Late Dinner

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Lilithri

Pairing
(Ateez) San x Jongho

Genres
Fluff

Plot

San and Jongho promised to the kids to spend the day with them but at the last minute they had to go to work. When they got home the are really surprised that instead of being angry the kids cooked dinner for them (with grandma's help of course). After dinner they cuddle together.

Author
Charlot1081

 

 

 

 

    Yeosang put his finger on his lips in silence.  He was playing the role in Say My Name, and Wooyoung and San had to ruin it.  They sang in Mingi's voice and did a crazy dance.  Seonghwa narrowed his eyes on the siblings as they twirled around when the beat dropped.  Mingi shook his head as he walked away from the mirror.

 

"Guys,"  Hongjoong clapped once, "I know that this is just practice, but please stay focused."  He begged.

 

Jongho walked to the stereo and turned off the song.  "We should take a break anyway,"  He spoke up, "it's already one o'clock in the morning.  We should get some sleep."  He continued, walking up to San and pulling on his arm.

 

San giggled and let the younger lead him away.  "I'm so tired~"  San sang.

 

Wooyoung laughed like a seal before falling backward.  Yeosang lightly poked at Wooyoung's body with the toe of his foot.  "Yep, he's asleep.  Yeosang said.

 

Seonghwa hummed and put his hair back.  He looked at Hongjoong and nodded.  "Yeah, I'm about ready for a break too."  He said, putting his arm around the short leader.

 

Hongjoong looked up at the other with raised eyebrows.  Seonghwa just smiles before looking at the others.  "Good night, be safe traveling home."  He waved.

 

San looks at those two walking away together.  He then looked at Jongho.  "Oh shoot, we told mom that we would be home early tonight.."  He muttered.

 

Jongho picked up San's bag.  "She'll understand what's up."  He said, walking out of the practice room with him.  "We have a big event coming up, of course we're going to practice like there's no tomorrow."  He continued.

 

San sat in the passenger's seat and nodded.  "I kinda wanna sleep in tomorrow."  He said with greedy eyes.  He was greedy for sleep.

 

Jongho smiled and patted the older's head.  "Sleeping in we shall do."  He nodded his head once.


 

They arrive at their house and walk into it quietly.  However, the little lamp is on with San's mother holding an awake Seoho.  Of course, Keonhee is still at the age where he can't do too much other than crawl around and knock things over.  Keonhee was fast asleep though.  San looked at his mother in confusion.

 

"Mom?  What are they still doing up?"  He asked, walking up to her and kissing her cheek.

 

"They insisted on staying up until you got home."  She answered.  "Little Keonhee couldn't last another hour though."  She chuckled.

 

San sighed and held Seoho's hand.  "You didn't have to stay up."  San said softly.

 

"You and daddy-Jongho are late."  Seoho pouted.  "I missed you."  He jumped into San's arms.

 

San nodded and patted the boy's head.  "Tell you what,"  He started, "we shouldn't be late coming home tomorrow.  Let's play and eat dinner together tomorrow, hm?"  He offered the boy.

 

Seoho smiled.  "Oh boy!"  He clapped.  "Can Grammy and Pappy be here too?"  He asked.

 

"As long as they want to watch you two tomorrow."  San answered before stealing a glance at the woman.

 

She had an amused smile and nodded.  "Of course we'll be here."  She teasingly poked San.

 

San giggled.  That's what Jongho walked into.  He had been busy getting their bags from the car, but seeing San's giggles and Seho's laugh-clapping made him stop everything.  He walked up to the two before looking down at Keonhee.  "Aigoo.."  He muttered, picking up the sleeping baby.  "You guys shouldn't be up this late, it's not healthy."  He said, kissing the sleeping boy's cheek.  "Just look at this cutie."  He pouted, walking away to the childrens' bedroom.

 

San held Seoho's hand.  "Daddy-Jongho is too cute."  He commented.  "Let's go to bed now."  He walked the boy to the bedroom.

 

Jongho had finished tucking the child in.  Meanwhile, San hoisted the boy up onto the bed.  "Did you brush your teeth?"  San asked, brushing the boy's bangs away.

