Heart-break

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
SMTownR


Pairing
(GOT7) Mark Tuan x Go Ara (OC)
Go Sara (OC)


Genres
Romance, Angst, and Drama


Plot
Ara and Sara are sister's. Ara the eldest is the same age with Mark. Mark has a crush on Sara who is three years younger. Ara likes Mark but he is just colleagues with her. But as he spends time with Ara he falls for her when she had started to move on.


 



    Mark walked outside today.  He usually stays inside for his break but he decided to go against the flow today.  That and he heard that his nurse's sister was going to be coming around his hospital building today.  Mark traveled slowly down the sidewalk as he looked at the grass and shrubs lining it.

Mark is a doctor and a surgeon: he has his general degree but he specializes in pediatrics.  That being said, he also works weekends in the emergency room for adults and children.  He sees his head nurse and waves her down.

"Ara,"  He spoke as he caught up to her and the other girl, "what's going on?"  he asked with a smile.


Ara gave a smile that mirrored Mark's smile.  However, she quickly noticed that his gaze was mostly on her sister.  She inwardly sighed while furrowing her eyebrows for a millisecond and keeping her smile on her lips. 

"Just on break like you, Doctor Tuan."  She responded and put her arm around her sister's shoulders.  "Sara wanted to walk around today, so.."

Mark laughed a bit and patted the younger's shoulder.  "I wanted to walk too.  Would it be okay if I join you two?"  He asked—again, mostly looking at Sara.


The younger girl nodded with a smile as she and Mark maintained pretty good eye-contact.  Ara sighed inwardly again while keeping a fake smile pasted on her lips.  She moved her grip to Sara's hand and started walking with her. 


"How is your nurse schooling going, Sara?"  Mark asked nicely.

Sara hummed a bit.  "Pretty decent.  Unnie is helping me of course."  She replied with a smile.  "Maybe I can go on your team when I graduate."


Mark nodded with a chuckle.  "I would love to have a pair of sisters on my team.  Especially since we've known each other a good amount of time."  He replied before looking at Ara.

It was like Ara was watching him the whole time.  When Ara noticed his stare, she quickly turned to the sidewalk and let her grip go.  She stopped walking and hummed.  "This is Sara's stop."  She spoke up.  "She only has five more minutes before she needs to go back to her training."


Mark nodded and patted Sara's shoulder.  "If you need any help, just ask us, okay?"  He gave a sweet smile to the youngest.

Sara's cheeks turned a light shade of pink as his hand lingered on her shoulder for an extra moment.  "Sure."  She agreed before bowing.


Ara watched her sister leave before turning back to Mark.  She cleared a bit and held her waist loosely.  "We should be getting back too."  She suggested.

She saw his smile get a bit disinterested as Sara was gone.  "We have a surgery coming along soon, right?"  She asked as they started walking back to the main building.


"Yeah.. hey, how many surgeries has Sara helped with?  Or do you know?"  He asked suddenly.


Ara looked the other way.  "She doesn't always tell me what she learns each day, but I would suppose she's at least watched one since she started a year ago."  She said, quickly disappointed that the conversation went back to talking about Sara.



Ara wouldn't say she's jealous.. Or maybe she would.  Every conversation they have seems to always end with something about Sara.  Sara this-Sara that.  She can't ever get a break and talk about them.  She remains silent the rest of the walk as to not snap at the other. 


"So,"  Mark started as they got into the elevator, "how's the new apartment?  Is Sara adapting well to the new change after she graduated high school?"  He asked.


Ara breathed in and breathed out.  "Why don't you ask her?"  She snapped as the elevator doors open.  She power-walked out of the elevator while leaving his mouth agape.


She made her way to the nurse's station and purposely banged her head on the wall lightly.  She sighed and looked back at some of the other members on the team.  She shook her head as a signal for them not to ask. 


Meanwhile, Mark scratched his head as he made it down a hallway.  He picked up the list of patients he's to see and who's waiting on him already.  Focus on work and think about it later.  He told himself before picking up a plastic cup.  He filled it with water from the cooler before making his way to the first room.



***

Ara and Sara were sitting in the living room this evening.  It's the weekend and currently their time off.  While working in the emergency room on the weekend, Ara usually has the late evening off. 

"And then, boom!  Out came the spider!"  The TV was playing a cartoon that they watched when they were younger.


The two girls stayed quiet with the occassional laugh from some of the old, cheesy jokes.  When a commercial came on, Ara muted the TV.  Taking the silence as an opportunity to talk, Sara cleared .


"Ara,"  She started, "I think Mark might have a crush on me."  She brought up.

You don't say..  "Oh?  What makes you think that?"  Ara questioned.


Sara hummed as she thought.  "He seems to smile at me a lot, ever since we were younger."  She pointed out.  "He sent a coffee to me the other day, too."  She included.

