I'm Here Too

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Ann1914


Pairing
(Seventeen) Joshua x Hanna (OC)


Genres

Romance, cute, comedy



Plot


Author
Charlot1081


 



    Hanna looked at her watch and sighed as she had been sitting in her favorite study room in the school.  Turning the page of her text book, she feels her phone vibrate.  She put her pencil at the crease of the book and took her phone out.  She pulled up the texting screen and saw that her friend wrote her.  This friend is really the boy she's had a crush on for the two years she's been in college.

Excitement filled her nerves as she pressed on the message.  It's the day before Valentine's Day and all of her female friends have gotten asked out for a date.  She was included, as this male friend had asked if she would like to go out for some smoothies for Valentine's Day.

Vernon (3:45pm)
Hey, Hanna.  I know I said
that we should go out tomorrow,
but my girlfriend insisted that
I shouldn't go out with
another girl on Valentine's Day.
People might get the wrong
idea.  I'm sorry that I can't
go out with you, but maybe we
can catch some smoothies
next week.  See you :)



"Girl..friend..?"  Hanna raised her eyebrows.  "So he was just humoring me because I hadn't been asked out yet."  She shook her head.  "Nonetheless, he's still sweet.."


She pressed on her keyboard and sent a message back.

Hanna (3:50pm)
That's alright.  Thank you for
offering anyway, it was
really nice of you ^^  I hope
you two can have a good
day together. 


Vernon (3:52pm)
She's in South Korea right
now, but she'll be visiting
next month for spring
break.  We'll catch up
then.  Maybe you can
come too. :D


Hanna (3:55pm)
That's sweet of you. :)
Have a good weekend.


Vernon (3:58pm)
You too!


Hanna put her phone down with a sigh.  "Now what..?"  She spinned her pencil around until she accidentally dropped it on the floor.  She stood up and walked to where it flung.


"Hey,"  She heard a man's voice, "can I study in here?"  He asked cautiously.

Hanna turned around to see her other male friend.  "Sure, Josh."  She permitted before sitting back down.


He sat across from her and put his book on the table.  He happened to see the text screen that is still up on Hanna's phone.  "Vernon can't see you tomorrow, huh?"  Joshua asked as he opened his book.


Hanna hummed and put her phone in her pocket once more.  "I didn't know he had a girlfriend already."  She nonchalantly scratched behind her ear.

Joshua pursed his lips as he looked at her.  She put on a fake smile and he could tell for miles.  He folded his arms on the table and pressed his lips into a line as he leaned closer to her.  "Well you can't change that,"  He stated, "how about we go out together?  My sister says she wants to spend her day with her friends, so I'm stuck alone."  He chuckled.


She looked at him with disbelief.  "No.. I don't think I should.."  She stood up.  "Sorry, Josh, I should go.."  She picked her books up.


Joshua watched her gather her things and make it out of the study room without a single word.  He let out his breath as a sigh as he tapped on the table.  "Was I too indirect with asking her out..?"  He asked himself.

He stood up and walked out of the room as well.  He got out of the building and walked across the way to a small cafe where he sees Vernon sitting at.  The other male looks up at him and wipes his lips from the crumbs of his muffin.


"Hanna was a bit upset that you canceled the date.."  Joshua said as he said down without permission.

Vernon sighed.  "I know, but.. Why don't you two go out?  I know how big of a crush you have on her."  He teased with a wink.


Joshua laughed and looked at the table as he sat back in his chair.  "You don't think I didn't try already?"  He raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

"How did you ask?"  Vernon asked before sipping on his beverage.

"Well.. I suggested us to go out because I wasn't doing anything."  Joshua replied while casually scratching his neck.


Vernon chuckled and shook his head.  "I get that you're trying to be nonchalant, but that won't work."  Vernon commented.  "That made you sound like you just wanted to occupy your time."

Joshua pouted his lips for a moment before he sighed.  "That's true..  What should I do?"


Vernon hummed while looking around the cafe.  "Why don't you surprise her?  Show up at her last class tomorrow and don't take no as an aswer.  You know she's not doing anything tomorrow."  Vernon suggested.  "Take her for a walk, visit the markets, and just have fun with her."


Joshua nodded.  "That's a good idea."  He snapped his fingers.  "I know how crazy she is about the markets at the park.  They'll be open tomorrow."

"Now you're getting it.  Make her feel happy at least, even if she doesn't return your feelings."  The other male said before finishing his drink.  "I gotta go, Seungcheol is hounding me to get done our group project."  He laughed.


Joshua got up with him.  "Right, good luck." 

"You too."


***

Hanna walked out of her last class for the day.  What surprised her was that a male was waiting right outside the classroom and took her by the hand even before she got out.  She almost screamed but recognized the light brown locks to be one of her friends that she will most likely murder here soon.

They step outside and that's when Hanna starts resisting in her steps until Joshua stops walking.  He turns back at her with a smile.  "Hey there, Hanna."  He greeted finally.

"Josh, what are you doing?"  She asked, trying to get her hand back.

"You're doing nothing, I'm not doing anything, so let's just hang out?"  He offered.


She rolled her eyes.  "I said no."  She repeated her rejection from yesterday.

"Ayy-"


"Vernon played my feelings,"  She said seriously, "he never told me he had a girlfriend and he's been really flirty lately." 


Joshua pursed his lips as he silenced himself.  "I don't need this right now.."  She said with a small voice.


Joshua noticed she was finished talking.  He let her hand go only to cup her cheek.  She looked up at him and his lips pop back out.  "Don't forget about me."  He whispered.  "I'm here too."  He gently took her hand back and began walking them slowly.

Hanna let the other walk her as she had confusion gowing throughout her mind.  "Where.. where are we going?"  She finally asked after a few minutes of slowly walking by his side.


