A Mature Man

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
SMTownR


Pairing
(GOT7) Mark Tuan x Ara Li (OC)
Kim Taeyeon


Genres
Romance and


Plot

Mark and Ara are arranged to get married as Mark's family hides the fact that he's not gonna live for long.
Ara initially dislikes the idea of getting married to him but as time goes by she falls for him.



Author
Charlot1081

This chapter is marked Mature due to:



"You're marrying him and that's final."  A woman's voice rang in Ara's ears.  The woman would be Ara's mother herself, ending the argument the mother and daughter started up an hour ago.  "It'll bring the families together, it will make the business grow-"


"Do you only care about the family business?  Why didn't you just have another kid if you wanted an heir to the business?"  Ara folded her arms with tears in her eyes.  "My life is going to be over in a few days."


Ara doesn't exactly hate Mark.  Sure they have known each other for a little while; sure they have had really memorable times together; sure he's handsome and well-to-do; but that doesn't mean she wants to spend the rest of her life with him.  She's never found Mark in a romantic sense.  She's never actually found any boy she'd be willing to marry.  And reaching nineteen-years-old, her parents are telling her she needs to get married.

To tie the families, yeah.  So that the business can grow.  Why do I even need to get married right now?  Dad and Mark's dad are still healthy, why do we need to rush for this?  She clicked her tongue and left the room while her mom was still yelling at her.

Ara isn't a rebellious girl.  She listens to her parents most of the time without question.  She listened to them when they said for her to go to college.  Yes, she loves the business the family owns.  It's not a huge business.  It's just a little architect firm on the coast of Jeju Island.  But the families have been friends for years.

Adding Mark's family will mean that there's farming going into the business.  What better way to advertise the firm than to promote farm life and healthy life for children?  Organic crops and clean meat is what every parent wants for their child. 

But that's just not Ara.  She doesn't hate working with Mark on the farm every now and then.  "I can't deal with this.."  She muttered as she held her ears with her palms as she sat down on her bed.

A knock on the window broke her stance, however.  She looked at the window and saw Mark with a smile.  She smiled back and went to the window.  She opened it and sat down on the chair she'd placed there.  "Hey, what's up?"  She asked.

"I heard about your argument with your mom.  I'm sorry.."  He apologized on her behalf.  "We can't change their minds, you know."

Ara nodded and sighed.  "I know, but.."

He leaned in and her hair.  "Don't worry.. the wedding is in a few days, so why don't we get to know each other out of friendship, hm?"  He suggested.  "We've never had a date, you know."

Ara gave a small smile.  "You really want to try?"

"Trying is better than doing nothing and hating the new things we learn about each other while already being married."  He laughed.  "Let's pick and choose thing things we need to change so that we can live peacefully together."  He suggested.


Ara nodded and held his hand.  "Thanks.. I'm so glad you're not the type that is forcefull."  She confessed.

Mark shook his head.  "Never."


"Hey!  Who said you could use my ladder!"  Ara heard her father's voice.

"Whoops~  Gotta go, Ara."  He laughed.  "See you tomorrow!"  He quickly went down the ladder.


She watched out of the window.  She laughed when her dad started chasing after Mark who is holding the tall ladder in his arms.  Maybe it could be worth a shot to get to know him.. I only know his friendly habits.  Maybe he's a really charming guy.  She nodded and closed her window.


***


The next night came and Mark arrived at Ara's house in more formal attire than he normally wears.  He usually sticks to his overals or an old pair of jeans with a plain shirt.  Today, he went a bit classy and is wearing black pants and a button-down, red shirt.  Not the most formal, but still different than his farming clothes.

Ara's father looks the man up and down before nodding.  'You look much better, Mark."  He confirmed as he let the younger male into the house.

"Thank you, Sir. "  Mark bowed.

Ara came down the stairs and instantly grew red cheeks.  She decided to wear a casual pair of jeans and a plain shirt.  She wanted to match with him, but apparently that didn't turn out so well.  She coughed a bit and held her arm.  "Should I change?"  She asked.

Mark laughed a bit and shook his head.  "Not at all.  You're too cute."  He complimented as he linked their arms.  "I better hear your stomach rumbling soon, because we're going to eat something really delicious."

Ara smiled and walked to the door with Mark.  "Is it your grandma's fresh pie?  I could go for that." 

"Not exactly.."  Mark raised his eyebrows.  "I'll bring her back nice and safe before dark, Mr. Li." 

"Right, be careful.  My cellphone is on, so call me if you need anything."  Her father replied in a bit of a worried tone.


How could he not worry though?  He agreed with Ara on some points.  Ara and Mark might have been friends growing up, but it is hard to let his precious daughter be alone with a boy. 

Not but a few minutes later does the front door get knocked on again.  He opened the door and greeted Mark's father.  "Hey there, Raymond." 

