Jungkook x Hyena

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester: Amusingmurdermachine

Genres: Angst and Romance

Characters: Jungkook and Hyena

Plot: 
Exes Jungkook and Hyena (who broke up in bad terms) meet again after a year in the elevator of Jungkook's new girlfriend's and Hyena's apartment building (she just moved). They get trapped in it for hours and their past is bitterly brought up.

Additional info: They broke up in the middle of their long-distance relationship (Hyena had to go to New Zealand to study). Hyena had a suitor back in New Zealand and even if the dude knew she was taken he was quite persistent. Someone told Jungkook this, and even if Hyena didn't actually get together with the dude, she couldn't really avoid the dude either because they're blockmates. Things blow out of proportion and they fought and broke up over this. -Hyena almost gave in to the dude because she felt so lonely but she ultimately pushed the dude away because she still really loves Jungkook. -Jungkook on the other hand forced himself to move on. -Both of them were going through difficult life stuff during their time away from each other so this adds to the chaos of their emotions.

I did change some stuff up a bit.  So the plot/info and story don't exactly fit like a puzzle piece.  I hope you still like it, because I got some glue.  We can just jam the pieces together to make the puzzle complete.  😄

 



"Jungkook, it was great being in college with you, but I need to move to New Zealand." Hyena and Jungkook sat at the same cafe they started their love in.

Sitting across from Hyena, Jungkook bit his bottom lip. "But I don't want you to." Jungkook said picking his nails under the table. There was intensity filling the air as he was thinking of ways to make her stay here in South Korea.

Hyena put her milk shake down on the glass table. She had her elbows on the table and leaned closer to Jungkook. "I want to go. There are new experiences, more studying, a whole different culture to explore!" She said, giving him beaming eyes.

"Have you ever thought of me though?!?" Jungkook stood up, hating himself for already dropping a tear on the table.

She got scared from the sudden movement. She hid her face by crossing her arms. Jungkook sighed and sat back down. Hearing that he wasn't a threat, she came out of hiding. "I was thinking of you. Maybe you can come with me. I'll even pay for the ticket." She said, regaining her smile as if nothing scary happened just now.

"I don't want to leave the country..." He slurped on the milkshake they were sharing.

She sighed and stood up. He looked up at her. She walked up to him and put her hands on the chair, trapping him. "You have until Friday evening to come up with a verdict," She started, "I board the plane Saturday night." She informed.

She took one last sip of the milk shake before leaving the cafe.

Jungkook sat there, devastated. How could she pick studying and culture over me? I'm the one that helped her out with her boyfriend problem... He thought.


Jungkook goes to his friend, Taehyung, for advice. He rang the doorbell his and Taehyung's dorm. He rubbed his eyes as he waited for the door to open. He saw Taehyung in the doorway. He had kissie marks on his cheeks.

"I think I found my soul mate, bro." Taehyung spoke as if he was in love. "Why didn't you bring your keys?"  He asked.

Jungkook walked past the smiling idiot. He sat down on the couch and took a soda from beside it. He popped it open and downed half the can in less than twenty seconds. He wiped his mouth with his sleeve and looked at the older.

"I need some help," He said with a low burp, "I think Hyena and I just had our first fight."

Taehyung widened his eyes and held his mouth as if he saw the most interesting and weird yet scariest event in all time. He sat down on the couch with the younger.

"You need help from me? I thought you were the relationship guru." He said, not giving any attitude, but still having total confusing written on his features.


Jungkook just looked down in disappointment. Not disappointment from what Taehyung said, but the fact that he has asked for help. He's usually helping his friends with these types of situations. He's always had the answer to prevent a total break up. But this is different. This is HIS situation. He's never had to face the problems himself. He's just been a guide without personal experience. He never understood any of his friends' problems or feelings, yet somehow some way, he helped.

"I'm sorry, Tae.." Jungkook let his tears out.

He was hugged by the older.

"I know how you feel," He heard Taehyung say, "and what do I think you should do? I think this will be healthy. Seeing each other after a year or so may bring back some refreshing feelings." Taehyung gave his advice.

Jungkook nodded.

"How long has she been planning the trip?" Taehyung asked.

