On Our Own

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Ann1914


Pairing
(EXO) Chen x Hanna (OC)
Suho


Genres
Romance, Cute, and Fluff


Plot

Hanna and Chen are in the 'getting to know' phase so they ask Suho for tips and info about the other. Valentine's Day is coming up so Hanna plans to make chocolates for Chen. She delivers the chocolates for Suho first but then Chen was actually in his house. She didn't bring Chen's chocolates with her so he thought he wouldn't get one. When he did receive her chocolates later, Chen tries to figure out what to give her in return for White Day (which is a month later). All the while, Suho has fun helping (and teasing) the two of them.


Author
Charlot1081




    Hanna giggled as she let some of the chocolate spill onto the counter.  Her mother clicked her tongue in amusement as she grabbed a paper towel.

"You were so sure about making chocolate this year,"  She said with a chuckle, "but you've made such a mess.  Look at you." 

The girl was covered in ground cocoa beans and liquid chocolate.  The apron doesn't cover the mess she made with her hands.  "I'm having fun."  Hanna said with her eyes turning to crescents.

Her mother nodded.  "Alright, if you say so. You'll be the one cleaning up."  She told.

Hanna nodded and put the molders on the table.  The chocolate settled in there and listened to the laws of the temperature.  "I'll start now."  She assured.  "I hope Junmyeon likes the chocolate."

"You're giving him two bars?"  Her mother raised an eyebrow.

Hanna blushed as she looked back at the second bar.  "Well.."

"Well~  Who's the boy who my special daughter is interested in?"  Her mother folded her arms.  "And tell me what he looks like."


Hanna wiped the countertop with bright cheeks.  "His name is Kim Jongdae.  I met him at Junmyeon's Christmas party."  She told.  "He's Junmyeon's cousin and I kissed him because there was a mistletoe there."

"Right... one of you must have known it was there."  Her mother sat down at the table and crossed her knees.  "So, is he tall?"

Hanna pursed her lips as she thought back.  "He's shorter than dad, but still taller than us."  She laughed.  "A decent height, great hair.. dreamy eyes.."  She stopped scrubbing the mixer she started cleaning.


Her mother gave a smirk as Hanna went off thinking about Jongdae's appearance.  "When do I get to meet him?"  She asked.

"Um.. I'll have to talk to him when I give him the chocolate."  She told.


***

The next day, Junmyeon spinned his pen while looking at his textbook.  The soft music in the back didn't help him come up with any good ideas for his class.  And of course the boy in the room with him didn't help at all with his harmonizing to the violin.

"Jongdae,"  Junmyeon muttered, "can you save singing for when you're back home?"  He tried to ask nicely.

Jongdae spinned in his seat and looked at the other who is slumping in his seat.  "Is there something you need help with?  I like wri-"

"Writing, yes.  I know you like writing, but I can't let you help."  Junmyeon interrupted and dropped his pen on his book with a sigh.  "I just need a break, talk to me."  He sat back and looked at Jongdae.


The younger pursed his lips and relaxed in his seat as they make eye contact.  "I've been thinking about Hanna lately."  He started up.  "I want to ask her on a date, I want to get to know her, but.."

"You're nervous?"  Junmyeon asked as he played with his eraser.  "That's alright.  It's only natural that you want to make a good impression for her."  He smiled at the end.


Jongdae nodded and smiled.  "I don't know if this is what you want to talk about on your break though."  He said with blushed cheeks.

"I was hoping you would start talking about her, honestly."  Junmyeon was honest.  "I think you two were made for each other.  I saw the way her eyes lit up after that kiss."

"What?!"  Jongdae sat upright with shocked eyes.  "You-you watched?"  He asked in panic.

Junmyeon laughed and folded his arms.  "Of course I watched.  And I also watched her give her number to you."  He winked teasingly.

Jongdae sighed and looked to the dark carpet.  "I'm not much of a kisser.."

"That's fine, Hanna likes cuddles more than kisses."  Junmyeon explained.  "I think you should ask her out to lunch.  Maybe not a date just yet if you're not confident enough.  I'll come with you guys."

