Carnival Ride

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Kyotastic-baby


Pairing
(GOT7) Im Jaebeom x Serenity Moon (OC)

Genres
Romance, Angst

Plot

Based off of Video - happy ending
https://youtu.be/I8X1L-dNbSk


Author
Charlot1081

 

 

 

    Wendy ran up to Jinyoung and Jaebeom.  "Hey guys,"  She waved, "I got us tickets to go to the carnival.  So we're going tomorrow."  She said, handing the tickets to the guys.  "Make sure you give Serenity and Jackson the tickets too.  I'm going to go find Moonbyul."  She waved.

 

Jinyoung noticed that Jaebeom hesitated when taking the ticket for Serenity.  "You going to give it to her?"  He asked.  Jaebeom hummed and nodded.  "Okay, I'll go find Jackson."  He waved the tickets he had in his hand.  "I can't wait  to have some fun.  These exams have had me in the dumps."  He chuckled.

 

Jaebeom smirked and nodded.  "See you." He waved.

 

He walked to the lockers in their college building.  She was currently in class.  That much he could tell.  He peered through a window, and she was busy watching the professor.  He slipped the ticket in her locker.  Going to their group text, he posted that he put it in her locker.

 

Truthfully, Jaebeom has not spoken to Serenity directly or texted her alone in a few months.  Any way he can avoid contact with her is honestly the best.  He's broken.  She and he were dating for two years up until four months ago.  They were in an argument over their life goals.  He wanted to be a doctor and she wanted to be a math teacher.

 

With this, they had very little time to spend with each other.  They grew apart.  Serenity started it - she accused him of liking other girls because she kept finding blonde hair on his jackets.  And when she found blonde hair in his bed, that was the last straw.

 

Jaebeom tried to explain it.  The blonde hair was his sister's hair.  He even tried sending a picture of his sister to her, but she just used it as an excuse to break up with him.  Meanwhile, Jaebeom wasn't innocent either.  He noticed her being fond of the cafe and liking to spend more time with their friends rather than him, even with their time off.  They decided it was best if they separated.  Because they weren't spending time with each other anyway, why bother date?

 

The difference is that Serenity doesn't seem broken with the break up.  She acts as if nothing happened.  She's on the top of the world while he is heartbroken.  He's just a body with no emotion.  He's failed some exams over his depression.  Hearing about going to a carnival with her.. He was hesitant to accept the tickets, because he doesn't want to see her having fun.  He doesn't want to see her being joyful - he was jealous.

 

"How can she feel nothing?"  Jaebeom asked silently as he waited for Jackson to pull up in his car full of their friends.  "Why can't I get over it like she did?"  He asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

 

He heard Jackson's engine power through the neighborhood.  He stood upright and watched the car pull up.  "Get on in~"  Jackson said.

 

He noticed that Serenity was sitting in the back, and the only space was next to him.  He could see the distant glare, realizing they would be sitting next to each other.  "I think that Serenity should sit up front."  He insisted.

 

"Eh?"  Jackson raised an eyebrow.

 

"Or we should switch seats, you know.."  Jaebeom scratched his cheek.  "I want her to feel more comfortable.  You know how much I spread my legs when I sit." He chuckled.

 

Serenity looked down and opened the car door.  "I agree." She said.  "Let's switch, Jinyoung."  She recommended.

 

Jinyoung shrugged, switching seats so now he and Jaebeom are sitting next to each other.  The ride was pretty lively.  Serenity was talking the whole time with the others.  Meanwhile, Jaebeom kept his head down at his phone.  It looked like he was focused on his phone, but really he was just spacing out.

 

They arrived to see Wendy in party clothes.  She had red heels on and a long, red dress that had a slit from the knee down.  She also had a black shrug on.  "Hey guys, let's have some fun!"  She clapped.

 

They went on a few rides and played a few games.  When they got to the ferris wheel, Moonbyul looked at the group.  "Okay.. So how about me and Jackson; Wendy and Jinyoung; and Jaebeom and Serenity?"  She suggested.

 

Jaebeom absentmindedly looked at Serenity.  "Actually.."  Serenity started.  "I want to go with my bestie.  Let's go together Wendy.'' She smiled.

 

Wendy shrugged.  "C'mon, Girlfriend."  She put her arm around Serenity.

 

The other three looked at each other before Jaebeom.  "Let's go."  Jinyoung pointed at Jaebeom.  "So the dating couple can go together."  He teased Jackson.