"She always spoke about it in high school... but it was official last month," Jungkook explained, "but I didn't want to bring it up.."

Taehyung nodded and kept his arm around him. "She's very passionate about it then. If you make her stay behind, her life will be unattractive to her. You can use this time to get stronger and smarter." Taehyung used words that Jungkook has told him in the past.

Jungkook sighed and nodded. It was decided, he won't make Hyena stay. She has a life too. And it's not like they're breaking up, right? Although he doesn't quite like long distance relationships, he's willing to wait for Hyena to come back.. If ever.


It was Friday morning, and Jungkook was walking with Hyena to their favorite spot. That would be the cafe. They sat down with their usual drinks, smiling eyes staring into each other, totally not thinking about the trip.

But it had to come up. Today was the last day he could talk to her. He doesn't know what her plans regarding coming back, but he wants to make a memorable day. So that they can look back and smile, thinking how silly it was to argue over this matter.

"Hyena, about your trip," Jungkook never lost his smile, "I've come up with an answer."

Seeing that he was still positive, she smiled. "What is it?"

"I want you to be happy. If you need to study abroad to be happy and do the things you love, I'm willing to love you from here." Jungkook had a teeth smile.

Hyena looked down. It's not that she's upset with what he came up with. In fact, it's rather sweet. But for some reason, she just hates it. Her smile turned into a scowl.

"I don't want our love to be far away."

"I can't come with you, I have studying here." Jungkook spoke.

"You're willing to give me up, but you're not willing to give yourself up?" She let a tear escape.

Jungkook's body shook.

"A long distance relationship is annoying." She stood up.

She was about to walk away, but he grabbed her wrist, bringing her back. "I thought we loved each other." Jungkook whispered with a tear in his eye.

She took her wrist back. "I love you Jungkook, but this isn't working out..."

"I won't let you leave then." Jungkook's sad face turned into demanding.


He started walking her out of the cafe. Right when they reached the parking lot, she smacked his face.

"Usually it's the guys saying they don't like me.." She said with a bitter smile. "You usually say that I was in the wrong. But I think you were in the wrong. We aren't destined to be together." She wiped her face.

Jungkook stood there, watching her walk off.

After a moment, she came back to him. He looked down with her in confusion. She pulled her hair a bit. He stopped her by clasping their hands together. Whispering 'I'm sorry's to him, they hugged.

"It's just so stressful.. My family has been hassling me for weeks now.."

Jungkook kissed her softly for a moment. "I expect a text every few hours.." He spoke on her forehead. She eagerly nodded.







[One Year Later]

Hyena was taking pictures of the mountains surrounding the waters. The water reflected the mountains with sparkles created by the sun shining above it. It was currently one in the afternoon. Hyena was sitting on another mountain in New Zealand. It's been a year since she transferred to the country. So far it's been very informative.

She moved into a dorm with Korean students just like her. She was roomed with a girl named Chae Young. They've gotten along really well.

Along with studying and having friends in New Zealand, her parents also set her up with a boyfriend that they're expecting her to marry after she graduates. The boy's name is Hoseok, Jeon Hoseok.

"Hoseok, I already have a boyfriend. And we're steady. How many times have I told you?" Hyena moved away from Hoseok trying to kiss her.

"This makes.." He tallies on a piece of paper, "365 times."

"Hmm, what? You asked every single day I've been here?" She asked in confusion.

He eagerly nodded and moved his obviously bleached hair out of his eyes. She rolls her eyes.

"I'm going to video chat with my boi, so go talk to Chae or something.." She shooed him away.

Hoseok acted like an obedient puppy, and walked away.


Kookie!

Hyena! How have you been? - J
Good~ Tomorrow I have a test, and I needed to see your face to make a good grade.
I must be the main topic of the test then. haha - J
I wish~


Hoseok smirked and creeped up on Hyena. He was behind her. She saw him in the little image in the corner of the screen.

"Hoseok-ah, I told you to leave." She had an annoyed expression.

"Annnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiyaaaaaaaaa~" He gave her too cute of a rejection.

She rolled her eyes and looked back at Jungkook.