Jongdae's shy smile came back.  "Really?  That's nice of you."  He said honestly.  "Why are you helping me out so much?"  He was skeptical though.

Junmyeon always have an alternate motive.  Something like this has other plans written all over it.  Jongdae could practically hear the clever ideas coming from the older's mouth.


"Dude, you're my cousin."  Junmyeon was being serious.  "I don't have a sibling and my friends at college aren't going to last forever.  Hanna is great, but you're the closest thing I have to a best friend and brother."  He held the male's shoulder.

Jongdae raised his eyebrows.  "Wow.. thanks.."  He smiled.  "I wish I could give you a couple of my siblings."  He joked.


Junmyeon laughed along for a moment.  "Seeing you happy with Hanna is just really relieving.  I know I can't have you to myself all my life, so my best friend and my cousin getting together is the best thing I could ever wish for."  He told honestly.

"That and I want to see you guys' cute blushes as you progress in your relationship.  You two are so funny."  He turned to a teasing note.

Jongdae slapped the hand off his shoulder.  "Ay, just go watch a drama if you want that."  He said with an annoyed smirk.  Jongdae knew there was more, but it made him feel warm.

"Get back to work."  Jongdae tasked.

Junmyeon laughed and picked his pencil back up while turning to his book.  As the laughing went down, the doorbell sounded from downstairs.  "I'll go answer it."  Jongdae volunteered.


Jongdae made it to the front door and opened it.  He was surprised to see Hanna with a blue gift back.  "Hanna?"  He questioned in a nervous chuckle.  "What brings you here?"  He wondered.

"Oh.."  She held her wrist, "is Junmyeon upstairs?"  she bowed.

"Yes."  Jongdae said.

Not but a second later, Hanna walked past Jongdae to go up the stairs.  He closed the door and walked up the steps and into Junmyeon's room.

"Junmyeon, here you go!  My mom helped me make chocolate this year."  She handed him the bag.


Junmyeon smiled and reached into the bag.  "Wow!  Homemade chocolate, huh?  I really need this.  My brain's been mush all day."  He bowed to her and put the bag on his desk. 

He looked past the girl to see Jongdae with raised eyebrows.  "I didn't know Jongdae would be here,"  She said in a mutter, "I'll see you later, okay?"  She said louder.

Junmyeon nodded with a smile.  "Be safe going home.  It'll be turning dark in a couple hours.  I don't want you out of the house when it happens."  He stood up to hug her.


Hanna laughed and slapped his shoulder.  "It's only one o'clock.  It doesn't get dark until seven."  She teased.  "See you too, Jongdae."  She said with a wave as she walked past him again.


Jongdae sighed once the door downstairs closed.  "Hey,"  Junmyeon saw the younger's saddened eyes, "don't be upset, she'll make you some chocolate next year, okay?"

Jongdae nodded with a sad smile.  "Yeah.."

"Here, lemme share-"

"No."  Jongdae put up his hand.  "That's your chocolate.  Eat it well and come up with some good essay material."  He chuckled as he sat down at the other desk.


The older pursed his lips and looked down at his textbook.  He took the chocolate out of the bag.




Hanna is in a panic. She runs all the way back home and storms into the house.  Her mother was about to say something, but Hanna ran right past her.  She went to the cabinet and took the red and pink gift bag from there.

"Sorry, Mom!  Jongdae's with Junmyeon!"  She said excitedly as she stopped her running for a moment.

She caught her breath as her mother was about to say something again.  She hasn't done this much running in a long time.  Her heavy breathing didn't help as she made it halfway to Jumyeon's house as she had to stop.

"Woah.."  She sat down on the sidewalk, not even thinking about the germs at this point.  "Am I literally running a marathon for him?"  She laughed at her realization.

"We're not even dating yet and I'm crazy about him.."  She muttered as she put her knees to her chest.  She hated seeing his self-disappointed look when she was at Junmyeon's house.

That was enough for her to stand back up and start sprinting to the house again.  She was extremely out of breath as she pushes on the doorbell button for the second time today.  I should have just brought Jongdae's chocolate and tasked Junmyeon to give it to Jongdae for me.  She laughed inwardly.

