A New Sparkle

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Distinctra


Pairing
Lee Jieun x Kim Jongin


Genres
Romance, Cute, Fluff



Plot
Jieun has enrolled into a royal ballet school out of her love for ballet where she encounters a familiar person, kim jongin.


Author
Charlot1081


 



    Lee Jieun was six years old when she learned what ballet was.  She saw many nobles dancing around, holding hands and twirling together; finding that one balance that only their partner or group could have.  Magical sparkles always flew around the dancers when they were at their peak, giving the king and queen a grand display of lights.  Jieun was a peasant girl, but that didn't stop her from wanting to do what they did.

 

She spinned around in her little, wool slippers, jumping higher and higher with each year.  Her legs became longer, giving her more room to do intricate spins and banters.  She danced for her family and her friends, giving them little sparkle shows from her happiness.  It wasn't anything grand like how the dancers in the palace could do, but it gave excitement to her grandmother, the most important person in her life.

 

She took care of Jieun since the girl was a baby.  Jieun never knew her parents, but heard wonderful stories about them that makes her happy and joyous; it was clearly seen through her dancing.  However, she wasn't only a dancer.  Dancing was just something she did occasionally as she needed to tend to her family's farm.  After a guard had taken her best friend, Kim Jongin, away, she has been taking care of the land with her uncle and grandfather.

 

She helped with the chickens mostly.  Today, Jieun dressed in her pants and trench boots, readying herself for a full day of helping her uncle with rice.  However, she was greeted by her grandmother and a man in a suit.

 

"Grandma?"  She muttered, looking from her to the man.

 

"My dear,"  Her grandmother started, "you are of the age that you need to find something with your talent.  You are an adult woman, Jieun."  She said softly, having her hands clasped together at her waist.

 

Jieun gave a confused look to the woman.  Of course she knew she passed her eighteenth birthday last month.  What does that have to do with tending to chickens or moving the rice from environment to environment?  "What is it, Grandma?"  She asked.

 

"Dear, I know that you have had ballet on your mind since you can remember."  The elderly woman said.  "I have asked the palace to teach you since you are so thrilled with it."  She continued.

 

Jieun's eyes go wide.  "The p-palace?" She asked, looking at the guard beside the old woman.  "Grandma, we're only peasants, commoners!  You walked up to the gate like that?"  She lowered her tone closer to the end, looking down at the woman with worry in her eyes.

 

"You mustn't forget where nobles come from."  The woman said.  "It took a group of peasants to become wealthy, did it not?"  She asked, putting a hand on the young girl's shoulder.

 

"Yes.."  Jieun agreed

 

The grandmother nodded with a smile.  "Please go with Mr. Byun, Dear.  He's to take you to your new home."  She said.

 

"B-but-"

 

"We'll be in contact, don't you worry."  The grandmother knew Jieun's thoughts.

 

Jieun smiled softly when she saw the reassurance in her eyes.  She leaned down and hugged the woman, kissing her cheek.  "Thank you, Grandma.  I'll do my very best, I promise."  She said.

 

The older patted Jieun's back.  "I know you will."


 

***

 

Jieun arrives at the palace.  She sees so many people dressed in expensive clothes and sipping on fresh, clean water.  Not that the city didn't have any of these things, but seeing so many kids around without a chore on their mind was something else.  She walked with the guard until they got into the building that said ballet on the sign above.  She saw bright smiles from girls and boys as they twirled around on their toes.

 

Only seconds pass by before she sees the sparkle fill the air.  It definitely wasn't as grand as the New Year's performance, or any other special celebration, but it was so beautiful to see in person. 

 

She felt a hand on her shoulder.  When she looked up, she saw a slightly familiar face.  "Jongin?"  She tested, getting that famous smile he would send her way whenever they played together.

 

"Jieun, it's been awhile, hasn't it?"  He asked, looking her up and down.  "You've grown up to be a beautiful woman."  He complimented.

 

Her cheeks started burning from Jongin's charming smile.  She inwardly flicked her forehead, however.  He's a childhood friend!!  She tried telling herself.  "Quite a bit, yes.  And you're a handsome man."  She returned, shouting at herself inwardly.

 

"When grandma came over, I knew I couldn't let the guards walk her away."  Jongin admitted.  "I might have begged for the palace to accept you."  He said with a childish smile.

 

She could practically see his younger self jumping around and playing with her.  "Thank you, it really means a lot."  She bowed.

 

"None of that formal stuff, we're still friends."  He said.  "Let me introduce you to our new choreography."  He put his arm around her shoulders and walked her further into the building.

 

The dancers who were practicing when she came in had taken a break, leaving the whole floor to them.  Of course she was nervous already.  Having eyes on her plus Jongin behind her moving her arms the way he wants them too didn't help.  "You want your arms stretched out fully."  His soft voice went against her ear, holding her wrists apart from each other.  "Then you want to have your knees matching your elbows."  He instructed.

 

She put her feet farther apart, lining them up at the angle.  "Then put your arms inward,"  He moved her arms to make her chopping hands poke her chest, "go on one foot, having your dominant foot on the ground.  Then put your other foot on your dominant knee."  He said.

 

She followed his instructions.  "Do it again, but spin."  He said.

 

Jieun put her arms and legs out before pulling them in with a spin.  She could have sworn she saw a neon green particle come from her elbow.

 

"Oh?  Your magic is green."  He commented.  "Green represents new beginnings and growth, and you'll definitely have those things while being here."  Jongin smiled.

 

Jieun couldn't stop the smile that was spreading across her entire face.  Even with just the simple, three-step dance he taught her, she kept spinning.  With each turn, sparkles came flying from her body.  She heard cheers from the other dancers.  They came by to her, taking her hand and showing her other spin techniques.

 

Jongin watched as the green mixed with yellow, making a flower pattern.  He joined in, his brown-colored magic, making the flower turn into a sunflower.


Jieun definitely felt the magic course in her body, but him holding her close to his chest, giving her a small kiss, was enough for it all to ignite.  The room burst with color, just like her heart burst with love.

“Let’s dance, Jieun.”  Jongin said softly.


 


 

I know that this was relatively short, but my heart said sparkles~
Ballet is already beautiful, why not add some magic to it?
I hope you enjoyed it, and Jongin made you smile.
Thank you for requesting~

<3