On Your Path

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Deedee101

Pairing
(SHINee) Taemin x Yeonseo (OC)


Genres
Romance, Slight-angst, Very Light-

Plot

Yeonseo and Taemin have broken up due to the fact both weren't courageous enough to to fight for each other. (Reason why they broke up is up to you). The two can't move on and as years progressed, it was getting harder for them. The two meet again at opening of her art exhibition, the old flame and sparks started exploding, and they started talking which leads to them making up.



Author
Charlot1081

 

 

 

 

    Cha Yeonseo is a twenty-two year old girl. She lives with her parents, both of which are in their late sixties. Being the only child that they had when they were quite older, Yeonseo has been responsible for taking care of her family. It's Yeonseo that gives her mother a bath in the evenings and her father a shave in the mornings. It was Yeonseo's duty to teach herself how to do things as the set of parents were working at their jobs during the day.

 

She was responsible for watching her online classes from when she was five to when she finished high school. Throughout the day, she had her list of chores: watering the plants, feeding the cat, doing the laundry, cooking food, preparing the house for sleeping, and doing her homework.

 

It all fell on Yeonseo to do everything for the house. And it also fell on Yeonseo to take care of her parents. She couldn't just say no to her parents; they never said no to her. They bought her nice clothes and cosmetics. They went out shopping on the days they could get off of work.

 

And during one shopping trip when Yeonseo was sixteen, she met a boy who worked at the shop. He had fair skin and a pretty smile. His bangs were a dark brown and his eyes were fairly dark too. However, his lips would form a smile whenever he greeted customers. She read his nametag: Taemin. She blushed as they made eye contact so many times.

 

And there was a point when Yeonseo had some time away from her mother at the store. It was a little awkward at first. Yeonseo wasn't used to shopping alone. However, seeing the boy's smile made her heart flutter. She neared the boy and gave a hesitant wave. The boy waved back, having a friendly smile. "Are you having trouble finding something?" He asked.

 

She blushed and shook her head. "Are you lost?" He asked. Again, she shook her head. "I haven't seen you around school.. Are you from here?" He asked, getting a nod this time. "Well.. My name is Taemin." He introduced himself.

 

"Yeonseo.." She said simply.

 

He smiled and nodded. "Yeonseo.. A pretty name." Taemin commented. "Hey, I think we're about the same age. Do you want to be friends?" He asked.

 

She put her hands together. "S-sure." She stuttered.

 

"Do you have a phone?" Taemin asked, getting a nod. "Okay, why don't we exchange numbers?" He offered, taking his phone out of his vest.

 

She shyly took her phone out, unlocked it, and handed it to him. He smiled and pressed on the keypad. "This is me." He pointed. "Text me whenever you want, kay?" He gave the phone back.

 

Yeonseo smiled and nodded. "Okay~" She replied. "I.. I gotta go find my mom." She said.

 

Taemin chuckled. "So you are lost." He said. "Okay, let's go find her." He offered his hand.

 

She accepted it and walked around with him. Yeonseo felt her heart racing in a good way. She didn't feel scared; she didn't feel like she was going to get stolen by this boy. No, she felt like he was protecting him. And seeing her mother was a little bit of a disappointment due to having to let go of Taemin's hand. "I.. I liked holding your hand." She said.

 

Taemin looked down at her with a little chuckle. "You too.." He said. "Be good for your mother, okay?" He patted her head.

 

"Hehe, okay." Yeonseo bowed before walking across the aisle.

 

Taemin sighed happily.



 

Lee Taemin, a twenty-three year old boy came from a long line of businessmen. His father owns a rather large company in the immediate area. Being a little town, there were very few businesses. That being said, those few businesses were gainfully employed. Taemin didn't have to do too much to be a rich business man. He just had to be the son of Lee Jinki.

 

Being an heir, Taemin has been given almost everything. Every update the Iphone has ever had; every MacBook imaginable; every class he needed to take to be in the position he is. He used to work for everything that his parents didn't give him. And what he didn't get was clothes and food.

 

He had to work for those things. Those were the only things he had to work for. And he did it to the best of his ability. It started out being a postboy, throwing newspapers at front doors. And then it turned into mowing lawns. Then he turned to working at a grocery store, where he met his girlfriend. She was a little shy and a little.. He hates to say it, but is a little ignorant.

 

She always gave him the impression that she had more to learn. And with the wrong influences, she might learn the wrong way. He learned about her being homeschooled. And in fact, she was homeschooled by his teacher. She just had later classes and has excelled a little slower.

 

Taemin admires the girl for all of her hard work though. That, he cannot shrug off. He loved the girl. They started dating when they turned eighteen. Taemin's parents couldn't do a thing to stop him from dating the girl, even though they wanted him to marry someone more successful.

 

Meanwhile, Yeonseo's parents adored him. They were a little upset at first with Yeonseo having a boy on her phone. But after a few dinner dates, they couple grew to love Taemin.


 

"So my dad wants me to move to Seoul with him." Taemin said, looking at the girl in front of him.

 

She had made tea for them. "You don't have to." Yeonseo commented.

 

Taemin sighed, it was current time. They graduated from high school and are attending college now. "Dad says I need to take some classes up there. And maybe move the business up there." He explained. "I was hoping you could come with me." Taemin smiled.

 

Her expression dropped. "Tae.. You know I need to take care of mom and dad.." Yeoseo replied.

 

Taemin furrowed his eyebrows. "They're not that old you know. They can take care of themselves." He said.