The door was opened by Junmyeon this time.  "Hanna?"

"Is.. Jong-jong.. ..dae.. Hold on."  She put her index finger up.

"Did you just run all the way home and back here?"  Junmyeon realized.

She nodded.  "Well come in, let me give you some water."  He took her wrist and walked her to the kitchen.


Jongdae came down the stairs as he was confused on why it was taking Junmyeon so long with the door.  "Is there a prob-"  He stopped as he saw Hanna in the kitchen.  "Hanna?"

"Here.."  She handed the small gift bag to him.  "If I knew you were going to be here, I would have brought it."  She laughed as she relaxed on the wall.

Jongdae was speechless.  Junmyeon nodded as he came up with a plan.  "It's apparent that Hanna will run a mile for you, Jongdae."  He brought up.  "Why don't you two relax and have a late lunch today?"


Hanna looked at Junmyeon.  "Oh yeah.. I haven't eaten yet."  She mumbled.

"And I know Jongdae is a bottomless pit."  Junmyeon joked.  "Sit down and get comfortable.  I'll make you two something to eat."  He insisted.


Jongdae smiled and opened a chair for Hanna.  "Thank you."  He said for the chocolate.

She blushed and sat down on the chair.


Junmyeon whispered in Jongdae's ear quickly, "Ask her about her new year."  And then he went to the sink.


Jongdae cleared his throat, "How was your new year?  Did you do anything exciting with your family?"  He asked while putting his hands in his lap.

"My mother made sliced rice cake soup (Tteokguk)."  She said nervously but happily.  "I helped make it."

"You've been helping around the kitchen lately, huh?"  Jongdae noticed.


She nodded and looked down at the table.  "I'm getting to an age that I should know how to cook for a spouse or my family.  So.."  She rubbed her arm.


Junmyeon walked to the table to set some plates down.  He whispered to Hanna this time, "Ask him about school and work."


Hanna looked at the sanwiches on the plate.  "So how is school going?  What are you majoring in?"  She asked while reaching for the bread.

"Oh! Yeah, I'm finished with the basic courses, but I'm going more of a music path.  I want to teach kids how to sing."  He explained before taking a bite out of the sandwich.  "I have a couple more semesters before I can start training.  My dream is to open my own small school." 

Hanna smiled.  "That would be beautiful.  Can I hear you sing?"


Junmyeon turned back and looked at the male eating.  "Maybe next time.  It's never good to sing right after eating."  He laughed.

Jongdae nods.  "He's right, it could hurt my stomach."  He said after swallowing.


Hanna nodded.  "I understand.."

"Do you go to school?"  Jongdae wondered.

She looked down at the table.  "I'm not.. really student material.."  She gave the wooden surface a sad smile.  "I clean up an old friend's apartment and take care of her most days of the week.  Today and yesterday being my days off."  She told.

"Once I get married, I'll just stay home and clean the house all day."  She laughed pathetically.


Junmyeon silently hitches his breath.  "I think you should be heading home now.  I don't want your mother worrying."  Junmyeon noticed the sandwiches were eaten.  "You did run over here in a hurry, she wouldn't want to think something bad happened."  He continued and took the plates from the table.

"Would you like me to walk you?"  Jongdae asked nicely.

"Actually.. that'll be okay.  I can go myself."  She smiled and put her hands together.  "Have fun studying, see you next time."  She said as she put her hand on his shoulder before walking to the front door.

And then she left. 

"I messed up, didn't I?"  Jongdae said as he sits on the couch.

"No,"  Junmyeon said as he sat down and put his arm around him, "it's just a sensitive topic, and I'm surprised she spoke that much about it.  She's really comfortable with you."  He encouraged.

"Are you sure?"  He muttered.


Junmyeon nodded.  "I'm sure you two will have much more to talk about next time.  Why don't you prepare something for White Day?  That'll make her heart flutter."  He winked as he stood up.

"You think so?"  Jongdae asked with hope.

"I know so.  Let's go back upstairs."  He insisted.



