Who are You?

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Distinctra


Pairing
Lee Jieun x Park Seo Joon


Genres

Romance, Thriller, Mystery or Sci-fi
Happy ending


Plot
Author's Choice



Author
Charlot1081


 



    Jieun's eyes flutter open.  She saw her pony-print blanket with the little of light coming in from her bedroom window.  She yawned and sat up before looking at her matching pony clock.  The light blue numbers read 4:45am.  She pouted her lip as she peeled the blanket off, stepping down on the light blue carpet.  She rubs her eyes and walks her way through the dark room to her bathroom.

She turns the light on and does what she needs to do.  She walked back to her bed and noticed the window was open.  She looked at the window with confused eyes, knowing that it was closed when she got up.  She looked around the dark room before walking up to the window. 

Her confusion vanished when she sees a firefly buzzing its light around the window.  "Wow.."  Her voice was small.

She instantly felt a wave of tiredness pass by her.  She saw someone in the distance who gave her a smile.  She smiled back with a small wave.  "Thank you for showing me this.."  She whispered before walking back to her bed.

She lay down and tucked herself in. 


***

"Jieun!"  The girl heard her mother call.

She slowly sat up and noticed the window is closed.  She smiled as she remembered her dream last night.  It was so beautiful..  She instantly ran to her sketchbook.  She turned the pages of her drawings and picked up her pencil.  She started drawing the small bug and colored the abdomen a bright yellow.  A small break of sleep with a big discovery..  She wrote along side the firefly.

She then put the date and smiled at her work.  "Jieun."  She raised her head to see her mother giving her a smile.

"Mom, I saw a firefly last night!"  She jumped up excitedly. 

She smiled and took her by the hand.  "That's great.  Let's get some breakfast."  She said, guiding her out of the room.

Jieun looked at her room once more to see the man from her dream.  He has a small smile and waved at her.  Her big eyes looked at the man in confusion.  The man would always appear in her dream, offering her a small experience.  Last night's experience was to see the beautiful firefly calling out to its love in the night.

The man hasn't ever done a thing to harm her, but she's confused as of why she sees him.  However, like the six year-old she is, she's easily distracted by the sugary cereal at the table.



And as years pass by, Jieun has watched the man.  He never ages older nor does he ever give her a negative look.  When she started growing older, Jieun as noticed that the man stopped watching through her windows, but still visited her in her dreams.  Rather than him watching her all day, the man would only be around when one of her parents were around.

For this, Jieun is most happy for.  Who is he though?  She raised her eyebrows as she spinned her pencil.  She sighed and looked down at her last exam.  She sighed as she looked down at the empty space on the answer block.  She has five minutes left and she has one more answer to give the paper.

She looked out of the window instead of spinning her pencil as she noticed some of the other students became annoyed with the movements in there peripheral vision.  She saw the man.  This time, instead of a suit, the man is wearing the high school uniform.  She put her pencil down and glared at him.

People walked by him without word and he was just looking up at her from the sidewalk a floor below.  He raised his thumb, making her unknowingly smile.  She turned back to the exam and reread the question.  Of course!  She realized the answer.  She wrote in the answer just in time.

"Pencils down."  The teacher called from the chalkboard.  "Pass your tests to the front." 


She took the test from the student behind her and gathered her papers to give to the student ahead of her.  She then looked out of the window again, seeing that the man moved to a bench that is under a tree.  He's handsome in a uniform..  She rested her chin on her palm, looking down at him.

But who is he..?  The question keeps coming back to her, forcing her to stop smiling at the man no one else can see.  She asked who he is through her eyes, and the man seemed to notice.  His smile went down a bit as his eyes trail somewhere else.  "He moved!"  She stood up with her palms on her desk.


The other students including the teacher look at her with shock.  "Jieun?  You're not supposed to give away answers."  The teacher scolded.

"Ohh.. that was the answer to the last question.."  Another student mumbled.


Jieun sat down with her head low.  "I'm sorry, Mrs. Lee.."  She apologized.

The teacher sighed.  "The exam is over anyway.. you all know which question you might have gotten wrong."  She picked up the pile of exams.  "To those who are graduating this year, thank you for a lovely year.  For those who I'll see again, see you after summer break."  The old woman smirked.


The president called for the students to stand and bow as the teacher left the classroom.  Upon exiting, Jieun sighed and walked to her locker.  She pulled out her things and examined the empty locker.  This past week was full of moving out.  So glad this is over.  She smiled with raised eyebrows as she closed her locker for the last time

She put her key in the bin with the other students' keys and walked out of the school  She sees the man across the way with a proud smile and a graduation cap on his head.  She laughed when the cap flew in the wind and he went after it to chase it.