And your parents want him to be your hubby? - J

Yeah.. He's such a yick...
Hmm.. Do you like him? - J
NO! Why would you think that?!?
Just.. Every video chat, you let him get closer.. - J
Absolutely not.


And at that moment, Hoseok came in a stole a kiss from Hyena. "We kiss each day. Before she calls you and after she's done calling you~" Hoseok took the phone.

"We even cuddle at sunset~" He spoke to the boy on the other end.

Hyena took her phone back and ended the call.

"The heck is wrong with you?" Chaeyoung asked as she brought some sodas to them.

"I love my Nana~"

Hyena cringed with that nickname.





"Bro, Hyena would never cheat on you.. Especially with Seokkie.." Taehyung said with an annoyed tone.

"Seokkie?" Jungkook cringed at the nickname.

"Yeah, he said I could call him that." Taehyung sipped the soda he brought to their dorm room an hour ago.

"When?" Jungkook was intruiged.

Taehyung laughed. "About twelve years ago, I do believe."

Jungkook choked on the soda he was drinking.

"He was my sister's boyfriend for like a month. Let's just say, back then he was almost as annoying as now." Taehyung laughed off his glasses.

Jungkook scratched his head.



Weeks passed by, and he saw that Hoseok was overpowering Hyena. She even got some her black hair lightened. Not blonde, but a shade of brown that was close to black.


"Hyena.." Jungkook spoke into his phone.

"Yes?"

"How much longer are you going to be in New Zealand?" Jungkook raised the question he wanted to ask since the day she left.

He heard her sigh. "The professor says that my grades are good, but I need one or two more classes before I can start working in Seoul." She gave her information out. "We're looking at about half of another year. I already have this semester to do, so..."

Jungkook ran his hand through his hair. "I can't keep doing this.. It's stressing me out so much..." He spoke in a soft yet depressing tone.


"Video call, now." She said into the microphone.


When the screen was , she saw his hair messed up and his eyes were puffy.

"I can't get any sleep, thinking that miles away, you're giving into Hoseok..." He told honestly. "Last time you said that we weren't destined... Maybe you and Hoseok are..."


She was about to protest, but the phone call ended. Biting her lip, she tried calling back. When she was sent to voice mail, she let out a tear. She backed up against a wall, and slid down, bringing her knees to her chest.

She hears a text notification. She sees it's from Jungkook.

You need something better than me.. I'm sorry.. - J

I'm turning off my phone until I change the number. - J
I love you Hyena, but.. - J


"But what you jerk?" She gave a crazy smile that showed all of her sadness.

She tossed her phone on a cushion that is close by. She sobbed into her knees, grabbing her hair in the process.




"I'm fine, Tae... She'll move on.. She's got Hoseok." Jungkook sipped on a mug of coffee.

"You just let the stress get to you. I'm sure when she comes back, you two will get back together." Taehyung offered his thoughts.

"I need something stronger than coffee," Jungkook said, "have my keys. I'll be back tonight."

Jungkook handed Taehyung his car keys and walked out of the building.




Hyena sat down at the table in her dorm room. She was watching as Chaeyoung was texting. The door was knocked on. Hyena opened it to see Hoseok. He wasn't in the usual shirt and jeans. Rather, he was wearing a button up shirt and pants. So not like Hoseok.

"Hyena," He called her by her name, which made Chaeyoung look up from her phone, "can I speak with you?"

Hyena shrugged. She walked with him until they reached a spot on the campus that was just for sitting. Not too many people were there or paying attention.

"How have you been feeling since your break up?" Hoseok asked in a serious tone.

"Not great.. This month has been harder than any year finals in high school..." She said, playing with her fingernails.

He sat next to her and put his arm around her, having his hand on her shoulder. Hyena looked at him with confusion. But instead of stating why he was there, he kissed her. She let out tears.

He broke their first kiss, and hugged her. She hugged back tightly. She let out all of her tears that she was holding back for the passed month.





It was five months later. Taehyung came back home to see that Jungkook has bought his own bottles. He took the bottles off of the coffee table and placed them next to the other ones at Jungkook’s feet.

"Kook, Are you not over her yet?" He asked, annoyed at the smell that he always came home to.

