Camping Game

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
SHINeeMe08


Pairing
(BtoB) Sungjae x Bomi (Apink)



Genres
Romance


Plot
Sungjae is a big fan of Bomi and Bomi is a big fan of Sungjae, they both know about it. And because of that their friendship grows until it became love.


Author
Charlot1081


 



 

   In the dorm, Sungjae scrolls on his phone screen.  He turned to lay on his stomach as he went through a fansite.  He looked at the latest pictures of Bomi, his crush of three years.  They text on a regular basis, already making them friends and know each other quite well.  He giggles when he sees a picture of her giving the photographer a heart and a wink, imagining those things are for him.

 

He kicked his legs as he pressed the like button on the image.  "She's so cute~~"  He cooed as he went through more pictures. 

 

For a moment, Sungjae forgot he was an artist.  It's always like this.  He acts all professional all day and at events.  He doesn't smile at the thought or mention of Bomi.  He doesn't get affected by Apink's comebacks when they are mentioned near him.  He doesn't even blush when they walk by each other.

 

But once the cameras are off, he turns into a fanboy.  Once the schedules are finished and he's at home, he's in his fantasy world.  Once he's safe and sound in his room, free to act however he wants, he turns softer than a marshmallow.  Fansites make it easy for him to keep up with the girls' activities, but one thing that has him squealing is when she texts him.

 

He looked at the notification and breathed in and out.  "Don't want to seem desperate, do we?"  He giggled as he waited a minute or two to look at the message.

 

However, his attention turned to his manager's voice from outside the door.  "Sungjae, I need you out here.  We're having a meeting."  He said, making Sungjae pout.

 

He put his phone on the nightstand and exited his room.  He looked at the other members as they knew that he was busy stalking his idol.  The members weren't numb to the fact that Sungjae has a thing for Bomi.  But the manager is clueless.

 

"We're trying to come up with ideas for promoting the group this summer."  The manager said, taking out his tablet to write notes on.  "I want everyone's input.”

 

Sungjae didn't need to think too much.  The other members staying silent while thinking made it easy for Sungjae to come up with something.  "How about we do a sports show?"  He suggested.

 

Other than Bomi, Sungjae likes to get his blood pumping.  "Sports?"  Eunkwang's attention was captured by the idea.

 

"Yeah, I've been itching to play laser tag lately."  Sungjae smiled.  "Maybe we can compete against another group.  Perhaps Twice, Apink, or Itzy."  He slipped Apink in there.

 

The other members saw what he did.  Peniel smirked.  "Apink sounds fun, we have lots of fun with them."  He said.

 

The manager nodded and took his phone out.  "I'll contact their manager and see if we can get a match then."  He smiled.  "Until then, everyone needs to come up with backup plans, okay?"  He looked at the other members who silently agreed.


 

***

 

The next evening, Apink was briefed on what the managers were discussing. Naeun looked at the other girls and nudged Bomi's shoulder.

 

"You know, that cute guy Sungjae is going to be you opponent."  She commented, giving a teasing smile.

 

Bomi blushed a little and looked at the girls who smiled, knowing how much it bothers Bomi to talk about him.  "He's a friend, okay?  He texts me friendly messages."  She waved off those smiles.

 

Eunji nodded.  "Mhm, we see his flirty texts."  She said.  "Why not do a little flirting while we're playing?"  She suggested.

 

Bomi breathed in and out.  "Seriously!  We're just friends."  She put her hands up.  "Can a boy and girl be just friends?  Don't embarrass me."  She pleaded, putting her hands together and shutting her eyes.

 

Hayoung smirked.  "Alright, you win.  He's only a friend."  She said.  "But you guys can always change that if you want."  She said while looking off to the side, smirking at the girl's squeal.

 

"I can't handle this anymore."  Bomi looked at them.  "Namjoo, you find Peniel cute, right?"  She turned the conversation on the other girl.

 

Namjoo widened her eyes.  "I told you that I'm a fan of Hyunsik!"  She said defensively.  "And I would totally say yes if he asked me on a date, thank you very much."  She put her nose up.

 

Bomi rolled her eyes and shook her head.  "You girls are pointless..  I just want to go head to head against boys and show them what girls can do."  She said with power in her stance.  "They'll be sorry they messed with us."  She said, assuming victory.

 

"If you really think that's how it is, you go ahead."  Yookyung said, filing her nails.


 

***

 

The day of the laser tag competition came and the groups went to the park.  Having cameras set everywhere, as well as a body camera, the members all look at each other.