Unknown to him, she walked closer to him, when he finally turned around, he gave a shocked expression.  Only yards away, they look into each others eyes. 

"Jieun,"  She heard her mother call, "Dear, it's time to go home." 

Jieun looked at the man one last time with confused eyes.  I was so close..  She pursed her lips as she made it to her mother's car.


"How was your last day of school, Sweety?"  Mrs. Lee asked, looking at her through the rear view mirror.

"Glad it's over,"  She said with a small chuckle, making her mother laugh, "I want to do something other than study.."  She muttered as she looked out of the window.


Her mother hummed and put her turn signal on.  "Only a little more studying to go, art school has its share of text books, Dear."  Her mother stated.

"I know,"  Jieun sat up straight, "but it's something that's actually interesting to me."  She said with her ankles crossed. 

Her mother smiled and nodded. "I'm proud of you, Jieun.  Keep smiling."  She said.  "Your father would be proud of you too.." 


Jieun raised one eyebrow, maintaining her smile.  "You think so?" 

"I know so."  Her mother replied.




A few days pass by, and a guide walked her around the college campus for where she's pursuing her art degree.  She stops when she sees the man in a soft gray sweatervest and jeans.  His hair covers his eyebrows and his full lips form a smile. 

"Oh, he caught your attention?"  The guide asked with a small chuckle.

Jieun instantly turned to the guide.  "Who?" 

"That man over there,"  He pointed, "he's a new student too.  I introduced him to his classes earlier today." 


Jieun looked back at the man who seemed ot be focusing on a large oak tree.  "Can I talk to him for a little bit?"  She asked the guide.

"Of course, the tour is finished.  Let me know if there's any trouble."  He insisted as he handed her the key to her new dorm room.


She bowed and watched the guide walk off.  She then looked over at the man.  Who are you..?  She asked for the nth time.  He noticed her and smiled down at her.

"Ex..cuse me.."  She said in a small voice.  "A-are you a new student too?"  She asked, easily getting intimidated by the height difference.  She never noticed him to be this tall.


"Yes, I'm new here."  He confirmed.  "I'm Park SeoJoon, he stretched his arm out." 

She shook his hand slowly.  "You.."


He nodded and looked down at the grass.  "It's nice to finally meet you, Jieun."  He put his hands together below his waist. 


She pursed her lips with confusion.  "It sounds.. weird.. but have you ever heard of the legend of guardian angels?"  He asked with his usual, small smile.

"Guardian angel?"  She asked, maintaining her confused expression.

"It's said that everyone has a guardian angel and is destined to be either really good friends or an eligible bachelor or bachelorette with the person they're protecting."  He started the explanation.  "Ever since I was a boy, I saw you."


Jieun opened her eyes widely.  "Ever since I was a girl I saw you."  She pointed.

"And destiny has it set that when you reach a certain age that you'll either meet your guardian angel or forget all about them."  He continued while nervously picking at his nails. 

She looked down at the grass.  "Who told you about this legend?"  She asked with a small voice.

"No one,"  He admitted, "I had to figure out who you were.  An adult woman appearing in my dreams and making sure I smile all day is something I wanted to investigate in."  He chuckled.


Her smile appeared a bit.  "So you researched it?"  She pieced it together.  "You don't want to hurt me, right?"  She asked with hope.

"Of course not."  He replied.  "I would like to get to know you other than your comforting smile, if you'll let me." 


Jieun's eyes look around him with shock.  "As-as a friend?"  She asked.

"I would be content with just knowing you as a friend, if that's how it will be.  I'm willing to work at your pace."  He said with a bow.


Although this concept is very new and confusing for her, she couldn't help but feel some warmth in the boy's words.  Even if they don't become lovers, a friend is what she needs.  Someone to laugh and play with.  Someone that has understood her for all of her life.  And someone that she can trust. 

"I accept,"  She put her hand out and he gently took it, "thank you for telling me who you are."


"It's been our life-long question, huh?"  He said with a laugh. 



She nodded. She mentally crossed off the one thing at the top of her bucket list.  Who are you?



 


I know it's a bit cringy and cliché, but I got total watching vibes from the video.
And you didn't include angst with the mystery, so I went with the more innocent-watching approach.
I hope it was a little interesting.
Thank you for requesting!

<3