Coming Home

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
SMTownR


Pairing
(GOT7) Mark Tuan x Ara Li (OC)
Oh Sehun (EXO)



Genres
Romance, Jealousy, and Angst



Plot
Mark is seven years older than Ara and he had seen her grow and vowed that one day he'd marry her. When he was sixteen and Ara was nine he left to America to pursue further in his studies. Another nine years passes by and he returns back to only find that 18 year old Ara was dating 18 year old Sehun. He finds it unacceptable and arranges and arrange marriage for him and her.


Author
Charlot1081





"Your flight to Seoul is scheduled for 6am, Mr. Tuan."  A man in a suit said before bowing.

"Thank you, Mr. Lee."  Mark bowed.  "Have a good night."  He dismissed the man.

Mark sighed and looked at his water with a smile.  He's been in America for nine years.  "I can't believe it's already been so long,"  He played with the side of the glass, "I wonder how home is."  He muttered, taking a sip of water.

His mind wonders off to a little girl in his memory.  He thinks of her smile as she played hopscotch and her big laughs when he did puppet shows for her.  Ara..  He inwardly spoke her name, thinking about the little pigtails she had.  You've always had a special place in my heart, Ara.  He smiled and blushed when he imagined her all grown up.

How her hair would be flowing down to her back; how she would let her dress fall past her calves but have leggings underneath to keep her warm; how her smile would still remain the same.  It was truly an image that had him all smiles.  Just until he realized: he left a nine-year-old girl for nine years. 

"Will she remember me?"  He asked with raised eyebrows.  "We said we wanted to get married.. but maybe that was just her naÏve mouth saying that."  His smile went down.

"No,"  He stood up, "we'll meet each other again and she'll remember me.  She'll love me like then."  He gave himself hope.

He nodded and put his glass in the dishwasher.  He then pressed on the button to start it before heading to bed.  Tomorrow evening, I will be in Seoul.  Tomorrow, I will have Ara in my arms and our lips together. 

He smiled as he slowly fell asleep.

***

Arriving in Seoul, Mark picks his luggage up and leaves the airport building.  He sees a person with his name on the sign; it was a younger man with a girl next to her.  He could tell who the girl was a mile away.  Her pigtails were a dead giveaway.  He smiled and walked up to them, greeting them with a bow.

"Ara."  He let go of the suitcase handle to hug her.

She hugged back and sighed.  "It's so nice to see you again, Mark.  It felt like ages!"  She said excitedly.  "Dad's so happy that you can move in with us."  She said, pulling back from the hug.

Mark nodded and looked at the male at Ara's side.  "Oh, this is Mart Tuan."  She introduced Mark first.  "Mark, this is my boyfriend, Oh Sehun."  She turned to the other male and smiled.

Mark's smile faltered a little, but he kept it up.  He bowed before shaking the man's hand.  "How do you do, Sehun?"  He asked, fighting back asking why the man had the nerve to be Ara's boyfriend.

"I'm alright.  I work at the company too, so we'll see each other often."  Sehun said, putting the card with Mark's name down.  "My car's just over there, I'll drive you two to Mr. Li's house."  He started walking Ara to his car.


Calm down Mark,  He said inwardly, it's been nine years.  Of course the girl would find love elsewhere.  Of course she would fall in love with someone who her father trusts..  That someone should have been me though.  He sighed in his head and sat down in the back seat, watching those two hold hands while Sehun drove.

Sehun was talking about something about the company and what he does, but Mark ignored it.  Mark looked out of the window to see the big city bridge like it was those years ago.  His attention went to the girl when she spoke about her school and how she's learning how to cook from her mother.

He hums responses to Sehun but gives full responses to Ara.  I don't hate Ara for moving on, I don't like Sehun because he thinks he can swoop up my girlfriend.  He nodded inwardly.

However, as the time passes by in the car, he notices how natural they are with each other.  But it's the right thing to leave them be, isn't it?  Mr. Li wouldn't like it if I caused unnecessary drama.  Especially if he already approves of Sehun.  He sighed in defeat while watching to two outside the car.

He opened the car door and got out, picking his luggage out of the trunk. 

"I'll see you next weekend, Love."  Sehun said, kissing Ara's cheek.

Okay, but he doesn't have to flirt in front of me..  He thought bitterly.  I'll talk to Mr. Li and see what he has to say about Sehun.  He said I could court her..


He watched Sehun's car leave and that left the two alone.  "Sehun's a good man, don't you think?  He's done so much to help daddy with the company."  Ara said, putting her hands behind her back. 

Mark simply hummed while walking with her.  "What's up, Mark?  You've been distant compared to before you left."  She commented.

"You remember me?"  He asked with a playful smirk.

"Of course!"  She slapped his shoulder.  "Nothing's changed between us, so don't act like it." 


