Her Mask

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Deedee101

Pairing
(EXO) Kai x Dianne (OC)


Genres
Romance, Fluff, Idol!Au

Plot
This takes place during SuperM promotion - Dianne is their choreographer (Jopping). During the weeks and months Kai formed feelings for her that grew into something he can't control. She is also replying to him, though she holds herself back. He decided to approach her and confess her. (She is Noona)

Author
Charlot1081

 

 

 

 

 

 

     Kai followed Baekhyun and Taemin to a new practice room.  It had the name of the new group that SM Entertainment was going to launch.  The three looked at each other when they saw four members from NCT.  There was Taeyong, the leader, Mark, Ten, and Lucas.  They sat down on the floor with them and exchanged a few hello's.  Then a man came in with a woman.

 

"Hello, I will be the manager for our new project, SuperM."  Mr. Kim started.  "This will be your choreographer, Dianne, who is from LA."  He introduced.

 

She bowed to the boys.  She had a mask on, but they could tell she had a soft smile on.  "I hope we can work together to make a great debut."  She said.

 

The men got familiar with the concept.  They haven't recorded just yet, but the sample song was playing throughout the practice room.  The members were in awe with how Dianne was dancing.  Her moves flowed so well to the song.

 

"So lastly I will dance as Kai."  She said, turning the music on once more.

 

Kai watched her moves ever so delicately.  By the second chorus, he was at her side dancing.  She laughed as he followed along with a few flaws.  However, He had accidently bumped into her shoe, making her fall.  Kai acted quickly and held her waist.

 

"OoOOO!"  Taemin and howled.

 

"Scandalous, Hyung!"  Mark said.

 

Taeyong and Baekhyun shook their heads at the younger boys.  Kai looked into her eyes.  He could see the blush on her face, even if she was wearing a mask.  "Let's continue, Miss Dianne."  He insisted.

 

She nodded and melted into the song once more.  He tried following along, however, it became a little too complex to keep up with.  Once the song was finished, the members clapped their hands.  "Dude, she just danced that song seven times with seven different foot movements."  Mark commented.  "That's what's up."  He pointed.

 

Baekhyun hummed.  "She's not a choreographer for nothing."  He said.

 

"Hyung, that's crazy."  Taemin said, sipping on his soda.

 

Dianne pulled her mask down and held up a little fan.  "So that was it for today."  She said.  "We made videos for you guys to practice on your own; however, you will be recording the song tomorrow."  She continued.

 

Mr. Kim smiled and thanked the girl.  "Please make sure you give your thanks to Miss Dianne."  He reminded.

 

Each member walked up to her and bowed, giving a small thank you.  Kai bowed to her.  "You look cuter with your mask on."  He winked.  "I liked seeing your big eyes, but I did like seeing your cute smile under your mask too."  He included.

 

Dianne went blushing again.  "Sir."  She put her hand up.  "You're welcome for today's lesson.  Please be prompt for our next practices."  She said.

 

Kai chuckled.  "Okay, Noona."  He waved.


 

She let out a breath as he left the room.


 

***

 

Kai looked forward to the practices they had on Jopping.  He got to be with familiar artists like his bandmate Baekhyun and one of his best friends, Taemin.  He also got to be with some of the junior group members too.  It was a mix that he enjoyed and found to be fun.  He also enjoyed watching Dianne dance.  She did the dance so effortlessly.  She danced it so many times without heavily breathing.

 

"Okay,"  She started as she clapped her hands once, "that was the last time I'm going to show you.  Now you all show me."  She continued.  "Show me what you all can do, and try singing at the same time."  She challenged them.

 

Mark was definitely one that was having a hard time, but Taeyong and Taemin were flying through it.  Baekhyun and Kai stumbled a couple times, however.  She first went to Taemin, making sure he didn't break his valuable .  She then walked up to Kai, who was drinking from his water bottle.

 

"Is everything okay?"  She asked, putting a hand on his shoulder.

 

Kai liked the touch she gave him, it was very protective and caring.  "I'm fine, thank you."  He said.  "I just want to say, you are an amazing instructor."  He commented.

 

Dianne blushed through her mask and looked down.  "I'm just doing my job."  She was modest.

 

"And your job is so good."  He said.  "The way you help protect the members, that's really good mother material."  He continued.  "I would want that for my children." 

 

Dianne stepped back.  "Okay, Mr. Flirt."  She chuckled.  "Back to work.. And I'll think about what you said."  She included.

 

"Think about me too, Noona."  Kai instructed.

 

She shook her head and motioned them to get back into formation and start the song over again.  Kai found out what it was.  It wasn't that he was interested in the new girl and what she could do in the way of dancing; no, he was attracted to what all she has done and shown.  That cheesy kind of romance, huh?  He chuckled to himself.  If I'm falling, I'll take her down with me.  He concluded.


