She's a Worthy Worker

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Colicolihoney


Pairing
(EXO) Oh Sehun and Nami (OC)


Genres
Romance and Fluff

[Contains a few curse words]


Plot
Sehun is a cold-heart CEO of a big company in Korea. He rarely talks to anyone in his company with normal tone.
He usually scolds them to get their jobs done perfectly. When Kang Nami starts working at Sehun's company,
she breaks all his working standard and gets him to fall in love with her.
Nami is carefree yet so passionate about her work.


 



Sehun walked into the office with a cup of coffee in his hand.  He looked over the attendance of the second floor and made sure everyone punched in their timecard at their respected times.  He noted that five came into work late and went on an early lunch break.  He sighed and took his phone out.  He dialed the floor manager's number and held the phone to his ear.

"Get your over here."  He spoke into the phone before tapping the 'end call' button. 

Sehun hated waiting so long, but he knew that the manager was probably on the other side of the floor dealing with people's crap.  He knows he can't fire the manager due to there not being a valid replacement.  He wouldn't call this manager dependable, nor the best qualified.  However, he doesn't want to run it his ownself.

The skinny man was running along the isle of cubicals and made it to Sehun.  He gained his breath while putting his glasses up.


"Is there something wrong, sir?"  He asked in a shaky tone.

"Mr. Kim, have you seen the timecards for today?"  Sehun asked in a rather annoyed tone.

The manager looked down at the bland, gray carpet with a sigh.  "I'm sorry, Sir, there was-"

"You're supposed to look at the timecard every hour on the hour!"  Sehun said, stomping his foot.  "I don't pay you
200 million a year to sit on your , and play technical support." 


Sehun fought splashing his piping hot coffee in the manager's face.  "Kim Jong-Dae, get your act together before I fire you."  He said in a mad tone. 


"Y-yes, Sir.."  He said with a formal bow.  He took the timecard sheets from Sehun and left the CEO's presence.


Sehun shook his head and walked to the next floor.  He saw that the floor manager there was taking care of things he needed to.  He decided to skip floors three and four, and went to his floor - floor five.  He walked out of the elevator to see some construction going on outside his office. 

He saw that there was a desk and a few electricians working on some things - computers and a phone line.  He squinted his eyes before turning to the person who just walked out of the other elevator. 

"Ah, Mr. Oh, you're here,"  she said with a smile, "may we talk in your office?"


Sehun nodded and led the way.  He opened the door for her and let her sit down at the table.  This woman wasn't anyone he could yell at - nope, this was his mother.  She would always have fun and call her son 'Mr. Oh,' or 'CEOh.'  He bit his tongue as she was talking a lot about how he doesn't keep up his office.

"Oh well, boys are always just dirty - wealthy or poor."  She said with a click of her tongue.


"Is there something you need, Mother?  Or did you want to do office inspection?"  He gave attitude.

She snapped her fingers at him.  "Don't talk to me like that,"  she gave an upset glare.


He lowered his head and looked the other way.

"Anywho, you're probably wondering why there's so much happening outside the office without anyone telling you, am I correct?"

He raised his head with a slight nod.

"I've decided that you have way too much on your plate.  I've found a cute secretary that will help you with your appointments and will help you gather reports of certain things.  She'll be much of a help, dear.  Especially while you're out on business trips." 

He folded his arms.  "I don't need a secretary.."  He mummbled.


She slapped her hand against the table.  "I've already hired her!  She's working here for at least two years.  She signed a contract, and that's final!"


Anyone listening in would know exactly where Sehun got his temperment.  He sighed in defeat, and she sat back with a proud smile.  She was the only woman who could get under her skin. 


It was the next day, and everything was set up for the secretary.  Sehun was sitting in his office when the door was knocked on.  He sighed and put his coffee down and made a mark at where he was last reading over some materials. 

"Come in."


The door was opened.  A girl came into the room with a small smile.  Her hair was brown and put up in a pony tail that showed off how long it was.  She had a long skirt on with a business jacket.  She had a pair of 1/2" heals on along with no jewelry on her hands. 

"Hello, I'm Kang Nami."  She bowed.

Sehun sat back with an unamused frown.  "I don't want you here."

"Your mother hired me.  I used to work on floor three."  She kept her game-smile on her features as she kept her stance firm.

He rolled his eyes.  "You'll never come in here unless I call you.  But I won't need you in here because I can do work by myself."  He stood up and put his hands in his pockets.

"Besides, how did a girl from the worst floor become my secretary?" 


She smirked.  "Maybe because your mother wanted to chose a girl who wouldn't take from an entitled CEO."

His mad glare turned into jelly.  His eyebrows twitched as she kept a playful smirk on her lips.  He swallowed his spit and even began to sweat a bit on the back of his neck. 

"D-don't talk to me like that.."

"Stuttering now?"  She asked while keeping her hands behind her back.

