Protection

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Nissye


Pairing
(Ateez) Jongho x Hongjoong
(OC) Wooseok

Genres
Friendship, Angst


Hongjoong has to work with an old classmate who bullied and abused him in high school. When Wooseok(the bully) start to abuse him again he decided that he want stay quiet again so he ask s for help while the manager report everything to the CEO of KQ. Wooseok never though that Hongjoong's friends would stood up for him and little he knew that Jongho was more than a friend and really protective.

Author
Charlot1081

 

 

 

 

 

    Hongjoong and Jongho walked to the audition room together.  With their name tags, they had suits on.  Today, the pair are going to be judging auditions.  They always pick out their backup dancers and background vocals for their promotions.  Usually the dancers stay the same.  However, a couple from their group had to go due to their family needing help in another city.

 

So today was really important for the group.  The two go through twenty entries.  Hongjoong stared at one of the performers.  His name is Wooseok.  Instantly, images from years ago flashed before him..


 

Hongjoong as a highschool student wanted to make friends and help out with kids that didn't quite understand the teacher's assignments.   Of course, this got him some unwanted attention.  Some students were jealous, others were annoyed.  One that hated Hongjoong’s lighthearted attitude was Wooseok.  He always watched Hongjoong be helpful and nice.  He hated it.

 

At the end of every day, Wooseok shoved Hongjoong down a few steps.  Hongjoong would land on his palms.  It was evident that Wooseoks bullying brought tears and a frown to Hongjoongs positive attitude.  He liked seeing Hongjoong suffer.

 

In Wooseoks eyes, he had no permission to be so happy.  Hongjoong was a poor student, yet he still smiled and helped out lazy students.  That's what Wooseok saw. And once they graduated and went separate ways, Wooseok could live in peace.


 

Hongjoong cleared his breath.  "Your dancing is great.  However, we have five other dancers to see."  He said.  "Please wait until Monday for us to have made a decision."  He continued, looking into Wooseoks eyes. 

 

Wooseok bowed and walked out if the room.  Jongho smiled and leaned closer.  "He's really good.  Him and Eunji would make a good duo."  He commented.  "What do you think?" He asked.

 

Hoongjoong played with his pen.  "I guess.."  he muttered.

 

"Are you okay, Hyung?" He asked.

 

"I told you not to call me that when it's just us."  Hongjoong said with a pout.

 

Jongho sighed and leaned closer to hug Hongjoong.   "Just in case anyone is listening.."  He whispered.

 

Hongjoong hummed.  "I just have a headache. Whoever you choose, I'll agree. "  he said.

 

Jongho nodded.  "Okay.."  He sighed.  "Next!"  He called out.

 

***

The auditions are finished.  Hongjoong headed to the bathroom while Jongho cleaned up.  When he entered the bathroom, he saw Wooseok washing his hands.  They made eye contact.  "You're doing well."  Wooseok commented as he dried his hair.  "Don't pretend that you don't recognize me. " he continued.

 

Hongjoong watched him lock the bathroom door. "Let's put the past behind us.  I forgive you."  He forced out.

 

Wooseok huffed.  "I don't forgive you." He said, punching Hongjoong in the stomach.  He smirked when Hongjoong whined.  "You don't deserve to smile, poor boy." He grumbled.

 

Hongjoong looked up at the other. "Are you well to do then? Is it that a satin cloth is wringing out a rag?"  He asked.

 

"It's not your business. "  Wooseok answered before kicking Hongjoong’s shin. "I'll see you Monday. '' He said before leaving the bathroom.


 

***

 

Wooseok and Eunji were added onto the team.  Months passed by with Wooseok bullying Hoongjoong behind the scenes. It was only five days before Ateez had their South American tour.  Yeosang went to the stereo and blasted their music. The most important song was their comeback song.  Everyone needed to be spot on for this one.  Hongjoong was the captain, Seonghwa was the head of defense, Yunho maintained the sails, Mingi was the lookout, Yeosang watched the back, and Jongho was in charge of the cannons and guns.

 

With each member came a set of backup dancers.  As Hongjoong was his line, Wooseok was dancing behind him.  He held a cloth tight in his hands.  He lifted it up and put it around Hongjoong's neck.

 

"Ack-!" Hongjoong panicked.

 

Wooseok let go of the cloth.  "My mistake."  He said with a smirk.

 

"Yah!"  Mingi yelled out.  "You did that on purpose!"  He pointed.

 

"It's-"

 

Hongjoong was cut off with Mingi walking toward Wooseok.  "I don't know what you're talking about, Punk."  Wooseok replied.

