Reminder of Our Love

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Nissye


Pairing
(EXO) Kai x Sehun


Genres

Family, Friends, Romance
Slight-Angst



Plot
Kai is a teen mom he got pregnant when he was 16. Sehun has never shirked his responsibilities, but things have not been easy. Everything got worse when Kai discovered he was pregnant again. Obviously their classmates don't miss an opportunity to make bad jokes on Kai and he suffers a lot. Even the parents of both are not happy at all. Their friends decide to organize a vacation so that the two can relax and they can have fun together. Jongdae took the opportunity to ask Kai for some advice as he just found out he is pregnant.


Author

Charlot1081

 



"Junmyeon,"  Jongin was calling out, "Junmyeon~  It's time to go see your friends.  Let's go, Baby."  Jongin lifted the two-year-old from the floor and carried him to the stroller.

Even though the near-toddler wanted to walk to the car, Jongin is always scared something bad might happen.  Junmyeon is Jongin's child.  He watched this baby grow into the handsome, young boy he is today.

"Daddy~  When can I see Hunnie-pa?"  Junmyeon asked as he tilted his head while he was being pushed in the stroller out of the apartment.

"This weekend, Dear."  Jongin replied as he put the infant in the car seat before closing the car door.


Kim Jongin—a nineteen-year-old high school student.  Why is he still in high school?  Because he had a hard time balancing having a baby while studying.  He dropped out the entire year and went back when he was finished recovering from having Junmyeon.  This might sound like he's a single parent, but that's untrue. 

Jongin's other half works all day and studies all night to support his small family.  The only downside to that is Junmyeon only sees his other father on the weekends. 

"Be a good boy, Junmyeon.  I don't want to hear that you are a troublemaker, okay?"  Jongin asked as they arrived at the daycare center.  "Be a gentlman for me~"  He cooed as he pinched the baby's cheek.

"Yes, Sir!"  Junmyeon was excited.  He kissed Jongin before running into the back to join his friends.

Jongin sighed and signed his child in.  He then put when he is going to pick him up.  He went back to his car and took out his phone.  He texted his husband that he's going to school before driving away from the daycare.


"Hey!  How did your weekend go?"  One of Jongin's friends, Jongdae, asked. 

Jongin shrugged and rubbed his eyes.  "Junmyeon is definitely an all-day-kid now."  He laughed a bit.  "He's got so much energy.."


Jongdae nodded and slowly looked at his desk.  "So.. I'm curious, did your morning sickness ever hurt?"  Jongae asked.

Jongin raised an eyebrow.  "Why are you curious out of nowhere?"  He wondered.


Jongdae opened his mouth to speak but quickly shut it when the teacher came in.  Jongin's friends are roughly the same age as him.  Jongdae is the youngest in the friend circle, making this his last year of high school.

Jongin was confused and decided it was best to ask again when they have more time.  Serious conversations can't get carefully spoken about in a rush.  He focused his attention to the teacher and pushed the thought out.


***

Jongin heard his young one running around the apartment.  He looked back at the child and smiled when he saw that Junmyeon was making an airplane 'fly.' 

"Jun-jun,"  Jongin called out and received an excited hum from the younger, "Daddy's going to be here any minute.  Get ready for our early dinner."

Today is Saturday.  This is the day that the two look forward to for the whole week.  Jongin gets to see the love of his life that brought the child into their lives.  Junmyeon runs off while Jongin continues to cook the supper.

It wasn't too long until the front door opened.  Jongin put the meat back in the oven and walked out of the kitchen.  Junmyeon was already a bolt of lightening going to the front door with an excited shout.

"Daddy!"  He jumped into the man's arms.

Jongin smiled as he watched the two litter each other's faces with kisses.  "How has my little baby been this week?"  The man asked. 

"I made a paper plane with Sooji!"  He showed off.


Jongin went back to the kitchen after making brief eye-contact with the man.  He took the meat out and made sure it was cooked thoroughly.  He then prepared the table for eating.


"Jongin,"  He heard his name, "how have you been this week?"

Jongin felt the other's arms around his waist.  He smiled and looked down at the pots on the stove.  "I'll talk to you about it before you go to bed, okay?"  He requested.  "There's just too much right now, Sehun."  He continued as Junmyeon came into the kitchen.