 

Serenity smiled as she watched the scenery.  The reality was.. Serenity is just as heart broken.  She started feeling depressed the moment they couldnt spend hours together.  Their school lives had separated them.  Being a doctor is a full-time job, and being a teacher is taxing as well.  And then when she saw the blonde hair on him.. She felt lowly of herself.  She felt like she wasn't enough for Jaebeom.

 

That he needed love from someone rather than him.  Even with seeing the picture of his sister, seeing her long blonde hair, she still felt like she was worthless.  And that depressing feeling wandered into her actions.  She drifted away from Jaebeom to give him some space.  Instead, she spent time with their friend group to forget about herself or to pull herself back up.

 

It's been months, but Serenity is constantly reminded that they broke up.  Their friend group never even knew that they were dating. So they don't know what's up between them now.  And every time Jaebeom sacrifices simple things like sitting together in the car or a ride, she just feels more guilty.

 

As they gathered around for dinner, there were two seats open.  Jaebeom and Serenity looked at each other. Serenity opened just for Jaebeom to start first.  "Can we switch seats, Wendy?"  He requested.

 

Jackson folded his arms.  "Alright, this needs to stop."  He said.  "You guys have been avoiding each other all day.  What's wrong?"  He asked.

 

"Well.."  Serenity muttered.

 

"A family member of hers is feeling unwell."  Jaebeom lied.  "I just want her to feel comfortable today.  Like having a better seat or spending more time with her bestie."  He gave examples.

 

Jinyoung tilted his head. "I'm not buying it."  He said.  "Let's give them some space to talk about it."  He stood up.  "We'll give you ten minutes to chat.  But you guys need to sort things out."  He motioned the others to follow him.


 

Once they were gone, the two looked at each other.  "Sorry for making it a big deal.."  Jaebeom muttered, sitting next to her.

 

She sighed.  "They're right.. We need to talk it over.."  Serenity muttered.

 

Jaebeom held his chin.  "There's not much to say.. You don't like me anymore and we just need space."  He said.  "I mean, you're already over it all, but I'm not."  He commented.

 

She snapped her head up.  "Excuse me?  When did I ever say I was over it?  I'm just as depressed as you, you idiot."  She nudged him.

 

"Then why do you smile so much?"  Jaebeom asked.  "You're enjoying your time with them, and all I'm doing is.. I'm not happy."  He held his chest.

 

She huffed.  "I'm trying to be happy."  Serenity said.  "I'm not enjoying it at all because when I see you I get sad all over again because.." She closed her eyes.  "Because I miss you.. I miss us.."  She sighed.

 

Jaebeom raised his eyebrows.  "You.. You do?"  He asked.

 

Serenity nodded and looked at the table.  "I still love you.. So, so much.."  She closed her eyes.  "I can't get over you, no matter how much I try to distract myself.."  He continued.

 

Jaebeom watched her.  "Oh.."  Dang, I'm a jerk..  He said inwardly.  "Well.."

 

Serenity looked at him once more.  "I..  If you are, I'm willing to try again."  She said, reaching for his hand.  "I can tell that you're not over me either."  She commented.

 

Jaebeom blushed.  "I'm not.."  He chuckled.  "We have to change something though.." He said.  "We need to see each other more, the separation seriously got to us.'' He held his forehead with his other hand.

 

Serenity hummed. "How about.. We move in together?"  She suggested.  "Like see how we like it for a month and decide from there?"  She continued.

 

Jaebeom smiled and nodded. "I would gladly take you in."  He agreed.


 

Wendy came from behind a pillar. "Oh. My. Goodness!  You guys were dating?"  She clapped.  "Everyone!!"  She shouted.  "Jaebeom and Serenity are a couple!!"  She announced to almost the whole park.

 

The couple were left with flushed cheeks as strangers congratulated them and called them cute.  "Thanks, Bestie.."  Serenity poked the girl's arm.


"You're welcome."  Wendy winked.

The couple looked at each other.  An honest smile was on Jaebeom’s features.  And Serenity had a smile that matched it.  They shared a little kiss.



 

Cute little drama between them that they justneeded to talk about.
Hopefully they will work it all out.  If not, that's going to be a noisy dorm room XD
Thank you so much for requesting~  Hopefully this one wasn't too short.
Have a great day and a happy New Year!  Stay safe <3

^.~