 

***

 

The members were getting ready for their first performance.  Dressed in their stage attire, they took turns getting their hair and makeup done.  Kai was looking in the mirror.  He checked all sides out: his good side and his better side.  He took the container of gel from the hairstylist and did what he wanted to do with it.  She did give him a look, but didn't stop him.

 

"Got a hot date?"  Dianne asked, walking up behind him.

 

He turned and looked down at her.  "Only if you're the date, Noona."  He winked.

 

She huffed and held her hips.  "Tell you what, you're a cute boy."  She started.  "If you guys get first place, I'll let you take me to dinner."  She said.  "If you guys don't, I'll take you to dinner."  She insisted.

 

Kai raised his eyebrows.  "With either outcome, I get to spend a relaxing evening with a fair lady."  He weighed his options.  "It's a deal, Ma'am."  He bowed.

 

She chuckled and shook her head, watching him put his fingers through his bangs to form the hairstyle he wanted.  "Let's see how it goes.  Good luck."  She patted his back.


 

The results came in and Jopping didn't get first place.  However, they did get high numbers.  Kai looked down at the girl with a smirk.  He could tell she was smirking, even if she was wearing a mask.  "My treat."  She said, knowing that it hurt Kai's pride a little.

 

Kai doesn't mind her being independent, he just imagined their first date to be him treating her.  "So date number one?"  He asked.

 

She looked up at him with semi-wide eyes.  "Date one?  It's bold to assume that I have feelings for you, Sir."  She said, crossing her arms.

 

"Well I like you,"  He started, "so even if you don't like me, I'm sure I can convert you into a hardcore Kai stan."  He winked.

 

She was practically weak with comebacks at this point.  She hummed and looked ahead.  "Where do you want to go?"  She asked.

 

"My hotel room."  Kai said.

 

She snapped her head, looking at him.  "No."  She refused.

 

"Relax, I was joking."  He put his hands up.  "No, I was hoping we could just get something light at the diner a little bit from our dorm."  Kai turned serious.

 

She smiled and nodded.  "I approve."  She agreed.  "Let's make our way there before we're forced into having a big meal with the company."  She chuckled evilly.

 

"Oh Noona, such a bad example."  He laughed, following her out of the building.

 

She took his hand and started skipping with him.  He laughed along, feeling the evening breeze hit his face.  The sidewalk wasn't too busy, and the people who were there, stepped out of the way for the young couple's frollicking.  When they stopped in front of the diner, they looked at each other.

 

In an instant, both parties broke into laughter.  "After you, my lady."  Kai opened the door.

 

"Oh why thank you, kind sir."  Dianne did a curt bow before entering the quiet establishment.

 

They seated themselves and looked at the menu.  "You know, you really made me feel younger today."  Dianne commented.  "There's always something about youth that I regret not having."  She said.

 

Kai titled his head.  "What do you mean?"  He asked.

 

Dianne first called out what she wanted to eat.  Kai did the same thing, getting a nod from the man at the stove.  "When I was little, my dad had a dance studio and my mother did ballet because her mother did ballet."  She started.  "And because I was an only child, they told me that I needed to dance too."  She continued.

 

Kai hummed and held the bottle of water he picked up when they entered the diner.  "I feel that, I've been dancing for a long time too."  He said.  "But with every new dance comes a new experience; I would have never met you if I never learned the choreography of Jopping."  He gave an example.

 

She smiled.  "And I wouldn't have met a sweet, young man."  Dianne commented.

 

Kai blushed; she liked seeing him blush too.  Dianne went to take her mask off as she stood up.  He watched her get their orders followed by paying for the meal.  "So that means no dessert?"  Kai asked.

 

"Hm?"  Dianne sat down.

 

"You paid already, so no dessert?"  Kai asked again.

 

She chuckled.  "You can get dessert at the dorm, Silly."  She said, breaking her chopsticks.

 

Kai smirked and copied the action.  "So I do have to admit, I was shy at first."  Kai started.  "But I really do like you."  He said.

 

She looked up from the fried noodles with raised eyebrows.  "I know."  She said.  "That's why I kept my mask on, so you would forget about me."  She continued.

 

Kai shook his head.  "I might not have seen your smile regularly, but your beautiful eyes always captured my attention."  He said, holding his chest.

 

She blushed and looked down at her food.  "Shut up and eat."  She commanded.

 

"Yes, Noona.."  Kai teasingly pouted before blowing on his noodles.


 

It was silent for another moment.  "I love you too."  She said before pushing a lump of chicken into .


Kai smiled and reached across the table, holding the hand that she had on the table.  They made eye contact for a moment, maybe a few minutes; they both had the same statement in their eyes: I love you.  Even with them breaking eye contact and eating, their hearts continued to beat together.

 

 

 

Hey~
I'm sorry if it wasn't fluffy enough.
You already know why XD
But I hope that you enjoyed it.  It was interesting to write, honestly.
I hope that it wasn't too cliché.
Thank you for requesting!
<3