Mark nodded.  "Okay.."


***


Weeks pass like that.  Mark works at the company while Sehun flirts with Ara on the weekends.  It's not the type of nonchalant flirting like most couples do.  It's more like quick kisses or cheesy things while they're supposed to be having a conversation with Ara's parents.  Most importantly, it seems like Sehun is doing things just to spite Mark.

Like Sehun figured out that Mark likes her and is doing everything in his power to make Mark angry.  Well it worked, if that's the case.  Mark makes it to Mr. Li's office, knocking on the man's door.

"Yes, Mark?"  The man stood up to greet Mark.

"Do you have a moment to talk, Mr. Li?"  He asked, closing the door behind him.


Li put his glasses down and closed his laptop screen.  "You have my full attention, Mark."  He said.

Mark sat down across the desk when Li motioned him to.  "I like Ara."  He started, getting a nod from the father.  "You know that I liked her when I was younger, and that I wanted to court her."  He said.

"I know, but Sehun came to me saying he would work well for the company in turn for Ara's heart."  Li explained.  "I promised Sehun that he could try with her, as long as she agreed.  And so far, everything is peachy with them."  He smiled.


Mark sighed.  "So where does that leave me, Sir?  I.. The whole reason to get my degree was to work at your company and take care of her.  My purpose is half-way gone."  He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Have you spoken to Ara about it?"  Li asked with concern.  "I can't just say for her to break up with Sehun because you're back.  You have to do these sorts of things on your own."  He instructed.


"Right.. I should talk to her."  He bowed his head.  "I'm sorry.."

"You're fine, Mark."  Li smiled.  "I give you permission to discuss it with her tonight at dinner.  I'll take the wife out to see a movie."  He winked.


Mark smiled and bowed.  "Thank you, Sir."  He stood up and exited the office to resume his work.


***

The chef of the house puts the last plate of food on the table before leaving Mark and Ara to talk in peace.  Mark cleared his throat while reaching for the noodles.  She knows that he has something to say: her father came to her earlier in the afternoon to say that Mark wanted to discuss something with her.

She does like him and gets a bite to eat, putting her braised chicken on a spoon of rice.  "Ara,"  He started, "I know it's not my place to talk about this, but I'd like to get some of my emotions out."  He indirectly asked permission.

She raised an interested eyebrow.  "Woah,"  She chuckled, "your tone is so formal.  You can be comfortable with me, Mark.  I won't bite."  She assured.

Mark nodded, having a small smile as he broke a dumpling and added it to his noodles.  "Before I left to America, we made a promise to each other."  He mentioned.

"A promise?"  She asked in confusion, not knowing that the small question alone made Mark's heart shatter instantly.

He coughed a bit and roamed around the table.  "You forget then.."  He muttered.

"Well.. maybe I kept it so much I forgot it was a promise?"  She wanted to have hope.

He chuckled and shook his head.  "No.. The promise was that we would start dating when I came back."  He corrected her, getting a look of remembrance from her. 

"Mark,"  She put her chopsticks down, "that was nine years ago.  I was a little girl."  She said.  "Of course I was going to agree with you.  I looked up to you like a big brother."

Marked nodded and looked sadly down at the table.  "I know.. but-"

"Mark,"  She interrupted, "you're a good friend, really you are.  And I'm flattered you've saved yourself for me.  But I'm happy with Sehun."  She said, an undertone of regret.


Mark sees her eyes and saw something off about her gaze.  "Are you really happy?"  He asked with his flame on its last moment.

"Yes."  She said with a sigh.

He nodded and sighed.  "If that's how it is.. Then that's how it is."  He picked another dumpling up, this time putting it in his mouth alone.


She pursed her lips, knowing that Mark would always stuff his face when he wanted to say more but couldn't.  He would shut himself up by filling his mouth up to the brim, just like he's doing tonight.  Not even before he swallowed the dumpling did he put a round of rice in his mouth.  She inwardly sighed and picked at her chicken.  I'm sorry, Mark.  That is how it is.


***


The next day, Mark goes to the parents in their bedroom.  They were in there relaxing as it's Mr. Li's day off at the company.  He bowed to the parents and looked at them.

"How did your dinner go with Ara last night?"  Mr. Li asked, putting a bookmark in his book and setting it down on the side table.

Mark sighed and shook his head.  "She insisted that she doesn't have the same feelings, Sir.  She's happy with Sehun."  He told the truth.

"I'm sorry, Dear.  There's not much we can do if she likes Sehun."  Mrs. Li responded with raised eyebrows.


Mr. Li hummed in agreement.  Meanwhile, Mark clenched his fists.  "But you promised I could marry her.  I made a vow to marry her when I got back home!"  He said.  "You promised we could live happily together and continue the business with the next generation."  He lost his energy as he fell on his knees.