Ara let her sigh come out this time, making Sara raise her eyebrows.  "What's wrong?"  She asked.


The older shook her head.  "Nothing.. do you like him?"  She asked, a bit of hope in her heart and question in her eyes.

Sara smiled and looked down for a moment.  "He is kinda cute.."  She mentioned as she played with her nails. 


Ara nodded and looked at the TV, seeing that the cartoon came back on.  "Do you think he's a nice boy?"  Sara suddenly asked.


Ara looked back at her sister with surprise.  "Yeah.. he's funny and cute.  But sometimes he can be an idiot."  The two laugh a bit.  "But sure, he's a good candidate."


Sara pursed her lips and nodded.  "I think you should ask him out then."  She nudged Ara's shoulder. 

"Wh-what?!"  Ara asked with wide eyes.

"Mmhmm, I see the way you look at him when he looks at me.  We're sisters, remember?  We see right through the fake fronts."  She said with a wink.


Ara sighed and sat back on the couch with a depressed frown.  "If he already likes you, I think you two should try."  Ara sacrificed.  Even though that suggestion was one of the hardest things for her to say, Sara seemed to not have noticed that time.

Ara kept her front up, and she could tell that Sara didn't see past it.

"You really think so?"  Sara asked cautiously. 

Ara nodded.  "You two would be cute together."  She commented.


The younger nods and rests her head on Ara's shoulder.  "Thanks, Ara."  Is all Ara paid attention to.


The older hums as she turned the volume back up on the TV.  Her eyes were on the screen as her mind was on Mark.  I want them both to be happy.  Why should I get between them?  She thought as she watched the cartoons.  I'll find someone else, I'm sure of it.


***

Weeks pass on by and Ara notices that Mark hangs out around Sara's building more times than not.  Stop thinking about it..  She told herself as she was sewing up a patient's leg.  She snipped the thread and looked at the other members of the team with a small nod, signaling everything was finished.

She walked out of the room after discarding the surgery clothing.  She washed her hands and took her hair out of her hairbow.  She turned to the side and saw Mark looking at her.

"Is everything alright, Mark?"  She asked, a bit disinterested in her tone.

Of course he's alright, he's just here to ask me if Sara is free.  She said inwardly.  Before Mark could respond, the man that watches the vitals walked up to her.

"Hey, Ara.  You seemed a bit out of it while stitching Miss Gong up.  Would you like to have a shake or something after our shift?"  He asked, scratching the back of his neck shyly.


She nonchalantly looked at Mark in her peripheral vision before growing a small smile.  "Sure, just come by when you want to go."  She said before bowing.

She left the hallway without the two males and made it to the nurse's station.  It's exactly what I need–someone else.  If Sara and Mark are happy together, I should move on and be happy with someone else, right?  She nodded to herself with pursed lips.  Her shift finished after typing in the rest of the information about the last surgery.


Ara picked her purse up after taking her uniform off.  She walked to the waiting room and saw the man.  "Jackson-Sunbae, are you ready?"  She asked.

He gave her a smile and nodded.  "Yup."  He walked with her.


In the distance, Mark watched the two leave.  He scratched the back of his head and looked out of the window he's standing in front of.  Memories of the date he and Sara were on last night play in his mind.


[Flashback]


"Mark," Sara started while looking at the night sky and walking along the silent street, "do you like me?"  She asked.

Mark scratched the back of his neck and put his other hand in his pocket.  "I think that's why I want to date you, right?"  He replied with a small smile.  "Why?"

"Are you sure you don't like Ara?  You two are closer, you know."  She mumbled.

Mark pursed his lips while putting his free hand in his other pocket.  "Honestly,"  He breathed, "you've always made me smile, Sara.  But after spending some time with you on these dates, I don't think the smile is because I'm in love."


Sara stopped walking and turned to Mark.  She looked up at him with raised eyebrows.  "What do you mean?"  She asked with concern.

"I think I'm smiling because.. well.. you feel like a little sister to me.  I smile when I hear that you learn new things, that you're coping well with school, and so on."  He explained.  "But lately, seeing Ara space out has really bothered me."

Sara hummed.  "She seemed a bit upset when she mentioned that you spend too much time with me." 

"Huh?"

"We're sisters; we talk a lot about our feelings."  She laughed a bit as she walked to a bench.


He sat down next to her and watched some people jogging in the distance.  He sighed and looked down at the ground.  "I feel different when I think about Ara, or when I see her.  It's not a brotherly feeling either."

"You should talk to her before it is too late, Mark."  She suggested.


[End Flashback]


Mark shook his head and followed the two at a distance. 



"Ara,"  Jackson started, "have you been feeling well lately?"  He asked, handing her the milkshake she ordered.

