I'll be Here ❤️

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Lakanamihan


Pairing
(Svt) Minghae x Ella (OC)


Genres
Romance, friends to lovers, angst, sad, regret, happy ending


Plot
Interpretive plot (Author's take on the requested plot)
Minghao has faced harships while growing up.  Hardships that he didn't understand.  These things made him bitter and jaded.  The only person who understood him was Ella.  Ella was his only source of happiness.



Author
Charlot1081



 

 

 

 

    A five year-old Minghao ran around the park.  He had brought his pet bunny with him.  As he was running, he failed to notice the girl in front of him until he crashed into her.  She was giggling as Minghao rubbed his head.  “Are you okay?”  She asked.



He muttered a yes under his breath.  “What are you doing here, Ella?”  He asked.



Ella was his next door neighbor.  He considers them to be friends, as they also go to the same school.  “Relaxing in the sun.”  She looked up at the sky, resting her head on the grass under her.  “What about you?”  She returned.



“Playing tag with my bunny.”  He answered.



She sat up and looked around.  “Where’s your bunny?”  She asked.



He scratched his head.  “I guess we should for him, even though he’ll tag me.”  He stood up, extending his hand.



She accepted his hand, standing up.  She brushed the leaves off of her skirt before walking with Minghao.  They looked around for two minutes before they saw a group of black birds eating.



“Hey, that’s where I put him.”  Minghao ran up to the flock.  The birds instantly flew away, leaving the bunny’s open body on the grass.  He immediately screamed.



Ella pouted as she heard him cry.  She put her arms around him.  “It’s okay,”  She whispered, “I’m here for you.”



Minghao sobbed - it was so ugly.  Ella didn’t care though.  All she cared about was comforting Minghao.  They weren’t alone too long as MInghao’s mother walked up to them.  When she saw the bunny, she gasped.  “Hao, it’s time to go.”  She held his hand.



“But-”



“Your father needs the car for work.”  She said.  “Tell your friend bye.”



Minghao wiped his nose with his sleeve.  “Th-thank you, Ella.”  He said.



Ella held his hand with a soft smile.  “See you tomorrow.”





Minghao didn’t understand why the birds hurt his bunny like that.  But what he did understand was that Ella knew what he was going through and also knew how to comfort him.  She hugged him during recess and gave him her milk at lunch.  Ella would also show him nature’s beauty - the ecosystem that works in harmony rather than survival.



“While weeds can harm a plant, the plant will stay strong if their roots are strong.”  She showed her flower pots off.  “It’s our responsibility to take care of them so that weeds don’t take over.”
Minghao’s love for plants grew in the following years.  He and Ella would foster flowers together.



One day, when Minghao was thirteen, he and Ella were on the back porch.  They were doing their homework together.  It was peaceful until they heard a crash from inside the house.  The banging was followed by yelling.



“You’re a sick, selfish !”  The man shouted.



“At least I spend time with your fricken son!”  She yelled back.



The man huffed.  “Not hardly!  You drop him off at the park and then go cheat on me.”  He corrected.



Minghao looked down.  “Hey.. It’s okay.”  Ella held his hand.  “They fight all the time and then make up.”  She smiled.



“I’m leaving!”  The mother shouted shortly after Ella’s words.



“Yeah?  And who are you running to?!”  The man asked.



She held her hips.  “Wonwoo.”  She answered simply.



“Your fricken ex?!”  He shouted.  “Fine, we don’t need you!”



The mother threw her wedding band before storming out of the house.  Minghao sighed.  The man walked onto the back porch, lighting a cigarette.  “I’m sorry, Hao.”  The man started.  “I’ve tried so hard to protect our family..”



Minghao looked at his flower on the table.  “Dad.. Did you ever want me?  Or was I an accident?”  He asked.



Ella had a devastated look; meanwhile, the man patted Minghao’s head.  “I wanted you, she didn’t.”  He answered.



Minghao didn’t know who to believe.  “Could you do that up front?  I don’t want my flower to die from the smoke.”  He requested.



The man turned out his cigarette.  “I’m sorry,”  He apologized, “please watch over him, Miss Ella.  I need to go to work.”  He waved at the girl.



Ella nodded.  “Of course, I’ll always take care of him.”  She assured.



When the man left, Minghao broke into tears.  “It’s going to be okay.”  Ella hugged him.





Ella was there through everything.  Minghao’s parents divorced shortly after that night.  The battle for taking custody was a horrible one.  Minghao certainly didn’t want either parent as both have treated him as if he was lower than a dog.  In the end, his father kept him on the condition that his mother could visit him or take him places at any time. 



