I'll Wait for You

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
SMTownR

Pairing
Mark Tuan (Got7) x Byun Ara (OC)

Genres
Romance

Plot
It's World War II, Mark joins the army and Ara waits for him.
He returns and proposes Ara



    It was a Sunday evening.  Mark Tuan, a young adult who was born in South Korea, was sitting at a table with four other people.  He was currently at his girlfriend's house.  With the war becoming stronger, Mark wants to spend as much time with the people he loves before the world ends.  He raised his glass in respect as the father was proposing a toast. 

Tonght is the night, Mark thought, I will finally ask them the question that has been on my heart for months now.    Mark was opening his mouth to speak.  But once he uttered a word, the front door was knocked on. 

Ara's father was about to stand up.  "No, Sir, I will get it."  Mark politely said while standing up.

He walked to the front door and opened it.  He saw two men in military uniforms.

"Mark Tuan, we were informed that you were handed a draft card a sum of years ago."  The man on the left said.  Mark looked back at the family of four across the room. 

Ara, his girlfriend, was watching with shock.  Her parents were skeptical.  And lastly, Ara's little brother was confused.  Mark sighed before nodding.  "That's right."  Mark affirmed, looking at the soldier up and down before reaching his eyes.

He swallowed hard before he was was put against the wall.  His body was being patted down.  A guard took out his wallet and opened it.  Mark knew what this meant - he was to go serve in the military.  This made him upset.  Not only did he not want to leave, but that also means that the military doesn't have enough men to fight off the enemies.


"Sir, you'll be coming with us now."  The man said, ready to grab Mark in the case he wanted to flee.

"May I tell them good bye first?"  Mark asked.


He received a nod.  He walked further into the room.  He was met by Ara's father and mother.  He bowed to them, catching a tear before it formed all of the way in his eye.  He then walked up to Ara.  She put her arm around his neck, and he put his amrs around her waist.  The hug was very tight.

"I'm going to miss you."  She whimpered.

"I'll win the war with you on my mind all day and night."  He formed a bittersweet smile.

She nodded and reached to kiss his cheek.  "Make it back safe, please.  I'll wait for you."  She said, cupping the cheek she kissed. 


He looked down at the boy who had no clue as to what was happening.  Ara might be eighteen, like he is, but the boy was only eight. 


"I will be back, love."  Mark promised.


He was then instructed that he needed to go.  He bowed to the four before following the men out of the house.  He wiped his eyes.  If I ever want to see her again, I must stop crying.  I need to use my longing as fuel for winning.    He nodded to himself as he was put in the vehicle.



Are watched the car drive away, holding her love.  "Stay safe, Mark."  She held the window.



 

Byun Ara,
 
   It has been a month since I was put in here.  I want
to get out.  This place isn't for me - I want you to be in
my arms.  I can't spend one second without thinking of
your smile.  I will be back, please stay strong.  I know
that your letters probably won't reach me, but I hope
mine reach you.  I love you.

Mark




















 

Byun Ara,

  It's been another three months, I don't think this war
is going in our favor.  Things keep getting tougher as
the days go by.  I heard that more men needed to be
brought in.  Ara, I don't know how much more I can
take.  I hope you're safe over there - please don't
skip meals.  I'm doing my absolute best.  I'm sorry
if I return a different person...


Mark
















 








 

Mark Tuan,

  I hope my letters haven't been discarded.  I've missed you so much.  Everything is going well enough, but it's not the same without you.  I always get reminded of you when I see our favorite garden.  Miss Jung always takes such good care of it.  I see us like the garden - weeds are just there to destroy it and make it crumble.  It takes a strong plant to overcome the weeds and other disasters.  A plant can win against anything if it has another plant next to it.  I'm right next to you, Mark.  All I ask is for you to do your best - if you go down, I go down too.  I'm here waiting for your return.  I love you

  Ara



























And finally, it was a year later.  The war was declared over, and everyone was to return back home and recover.  Ara was waiting by the old train station with ice cream in her hand.  She ate it slowly, letting the air rush past her whenever the breeze decided to pick up.  She was waiting for Mark to come back.  She was told that the troops on his team would arrive through train rather than by airplane.


Her smile grew when she heard the sound of the horn.  She looked to the clock that was on the wall.  It was time for her boyfriend to come back home.  Many people flooded the platform as they awaited family and friends to come back from the war.  Ara was standing with her parents.  Her brother was being watched by their neighbor. 


The train stopped on the track, making a slight squeaking sound that pierced everyone's ears.  She watched the doors to every section.  984...  Ara knew which one he was coming out of. 



Mark got off of the train and looked around the platform.  His eyes settle on a pair that were looking into them.  He smiled and ran to Ara.

"Ara!"  He shouted, picking her up in the air.

"Mark!"  She returned the excited shout.

They hugged.


"I missed you so much."  Her eyes were watering. 

"Ara, I have a question I have been dying to ask ever since that evening."  He said in a quiet tone. 


Ara's parents did hear him though.  He let go of her shoulders and went on one knee in front of her.  He took her hand in his hands.  "Byun Ara, will you marry me?"  He asked with joy in her eyes.


There were sounds of excitement coming from every direction, but to Ara, it seemed like they were the only two people on the platform.  "Yes, of course, yes!"  She said without hesitation.


He stood straight, putting his lips on hers.

 

 


Hello!  Thank you for requesting again.  I hope you enjoyed the story, I may have added too much angst in here, right?
I focused more on the Korean War that was going on, and changed Mark's birthplace to South Korea.  I'm sorry for taking so long with writing it.  That and all of the mistakes I made. 

=^.^=