***

Jongdae looked at the little gift bags in the passenger chair.  He breathed in and out as he put them behind the chair and got out of his car.  He straightened his jacket and looked at his watch.  White Day is unfortunately on a day that Hanna has work on.  But that's not going to stop Jongdae from his plan.

He had all month to come up with this, and he's not going to let her schedule make him discouraged.  We just have to work together, not avoid each other.  He insisted in his mind as he watched the front door to a ground apartment open.

There she was: she had a long dress on and her hair up.  He can't help but die over every hair style he's seen of hers.  He clears his throat.  This made her head snap up and look at him.  "Jongdae?"

"Hey~"  He cooed.  "Are you finished work?"

"Yeah.. I gotta go make some dinner-"

He interrupted her with holding her hand.  "I informed your parents, you're going to join me for dinner."  He insisted as he walked her to his car.


She blushed as she sat down on the comfy chair.  Her body molded right into the fabric.  She put her seatbelt on and he did so too.  He started the engine and backed out of the parking space.

"Woah.. you have your own car.."  She felt around the dashboard.

"I got it recently.  It's not new, but it's in pretty good condition."  He stated. 


Hanna smiled as she saw a couple gift bags in the side mirror.  "Who's bags are those?"  She asked.

"They're for someone I know."  He told as he kept his eyes on the road.

She pursed her lips and nodded. 


It wasn't long until they got to a restaurant.  He turned off the engine and walked around to help Hanna out.  He smiled as he watched her blush.  He walked to into the building and down a hallway. 

"I reserved room five," He told a server who walked them to said room.

"Enjoy."  The server bowed.


Hanna looked around the room.  There was a small table but a big stove there.  "Sit down, I'm going to make you something to eat."  He told.

She sat down in amazement as Jongdae took his jacket off and put an apron on.  "Woah.."  She watched him roll his sleeves up while starting the grill.

"I would have cooked for you at my house, but my parents had their own little thing going on there."  Jongdae chuckled.

"Yeah, they can be cute sometimes.. Still doing the Valentine's Day and White Day.."  She muttered.  Her mind went back to those bags in the car.  "Is this my gift from Valentine's Day?"

"You could say that."  He smirked as he put the meat on the grill.


She smiled and watched him.  "Oh no, you don't want to do it like that,"  she noticed him turning the meat incorrectly, "here, let me show you."

She really looked happy while helping Jongdae.  And that's why he didn't stop her from helping.  However, it didn't stop him from putting one arm around the squealing girl.  She laughed as some of the grease popped and a bit went onto her dress. 

"Oh, you should be wearing the apron."  He said as he was about to untie it.

"No, no, I know how to get stains out.  My mom taught me."  She teasingly elbowed.  "Oh!  They're finished!  Let's eat~"  She skipped along to the other side to sit down.


Jongdae sat down with her and picked up his chopsticks.  He hummed at the flavor.  "Delicious!  Thank you for helping me."  He hugged her.

She couldn't help but hug back, even if it was a short hug.


Time went on and they were finished in the restaurant.  "Do you like looking at lights?"  He asked.

"Lights?  Like on houses?"  She asked.

He nodded.  "I know a road that has the most beautiful displays.  I'd like to watch them with you."  He held her hand. 


She smiled and nodded.  "Okay.. Can I text-"

"I already spoke to them, I promise."  He kissed her hand.  "Your mom would spoil everything if you texted her."  He laughed.

"True.."  She smirked while looking down at their hands.  "Okay, let's go."  She gave permission.


They drive down a road.  The darkness showed the beauty of the lights perfectly.  Some displays were hearts while others were animals and other things.  What got to Hanna was a display that was a little arch.  It had lights arranged as flowers.

"Let's go over there."  He insisted.

She looked at the sky.  "It's a bit cold out."  She mumbled.

"I'll keep you warm."  He promised.

She looked at him before the display.  "We're allowed to?" 

"I think so."  He chuckled.


She nodded and opened the car door.  As she walked over to the arch, Jongdae picked up the bags from the floor.  He walked her way and put the smaller bag on the ground when she didn't notice him.

"Here, I made you a little something."  He handed the bag to her.