Minghao would wake up on an empty house and come home in an empty house.  To cure his loneliness, Minghao took up a part-time job.  When he wasn’t at school or working, he helped foster his and Ella’s flowers.  He felt comfort in taking care of the flowers. 



“Are you ready to go?”  Ella asked.



Tonight was prom.  Minghao had asked a girl out.  Her name is Tzuyu.  She is such a pretty girl.  He feels unworthy to go with her.  She’s such a sweet girl.  “How do I look?”  Minghao asked.z

 

Ella looked up and down at the boy in a sharp suit.  “You’re handsome, for my brother.”  She teased.



Minghao giggled.  “I guess you’re pretty.. For my sister.”  He returned, sticking his tongue out.

Ella held his hand as they went outside.  Ella’s parents drove them to school.  Once they entered the building, Minghao scanned the crowd.  His heart dropped when he saw Tzuyu dancing with another guy.



“Hey.. What’s she doing with Junhui?”  Minghao asked.



Ella followed his eyes to catch Junhui and Tzuyu kiss.  She grimaced.  “I uh..”  She had no words.

Minghao slowly walked up to the couple.  “T-tzuyu?”  He had a weak stutter.



She let go of Junhui.  “Oh, hey.”  Tzuyu had a smirk playing on her face.



“I-I thought we were going t-together.”  Minghao commented with a horrible stutter.



She huffed, flipping her hair before holding her hip.  “Like I would go out with a loser like you.”  She poked his shoulder with her free hand.  “It was funny seeing your hopeful eyes.”  She mocked.



Minghao clenched his fists.  “But..”



“Look here, Reject, she played with you.”  Junhui had a smug smile.  “Now go run to your mommy.”



“If she even wants you.”  Tzuyu laughed.  “I’m sure that even your dad was too busy to bring you tonight.”  She waved her hand.



The students around them laughed at Minghao.  He lowered his eyes, a tear was building up.  “Are you crying?  What a weasel!”  Junhui laughed.



Minghao his heels, stomping out of the building.  Ella followed him to a table.  “Hey..”  Ella held his hand.  “It’s okay.”



“You should go to your date.”  He insisted.  “Don’t worry about me.”



Ella shook her head.  “I don’t have a date.”  She replied.  “I just wanted cake.”  She admitted shyly.



Minghao gave a faint smile.  “She tricked me.. I guess love won’t ever be on my side..”  He gave a pathetic sigh.

Ella shrugged.  “You can’t count Tzuyu.”  She stated.  “You barely knew her before asking her to prom.  Real love will be out there, don’t rush.”  She encouraged.



“Thank you.. I’m glad that I have you.”  Minghao hugged her.



She returned the hug.  “I’ll never leave your side.”  She assured.  “It’s going to be okay.”



Minghao nodded, wiping his tears.  Of course, he cried.  He’s always crying in Ella’s arms.  He felt guilty, however.  “Is.. Is there anything bothering you?  Can I help you?”



Ella shook her head.  “Just you being here is helping me.”  She replied.  “Stay with me.”



“I will.”  Minghao promised.



Ella’s cheeks were as bright as the sun.  To hide them, she put her face in his chest. I can’t.  She said to herself.  We’re both not ready yet.  The night progressed: they ate cake together and ignored the other students around them.





Minghao had to leave his house - his parents.  He saved up enough to rent an apartment.  Ella co-leased with him.  They were both working while slowly getting an education.  Minghao worked in manual labor: he worked long hours, came home late, and was tired the whole day.  Ella was always there for him though.  She pre-made meals for him that he could reheat when he got hom.  She made sure that his clothes were clean and his bed was made.



“What kind of woman are you attracted to?”  Jeonghan, his coworker, asked as he snapped open a can of tea.



Minghao shrugged.  “A woman who is honest.. Loving.. And will be there for me.”  He answered.



Jeonghan sipped his tea with a hum.  “I take it that you had a hard life growing up?”  He asked.



“Yes..”  Minghao answered.  “My parents hated me; my classmates hated me; and all of my pets were murdered one way or another.”  He explained.



Jeonghan grimaced.  “How did you cope?”  He asked.



“I have on true friend.”  Minghao smiled.  “She’s been there for everything.  Lately, I’ve been so happy whenever I come home.  I barely see her, but eating her cooking comforts me.”  He held his chest. 



Jeonghan chuckled.  “Sounds like you’re in love.”  He commented.  “This friend sounds like your ideal woman, especially if she knows everything you’ve gone through.”  He continued.



“I couldn’t.. She’s like a sister to me.”  Minghao had wide eyes.



Jeonghan shrugged.  “Not everyone was destined for romance.”  He said.  “If she can be your soulmate with no romance, then you’re set for life.”  He insisted.



