Forget-Me-Not

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Aghasae

Pairing
(Got7) Mark Tuan x Ara Li (OC)

Genres
Romance and Comedy

Plot
Write based on the line:
"I can forget you but I'll make sure that you won't forget me."  - Mark

 



    Ara found herself in a pickle.  She ran out of vanilla tea and so many customers were wanting that flavor today.  She sighed and took off her apron while looking at her co-worker.  He was in a frenzy due to the customers saying how much they would like vanilla or cinnamon tea.  Being that they're almost out of the latter flavor as well, Ara had no choice but to go to the store. 

"Keep them contained, Jackson."  She said, putting a hand on his shoulder while giving a comical smile.

"Yeah, right.  Have you ever tried to round up ten animals and have them sit still for a picture before?"  He asked, folding his arms while facing away the customers who couldn't hear them.

She put a finger up to her lips while thinking for a moment.  "Nope.  I wasn't fired from the zoo."  She winked before going around the counter.

Knowing fully well that if she were to stay behind the counter, she would have probably been tossed over the counter.  She waved before leaving through the glass doors.  She held her purse strap that was on her shoulder as she looked back and forth at the road.  Making sure it was okay to cross, she went to the next sidewalk.

She sure is glad that there is a small shop close by that carries most of the teas they serve.  She sighed contently as there weren't too many people in the convenient store at this time.

She picked up a basket and went down the tea isle.  She picked up several bags of vanilla and cinnamon.  She also picked up a few other flavors she remembered being half-way empty.  She cluttered the basket with the teas before heading over to the cash register.

"That's a lot of tea, you're not selling it on the black market, are you?"  The man laughed at his own joke.

She gave a blank stare before taking out her wallet.  "Ha-ha, very funny... Mark."  She read his nametag.  "Are you new to Jeonju?"  She asked as she doesn't recognize him.

He shrugged.  "I was born here but moved away for awhile.  Should I know who you are?"  He asked with a slight smirk.

"If you want- I often come here to get teas for my shop."  She replied, handing the exact amount of money in paper-bills.


Mark counted each bill before putting it in the register.  "I'll try to remember, but you can't blame me if I forget you."  He laughed as he gave her the receipt.

"If you see me every day, how could you forget?"  She asked, picking up the bags.

He shrugged once more.  "All I know is, you'll probably never forget me."  He stated with a smirk.

"Why's that?"  She asked as she folded her arms.

He put his chin between his index finger and thumb.  "Cuz I'm handsome." 

She huffed while looking away.  "Sure, you believe that."

"I'll believe the truth, my dear.  And the truth is.. I don't know your name."  He scratched his head as he remembered that she never told her name.

"I don't know if I want you to know my name if you're just going to forget it."  She gave a joking pout.


He rolled his eyes jokingly before he sighed.  "You really don't want me to remember you then fine.  So be it~  But me, Mark Tuan, will always run through your mind."  He said with a chuckle.

"Are you joking with me?  Or do you actually want to know me?"  She asked suddenly.


His smile faltered with a cough.  "I.. uhm-"

"Ara Li.  Come by the tea shop when you have time."  She smiled.


She left the shop without paying attention to anything else he may have said.  She got what she wanted—the reaction of silence.  She made it back to the tea shop and filled up the tea pots correctly.  She then assured the customers that the tea will be finished shortly.


***

It was about a week later.  Mark was cleaning a glass door in the back of the store.  He shuddered as the frozen air hit his face while he was getting the last bit of spilled milk off of the door.  Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, a kid came in here with his mom for some grociery shopping.  The boy thought he could pick the whole gallon of milk up by himself.  The result was a big disaster.  Let's just say, that kid definitely cried over the spilled milk.

He sighed and closed the door.  He curled his fingers in an effort to get the blood circulating.  His fingers showly shed the numb feeling as he walked to the back of the store to put the cleaning utensils away.

He walked back to the front of the store and hears the bell ring. 

"Hey, Mark, how's it been?"  A girl asked.

Mark scratched his head and guessed he met this girl sometime last week.  "Pretty good, I suppose.  You?"  He replied as he undid the knot in the back of his apron.

"People seem to want Irish Breakfast tea this week, so guess what we ran out of?"  She laughed, watching him retying his apron.

"I'll have to guess you ran out of mango tea."  He joked, earning a sarcastic laugh from the girl.

That laugh.. where have I heard that sarcastic laugh?  He shrugged it off as he watched her pick up a basket and go down the beverage isle.

He his light at the register and put his employee card in the register slot.  Opening the register, he makes sure that the money from last night was gone.  He closed the register and awaited the girl to come by with the teas.

"You know, you haven't visited the shop.."  She said in a disappointed tone.

"I forget a lot of things.."  He said with a chuckle.

"You already forgot who I am?  Ara Li ring any chimes in that head of yours?"  She said with a smirk.

He looked up, trying to remember.  "Not really.. but it seems like you remember me."  He laughed, counting the paper money.  "Oh!  Now I remember you!  You're the one who came in here thinking I was her son!"

That blank look Ara gave made Mark actually remember who she was.  The look was blank, annoyed, and hateful.  He could feel the anime-sweat-drop go down his face as the stare continued.  "A-ara, of course, you're the one who ran out of vanilla tea- how could I remember incorrectly?"  He said with a slight laugh.

"Hmm...  Well you were right I suppose,"  She put her hands on her hips, "I guess I did remember you."

"Funny, right?"

"That just means that you forgot me.."  She said in a slight pout.

Mark furrowed his eyebrows for a moment.  "Like I said, I'm not the best when it comes to remembering faces.  You should see my history class scores."  He laughed to lighten her expression.

He inwardly sighed when he saw her form a small smile.  "At least it's not just with me then."  She spoke softly.

"Are you busy?"  Mark suddenly asked, making her eyes open a bit more. 

"I'll be getting back to work here in a minute, what's up?"  She answered.

Mark scratched his neck.  "Maybe I should start getting to know people in this town.  I am going to be studying here for at least a year." 

She lightened her expression.  "Come by the tea shop after your shift.  Lots of people visit in the evening."

"And if I forget?"  He asked seriously.


She chuckled a bit before taking a piece of paper out of her purse.  She clicked her pen and wrote on the paper.  She took a sticker from her purse and put it on the counter in front of the register.

"There we go!  I even wrote the address, just in case you can't find the shop that's across road."  She teased.

He laughed and nodded.  "Thanks...  Are you single?"

"So now you're flirting?"  She asked in a smile.

He smiled a touch before looking down at the counter.  "I can't remember any prettier girls."

"Awh~  I can remember better looking guys than you.."


He instantly shot his head up to look at her. 

"I'll assume that our first date will be tonight at the tea shop then."  She said.  "Don't forget about it~"


He smiled softly as she walked out of the store with the bags of tea in her hand.





 



I feel like I took the whole "forgetting you" concept too seriously.
I have a pretty bad memory when it comes to people I don't see often, so I can understand how Mark feels in this.
Thank you so much for requesting again! 
I hope I didn't disappoint you with the small amount of content. :o
Please do remember that you can always request again!

<3