She smiled and took the bag.  Moving the tissue away, she saw a small box of fudge.  "Did you make this?"  She asked in curiosity.

"I wasn't too knowledged on making fudge, and neither was my mom."  He laughed.  "We tried it together and that's the only bit that came out edible."  He continued.

She chuckled and opened the container.  "You don't mind if I try some now, right?"  She asked permission.

"Go ahead."  He insisted.


She let the chocolate melt in .  She smiled while closing her eyes.   Jongdae took this opportunity to pick up the small bag and put it behind his back.

"What do you think?"  He asked.

"You added too much butter."  She laughed.


Jongdae widened his eyes.  "How did you know?!"

"I just can. The first time I made fudge with my mom, she told me that I put too much butter and that I would have to eat all of it to remember to look at directions more carefully."  She giggled.

Jongdae laughed along.  "Mom was the same to me, it was still tasty, but not as good as the pieces I gave you."  He told.

She nodded and saved the rest.  "Thank you.."  She was reaching to hug him, but he put up his hand.

"Part three of White Day,"  He told as he lifted the small gift bag.


Her eyebrows raised.  "I thought.."

"They were for someone I know,"  He told, "I know you, right?"


She blushed and slapped his shoulder.  She then took the other bag.  There was a little box in there.  She slowly took it out and put the bag down.  She opened the box to see a chain.

"I know that you're working all day, so a ring or bracelet wouldn't be the best.  I hope a necklace would be okay."  He rubbed his foot against the grass.  "My dad works at a welding factory, so he helped me make it.  It was my first time watching my dad work on stuff."

She took the chain and looked at it throughly.  A small heart was its pendant.  It had a little heart indented in the middle.  "I wanted to do something a bit more, but dad said I might get hurt if I try more without the proper schooling."  He continued his story.

"It.. is.. beautiful.."  She traced the heart with her index finger.  "But why give me jewelry and not just the chocolate?"  She was confused but excited at the same time.


He smiled and her hair.  "Because I wanted to ask you something.."  He started, "I know that we kissed on the day we met, but since then, I haven't gotten to know you too much other than through Junmyeon.

"That's nice and all, but I want to learn about you myself.  I learned so much about you today.  How great of a relationship you have with your parents, how you love to cook, how you react to certain things.."  He went on.  "And helping prepare these things for you have made me come closer to my parents.

"It made me feel like having a family of my own.. with you.."  He said with blushed cheeks.


Her eyes widen at his words.  "A-a family?"

"Not yet, obviously.. But I would like to ask you if I could get to know more about you and experience things together with you.  I want our story to end with us being married and having a family."  He held her shoulders.  "C-can we?"


Her eyes were blurry with the tears that are starting up.  "You turned a simple kiss to already having plans of marriage?"  She asked with a concerned voice.

He put his eye brows together.  "Yes."


She looked at him with disbelief.  "Fine."  She pushed him a bit.  "I'll accept you're feelings, but if you do one thing.."  The power in her voice went away as she put the necklace on.

He chuckled.  "You sound like Junmyeon, you know.. He gave me a thirty-minute lecture on not hurting you."  He stated.  "And I can't wait to hear your parents give me an hour."

"Each.  They'll each give you an hour."  She laughed.

She put her arms around his waist and pulled him into a hug.  "You better not back out.."  She whispered.  "I'll kill you."

He rubbed up and down her back and hummed.  "Never."  He pulled back to lift her chin.  He softly put their lips together.


The kiss last time felt light.  This kiss felt heavy—a great heavy.  The love was heavy in this kiss, and Hanna wasn't strong enough to get it off of her. 


"Thank you, Jongdae.."


"Happy White Day, Love."


 


Hello!! 
It took me a bit to write this, so I'm so sorry for the wait!
This the sequel that made Hanna and Jongdae an official couple~
Witha  bit of help from Junmyeon, they learned about each other.
I hope that it was cute enough and not too cheesy.
Thank you so much for requesting a sequel <33


P.S. Thank you for the lovely poster you made!! It's so beautiful <3
Please do send my thanks to the anonymous reader who requested for it too~