"Hey,"  Raymond walked with the other male to the seating room, "I came to talk about Mark and Ara."  He gave his reason for the visit.

"They're out on a date right now."  He said as he sat down on a couch.

Raymond nodded and smiled.  "I know, Mark's using the kitchen tonight.  He asked Dorine and I to give them some time."  He chuckled. 

"Oh really?  Mark can cook?  That's really great.  Ara loves food."  Ara's father chuckled.

Raymond laughed a bit.  "Anywhom, I heard that Ara was wondering why she has to get married so early, even though we're still strong."  He turned to a serious note.  "I will only tell you this."

"What's wrong?"  The other male turned his smile down.


Raymond clicked his tongue.  "Mark doesn't have too much time to live.  He's got a condition.. The doctor said that it doesn't run in families, so we're hoping that they will have a children to take our places."  He explained.

Ara's father looked down at the carpet.  "Why didn't you tell me this before?"  He wondered.

Raymond sighed.  "I'm sorry.. I shouldn't even told you, but.."

"It's alright."  The other man sighed.  "Let's just hope they'll start to accept the marriage soon."



***

Ara watched Mark work around in the kitchen.  The man walked all around and prepared many dishes for her.  She smiled when he laughed.  He laughed because he accidentally spilled some water onto the counter.  She stood up and grabbed a paper towel.

"No, no."  He stopped her and gently held her shoulders.  "You sit down and relax."  He guided her back to her chair.  "You're always helping in the kitchen.  This time I want to make you something all by myself."


She crossed her ankles and rested her elbows on the table.  He continued to cook and made tiny mistakes that got him laughing.  At least he doesn't throw a fit when something doesn't go his way..  She inwardly commented.  Her father rarely helps in the kitchen because he's not nearly patient enough.  He doesn't like to take his time with delicate processes.  It's too girly to be careful in the kitchen, but Mark is looking really handsome.

She almost judged herself for having that thought.  But Mark is presenting himself really maturely today. 



In fact, for the next couple days he's beenpresenting himself a lot more attractive.  Ara can't believe how in the matter of a few days, he's already won her heart.  She knows him to be playful and all, but he's been taking getting married seriously.  She could tell that he's accepted the fact that they're getting married no matter what.  He just wants it ot be easy on Ara.  He wants her to feel welcome in his life, even though he doesn't have a choice.

"Why can't time skip..?"  Ara wondered as she put her mom's earrings in her earring holes. 

"I know, the wedding will get over and then you two don't have to care about each other."  Her mother said as she took out her makeup palette.


Ara blushed and looked down at the white dress.  She felt the soft material before shaking her head.  "No, mom.. I want the wedding to come so I can see Mark."  She looked down at her ring that her father gave to her when she became an adult.  "I've changed my mind, I want him."


Her mother almost dropped the makeup as she jaw dropped.  "Your joking."  She sat down next to Ara.  "What made you change your mind?"  She wondered as she put Ara's hair back.

Ara pursed her lips until her mother motioned her to stop.  "Well, he's really been.. attractive lately.  I don't know.. He's like a different person now."  She tried to explain.  "Not different as in he changed his whole life, but.."

"Mature,"  Her mother started on Ara's eye makeup, "he's a mature man.  He's not stomping on mud puddles with you anymore.  He's holding your hand so you don't slip into the mud puddle."  She demonstrated.

"Yeah..  Like that."  Ara agreed before her lips were worked on.

The makeup is light, not caked on.  Ara still looked like Ara.  "Thank you mom.."  She smiled.

"One last thing,"  Her mother opened a small case, "my mother wanted me to wear her mother's necklace at my wedding.  So I want you to wear it too."  She put the beads and chains around Ara's neck.

"Grandad gave it to her as an engagement piece.  He wanted to be unique."  She laughed.  "Oh it looks so beautiful on you!  My girl is growing up!"  She hugged Ara.


Ara smiled and put her arms around her mother.  "Thank you, Mom."  She whispered.  "Oh, it's almost time."  She saw the clock. 

"Right, put on your heels.  I'll text your father so he knows you're not ditching."  Her mother laughed as she pulled her phone out.


The wedding was beautiful.  The flowers were picked this morning, matching with her beautiful, flowing dress.  The men were wearing formal suits and the women were wearing soft colors to compliment Ara's bright dress.

She saw Mark at the end of the isle.  His hair was done neatly and his face was clear from any work from the farm.  He looked mature.  He was a new, matured man, and Ara can't believe this was hiding behind that playful boy.  She loves Mark's playful side, but his mature side is much more attractive in this sort of atmosphere.

She thought he wasn't going to take any of this seriously.  She thought he wasn't going to put thought in their relationship that will last until they die.  She thought he didn't like her.