Sehun, Jongin's other half, picked the child up and placed him in the high chair. 

__

Junmyeon went to his room to lie down after their meal.  Jongin took his apron off and walked with Sehun to their bedroom.  Sehun combed his fingers through the younger's hair as he leaned in to give small kisses to Jongin.  The younger male smiled and laid back on the bed with his husband.

"So how did this week go for you?"  Sehun asked as he held Jongin close to him. 

Jongin snuggled closer and sighed.  "He's just so energetic, I'm having a hard time catching up with him."  He laughed as he let the older play with his fingers.

"Is there something bothering you, Honey?"  Sehun asked when he noticed the laughs trailed off.

Jongin silently cleared his throat and furrowed his eyebrows.  "I don't think you're going to be happy to hear this.."  He started.

Sehun moved his hand to rub Jongin's nape.  "You can tell me, Jongin.  I need to know, okay?"  He said seriously.  "I want to know every little detail of your feelings."

Jongin blushed and nodded.  "Okay.."  He lifted himself up a bit so they could look eye-to-eye.  "Sehun.. I'm.. I'm pregnant."  He said cautiously.

Sehun's look remained looking concerned.  He pursed his lips and raised his hand to move some of Jongin's hair out of the younger's eyes.  "When did you find out?"  He asked.

"L-last week, I'm so sorry.."  Jongin's eyes start getting wet.

"No, no, Dear-"  Sehun thumbed the forming tears.  "Shh,.."  He held the other's shoulders and put their lips together briefly. 


Jongin's tears streamed out despite Sehun's efforts.  "I wanted to make sure, but I should have told you when I figured out."  Jongin confessed when they started hugging.

"There's nothing to be sorry for."  Sehun tried coaxing.  "We have another baby, what's wrong with that?" 

"What's wrong?  Sehun, can we take care of another one?  I barely have enough energy for Junmyeon, I don't want our next one to feel slighted."

"Jongin,"  Sehun started in a stern voice, "listen to me.  We can't change it and I won't let you beat yourself over this.  We have responsibility." 

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows and sat up.  He put his knees to his chest and watched Sehun.  "You're already working to the bone though.." 

Sehun sat up and smiled.  "Everything will be fine, Love.  Don't worry about anything.  I'll make sure you three can live comfortably, okay?"

"Why only you?  Isn't it unfair?"  Jongin whispered.


Sehun's smile remained as he took Jongin's left hand.  He thumbed the small stone before kissing the hand.  "I made a promise to you and Junmyeon that I won't ever let you suffer."  He started before separating the younger's knees.

He went between Jongin's legs and kissed Jongin's stomach.  "And I'm making another promise that I'll take care of this next life too."  He said softly. 

Jongin couldn't help but smile.  "You're too good for us.."  He said silently.

"Jongdae likes kids, doesn't he?  He's offered to help whenever we needed it."  Sehun mentioned.  "You're almost done high school, so that won't be an obstacle when this lovely one grows bigger." 


Jongin nodded and watched as Sehun rubbed his stomach.  "What about work?"  He asked.

Sehun shook his head.  "There's no need–I have us taken care of.  I want you to be comfortable here with our kids."  He said as he moved toward Jongin's lips.

Their lips lock for a brief moment.  "It's unfair for you.."  Jongin said weakly.

"Everything will work out, okay?  Let's just work hard for the future instead of worrying about it."  He said softly before putting his face in Jongin's neck, making the younger lay back down.


Jongin smiled at the other's cuddling.  He wrapped his arms around his husband and closed his eyes.  "Good night, Love."  Sehun said as he was slowly drifting off.

"Good night.."  Jongin replied after Sehun fell asleep.


Although Jongin wasn't sleepy-tired, he was exhausted from the events of the week.  Now that him being newly-pregnant was off his chest, he could relax better. 


***

The next week went like normal.  Sehun returned to work and school and Jongin took care of Junmyeon while going to high school.  It is currently lunch break, and Jongin is sitting with the remaining friends who are still in high school.  A couple of them had to repeat a grade due to personal decisions.

"So, Jongin, what's been up with you and Sehun recently?"  One asked.

"Not.. too much., Minseok."  Jongin said as he scratched his head.

The other two were skeptical.  "What's wrong?"  Another one asked.

