The Follower

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
SHINeeMe08


Pairing
(SHINee) Minho x Onew


Genres
Horror and Romcom



Plot
Author's Choice


Author
Charlot1081


 



"Well look who decided to finally wake up,"  Jinki said, seeing Minho stroll into the kitchen, "it's about time.  Do you know what time it is?" 

Minho yawned and looked at the clock, seeing the time being 10:45am.  He srhugged and sat down at the table where the older has a cup of coffee.  "It's my day off."  He said, taking the bowl at his place and filling it with cereal.

"Your day off, a.k.a., the day we're supposed to be going out shopping."  Jinki said, rising from his chair and taking the milk out of the fridge.


Minho sighed and poured the milk.  "Look, it's not my fault,"  He started seriously, making the other male look at him with concern, "I kept hearing something last night.  It sounded like someone was playing with the lock of one of the windows and I couldn't fall asleep."  Minho explained himself as he held his forehead.

Jinki hummed and sat down across the table.  "You heard something too then.."  He said, thinking back on last night.  "But I slept through most of it."  He scratched his neck.

"I got up to look around, and I noticed a branch was outside one of the windows.  When I took it off, it finally stopped making a noise."  Minho said.  "By this time, it was like five o'clock."  He explained, picking up some cereal with his spoon.


Jinki watched him drain the milk from the spoon before eating the cereal.  "Hm.. The weather was a bit windy last night.  Hopefully you'll get better sleep tomorrow."  He stood up and walked to the coffee pot.


Minho takes out his phone and scrolls through the morning news.  Some things were political while other things were about food products.  However, something struck his attention.  He clicked on an article and put his spoon down, causing the other male to look back at Minho with concern.  "Is everything okay?"  Jinki asked.

"There's an article,"  Minho said before clearing his throat, "'Thirty-one year-old Jin Soomin has escaped prison and has been hiding.'  He's a serial killer."  He read bits and pieces of the article.


Jinki hitched his breath and put his coffee cup down.  "What if that was him last night?"  Jinki asked.

Minho raised an eyebrow.  "Nah, it was the branch."  He said, putting his phone down.  "Besides, no man is tougher than me.  I will protect you."  He winked.


Jinki blushed and walked to Minho when he signaled.  Jinki sat down on the younger's thigh and leaned down to kiss him.  "I know.."  He admitted softly.  "Eat the rest of breakfast and then we can go out."  He said, standing and walking to their bedroom.


***

Entering the store, Minho looks around at the various sweets on display.  Donuts and brownies can be smelled from the bakery and it's drawing the tall male near to it.  Jinki grips the man's shirt and looks at the list in his hand. 

"We didn't come here for sweets."  He said, turning the man with the buggy to the laundry supply aisle. 

"But I want cookies.."  Minho mumbled.

Jinki clicked his tongue and picked up some detergent.  "Well if you want to spend all of our hard-earned money on sweets instead of supplies for the house, then fine.  We'll just go protein deprived, have dirty laundry, and no gas."  He shrugged, letting go Minho's shirt.


Minho pouted and looked at the stuff on the end of the aisle.  "Hey, look!  I used to have these kinds of straws when I was a kid."  He pointed at the long, twistie straws.  "Mom would make me chocolate milk and I would drink it with one."  He told the story as Jinki picked up a box of dishwasher pods.

"Mhm,"  Jinki crossed it off his list, "I think that she probably made you caramels too."  He said, recounting the stories Minho told him during their dating period.


Minho looked at the older and folded his arms.  "Why are you so upset with me today?"  He asked seriously.  "You don't like dealing with my childishness often, but this is next-level."  He said in suspicion.

Jinki breathed in and out.  "I just.. I've been stressing over him, okay?"  He said with a sigh.  "It's been three years since my little brother went missing, and to hear a serial killer is out there.. I'm afraid."  He put the list down and held his forehead.