But boy was she wrong.  And she can't help but smile over her inaccuracies.  She held his hand and let him help her up the step.

They shared vows and kissed, making the families and friends clap loudly.  The food the families prepared together were wonderful too. 

Ara loved the day, and so did Mark.  They spoke all throughout the wedding and didn't stop laughing once.  However, they were silent as they stepped foot in their new home.

The home isn't too far away from the companies, but they had it all to themselves.


They look at each other awkwardly as the night progressed to them being showered and well fed.  Mark coughed and looked down at the plain carpet. 

"Hey.. we don't have to do anything tonight."  He said as he clasped his hands together.  "Honestly.. I'm pretty scared too."  He laughed a bit.

She swallowed harshly.  "You're scared?"

"Well yeah.  I've never thought about doing anything like that or.. I don't have any experience."  He was honest as he sat down on the bed next to her.  "It's all so new to me."

Ara blushed and looked down at her knees.  "Looks like we're both in the same boat then.."  She laughed.  "I think it's perfect though.  We can't make fun of each other for doing something wrong."


Mark nodded and took her hand gently.  "Why don't we go slow and see how far we can get?  We have all night, and we're off from work tomorrow."  He suggested.

"Yeah.."  She agreed.

Mark raised his hand to cup her cheek.  He thumbed the high point as he leaned in closer.  She closed her eyes and felt his lips touch her lips.  They both shook as the sensation lasted longer than at the wedding.  The kiss earlier today was small and short, not really taking in the whole feeling of the kiss.

However, Ara doesn't mind the kiss being longer this time.  She welcomed him to her hair and slowly bring her down onto the bed.  "Can I go on top of you?"  He asked when he broke the kiss after a minute.

She nodded slowly as she backed up until her head rested on the pillow.  He put his hands on either side of her shoulders, softly putting their bodies together.  She bit her lip a bit as the weight was new to her. 

"I'm sorry, I must be so heavy."  He raised his eyebrows.

"N-no, you're fine."  She muttered.  "You're.. really handsome at this angle, though."  She blushed.

Mark smiled sweetly as he her sides up and down slowly, finally letting his hands rest on her hips.  His lips return back to her kips for a little bit before kissing down to her neck.  She welcomed the new kisses and didn't fight him when he ed her pajama shirt.

He moved his hands around her until he could unclasp her bra.  "Relax.. I won't hurt you."  He said when he noticed she tensed up. 

"Please don't look at me.."  She requested.

Mark nodded and kept his eyes higher.  "I can turn off the light if you want."  He offered.

"Please.."  She begged with furrowed eyebrows.

He noticed her cheeks flushing by the second.  He reached to turn the lamp off and felt her slowly relax.  "There, nothing to be afraid of."  He assured with a kiss on her jaw.

She stayed silent as his kisses went down her chest.  She held his shoulders tightly as his lips made it to her pajama pants.  He stopped his kissing to return to her lips.  She loosened her grip and felt for the buttons on his shirt.  She fumbled with the buttons for a bit until he held her hands.

"Shh,"  He whispered as he kissed her hand, "you sit back, okay?  I'll do the work tonight."  He insisted.

She obeyed him and let him take off his clothes.  He was quicker with it than him taking her clothes off.  She finds that to be a positive thing: that he was gentle with her.  Their bodies were soon bare together.  Ara bit her lip as she could feel his muscles on her little frame.

"'I promise to not hurt you," he said seriously but softly with a kiss behind her ear, "but you need to guide me, okay?  I won't know when to stop unless you tell me."  He continued.

"Thank you, Mark.  You don't know how much you're making me happy right now."  She admitted as she ran a hand through his soft hair.

Mark smiled. "I'll always make you happy.  That's my goal for us."  He said as he held he'd hips and slowly made his way into her.

 

She hissed, making him hault.  He acted accordingly to her reactions: he kept it slow when she whimpered, light when she gasped, and gave her kissed when he felt her tremble.  She gave pleasured moans toward the end, gifting him a nice one when he released inside of her.

He wrapped his arms around her protectively, her hair as he hears her heavy breathing.  "I'm sorry.."  he said in a worried tone.

"No, Mark.  You were perfect, thank you."  She kissed his neck.  "I hope you are ready for it baby."  She held her stomach between the hug.

Mark moved his hand to her hand, smiling in the darkness.  "We'll take good care of it as well as the other kids we might have."  He assured.

"I'll give you as many children as you want."  She said out of nowhere.  She even questioned her statement.  However, it isn't a lie.

"We'll see how many we can have.  For now, go to sleep, Love."  He instructed with a kiss.

 

Ara kissed him back while holding him close to her.


 




Hi!  I really wanted this story to be sweet.
Since you didn't order drama, I really wanted to make Mark a good man.
I'm really sorry for being late with writing this, but you know how my day went. 
Thank you for the support!

<3