"Does there have to be something wrong, Baekhyun?"  Jongdae asked with folded arms.  "But is there?"  He was curious as his gaze went to Jongin.


Jongin sighed.  They'll know within a few months anyway..  He decided to speak.  "We're pregnant."  He said as he played with the noodles he brought from home.

"Dang, again?"  Baekhyun asked in disbelief. 

"It's only the second time, Baek.."  Jongdae stepped in.

Jongin was confused.  "Why are you defending me, Jongdae?  You made fun of me when I was pregnant with Junmyeon.."  He brought up.


Jongdae coughed a bit and folded his arms.  "I just don't think we should make fun of you.  Last time you and Sehun just didn't care about consequences." 

Jongin saw Minseok and Baekhyun laughing while typing on their phones.  "What are you two giggling about?"  He asked with an unamused tone.

"We're just spreading the news, that's all."  Baekhyun replied in a laugh.  "Seriously, how many more times are you going to forget that you can get pregnant?" 


Jongin slammed his forehead on the table.  He felt his phone buzz and he took it out.  He saw countless texts from his family–his parents even!  They're all bad-mouthing him.  Oh I hope Sehun's not being pestered too..  He regrets being open to his friends. 

Jongdae clicks his tongue and takes his phone out.


Jongdae (11:45am)
I want to go home with you
for a chat.


Jongin looks up from his phone to see Jongdae focused on something else.  He turned off his phone display and stood up.  "I'm not in the mood to eat."  He said, putting his leftovers in his backpack.


He made his way to the next class without the other three with a sigh.  Glad that Sehun didn't treat me like that, but I can only guess how he feels now..  Jongin knows that his and Sehun's feelings are linked.  Ever since they started a serious relationship, they've been able to feel each others emotions even without being next to each other.

It was special to them—they knew what made them happy or sad; interested or mad.  You name it and they automatically think about what the other would think about it.  They clicked like Legos. 

He takes out his phone and looks at the text screen.  Sehun's the contact. 


Jongin (11:58am)
I love you.. <3


He knows that Sehun's working right now.  But he can't help but give him a little message to calm the storm of both their friends and family making fun of them of getting pregnant again.  At least Junmyeon will have a sibling to play with, right?



Meanwhile, the table went silent after a few more jokes were told.  Jongdae cleared his throat, earning the attention of the other two. 

"I don't think we should make fun of him too much this time.  He's really stressed out with Junmyeon and school as it is."  He told them in a serious tone.

The playful attitudes were gone from Minseok and Baekhyun.  "That's true," Baekhyun agreed, "Sehun works day and night for them.  They need a break."

Minseok smiled and looked between them with a smile.  "Why don't we set up a weekend vacation then?  Sehun has work off those days and we can take care of Junmyeon."  He suggested.

Jongdae nodded.  "That could work.  We'll have to make sure we know the weekend schedules for both of them though.  You never know when they need to change it."  He mentioned, earning agreeing nods from the other two.

"How about you go home with him today and indirectly pry around their schedules?"  Baekhyun suggested to Jongdae.


Jongdae smiled.  "Sure, let's get to our classes now."  He said as he noticed the time is getting closer to the start of their next classes.


***

Jongdae seated himself in the car with Jongin.  There was silence as the older drives away from the school.  There was obviously awkwardness as the silence went on for another few minutes.

"Jongin,"  Jongdae decided he needed to break the silence, "can I talk to you about something?"

Jongin slightly looked at the other and hummed in confirmation.

"Why did you think to see if you were pregnant?"  He wondered.  "Did you just have a gut feeling or something?"


Jongin sighed.  "Well.. I never told Sehun that something might have broke a little."  He didn't want to go into too much detail.  He was relieved when he saw Jongdae nod in understandment.  "Why?"

"Well.. What are your plans for the weekend?"  Jongdae lost his confidence.


Jongin stopped at the red light and kept his foot on the break.  He turned his head to look Jongdae in the eyes.  "Sehun's coming over and we're going to eat and then fall asleep like usual."  He told honestly.  "Why are you avoiding telling me why you're curious suddenly?"

Jongdae scratched his neck as he watched the older continue driving when the light turned green.  "Well.. I think I'm pregnant, Jongin."


The statement made Jongin grip the steering wheel and accidentally tap on the break.  Thankfully he's in the parking lot and no one was driving around him.  He turned his head to look at Jongdae for a few seconds.  He swallowed audibly before turning into a parking space.

