkook had bought a wooden sculpture of two lovebirds. As soon as his eyes set upon it he knew that Herim would love it. Staring at the sculpture on his palm he looked outside as the sun started to rise. The view looked absolutely breathtaking. "Are you watching the sunrise, Herim-ah?" He whispered as he felt his heart race against his chest. She'll be waiting for him at the station. He will swoop her off her feet and encircle her in a tight hug as he swirled her around.



The journey was longer than he had expected but it was worth it because he had finally arrived home. The sun was setting down the horizon indicating that it had taken almost half a day for him to arrive. The platform was packed with many people who were awaiting their sons. Taehyung had waved him goodbye as soon as the screeching sound of the train came to a halt. Jungkook put on his backpack and held to the straps tight. Two years was long enough for many changes to happen, heck, he even grew taller than before. Herim too could have changed a lot. He feared that he would not be able to recognize her.
 

Nervousness and excitement crept into him as he hopped off the train and looked around. His eyes searched for the familiar faces of his family and Herim. He felt a pat from a fellow comrade mentioning his goodbyes and see you later. He could not listen to any of them now for he had an even greater mission to accomplish, that being finding his family.
 

"-kook! Jungkook! Jungkook! Here!" He heard his name being called out and searching the source frantically he saw her. Her familiar face disappeared up and down the crowd but her hands were high up waving frantically. He smiled, she was still short. Taking careful steps towards them he felt unexplainable emotions take over him. Dropping his bag into the floor he engulfed everyone into a tight hug. Herim had removed herself and let him enjoy the warmth of his family. Tears descended down everyone's cheeks as they exchanged greetings of happiness.
 

Finally pushing himself from them he turned to look at Herim who was beaming at them happily with her own tears staining her cheeks. "Jungkook-ah!" She yelled his name and then launched herself onto him letting her legs wrap around his waist and hands over his neck. Jungkook caught her safely and hugged her right earning chuckles from his family members. "Jungkook-ah!" She yelled his name again as she buried her face into his neck inhaling his familiar scent.
 

"Herim-ah, when did you get so heavy?" He felt a slap on his back and they simply laughed it off. He was home and she was in his arms. 
 

"Now, we should get married." She whispered earning a laugh from him. Hell yes, he was going to marry her no matter what. He had waited long enough for this moment.


The war had robbed everyone of something but Jungkook made sure that the war did not rob anything from him. He had seen many people breakdown and lose themselves but he kept himself together and returned back home just as he promised. It's been 15 years since he last fought in the war. The nation had not seen violence for the last fifteen years and he preferred it that way. Looking at his wife and 10 year old son running along the shore of the village that he had once visited he felt content. The village had rebuilt itself and was now a tourist destination. Things had changed and so did his life. He was happy with the outcome of his life and would never trade it off for anything in the world.
 

"Dad! Come fast! Look what I found!" His son and his wife beckoned him to hurry up as he saw his son raise a seashell up so high.



 

Hey, sorry for taking long. I guess this oneshot is quite heavy with angst. I'm sorry for choosing a war based setting haha cuz these days I've been thinking about war setting stories alot hence the outcome. I could not think of any other. Anyways, I hope this was satisfactory enough and I tried to make it as cute as possible.