Minghao smiled.  “Thanks, Jeong-hyung.”  He said.  “You’ve been a great friend too.”



Jeonghan stood up.  “If we work projects together, there’s no point in being enemies.”  He threw his can away.  “I’ve spent two years with you now, we’ll be brothers soon.”  He put his arm around the Chinese male.



“What’s your type of woman, if I may ask?”  Minghao asked as they went back to work.



Jeonghan put his safety goggles on.  “Oh, appearances, I would like one with a set of nice, perky s and short hair.”  He answered.



Minghao blushed and averted his gaze to his toolbox. 

 

 

 

 

It's true.  Minghao has been feeling differently about Ella since moving into an apartment with her. He's found himself smiling a lot more than when he was young.  When he was young, barely anything made him happy.  He would admit, the things that happened to him made him bitter.  The only thing that made him feel comforted was taking care of plants with Ella.  It was very stress relieving to take care of plants with Ella.  It made him calm when he was caring for plants with Ella.  ..with Ella.  It wasn't just the plants.  He didn't find being with the plants to be the object.   It was because Ella was there.

 

It took Minghao two nights of sleep to realize it was Ella. “Hey, Sis.”  He greeted the next morning.

 

“Hey, Hao.”  She greeted with a big smile.  “How was your sleep?”  She asked.

 

“It was good.”  He answered.  “What is your next project about?”  He asked.


Ella placed a plate of food at his place at the table.  “It’s demonstrating how plants change their growth pattern to match their environment.”  She answered.  “Domesticated cacti grow much smaller than those in the desert due to the climate being much different.”  She gave an example.



Minhao nodded and picked his chopsticks up.  “Understandable.”  He agreed.  “Do sunflowers change direction to match the sun?”  He asked.



Ella giggled and shook her head.  “No, that’s a myth.”  She answered.  “I wish it were true.  That would be so magical if flowers could always turn to the thing that makes them the happiest.”  She continued.



Minghao smiled softly.  “I’m glad I can always turn to you.”  He commented.



He caught the blush appearing on her cheeks.  “I’m glad I can go to you too.”  She returned.  “You’re the only flower I need.”  She put a flower behind his ear; the stem going behind his ear while the flower’s face appeared in his hair.



Minghao held her hand before she could move too far away.  “Ella.. I think I want you to be my flower.”  He said.



Ella blinked silently.  “..you mean..”  She muttered.  “Like..”



“Ella, I love you.”  Minghao confessed.



The girl looked down at the table.  “I.. I’ve liked you for awhile now.”  She admitted.  “Are you sure you’re ready for a romantic relationship though?  I don’t want to remind you of Tzuyu.”  She pouted.



Minghao lifted her chin.  “You could never be compared to Tzuyu, she was a mean girl.”  He replied.  “You’ve been the best thing in my life.  You’ve been with me through everything.  Thank you.”  He held her other hand.



Ella smiled, her eyes were sparkling (in Minghao’s opinion).  “I’ll always be there for you.”  She said.  “I don’t want you to ever be alone, not for one minute.”



Minghao inched closer.  When the girl’s smile increased, he took it as an invitation to close the gap.  They shared a brief kiss.  “My chest feels so.. Different.”  He held his heart.



Ella giggled and hugged him for the nth time since they’ve met.  “It’s love, Hao.”  She stated. 



“It.. It feels great.”  Minghao closed his eyes.  “I’m loved by someone that I care so much about.”  He whispered.



For a moment, Ella felt as if they shared the same heart beat.  Maybe it was her crazy imagination from watching too many Kdramas; or maybe it was the fact that they finally shared their hearts with each other.  All Ella knew was that she was thankful for this moment.  Even if it doesn’t last forever, she will never take this moment for granted.



Minghao finally experienced something he’s never received: love.  Of course, he knows that Ella loved him as a brother - as a friend.  But a lover?  No way.  As actual family?  Absolutely not.  He doesn’t know what family means.  Well.. Maybe now he does.  “Please.. Don’t ever let this feeling stop.  I want you for the rest of my life.”  Minghao begged, now sobbing tears of joy.



“It’s going to be okay.”  Ella said.  “I’ll always be with you.”



Her words felt different from earlier.  It was the same thing she said while growing up, but now it had a deeper meaning to Minghao. 



“I promise.”

 

 

 

Minghao found his happiness! It was like literally right in front of him lol

I'm so sorry for it taking forever for me to write this. I had the idea in my head, for ahwile, I just had like zero energy to write it up. But here it is!!
I hope that you enjoyed it my vision on the prompt that you gave me. I didn't want it to bee too heavy with angst, but I also wanted to include some realistic elements of family drama and childhood traumas (pets dying, we've all been there).

 

Thank you so much for requesting!!
<3