There was silence as Jongin put the gear in park.  "Run that by me again?"

"Please don't tell the others.."  Jongdae furrowed his eyebrows.

"When.. How.. Why..?"  Jongin's words were jumbled together to the point he couldn't make out anything.

Jongdae sighed.  "Please keep this a secret, but Minseok and I have been dating for the past couple of years."  He told.  "And.. Same thing of what happened to you with.. your new one." 


Jongin nodded and looked at his lap.  "That's why you've been awkward all week.  When did you find out?"

"About a month ago.  I figured the test was just faulty.. but I've been weak in the mornings and.."  Jongdae put his hand over his eyes.  "I went to the doctor and he confirmed it."

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows and held onto the other's shoulder.  "Does Minseok know?"

"No.. I haven't told him.  The doctor said last week that I've been pregnant for about two months now.. Which is pretty much accurate."  Jongdae looked defeated.  "What should I do?"


Jongin sighed and held onto Jongdae's hand.  Just like Sehun did for him, he rubbed circles on his hand.  "Don't worry over it.  The first step is to tell Minseok.  He has all the right to know.  He's a very passionate student, he wouldn't leave you because of this."


Jongdae nodded and smiled sadly.  "Th-thanks.. I'm sorry for ruining your day with this though."

Jongin shook his head.  "Don't worry, Dae, everything's fine.  And if Minseok does leave, you can always bring your lovely to my place while you work."

"But you already-"

"Friends help each other.  I know that even through all of the joking you did to me when I got pregnant with Junmyeon, you were only being friends and wanting to lighten me up somehow. You would have stopped and helped me if I needed it."  Jongin gave his feelings to Jongdae.


After a couple more minutes of hugging, the younger finally calmed down enough.  "I'm going to get Junmyeon now.  Be back in a bit."  He told before leaving the car.


***

Sehun yawned as it was nearing to the end of his shift.  He put some papers in a folder before putting the folder in the filing cabinet.  He rubbed his eyes and turned off his computer.  He stood up and saw Minseok walk into his office.

"Seok?  What are you doing here?"  He asked as this is most definitely a first. 

"Shh, just walk."  Minseok instructed.

Sehun tried to stand his ground, but the younger managed to move him.  "I need to go home-"

"We're going, just walk."  Minseok interrupted while walking the man to the elevators.



The younger made Sehun sit down in his car.  Sehun watched his car being left behind as Minseok drove out of the office parking lot.  Instantly, Sehun detected that this was not the way to his and Jongin's apartment.  Sehun was beyond skeptical as he watched the road.

Instead of being on the main highway, Minseok went on the interstate.  We're leaving town..  Sehun inwardly commented and watched the other cars on the road.  Wherever he's taking me, I'm sure it's going ot be awhile until we get there.  He concluded.

He put his head to the side and got comfortable in his seat.

"Sleep well, Hyung."  Minseok said softly.

Sehun hummed and did just that—sleep. 



"Wake up,"  Minseok's soft voice filled Sehun's ears, "Hyung, we're here."

Sehun looked around and saw he was at a beach house.  Minseok opened his car door and went onto Sehun's side.  He helped the other out and walked him to the porch of the house.

"Where are we?"  He asked as he shook the sleep out of his head.

"Just go inside."  Minseok instructed as he walked back to the car.  "See you tomorrow!"


And with that, Minseok drove off.  Sehun sighed and turned toward the building.  Well I'm trapped here either way..  He was beyond confused already.  However, when he opened the door, another wave of confusion filled his mind.

He saw another person in the house.  The person turned around from looking at a painting on a wall. 

"Jongin?"

"Sehun?"


They looked at each other in silence for a moment.  "Junmyeon!"  They both shouted at the same time and reached for their phones.  However, the devices weren't there.

"Oh no.."  Jongin furrowed his eyebrows and held his hair.  "Wh-who's watching him?"  He panicked as he looked around the room for a landline.

Everything clicked in Sehun's mind.  "Love, stop.  Come here."  He requested kindly.

Jongin looked back at him for a second.  He cautiously walked over to Sehun and locked eyes with him.  "What is it?"  He muttered.

"Minseok brought me here, who brought you here?"  He asked as he put his hand in the other's locks, massaging Jongin's nape in an effort to calm Jongin down.