Joshua looked up at the clouds.  "It's early, so why don't we go get something to drink?"  He suggested as he looked at the cafe they coincidentally happen to be passing by.

She smirked a bit and nodded.  "Sure, lead the way."  She permitted.


Joshua walked inside and the worker there put their cups down.  Hanna watched in amazement as Joshua simply handed the worker the money before picking the drinks up.  So he wasn't going to take no as an answer..  She inwardly continued her smirk but kept an unfazed look outside. 

She stirs the froth as they sit down across from each other.  "How did class go today?"  He asked as he played with the little chocolate balls in his drink.

"So-so, I can't say anything spectacular happened."  Hanna said after swallowing a sip of her drink.  "Oh, Gloria spoke back to one of the teachers today."  She snapped her fiingers.


Joshua raised an eyebrow.  "When does she not?"  He laughed.  "Did she get in trouble?" 


"Not really, the teacher really loves her sassy attitude.  It is drama class, so why not?"  She laughed before gulping down a good amount of her toasty beverage.


Joshua smiled while she told some more classroom stories.  Most of them consisted of her being spectator, but nonetheless she had fun telling them.  "How were your classes?"  She suddenly asked.

"Hm,"  He thought back, "I rather not talk about them."  He gave a small smile.

"Is everything okay?"  She asked as she let go of her straw.


Joshua looked around and shrugged.  "The first class.. I accidentally drew the drink I'm drinking right now on the test."  He laughed.  "The others.. they're just a bit tough right now."  He said as he pressed his lips into a thin line.


Hanna nodded and put her hands together around the cup.  "I'm sorry to hear that.. but it's only the beginning of the semester.   Things will even out."  She said.

He smiled and nodded.  "Thanks.  I'll have to ask Seungcheol his study methods on this one subject."  He scratched his neck.


"You and Vernon come to this cafe a lot, right?  Has he ever brought his girlfriend here?"  She suddenly asked.


Joshua inwardly sighed.  "No."  He replied.  Plan one failed.  She's still thinking about him..


When they were finished at the cafe, Joshua didn't hesitate to hold her hand while walking her the opposite direction of her home.  "Josh-"

"Shh, the day is still young."  He said as he her hair.


Joshua then walked her slowly down the street.  Hanna looked at her watch to see that it turned four o'clock.  Her eyes shifted from her watch to the laughs and other noises she heard.  She looked around and saw that they entered a market with stalls on either side of them.


"What is this?"  She asked with confusion.

"Because it's Valentine's Day, some of the citizens around decided to have an open market."  He said as they start walking casually.  "You just look around and we can play games or buy stuff."  He said as he held her hand softer.


She pursed her lips and looked around.  One thing that caught her attention was a game that you toss a ball and knock over cups.  "That one."  She pointed.


Joshua inwardly sighed as he could tell that she wanted to relieve stress from Vernon.  I didn't think I would get jealous this easily..  He thought as he walked her over to the stall.  He took his wallet out and paid the small fee for both of them.  She knocked the cups over perfectly while he missed a couple.

"And a stuffed panda for the lady~"  The man said, taking the panda from the top of the stall down. 

"And me?"  Joshua asked with a smile.


The man laughed and picked up a small frog.  "Here you go."  He handed it to Joshua.


Joshua gave a blank look but bowed nonetheless.  Hanna looked around and noticed a cotton candy stand.  She took his hand and walked that way.  He was surprised but let her lead as they walked up to the big bowl.  The worker there scooped up the cotton candy from the machine and gave it to a little girl.  It was then their turn.

"Blue please."  She requested.


He watched the worker there do the magic again before giving Hanna the stick of cotton candy.  Joshua then paid the repsected amount as Hanna peels off a small bit.  "So tasty~  Here."  She gave a piece to him.

He hummed.  "That's pretty good.  Where to next?"  He asked as they hold hands again.


Hanna was excited, she went to many more stands and Joshua couldn't help but become warm over her smiles.  However, each thing always reminded her of something about Vernon.  The market was fun, but not a total success..  He sighed as the evening was ending.


"Well.. it's getting late, Josh."  She mumbled.


Joshua had a determined mind.  "There's one last thing."  He put up his index finger.  "Today is not over."  He held her shoulders and walked her father from the market, now entering the park.


She walked with him and stopped automatically when she heard a loud noise.  Sparkles then filled the sky.  "Fireworks?"  She smiled and saw pretty designs.


He smiled while watching her excitingly squeal and clap.  "Look!"  She pointed at a rose design. 


He cautiously brought her closer by holding her shoulder.  She leaned into the hold and watched the fireworks display their colors and patterns. 


The show ended and Hanna looked up at Joshua with a tired smile.  "Thank you, Josh."  She said as they started walking toward her house. 

"I'm glad we could spend the day together,"  He started, "I'm sorry that you couldn't have been with Vernon instead.."  He muttered. 


She stopped their walking and looked up at him.  "You know?  I think it was better this way."  She commented, getting an interested look from Joshua.  "I really liked today.  We did so much more than I thought we were going to.  I really had a great time."  She held his hands gently.


He smiled and came closer to her.  "Maybe we can have more times like this in the future?"  He said softly as he cupped her cheek.

"I'd like that,"  She said in a whisper.


Joshua leaned down and put their lips together briefly.  The kiss was small and soft, making Hanna blush.  "Happy Valentine's Day, Hanna."  He whispered as he put his arms around Hanna's waste.


She closed her eyes as his warmth spread over them in the cool, February night.  "Happy Valentine's Day, Joshua."  She returned .





 


And here's a short, cute Valentine's Day story~
I hope it was it interesting!
Thank you so much for requesting <3