"I'm over her, what are you talking about." Jungkook gave a mad glare, standing up.

"You still drunk? Or...?"

"I haven't drunk since last night. Where were you?" Jungkook replied.

"I was with my friend over in Ilsan. I stayed the night with him." Taehyung looked through the mail that he picked up at the P.O. box.

Jungkook sighed and cleaned up the bottles. He knew how Taehyung got about the mess. He stretched and looked at his friend. "I'm going to get a smoothie, you in?"

"Nah,... I was traveling too much. Have fun." Taehyung shook his hand.

Jungkook nodded and walked out of the building.


He saw some pretty girls that were chatting at the table near to his. They're obviously three or so years younger, but still adults. I'm over Hyena, I'm over Hyena, I'm over Hyena.... He was trying to brainwash himself.

He his phone and saw that there was nothing. He sighed and slurped on the smoothie.




"Thank you for flying on flight 342! We have arrived in Seoul!" The flight attendant spoke in the phone.


Hyena picked her luggage up and Hoseok's. He came from behind her.

"You could have let me get it.." He said, brushing away her black locks.

"I'm fine, really. Here's yours." She gave his luggage to him with a smile.  Hoseok put the luggage down and back hugged Hyena.  At which she didn't make him stop.

"Have you seen mine yet?" Chaeyoung asked, looking around.

Hyena looked at the belt, and saw that it was coming. "Here it is~" She picked it up for her.


Driving to their new dorm, they turn their attention to a cafe.

"Hyena! Let's get a smoothie first." Hoseok said.

He parked the car before she could respond. He opened the door for her and took her hand. She ripped her hand back and walked along side Chaeyoung.


Jungkook left the cafe five minutes before.

Hyena remembered being here with Jungkook so many times. You're over him, you're over him, you're over him... She repeated the same lie many more times in her mind.

"You two find a table, I'll order." Hyena patted Chaeyoung's back.

After getting the drinks, she sat down with her friends. She was left with a seat that faced Jungkook. Chae... you could've had this seat instead... She complained to Chaeyoung in her mind.


"Do you guys even know where the campus is supposed to be?" Hoseok asked, picking up his phone.

"The teacher said that it shouldn't be too far from here. The college was close to the college I attended before moving." Hyena gave her knowledge.

A person stood up and walked to their table. Hyena looked the other way, and noticed Hoseok having a confused look.

"Hay! Who are you?" Hoseok pointed.

"I'm Jisoo." Was what the girl said.  "I live at that college." 



She read the numbers off of the list Hyena gave her.  "Hyena and Chaeyoung, your rooms are in.. that building over there, on the second floor." She instructed.  "Hoseok, you're roomed on the top floor over there.



Taehyung closed the curtain when he heard the door open. He looked back to see  Hoseok walk into the set of rooms. All three rooms are connected.

"Tae!!" Hoseok ran to him and hugged him.

"Alright, Seokie, that's enough." Taehyung patted his back.

"You'll be in the room furthest down." Taehyung instructed.

Hoseok nodded and moved his bags into the empty room.



"He's cute."  Chaeyoung said.  "I'm going to a different building.  Can you put my stuff inside?" 

"Sure~"  Hyena picked up her bag, and went to the elevator.


She saw the elevator open back up.  She looked at the sliding doors open.  And there he was, Jeon Jungkook.  Of all places, a tiny elevator.  She didn't say a word.  Not until there was a beeping and a thud.  The elevator had stopped.

She mentally screeched.  There was a voice in the elevator speaker.

"The elevator has been stopped due to maintenance.  If there is anyone inside, you will be here for exactly thirty minutes."

The auto voice gave Jungkook shivers.

"So.."  Jungkook was speaking.

"Why are you in an elevator for the girl's dorm?"  She asked.

Jungkook looked at his shoes.  "I have a girlfriend here."  He said.  You're over Hyena, you're over Hyena, you're over Hyena... He said in his mind.  He hated this.

"You moved on that quickly?"

"Yes, how's Seokkie?"

She balled her fists and smiled like a crazy woman.  She turned to him.  There was total anger in both of their expressions.  "Fantastic.  He's a dream.  I think we're destined!"  She shouted at him.