"Baek.."  He answered.

"Jongdae must be watching Junmyeon."  He suggested.


Jongin nodded and looked at the floor.  "Makes sense.."  He agreed.

"Let's look around to see if we can find any clues, you know how they set these sorts of things up."  He tried to get the mood to be happier.

Jongin once again nodded with a faint smile.  "Yeah.. I'll search in the bedroom, you take the kitchen and living room."  He suggested.


They leave each other to look at the places.  Sehun found a note on the kitchen table instantly.  "Jongin!  I found a letter!"  He called out and opened the envelope. 

"What does it say?"  Jongin asked as he got to the kitchen.


"Dear Parents,

  We notice that you two have been working really hard
to make sure Junmyeon stays happy and healthy.  We three
decided that you guys need a break before your new
love-one is here.  You two will stay in this house over night
and relax while we take care of Junmyeon collectively.
Don't worry about a thing, the landline is in the bedroom.

Have fun!
  Your friends."


Sehun put the letter down and looked at Jongin.  Jongin had a small smile and held his arm.  "They just wanted us to relax.."  He said in a relieved tone.  "Those idiots.."


Sehun copied the soft smile and put his arms around Jongin.  "Let's relax then."  He suggested.

"Are you sleepy?"  Jongin asked as they walk to the back porch.

Sehun opened the door and saw a swinging bench.  "Sleep can come later.  I want to talk to you for more than ten minutes."  He confessed as they sat down together.  "Not about stressful stuff though."

Jongin chuckled lightly and put his head on Sehun's shoulder.  The view was beautiful and calming.  "I'm pregnant.."  He said softly.

"Does that stress you out?"  Sehun asked as he took Jongin's hand and massaged the fingers.

"It did at first,"  Jongin confessed, "but then I remembered that you'd love me no matter how many times I surprisingly get pregnant."  He laughed.


Sehun smiled and nodded.  "It's going to take a toll on you, isn't it?"

"No,"  Jongin started, "it'll only make me stronger.  As long as you're with me, I'll keep staying strong." 


Sehun blushed at the cheesiness of the younger's comment.  "That I will, Love.  Even if I don't get to see you all day every day, you're still the sunshine in my life." 

Jongin slapped the older's chest teasingly.  "Shut up."  He joked as he lifted his head.

They lock eyes for a brief moment before they lock their lips.  A hand finds its way to Jongin's nape, bringing him closer with a tilt of his head.


The kiss died down after a minute or two.  "I'm ready for another baby,"  Sehun said as he reached to hold Jongin's stomach, "I'm sure Junmyeon will be happy too."


"What about work?"

"I said nothing stressful."  Sehun said with a laugh.

Jongin nodded and held the hand that was still on his stomach.  "I still want to know.  Will you have enough time to know this baby?  Or will he grow up without you?"

Sehun shook his head.  "Don't worry, Love.  I'll make sure that even our fourth child will know everything about both of their parents."  He promised before putting their lips together.


Jongin smiled in the kiss and sighed happily.  "Now I remember why I fell in love with you—you never lie to me."  Jongin spoke softly.

Sehun chuckled.  "How could I lie to you?  You can detect everything about me." 


There was a lot more lovey-dovey talk before the afternoon turned to evening.  The couple enjoyed cooking and eating a meal together and taking a nice, warm bubble bath afterward.  At the end of the night, they laid down.


"I love you so much,"  Sehun whispered as he kissed down to Jongin's neck.  He had his arms wrapped around his other half protectively.  "Even how many hours I'm gone away from you three, always remember that I love you and I would sacrifice everything for you to stay happy."


"I know you would,"  Jongin started with a smile, "and just remember this, Sehun:  We will always be grateful for your sacrifice."  Jongin stated.


They fall asleep and wake the next late morning.  Baekhyun comes to pick the two up, and their lives went back to the same thing as before.  However, they kept their smiles on their lips and love in their hearts as they continue to live on with the knowledge of their love for each other.



"One day, we'll be a complete family."



 


The feels got hit hard in this one.
I hope the story was interesting and the ending wasn't too disappointing.
At the end of the day, Sehun is a hard-working man that never forgets about his family.
Hopefully they'll be able to spend more time with each other soon.
Thank you for requesting again!

<3