"LEAVE!"  He yelled in a cracked voice.

"As you wish, Sir.  I will be back with the floor assessments and insurance bill within three minutes." 


He was left speechless as the door closed silently behind her.  He wiped the sweat off of his forehead before sitting back down on the chair.  He looked down at the paper work he'd been reading for the past hour and forgot all about what it said earlier.  Took a sip of coffee closed his eyes.


Why am I acting this way?  She just needs to learn her place!


Within three minutes, there as a knock at the door.  No way..  The door opened and Nami walked in with a smile.  It's as if that event earlier didn't take place.

"Here you go, Sir.  Please do call me when if you need me.  You also have an appointment in thirty minutes with building B's manager about the stocks and trade."  She gave the information before bowing once again. 


She left the room and left him speechless.  She's doing so well, and it's only the first day.  How does someone from the third floor become so.. hardworking?    He pulled out last month's reports and looked at her file.  He noticed that she had the least amount of problems on her name. 

He didn't even know her existance until now.  She may be the one and only person here that is actually worthy to be here...  He widened his eyes at his thought.  "Wh-what?  No!  Why would I ever thing that!"  He scolded himself.  "No one here is worth any of my time."



It was just a week later.  Sehun must say, he's quite impressed with Nami's work.  She takes her job so seriously - showing to work before the scheduled time, giving reports when needed, and even making sure Sehun was comfortable with his office arrangement.  Sehun feels like half of his job was taken, but taken by someone he can actually rely on.

However, not everything makes him feel happy.  He feels like he's not needed anymore and is just a lazy person sitting in an office.  He clenches his fists as he realized that his mother must be trying to get under his skin - a prank - a joke.  He pressed a button on the landline that signaled Nami to come to his office.


She looked at the light on the phone and instantly stood up.  She straightened her jacket and made sure that she had no lint on her skirt.  She cleared as she walked up to the door.  She opened the door and bowed to Sehun.

"You needed me, Sir?"

But just then, Sehun's anger melted.  His temperment was as if it were a marshmallow in a cup of coffee.  He swallowed his spit while trying to come up with the words.  He could tell that she was becoming worried.

"Uh.. hey, don't make that face."  He said softly while standing up.

He walked up to her and tucked some of her bangs behind her ear.  "I.. uhm.."  He was still at a loss for words.

"Sir?" 

"I'd like you to come to lunch." 

She widened her eyes.  "Sir, I've never been to a company lunch.  I'm sure I will mess up the sale with the Hong Kong branch."  She lowered her head.

Something about her timid attitude made his blood boil.  "You're going if I say you're going, understood?"

She nodded and bowed once more before leaving the office.  Sehun stomped his foot on the ground.  How could I just freeze like that?  How could I ask her to lunch?  Why did I forget about today's lunch meeting?  Everything was mixing in his mind as he can't get his thoughts away from the girl.



They made it to the lunch meeting.  Four men were sitting at the table, representing the Hong Kong branch of the company.  Sehun saw Nami shaking a bit.

"Don't worry, just act how you do when you're talking to me."  He whispered in her ear.

Nami froze as her cheeks heated up.  They ordered their food and started talking about the business. 

"Ah, Sehun, it's good to see you finally got yourself a girlfriend."  A man said with a wink.

"G-g-"

"Yes, Sir.  He's much nicer at home."  Nami said with a smile.

Sehun couldn't believe his heart - it started beating out of control.  I'm not nervous or scared.. what could it be?  He felt her hand hold his, linking their fingers.

"Well, Sehun?  Give the cute girl a kiss!"  The table cheered.


Sehun's cheeks turned red and he looked at Nami who had a sweet smile.  Is she enjoying this?  He leaned down and cupped her cheek.  Am I enjoying this?  Their lips come together, making the table cheer once more (getting glares from other tables). 


The meeting ended with great results - Hong Kong is going to renew their contract and keep the business going.  The two make it back to the office without a word.

"Can we talk?"  Sehun asked as he put his hand on the door knob to his office.

Nami looked at him with a nod.  They walk into Sehun's office and sit at the table there.  "What's it about, Sir?"


Sehun's heart kept beating to the point he knew that he had to speak what it wanted.  "About earlier.."

"I'm sorry about that, I got a bit carried away."  She covered her smile with her hand. 

"No.. it's fine.."  He gave a soft tone that was waaayy too soft.  "I..  I liked it."


Nami widened her eyes.  "Really?"  Receiving a nod, her cheeks flush again.  "Well.. I wouldn't mind if I actually could be your girlfriend."



"I wouldn't mind either."



 


I feel bad - the story wasn't fluffy nor romantic enough.
This is all I could come up with, however.  I didn't want you to have wait longer for the same result.
If you'd like a refund on your kp, please do say so. 
Thank you for requesting - you're more than welcome to request again.
<3