 

"My place is with them." Yeonseo said firmly. "I wanted to get married in my house and.. Have a family with you there." She held her heart.

 

"And I want to continue learning." Taemin said.

 

They looked into each other's eyes. "I see we have different paths.." She said.

 

Taemin hummed. "Maybe.. Maybe we just need to separate. Not necessarily break up." He mentioned.

 

She shook her head. "I don't think I can handle a long-distance relationship." Yeonseo said. "I want you right here, with me." She continued.

 

"And I want to learn to grow a great business." Taemin returned. "I could move your parents with me?" He offered.

 

Yeonseo shook her head. "My parents don't need that city life.. We're just fine here, Taemin. Have fun in Seoul." She stood up.

 

"But-"

 

"You know where the door is." Yeonseo said before walking to her room.


 

After that, two and a half years passed by. Yeonseo stayed home to take care of her parents. Her father's health went downhill as the man tripped on the stairs and her mother has been feeling weaker lately.

 

But not only has Yeonseo been taking care of her parents. She's taken up a new hobby. This hobby is painting. And the hobby has made her quite the profit.


 

Taemin continued with his studies: learning business ethics and being certified to be an owner of the said business he was wanting to achieve. The business was none other than running an orphanage.

 

And the orphanage was opening up right in the little town he grew up in. Taemin looked at the wide open skies as autumn hit the town. He smiled as he saw the sign against the fence.

 

Taemin walked off of the property and around town. He saw a sign against his old shop's window advertising an art exhibition. He was surprised. "Art? Wow.." He held his chin. "Maybe I can buy a few pieces for the kids." He had hope in his eyes.

 

He walked down the street to the old warehouse. It was decorated with lights giving off an old, Western vibe. He saw a poster of a silhouette. It looked like a sad girl on a mountain. And then the next panel had her smiling softly.

 

He already felt the artsy and emotional vibe. He walked around, seeing paintings of a farm and an old-looking house. He saw the town and also a few shops. "This is really something.." He muttered.

 

He saw a line of people who were waiting to get to a table. Thinking the artist was at the table, he got in line.

 

Once it was his turn, he recognized those soft, hard-working eyes. "Yeonseo." Taemin dropped his hands to his sides.

 

She looked at him. "Taemin." Yeonseo stood up.

 

They looked at each other's eyes. That small heart beating was forming in their chests. "You.. You painted all of this?" He asked, showing the walls.

 

She nodded, sitting back down. "Yeah.. I couldn't afford anymore classes so.. I went into painting." She smiled softly. "It was a good way to get out my emotions while still caring for my parents." She explained.

 

Taemin nodded. "How are they?" He asked.

 

"They're still here.. But I'm trying to raise money for my dad's operation." Yeonseo answered. "He fell down the stairs and.." She sighed.

 

"Hey.." He reached to hold her hand. "I want to help."

 

"But-"

 

Taemin kissed that hand. "I'm done being a businessman. I'm a caring man now." He smiled. "Please let me help you." He begged.

 

Yeonseo pursed her lips. "I don't want you throwing me money.." She muttered.

 

"I won't just throw it." Taemin chuckled. "I'm interested in your paintings. I want them in my orphanage."

 

"O-orphanage?" She was shocked.

 

Taemin nodded. "I'm living here now and I want to take care of the children." He said. "I would like it if you could take care of them with me. And we'll be right here with your parents.

 

"I want us to fight together. Do we have the courage?" He asked, holding her hands.

 

She looked into his eyes. "I.. I don't know.." Yeonseo had tears.

 

Taemin leaned in, putting their lips together. Hearing some claps from behind, Taemin closes his eyes. Yeonseo closed her eyes too, focusing on the feeling. When the kiss faded, Taemin gave her a peck on the cheek. "I've saved myself for you." He whispered. "I know we separated because we had different paths.

 

"But I'm ready to join you on your path." He said sweetly.

 

Yeonseo blushed, forgetting about the eyes on them. "O-okay." She agreed. "I never stopped loving you." She pulled him into a hug. Or as much of a hug they could do when there was a table between them.


 

And it happened like that. Taemin bought out the paintings to decorate the new orphanage. It was actually the little elementary school that was abandoned. Taemin got it back up and running again with the help of his now-fiancée. Together, they made the dark, run-down building into a vibrant paradise for the less fortunate.

 

Along the way, Yeonseo's father got his surgery and is on the road to recovery. To celebrate their togetherness, they finally had their wedding. Just as Yeonseo dreamed, the town's priest married them in the girl's house.

 

Of course they lived across the street from their parents to have a little privacy. "I hope it's not too far from them." Taemin said, taking off his tie.

 

She looked up at him with a little shrug. "As long as I can always go over there." She pointed.

 

Taemin smiled and leaned down, kissing on her lips. "Of course, my love." He agreed. "Bring me along too." He winked.

 

Yeonseo giggled, holding . "Okay.. And besides, we need our privacy for intimacy." She said, putting her arms around his neck. She pulled him down on top of her.

 

Taemin laughed with her, kissing her lips ever so softly while she nonchalantly took his clothes off. He was thankful that the parents weren't around, otherwise they would definitely stop them. They even stopped them from a simple make-out.


 

That night, they gave their heart, their lives, and their bodies to each other. And they will own each other forever..

 

 

And here it is.
A little bit of angst with a sweet ending.
Very cute how they achieved both of their dreams with each other.
Thank you for requesting~

<3