 

"Mhm."  Seoho answered with a nod.  "Grammy got me grape toothpaste."  He continued.

 

Jongho knelt down and put his arm around Seoho.  "We'll be home more tomorrow, sorry for making you wait on us."  He thumbed the boy's cheek.

 

Seoho closed his eyes lightly.  "Make up by staying here 'till I sleep."  He said with a teasing pout.

 

San chuckled and sat down on the bed.  "We're right here, Baby."  He kissed Seoho's forehead.

 

Jongho went in to kiss Seoho's cheek.  It only took a minute for them to notice that the boy had fallen asleep.  The pair looked at each other with soft smiles.  They could tell that they needed sleep too.  San turned the lamp off and Jongho cracked the door behind them.  The grandparents had fallen asleep on the couches and it only left the couple to turn in for the night.

 

The night ended with that very meaningful statement:  I love you.


 

***

 

The clock striked seven o'clock in the evening.  Seoho looked down at the plain carpet with a little sigh.  His parents hadn't come home yet.  The mother noticed the boy's upset face.  "I'm sorry, Sweetie."  She put her hand on his head.  "You know that they don't hate you, right?"  She asked, just making sure that the boy didn't get the wrong idea.

 

Seoho shook his head.  "No.. I just wished that we could have dinner together.."  He muttered, looking at the toddler across the room with his grandpa.

 

She hummed and picked him up.  "Well you kids need to eat."  She said.  "Let's start on dinner."  She suggested.

 

"Oh!"  Seoho clapped once.  "Can we make dinner for daddy San and Jongho?  Please?" He put his fingers by his lips as they were still pressed together.

 

Of course she couldn't say no to the boy.  "You do know that they could be out really late again, right?"  She asked , moving his hair out of his eyes.

 

"I know, I just want to do something."  Seoho smiles.  "They're always working hard for us and Atiny, we should give them a present."  He said, hopping out of her arms and running to the kitchen.

 

She chuckled and followed after the boy.  "You know that they love chicken."  She commented.

 

"Oh  yeah, I love chicken too."  Seoho said, doing a little dance as he looked into the pantry.

 

He snatched the couple packets of chicken ramyun and reached for the rice bag.  Before it could fall over on him, the mother picked up the bag.  "Let's start cooking the sides a little later."  She suggested.  "Let's thaw out some chicken."  She continued.


 

Hours passed by before San and Jongho returned home.  It was eleven o'clock and the guilt instantly filled their stomachs as they saw the lights on.  However, they turn to each other with a confused expression.

 

"Do you smell chicken?"  Jongho asked.

 

San hummed.  "That I do."  He replied.  "Let's see what's up."  He pointed to the kitchen.

 

The way to the kitchen was empty.  However, inside were the other four.  Seoho carried a bowl to the table.  And then he looked up to see them.  "Daddy!!"  He exclaimed, running up to the parents. 

 

Keonhee wasn't too far behind.  "We mwissed you."  He said, hugging Jongho's leg.

 

San combed his fingers through Seoho's hair.  "What's going on?  Why are you two up so late?"  He asked.

 

"Little Seoho wanted to have dinner together."  The mother walked up to them.  "So sit down and eat, you two."  She pointed at the table.

 

The couple obeyed automatically.  San picked Keonhee up and sat him on his knee as he ate.  Meanwhile, Jongho picked up the older child.  "Thank you, Dear."  Jongho said before kissing Seoho's cheek.

 

"We missed you."  San kissed Keonhee's cheek.


 

After the meal, Jongho sat down on the couch with the child on his lap.  "OOh that was some good food."  He said, putting his head back. 

 

San did the same, putting his head on Jongho's shoulder.  "It filled me right up."  He said.  "Let's take a nap."  He closed his eyes.


 

Seoho pushed his body into Jongho's chest while holding Keonhee's hand.  The little family fell asleep with the grandparents left to clean the kitchen.


 

Thank you so much for waiting patiently for this!
It wasn't as long as I wanted it to be, but every day that I was really happy, I wrote for this chapter.  So it has all of my happy feels in it!
Of course the others have to clown Mingi's part, it's not Ateez if they don't XD
Thank you for requesting again~~

<3