"Yeah, why not?"  She replied as she sat down at a table with him.


He shrugged and played with the cherry that was on his whip cream.  "You seem to work well, but your eyes are always glossy.  Is something happening to you outside work?"  He asked with concern in his tone.


She shook her head.  "Nothing too much..  Just.. getting over something."  She said with a weaker tone.

"Oh.. I never knew you were in a relationship.. I'm sorry."  He reached his hand to the one she had on the table.  "I.. I'm sorry if me asking you out was too sudden."


She smiled and shook her head again.  "No, don't worry.  It wasn't a break up."  She said.  "More like.. a heart-break.."  She muttered while looking down at the sugary beverage.


Jackson looked down at the table and removed his hand.  He remained silent as he watched his beverage while drinking it. 

"Thank you for being concerned, Jackson."  She broke the silence after a few minutes.

He shook his head with a small smile.  "Just let me know if you need anything, okay?  And.. if you ever want to-"

"No.. I'm not looking for any serious relationship right now, Jackson."  She told.  "I think that staying single is my best option for now.  Please don't wait for me."  She said to him.


Jackson nodded.  "Would you like me to walk you home?" 

"No, I'm going to stay here a bit longer.  You go first."  She replied with a sad smile.

The man scratched his neck before giving in.  "Alright, be careful."  He whispered before walking away.


Ara sighed and looked down at her drink.  It was half-way done.  She put her fists in her cheeks and her elbows on the table while continuing to drink.  I'm still not over him.. It wouldn't have been fair to Jackson.  She told herself with a nod. 

She almost squealed when someone suddenly sat down across from her. 

"Mark?  What's up?"

"Hey.. seemed like Jackson beat me to asking you out."  He laughed a bit in a joking tone.  "Where is he?"


Although Mark's been watching this whole time, he didn't want her to think that he was. 

"Oh.. he went home.  I didn't want him to stay too long.  I drink slowly."  She explained as she pointed to the milkshake.

Mark nodded and clasped his hands together.  "Now then.. Why do you look so down?"


Ara wasn't ready to talk about it again–especially with Mark.  "Nothing, just tired."  She lied.

"How long have we been friends, Ara?  I can see that look in your eyes—tell me the truth."  He instructed.


Ara furrowed her eyebrows.  "Don't talk to me like that."  She said.

Mark nodded and folded his arms.  "Ara, I'm only going to tell you this once, so listen up."  He sat up straight.

She was confused but perked her ears anyway.


"Go Ara, it has come to my attention that you are single and most likely ready for a serious relationship,"  Mark knew better, "so I would like to ask you if you would give me a chance."


Ara let the straw in fall.  "Wh-what?"  She was speechless.

Mark coughed.  "Think it over, Miss Go."  He whispered while standing.  "Might want to consult Sara, sisters always know best."


She watched him walk away from the table and into the street of people.  She pursed her lips before turning to her drink.  I thought.. he liked Sara..  She shook her head and grabbed her drink.  I told her that she could have him.


She walked her way to her a Sara's apartment.  Seeing the girl at her desk, she puts her hand on Sara's shoulder.  "What did you tell Mark?"

Sara took her glasses off.  "Nothing?"


Ara saw honesty in her sister's eyes.  "I thought Mark likes you."  She mumbled while folding her arms.

Sara sighed.  "'As a little sister', he said."  She quoted him.  "If you still like him, Unnie, now's your chance."  She gave a smile.


Ara sighed and ran a hand through her hair.  "Never would I have thought that our lives would be this dramatic.."  She muttered. 

"It's quite fun, actually."  Sara admitted.  "I think you two look good together." 


Ara smiled and nodded.  "I'll sleep on it."



***


"Scalpel."  Mark was speaking.  "How's the breathing?"

"Normal, Sir."  Jackson said.

"Scissors."  Mark asked.


"Miss Go,"  Mark started as he moved his hands, "have you given any thought?"

Ara was surprised at the sudden conversation.  "Of-of course, but I don't think we should talk about dating in the operation room."  She stuttered.


All heads turn toward her.  "I was talking about the way you handed me the scissors just now."  Mark stated, showing her that she handed them blade-first to him.

"Ohh.."  Ara looked down at the table cloth.

Mark laughed a bit as he continued the surgery.  "I am curious though,"  He said, "would you like to date me?"

The other team members paid attention to both the surgery and the conversation.  Jackson especially had his hearing focused.

"I think so, Sir.  But.."

"I'm sorry for the heart-break."  Mark suddenly said as he completed the work he needed to do.  "Please stitch him up."  He requested as he stepped away from the table.


Ara moved to his place while threading the woman's arm.  He's such an idiot..  She smiled as she finished sewing.



 


I feel like I didn't put enough drama in this..
But hopefully you liked it~  I'm sorry for the wait.

<3