Hyena's #1 Fan

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Amusingmurdermachine

Characters
Kim Mingyu (Svt) and Im Hyena (OC)

Genres
Cute and a bit of Angst

Plot
Although the most talented, Im Hyena is the least popular member of a very popular rookie girl group because of her behavior in high school (she was a bit of a troublemaker but joining the entertainment company instilled some discipline in her). Now, it's been wearing her down trying to prove herself to the public that she has changed because people are way too harsh and are way too keen in finding faults in her. Ever since her past resurfaced it's become the norm for some fans to treat her coldly or ignore her altogether at events. One of the main reasons that she still has it together the few fans that support her, especially this boy Kim Mingyu


 


 

  Hyena walked through a hallway.  She looked at a poster of the group she's in.  Her group was called Little Sisters.  They've only come out with two songs, and have a small fanbase.  Due to the lack of fans, they haven't had the inspiration nor the ability to produce and post new songs and music videos.  She was believing that the group was just going to disappear.  The girls are nice to the fans and always use each opportunity to talk to the fans.  Their fans lack a name - another factor of them not having a large enough fan base.


The company told them they can't name the fans until their debut video gets over four million views.  As it stands, there are only two million views.  Two million is a large number, but not large enough. 

She looked at her smile that she made when they made the poster.  The company had high hopes for this group.  She was truly excited to meet so many fans from different countries.  She wanted to dance to new beats, sing to new songs, and maybe even meet some of her favorite artists.  She would let out a sigh occassionally as she walked along the wall to view other rookie bands.  The other bands were thriving and even posting more music videos


"Hyena," her name was called from the opposite end of the hallway, "we have a meeting in the third room."

Hyena nodded to her other bandmate.  The person who called her was the maknae of the group.  Hyena walks to the room to see the other four sitting with their manager.  The leader's name is Eunsal.  Hyena was the next in line being the main dancer.  Then there was Jaereul, the main vocalist.  Daeul was the face of the group and Areum was the maknae. 


"Sit down, please."  The manager spoke, showing the chair on the end.


"As you see," he started, "your fanbase is quite small and the views on your videos haven't reached four million." 

The other four girls let out a disappointed sigh. 

"However, we're going to hold a special event to advertise you.  Maybe you'll get more fans and such."  He said, reading from the document he had on the table.


"We'll meet fans?"  Hyena asked with a smile.

"That's right.  It will be your first fan meeting.  So you all must make a good impression."  He said, returning the smile.


The five were thrilled, talking to each other in little, giggle voices. 

"However,"  he began speaking, "the fans have answered a poll saying who they like most in order." 


That's when everyone went silent.  "They like Daeul the most, and Hyena the least."  He read from the next sheet of paper.


Hyena looked down at the table, hearing the manager read the fans' comments aloud.  The comments weren't exactly the nicest, and a familiar feeling boiled in her stomach.  The comments took her back to when she was in school.  They would always critisize her in anyway possible.

She would be a bit overweight, and be called fat.  Then she went on a diet and was called a pole.  She would wear handed down clothes and be called poor.  Then she spent all of her savings on trendy outfits and be called spoiled.  She would be called ugly for wearing no make up.  And when she put as much make up on as everyone else, she was called unnatural. 

All of the teasing and name calling made her feel resentment toward almost everyone.  She would go out of her way to get revenge on those who called her bad things.  Because of this, everyone hated her attitude.  But ever since coming to Pledis, she has only gotten positive comments or constructive critisizm.  Until now, of course.


Pledis told her not to read comments to get discouraged, but it seemed like the manager didn't mind to tell them all.  She bawled her fists under the table and kept her facial expression neutral. 

Don't be like your old self, you came here to have fun.  Of course there will be people who don't like you.  Just think about the ones who do like you.  She managed to convince herself to smile.


Hyena can't blame her haters.  They did have a tiny fan meeting when they debutted, but nothing too formal.  She would accidentally seem too cold, or sometimes not acknowlege questions.  Nerves got the best of her at most times.  But ever since then, she did notice that a lot of people ignore her. 




It was the next week, they were helping the staff set up the tables for the impending event.  It was an outdoor event.  Hyena had fun decorating the table with flowers and other little things.  The table wasn't too long, since there are only five members.  He stretched and then started dancing their debut song's choreography.


It came time for all of the fans to poor in.  The girls sit down.  They went in order of popularity rather than age.  Hyena was a bit upset but lived with it.  She watched the fans stand behind the ropes.  Once there were enough fans to fill the fence, the guards let the fans come in slowly. 


"Hello-" Hyena bowed while smiling, but the fan just walked away from the table and went off of the stage. 

Each fan was exactly the same.  She put her sharpie down and looked at the table with a disappointed glare, not even sparing a glance at any fan. 

"She's so mean," Hyena heard a fan whisper to Jaereul.


She stood up and looked at the fan.  "You know what's mean?  You guys ignoring me."  She said in a cold tone. 

She walked away from the table with her fists clinched. 



Every fanmeeting then on was like that.  Their music videos did increase in views, and their fanbase did enlarge, but not enough to make it big time.  They would win a few rookie medals, but the band was slowly making its way up.  The girls weren't too upset by it.  It's only natural for a rookie band to take time to be popular.

Unfortunately, at every meeting and concert, Hyena wasn't paid too much attention if at all.  The only people to pay attention to her were the staff that were assigned to her.  Not even her bandmates talked to her much.  She was seated at the end of the table.


Hyena was just staring at the table during the meetings.  Today, they were inside a building.  She sighed silently.  She was about to stand up.


"Hyena." 


Her name was called by a familiar voice.  She looked up from the table to see someone from Pledis.  His hair was parted to the side, dyed black.  His teeth were canine-like, and showed with his smile.  He was wearing a t-shirt that had her name on it - something she didn't see ever.  He had a light stick with her name on it (again, rare), and then a copy of her promotion photo.


"Mingyu sunbae?"  She almost stuttered.

"Hyena, I'm your biggest fan.  Can you sign this for me?"  He handed over the portrait.


She let a sad smile set on her face.  "S-sure.."  She caught her tear before opening her sharpie for the first time. 


Mingyu looked at her signature.  "It is so pretty!"  He said in an honest, excited tone.  He reached to hold her hand. 

She held his hand, watching his expression never changing, but naturally never changing.


"I'm rooting for you, Hyena.  Don't give up ever, okay?"  He said with a calm tone.

Hyena looked at the fans next to Mingyu, they noticed he was there.


"Mingyu-sunbae, thank you so much."  She let go of his hand.

"Can I have a hug?"  He asked.


She nodded and got up from her seat.  She walked around the side, and put her arms around his waist.  "Make sure you eat your meals."  He whispered while her hair.

"You too."  She finally smiled with pure happiness.


He let go of her and sent a wave as he went off of the stage.  Fans were going crazy.  Hyena knew she would be getting false fans from this moment, but she couldn't help but keep her smile.


For the first time since debutting, she actually has a fan.




 


I didn't make it cute enough >.<'
I'm sorry if you don't like it. 
Thank you for requesting and reading <3