Minho lowers his shoulders and walks up to the older.  "Hey.. Taemin's alive and well."  He assured.  "He'll show up with a fur coat, diamond ring, and a man holding his waist.  He's a strong boy, Jinki."  He said, imagining Taemin being spoiled by a handsome, loving man.

Jinki smiled at the thought.  "You really think so..?"  He muttered.

"I know so."  Minho said confidentally.  "Now let's finish this list, get home, and cuddle.  I want you to have a stress-free afternoon."  He said softly, kissing the shorter's forehead.


Jinki smiled up at him and nodded.  "Next thing is milk.. I want to make you some cookies."  He said with blushed cheeks.

Minho smiled victoriously.  "I'll still get my sweets!"  He said, pushing the buggy.

Jinki laughed and picked the milk from the door.  "The difference is, you'll help make them and we'll have fun together."  He said, poking Minho's chest.

Just as Minho took the older's finger, the power goes out.  They look at each other through the darkness.  The windows from above cast a little light into the store. 

"Hello?"  Minho calls out. 

No one calls back them.  They hold hands as they leave their cart at the freezer.  Walking around, Jinki flinches when he hears a bag moving.  "Minho,"  He got closer to male when he heard an exhale that didn't come from either of the males.

"Let's go to the front."  Minho whispered, walking past the aisles they just came from.  They went to the front and saw the blinds were down.  Minho tried opening the door, but the door was locked. 

Jinki hitches his breath when he hears a footstep.  "Minho,"  He poked, "Minho."  He tried getting the man's attention.

"Sh, I'm trying to get the door open."  Minho pushed the other's finger off of him.

"Minho, someone's here.  Someone's watching us."  He whispered.


Minho looked up from the door and looked around.  He then spotted something moving.  "Maybe the store is haunted."  Minho joked as he went back to the door, trying to hack the passcode.

"I'm being serious!"  Jinki slapped Minho's shoulder.

Something falls from a shelf nearby, making the two snap the direction.  They look at each other for a few seconds.  "That wasn't me,"  Jinki said, "I guess it's just the ghost, isn't it?"

Minho swallowed audibly and tried once more to open the door.  "We're stuck in here.  This glass won't break easily."  He knocked on the glass door.

Jinki thinks and looks around.  He sees the bright red words in the corner.  "The emergency exit."  He whispered.

Minho looked the direction.  They would have to go all the way back to the dairy section to get there.  They look at each other and nod.  They start on their way; however, they hear foot steps behind them.  "Faster."  Minho didn't whisper that time as he took Jinki's hand, running them to the sign. 

Things get knocked over as they run to the emergency exit.  "Ahh!"  Minho screamed as he heard a grumble from behind.  He knew it wasn't Jinki.

Jinki noticed the taller male becomming weaker.  He then holds Minho's hand tightly and starts running them faster, leading them to the exit.  He pushes the door open and the sirens go off.  They ran around to the front of the store, seeing police cars and a fire truck down the street.


The manager looked at them in shock.  "Are you two okay?"  He asked. 

"We're fine,"  Jinki answered, "I think someone was in there."  He said, looking back at the store.

"I know, I thought I evacuated everyone.  I'm sorry."  The manager said as he watched the police cars come by.


The police did an investigation inside while the peramedics make sure Jinki and Minho are okay.


"We searched the entire store,"  The sheriff said, "we couldn't find anyone else inside.  However, we did look at the CCTV."  He mentioned.  "The serial killer was only a few inches away from stabbing Minho in the back."

Minho began shaking.  "He got away.."  Jinki commented, holding the shaking male.

"That's right.  We'll have someone watching your area for awhile.  You'll be safe, just in case the killer tries any funny business."  The sheriff said. 


The couple look at each other in shock.  "I'm scared, Jinki.."  Minho said.

"I know, me too."  He hugged the giant.



 


 


I don't think it was scary enough, but then again, I didn't want there to be any death or injury involved.
Just knowing some creep is waiting for the most opportune time to strike is scary enough.  *Shudders*
I'm sorry if it wasn't what you wanted, and that it took awhile for me to write.
Thank you for requesting again <3