"Oh yeah?  Well guess what?  Me and.."  He was thinking about who had a crush on him, "Seulgi have been getting farther than you and I have."  He said, raising his voice higher than Hyena.

"You know what?  I'm regretting even being your friend in high school."


After a the thirty minutes were up, the elevator opened.  She stormed out of the elevator, and walked into her and Chaeyoung's new room.  She sighed and put the luggage against the wall.

"Next time I'm taking the stares..."

A girl came from a different room (three rooms connected). 

"Hey!  You're the new room mate?" The girl asked. 

"Yes, my friend will be here soon."  Hyena got the madness out of her tone.

The girl nodded.  "I'm Seulgi." 

Hyena looked at her with a questioning expression.  "Jungkook's girlfriend?"  She asked confusingly.

She giggled.  "Absolutely not.  Just because I had a crush on him does not mean we're together."  She said, helping Hyena fold the clothes.  "Why?"

Hyena shrugged.  "He and I were stuck in the elevator.."

"Oh, the maintenance, right?" 

Hyena nodded.  "He said he came here to see you.  But he went up to the third floor instead."  Hyena explained.

Seulgi looked to the side.  "Hmm.. Last I heard he was getting into bar fights every Saturday.  He broke up with his girlfriend, and everyone in the campus knew about it."  She said with a smirk.


Chaehyung came into the room.  "Hyena, can you go to the store for me?" 

Hyena left with the list that she received.

"Hi, I'm Chaeyoung."  She introduced.

"Seulgi." 

"You know Jungkook?"  Chaeyoung asked.

Seulgi had a mejor case of the
Déjà Vu.  "Yes."

"He broke up with Hyena a few months ago.."  Chaeyoung explained.  "But, I think they might still like each other."  Chaeyoung gave a smile.

Seulgi knew just what needed to happen.  "I have an idea."




Chaeyoung texted Taehyung.

Tae, do you think Kook still likes Hyena?

Totally.  He's said that he's moved on and has Seulgi
as his gf, but I doubt it. - T

I see.  Bring Jungkook out tonight at the sitting area.
Make sure goldie locks doesn't accompany you both.

Got it.  - T





It was night time. The three girls went to a sitting area. Hyena was laughing at some jokes that Seulgi was telling.

Taehyung brought the other, and sat him down.

Taehyung nodded to the two conspiring girls. They stood up, leaving Hyena in confusion.

"Have fun~" The three said and quickly left.


They wanted to start a screeching match just like earlier.  But all they could do is stare deeply into each other's eyes. Hyena didn't hate him. And Jungkook knew he wasn't over her.

"Kookie," She said after the long silence, "do you still like me?"

Jungkook wanted to lie. He wanted to say he's had plenty of girlfriends in the six month span. He wanted to say that he didn't drink bottle after bottle to get rid of his stress. But he chose to tell the truth.

"I do."

"Well... I'm here... For good." She said with a smile. "Do you want to try it again?"

She received a nod from Jungkook. She took the ring out of her purse and put on her ring. He reached into his shirt and took off his necklace. He put the ring on his finger as well.

"Hoseok didn't hurt you, did he?"

She shook her head. "But.. If I was there any longer, I think he would have consumed me.." She told honestly.





Jungkook came back to his room. He saw Taehyung and Hoseok playing cards.

"How'd it go?" Taehyung asked.

"Great!!" Jungkook shouted with excitement.

He showed his ring finger. Taehyung saw the promise ring. He smiled and nodded.

"What happened?" Hoseok asked.

"He got Hyena back! Isn't it great?" Taehyung spoke.

Hoseok's smile turned into a scowl. "She's my girlfriend though." Hoseok said.

Jungkook stuck out his tongue. "You stole my girlfriend, and I stole her back."

Hoseok looked with rage. "Fair enough...."




The next day, Hyena enjoyed a smoothie together. Just them.


"I love you~" They both cooed.



 



Thank you so very much for requesting again!  I had a lot of fun writing the angst.  I told you the story would be longer with angst.  As you read, I left the story open for more content. 
I hope you enjoyed reading, and you're more than welcome to request again!