"But what am I?  Maybe I'm just too greedy.."  He put his knees to his chest.  "I just want to work for your company and take care of Ara.. But it looks like Sehun has that all taken care of."  He said in a depressed tone.

Mrs. Li huffed.  "I don't know if I want Sehun as the heir."  She put her nose higher.

Mr. Li looked at her with confusion.  "No?"  He asked.

"I know I shouldn't say this without knowing the whole story, but the other day, I heard Sehun talking on the phone."  She brought up a story she's been keeping to herself.  "He said that once he marries Ara, he'll take over the business by force."  She folded his arms.


Mr. Li and Mark look at her in shock.  "And did you hear any of his intentions?"  Mark asked.

"Something about a manopoly and getting rid of competition.  I don't know the whole story, so that's why I haven't brought it up.  I was just guessing this was a Sehun-fuming session."  She said, putting her knitting to the side to sigh angrily.

Mr. Li nodded.  "I don't want to take any chances.  I will arrange for you to marry my daughter before Sehun has a thought of proposing."  He stood up.


Mark widened his eyes.  "No, Sir.. I should court her.. Not steal her.."  He insisted.

"Do you want her or not, Mark?"  He asked angrily.  "I'm only giving you this one chance to court her in a week."  He left the room.


The mother grumbled before letting her breath out, picking her knitting back up. 


***

The next day, Ara stomps up to Mark's desk with Sehun right beside her.  Her look was mean and frustrated and Sehun looked outright mad too.

"Mark Tuan!"  She shouted at him, not caring about the other people in the office.  "How dare you get my parents to arrange a marriage with you?!"  She asked with disbelief.

As Mark was about to open his mouth, she put her hand up.  "Forget it, Mark. I love Sehun."  She said, grabbing the sad male by the collar and kissing him straight on the lips.

Sehun smirked and shrugged while watching Mark's upset and shocked glare.  Ara angrily walked Sehun and her away, not giving Mark the time to explain himself.  Not giving him the time that he needs to tell Ara what's up.  All he could do is hold back his remarks and actions.  He clenched his fists tightly and gritted his teeth.

However, he sat down and looked at the eyes on him.  He bowed and continued on with his business.  I'll come up with something later.. 


***

Another day passes and Ara had cooled off.  Mark and Ara hadn't seen each other since she yelled at him, and so her emotions have gone down.  She doesn't hate Mark, but she's going to do everything in her power to call off the arrangement.  She looked at the time, knowing Sehun should be in his office right now.  She giggled as she thought that it would be fun to bother him at work again.

She comes by every now and then to play in his office.  She claims it's because she's bored; Sehun says it's because she's still a child at heart.  Either way, her making an appearance doesn't distract him or annoy him.  She listened into the door and heard him on the phone.  This is going to be fun.  She had the idea of messing with him during an important call.


"Yeah, I'll have it soon."  She heard Sehun say.  "I just need to get the arrangement canceled, then I can marry Ara."  Sehun continued as he typed things on his laptop.

She didn't hear anything wrong, so she was turning the knob.  "Once I get it, I'm firing that idiot Mark first.  Then I'll change some regulations.  You know, to fit what I want in the company.  I'm tired of Li's constant 'family-owned' thing.  It's about time that this company focuses more on profit."


She furrowed her eyebrows.  But daddy's family values make this company unique and prosperous..  She pouted.  She let go of the door knob and slowly walked away.  Once she was far enough away, she ran to the elevators and went straight to her dad's office.  She knocked on the door and earned her way in.

"Ara?  What are you doing here?"  Mr. Li asked as he stood from his desk.

"Dad.. I know it's wrong of me to eavesdrop, but I think I might have heard something concerning."  She started.  "I don't have the whole story, and it's probably nothing.."  She said disappointedly.

He hummed and walked up to her.  "Go ahead, Sweetie."  He permitted.

"Sehun sounded like he was plotting bad stuff for the company.  Like not putting it under, but taking the family out of our business."  She said sadly.  "It sounded like he was making plans for making this like a goverment-owned business.  I didn't like it, Daddy."  She explained.

Mr. Li nodded and sighed.  "That's what your mother said to me the other day.  That's why I arranged Mark to marry you.  So that Mark could be the heir instead."  He explained.

"He.. didn't come to you for it because he was jealous?"  She asked in a shocked tone.

"Albeit, he was depressed and begging to give him a chance.  But he wasn't going to take you by force."  Mr. Li answered. "And if you really don't like Mark, I will call off the arrangement, but not let Sehun marry you."  He promised.


Ara sighed and looked down, sitting down when her father motioned her to.  "I've been thinking about it these past days.  He is sweet but.."

