Denial

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Honghwa007


Pairing
(Ateez) Hongjoong


Genres
Angst, Sad

Plot

Everything in Hongjoong's life went from happiness to sadness in an instant.  He tries to be strong, but at the end, the other Ateez members are the ones whohelphim see the light at the end.

Author
Charlot1081



 

 

   Hongjoong awoke with a smile on his face.  He felt his little puppy's fur on his nose.  He opened his eyes and looked at the little puppy.  He recently got  the little girl and they have been nothing but close.  She is a rescue that was saved from a burning building.  When he met the girl, he was so in love.  It's been almost six months since he adopted her.  He smiled and felt her hair, her back.

 

"Sleepy girl.."  He muttered, scratching behind her ear.

 

He frowned.  Normally scratching her ear annoys her awake.  He sat up properly and fully examined her.  "Agi-yah?"  He picked her up, seeing her limp body.  "Hey.. Hey, Agi, wake up." He furrowed his eyebrows. 

 

The puppy had her eyes closed and shut.  He put her back to his ear, hearing nothing.  He felt her nose.  It wasn't even wet.  "What.. I.."  He looked all over her.  He hadn't rolled onto her, starved her, or even made her upset last night. 

 

"Hey,"  The door opened, "is everything okay?"  Seonghwa asked.

 

Hongjoong had a tear going down his cheek as he looked up from the puppy.  Seonghwa's expression dropped when he saw her.  "Hongjoong.."  He whispered.

 

"My baby,"  Hongjoong held the puppy close to his chest, "I love you so much.."  His body trembled.

 

Seonghwa looked down before leaving the room.  Hongjoong sniffled and stood up with her.  "I don't know what happened, but you won't suffer ever again."  He whispered, putting her on the little fuzzy blanket she loved to sleep on. He wrapped her up and walked out with her.

 

The other members looked at Hongjoong, having sympathetic eyes.  Hongjoong wiped his eyes.  "It's okay,"  He started, "passing on is part of life.  There's nothing we can do but try our best." He said.  "Get ready for the recording."  He said before leaving the room.

 

Hongjoong went to the center where he adopted the puppy.  They helped him arrange a burial.  He watched her go back to the earth.  "l'll always love you."  He said, looking at a picture of the puppy on his phone as his manager drives him back to the studio.


 

He walked into the booth and looked at the lyrics.  His eyes traveled to two members who had been there for about ten minutes.  Yeosang and Jongho had sad eyes.  "Hyung,"  Yeosang started, "maybe we can record tomorrow instead." He suggested.

 

Hongjoong shook his head.  "And make Atiny wait?  No." He prepared the sound equipment.  "Sometimes you have to be strong and not let things get to you."  He stated, putting a copy of the lyric sheet in the recording room.

 

Jongho stood up.  "If that's what you want."  He said, motioning Yeosang to stay put.

 

Yeosang watched the mankae go into the recording room.  Hongjoong listened to the boy's singing, closing his eyes as he listens to every tone.  He stopped the recording and nodded.  "Good."  He said.  "Are you good with it?"  He asked, looking at the maknae through the glass.

 

"Mhm,"  Jongho answered, "can I add some background vocals?"  He asked.

 

"I was hoping San could do it for the first chorus and you the second,"  Hongjoong answered, "And Mingi can do the last chorus."  He continued.

 

Jongho nodded and put the headphones back on.  "We're starting," Hongjoong said.

 

After Jongho was finished, Yeosang stood up.  On the way to the room, he slipped on the slippery floor.  "Ow,"  Yeosang held the floor.

 

Hongjoong stood up abruptly.  "Are you okay?"  He asked.

 

"Ack.."  Yeosang closed his eyes.  "My hip." 

 

Jongho helped the boy stand.  He moved Yeosang's pants a bit and noticed the bruise already starting.  "Yowch,"  He grimaced, "are you still okay to sing?"  He asked.

 

Yeosang nodded.  "Just give me a minute."  He held the counter.

 

Hongjoong sighed and texted the manager.  "He said to not dance today."  Hongjoong informed.  "Be careful, and rest."  He said.  "It's never good to stress your body out.