 

Hongjoong pushed Mingi back and got in front of Wooseok.  "It's okay, let's continue."  He said, looking into Wooseok's eyes.

 

The other male had a smirk.  Meanwhile, Wooyoung narrowed his eyes on the men.  "Hyung, maybe we should take a break."  He insisted.

 

"No, let's keep going."  Wooseok pushed Hongjoong's shoulders.

 

"Don't touch me."  Hongjoong shoved back.

 

Wooseok threw a punch into Hongjoong's cheek.  Hongjoong grabbed Wooseok's shirt and decked him in the jaw.  They kicked each other and pulled each other's hair.  Meanwhile, Yeosang held his mouth.  He quietly left the practice room and walked down a hallway.  He rushed to the staff office.

 

"Hyung-nim, there's a fight."  He pointed.


 

Hongjoong wiped his bloody lip.  Jongho stepped up and grabbed Wooseok by the neck.  "Don't think we haven't been noticing."  He started.  "Ever since you stepped into this building, I knew for a fact that you were bad news.  Hongjoong-hyung wouldn't be against you if you were innocent."  He said through gritted teeth.

 

Yunho stepped closer.  "We were waiting for you to make a mistake like this."  He said.  "We've told manager Lee about it, otherwise he would already be in the room."  He said.

 

Wooyoung hummed.  "It's all on recording."  He pointed at the camera.

 

Seonghwa turned off the stereo and motioned for the ladies to step back.  "Our messenger should be back any time now."  He said, looking at his phone.

 

Wooseok huffed and looked at Hongjoong.  "You little snitch."  He spat blood on the floor, trying to get out of Mingi's grasp.

 

Hoongjoong lifted his chin.  "I didn't tell them anything.  They just pay attention to me."  He corrected.  "Which.. Thanks guys."  He had a soft smile.

 

Jongho smiled back, walking up to the short leader.  He leaned in and kissed Hongjoong's lips.  "I don't want anything bad happening to you."  He said softly.  "You should have said something back then though.."  He pouted.

 

Hongjoong lifted his eyebrows. "I just.. Okay."  He nodded.

 

Yeosang and the manager walked into the dance room.  "There he is."  Yeosang pointed.  "I told you that Wooseok was a demon."  He said.

 

Wooseok elbowed Mingi.  "Congrats, Hongjoong.  You have a group of people that actually care about you."  He said.  "Unlike at school.  You were so pathetic back then."  He continued.

 

Jongho gripped Wooseok's hair tightly.  "He was living."  He said angrily.  "Now you're the pathetic one."  He threw Wooseok to the floor.  "Let's go, Hyung.  I want the nurse to treat you before your condition worsens."  He took Hongjoong by the wrist.

 

Hongjoong let the other male drag him out.  He smiled as he watched Jongho's red hair bounce while powerfully walking.  "I love you."  He said.

 

Jongho stopped and turned his head.  He looked at Hongjoong in the eyes.  "I love you too, Hyung."  He said with a soft smile.  "Tell me next time.  I'm not letting you get hurt ever again."  He promised. 

 

"Thanks.."  Hongjoong blushed.



 

As for Wooseok, Mingi gladly punched Wooseok in the stomach before security escorted Wooseok out.  "Hell yeah, we're a great team!"  Wooyoung shouted.

 

San put a fighting fist in the air.  "Nothing can break us down."  He said, putting his arm around his twin.  "You were great, Babe."  He flirted.

 

Yunho raised his eyebrows and looked at Seonghwa.  "I'm just glad that idiot is gone."  He sighed in relief.

 

Seonghwa hummed and watched Mingi.  Mingi was looking out of the window with hatred in his eyes.  "I've never seen Mingi this mad though."  He commented quietly.

 

Yunho folded his arms.  "Jongho was really mad too.."  He muttered.  "And honestly, I fought punching that guy too."  He said. 

 

Seonghwa chuckled.  "Let's clean this place up." He instructed.


 

Yeosang hummed with a smile. He looked at the mess and took out his phone.  "Atiny~"  He started a live, "Send lots of love to Hoongjoong-hyung~  He's doing so well for this comeback.'' He said with a cute smile.  "We love you~"  He gave half of a heart with his hand.


 

He then ended it, getting looks from the other members and back-up dancers.

 

 

Yas queen!  Hongjoong has a whole group of people that love and care for him!
Good that Wooseok was taken care of.  And seriously, for our soft Mingi to get so mad *smh*

Thank you so very much for requesting!! *hugs*
<3