Mr. Li nodded.  "I undrestand.  I would never want to force you into a relationship, Ara."  He smiled. 

"I'll.. give him a go."  She said with a little giggle. 

He smiled and kissed her forehead.  "Thank you."


---

The same day, Ara goes out on her bedroom balcony, overlooking the garden beside the house.  She sighed and closed her eyes as the wind slowly blew through her hair and the leaves on the trees and flowers around her.  She heard the floorboard creak, making her attention go to the man who walked through the threshhold, now being on the balcony with her.

She furrowed her eyebrows as Mark looked at her with concern.  "You asked me to meet you?"  He asked for confirmation.

She hummed and sat down at the small table there.  He sat down across from her, an arm's distance separates them due to the table.  "Daddy told me what happened."  She sighed.  "I'm sorry for giving you so much trouble."  She apologized.

Mark put his hands in his lap and started playing with his nails nervously.  "I know we can't ever be a thing, but please choose wisely with Sehun."  He said with a sigh.  "I know you love him and not me.  I want you to be happy at the same time as the company thriving."  He admitted.

She looked at him and put her hand on the table.  "Mark, look at me."  She commanded.

Mark obeyed her and copied the hand movement, holding her hand protectively.  "Ever since I heard about your arrival, there has been something lingering in me.  I couldn't place what it was until you told me how you felt the other day."  She confessed.  "I've been thinking about you; about us.."  She said in a small voice.

"Ara-"

"Mark,"  She interrupted, "I love you." 

What shocked the man was that she leaned across the table, kissing Mark right on the lips.  Just as soft as I've imagined them to be,  He thought as he tilted his head in the kiss and held her bare shoulder, But she's still Sehun's girlfriend.  He slowly pulled away from the kiss.

"I'm sorry, Ara."  He started.  "You're still with Sehun, it's not right."


She was just about to say something.  However, she hitched her breath when she heard someone at the balcony door.  "That's right."  Sehun said angrily.

Mark stood up with his hands up.  "Sehun, I-"

Sehun immediately punched Mark's jaw, making the other fall back near the wall of the balcony.  Sehun looked at Ara and gritted his teeth.  "I'll deal with you later."  He pointed at the girl before stomping off.


He stomped his way through the house before he went into Mr. Li's room unannounced.  The male looked up from watering a plant and narrowed his eyes at Sehun. 

"Sehun, what is the meaning of your intrusion?"  He asked angrily.

"Sir, I caught Mark advancing on Ara."  Sehun replied.

Less than five seconds later, the said couple entered the room.  Mark held his busted lip and looked at Mr. Li after bowing.  Mrs. Li stays silent as she could tell her husband had some things to say to Sehun.

"Oh Sehun,"  The man stood up strongly, "it has come to my attention that you do not want to keep my company the way my grandfather has made it." 

Sehun looked at the man in disbelief.  "Sir, I'm talking about Ara.  She-"

"She is giving Mark a chance.  I have arranged the two to marry because your selfishness has torn me away from you."  He said.  "And before you want me to do worse than you did to Mark, I suspect that you should get out of my house."  Mr. Li stated.


Sehun looked at the older man.  Although the man was older, he was well-built and kept himself through his age.  He then looked at Ara.  "You accepted the arrangement?"  He asked angrily.

Ara looked down and folded her arms.  "Not yet, but I accept it now."  She said.  "I kissed Mark, but you punched him.  How could you do that?  I deserved the punch."  She held her chest.


Mark stood up to shed his jacket, noticing that her open-shoulder top is becoming too cool on her.  He put carefully put her arms in it, and she accepted it.  "Thank you,"  She kissed Mark's cheek, "it's over, Sehun."


Sehun clenched his fists and punched the wall beside him.  "Fine.  But mark my words, Mr. Li.  I will get revenge in some way, shape, or form."  He pointed at him.

"Are you threatening me?"  He asked angrily.

Sehun chuckled.  "Not your life."  He said, turning around and leaving.


Ara put her arms around Mark and her shoulders started trembling.  She finally let her tears out from when she saw Mark being punched.  "I'm so sorry, Mark."  She apologized.

"You did nothing wrong, Ara."  He whispered, pulling her closer.

"I was so mean to you earlier."  She replied.


Mark her hair and hummed a small tune to make her calm down.  The tune was from a show they used to watch together when they were younger.  A show that comforted them during school.  She started humming along until the end. 

"Thank you for accepting me, Ara.  I promise to take care of you, your family, and your company."  He vowed.


She nodded.  "I know you will." 



 


 


I tried putting jealousy in the physical form.
Instead of Mark being the violent one, Sehun was!
And boy I wish I could slap him. XD
I hope you enjoyed this story, and Im' sorry there wasn't much romance.
Thank you for requesting once more <3