 

Yeosang finished the recording, but he had a pained expression the whole time.  He had to stop many times too, making the recording session last longer.  Hongjoong wanted to finish the bulk of the recording today.  But with going out in the morning and not getting back by the afternoon already cut off a lot of the day.  And then with Yeosang's accident, it was already evening by the time Yunho was finished with his recording.

 

There was still Seonghwa, Mingi, and his recordings to do.  Seonghwa's voice is very particular, yet it's so diverse.  Hongjoong wanted the whole day to figure out how he wanted Seonghwa to sing his lines.  But now he only has a few hours to decide on everything.

 

"I don't want to stress you guys out, so we'll stretch the finish date two more days."  Hongjoong said.  "Just focus on the choreos while we're not recording."  He continued.  "Yeosang, are you okay to dance today?"  He asked.

 

Yeosang hummed.  "I feel better today,"  He answered, "but I think Mingi's back is starting to hurt."  He pointed.

 

Mingi shrugged it off.  "It is, so that's why I'm taking a break."  He said.  "We still need to record the music video and teaser clips."  He mentioned.

 

Hongjoong blinked a few times. "Oh yeah.. Dang, we're falling behind."  He pushed his hair out of his face.

 

"Hyung, the album doesn't come out for another few months."  San mentioned.  "You're doing fine.  You should take a break."  He insisted.

 

Hongjoong shook his head.  "We're behind because of me."  He said.  "I'm getting everything done on time for you guys and Atiny."  He said with determination.


 

Yunho noticed that Hongjoong was slowing down.  Ever since the day Agi passed, Hongjoong hasn't been the same.  He's been pushing himself past his limits.  He's been staying up late and waking up early; he barely drinks enough water; he practices his lines and his dance all day.

 

"Hyung,"  Jongho held Hongjoong's hand, "do you have a minute?"  He asked.

 

Hongjoong tilted his head.  "I need to get this sketch out by noon."  He said, showing a folder.

 

"What's it for?"  San asked.

 

"Its for our next part."  Hongjoong answered.  "You know we do two comebacks in advance."  He continued.

 

Seonghwa held Hongjoong's shoulders and guided him to sit down.  "Take five minutes to listen to us."  He requested.

 

Hongjoong stayed silent, watching the other seven sit with him.  "Hyung, it's been a month."  Yeosang said.  "You have dark circles, you're slow with the choreos, you're not rapping with the same passion as usual." He listed.

 

Hongjoong sighed.  "I know, I'm sorry."  He apologized.  "I'm making the team fall behind.  You guys don't need to worry about all of that though, you need to make sure you relax and you stay healthy."  He advised.

 

Yunho sat back.  "You need to follow your advice."  He started.  "We're not telling all of this to you because we're pushing you for a comeback.  We're telling you because you need to stop and relax.

 

"The comeback will happen."  He continued.  "But it won't happen if you keep pushing yourself like this.  We're here for you."  He gave a sad smile.

 

Mingi hummed.  "You supported me so much through my hiatus, I'll go any length to make sure you're feeling better too." He smiled.  "We're a team, remember?"  He reminded.

 

Hongjoong had a sad smile and looked down.  "It's my job to take care of you guys and give you a comeback."  he said.  "Not the other way around."

 

Yeosang huffed.  "Hyung!  I don't care how ancent you are, you still need to be taken care of."  He teased.  "Take a week off of work and just cry.

 

"You're allowed to do it."  He continued with a big smile.  "Let it all out.  That's the only way you can relax and get better."  He put a thumb up.

 

Seonghwa nodded and looked the leader's way.  "I'll take care of them."  He assured.  "Eight makes one team, that's what you always say.  If we lose you, we're not complete."  He put his arm around the other.

 

Hongjoong sniffled.  "Thanks, guys.."  He looked at the others.  "I really need you all.."  He said.

 

Mingi chuckled.  "And we need you."  He said.  "Get some sleep."



 

Hoongjoong leaned on Seonghwa, closing his eyes.  He passed out almost right away.  A little smile was on his lips and a tear escaped his eye.  

 

 

And here it is, Hongjoong had been pushing himself to make himself forget about all of the negatives.
Howevre, the other members were ready to help him get back on his feet.
I really needed this request XD
Thank you so much for requesting, and Ihope you enjoyed reading.
<3

^^