 

"Hello, we're here today to play a very fun game of laser tag,"  Eunkwang started, "we'll be having a friendly competition together as we are taking a break from our activities."  He continued.

 

Chorong stepped forward.  "The clock is set on an hour,"  She said, "if the timer goes out and not all of the members on the opposing team are out, then the team with the more members left is the winner."  She told the camera.

 

The girls clapped together.  "Jjak jjak, Chopak!"  They did their group cheer.

 

The boys do a spin.  "Boys for the win, Ssam Go-gi~"  The boys raised a cheering ist in the air.

 

"What kind of name is that?"  Bomi laughed, looking at the members.

 

Sungjae had a serious expression, holding his hips.  "The winner gets meat, and I'm starving."  He said, looking at the girl.

 

"Alright,"  Eunkwang clapped his hands, "let's go to our bases.  Remember, one hour on the clock.  Good luck."  He looked at his boys before the girls.



 

Once the timer goes off, Sungjae walks around a little.  He notices Eunji looking in the mirror absentmindedly.  He aims and fires at her.  "An easy win."  He smirks as she looks around for who shot her.

 

He then walked to a small place where there was only one entrance.  Deciding that he'll wait for the clock, he sat down and cracked his neck.  About to get comfortable, he sees a pink boot on the edge of the corner.

 

"Don't sneak, I see you."  Sungjae said, having his gun ready to shoot the girl.

 

Bomi peaked her head and smiled.  "Hi."  She waved.


 

"Oh.. Hi."  He noticed her gun was down.  "You want to camp too?  I think Hyunsik and Naeun are taking this way too seriously."  She chuckled, sitting down next to him.


 

He pursed his lips while his heart was running faster than a bullet train.  The cameras on them didn't occur to him at this point.  "Yeah.. I was really excited for this game, but you know, sometimes I want the stealthier ones to have more fun than me."  He said, putting his hands in his lap.

 

She nodded and looked down at the ground.  "You know, when our manager said we'd be playing a game, I kinda wished you and I could be on the same team."  She said with slightly-blushed cheeks.

 

"Oh?  Why's that?"  He asked with a confident smirk.  "You know that I'll win?"  He asked.

 

Bomi laughed and shrugged.  "I don't know.. I just find you to be a good teammate, that's all."  She said.

 

"What?  A good teammate for camping away from the action?"  He asked.

 

"I'd say we at least have one thing in common."  She joked.

 

Sungjae laughed and looked down as he brought his knees to his chest.  "I just wish we had more.."  He said with a forced smile.

 

Bomi raised her eyebrows.  "Well, what do you think you have that I don't?"  She asked, nudging him a little.

 

Her little smile encouraged him.  His heart started beating faster as he watched the woman's eyes, telling him it's okay to tell her what's so different about him.  "I like you."  He said softly, knowing that their friendship is over in just that short of a sentence.

 

Bomi's smile didn't go down.  "I like you too, we're friends."  She said calmly.  "I always look forward to your funny, sudden texts." 

 

He could stay friend-zoned, but he felt the need to empty his heart.  "No, I like you as in I want to date you."  He said, a serious expression painting his face.

 

"Me?  You want to date me?"  She asked, holding her chest in shock.  "I..I don't know what to say."  She smiled.


 

Sungjae puts down his gun as he leans closer to the girl.  Bomi put her gun down too, leaning closer and closing the space between them.  They close their eyes together, kissing each other's lips softly and slowly.


 

"Hah!  Got you!"  Peniel said, shooting the girl. 

 

"And I got you!"  Chorong said, shooting Sungjae at the same time.

 

Sungjae looked at them in surprise as he watched Peniel shooting Chorong instantly.  "Woohoo!  Our team wins!"  Eunkwang said as he ran into the sectioned off place.  "Woah, what's happening here?"  He asked with a raised eyebrow.


 

The couple look at each other with blushed cheeks.  "Looks like someone's avoiding fighting and instead getting their first kiss on live broadcast."  Yoongkyung laughed.


 

"This is live?!"  Bomi asked with wide eyes, looking at the cameras.

 

Hyunsik chuckled.  "I guess that part escaped you."  He said, waving at one of the cameras.


 

"That would have been embarrassing if you rejected me.."  Sungjae muttered.


Bomi looked up at him and huffed. 



"Round two!!"  She shouted.

 


 

I'm not completely satisfied with this one, I don't know why.
I always see Sungjae as that playful guy from School 2015.
Maybe there wasn't enough of the game or friendship moments betweent them..
Nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed the story!
Thank you for requesting <3