A Future without You

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
SMTownR

Characters
Mark Tuan (Got7) and Park Ara (OC)


Genres
Romance and Angst

Plot
Author's Choice

Mark breaks up with his girlfriend, and Ara confesses her true feelings.

Disclaimer: I'm sorry for not putting too much romance in this.
 



 

    Mark walked down an isle inside a small convenient store. He reached for a case of instant ramyun, and put it in his shopping cart. Crossing it off of the finely made list, he heaves a sigh that makes him look at his watch. Seeing that it's already evening, he rolled his eyes. How long is shopping supposed to take? He tapped his foot as he waited. Then he heard the sound of her heels - he looked up from the white tiles and at the many bags of vegetables.

"We really need five bags of baby carrots?" Mark asked, accidentally giving an annoyed tone.

He saw her head snap up at him and give him the look he hated the most. No matter how nice he was, he would always receive it.

"Do we need another case of instant ramyun?" She snapped back, putting a hand on her hip.

"We have a lot of space in the pantry or in the fridge." He gave his reasons, not even mentioning that she had bags of other vegetables in her arms as well.

It was her turn to roll her eyes before grabbing the list from his hands. "Whatever, that's all we need."



They make it back to their apartment. After putting the things in the pantry and fridge, they finally relax on the couch. Mark held his head before hissing at the head ache that pulsated from the front.

"I told you to drink more water before shopping." She said, walking to the kitchen to grab out a water bottle.

"Aren't you the smart one?" He gave a sarcastic mutter that didn't go past her ears.


She huffed and threw the bottle at his face. "You know what, Mark? You just keep getting harder and harder to deal with." She said, gritting her teeth. "I think we need to either take a break or break up."


Mark looked up at her in realization. "Remember how much we got together?" Mark recalled the memories.


She sat next to him and patted his shoulder. "My parents were right.. We're not ready for the burdens of being married." She gave a laugh that made Mark stop smiling.

"Do you not love me anymore?" He asked in a soulless tone.


"If I have to be honest, living with you is worse than living with my three brothers. My parents say I can move back in when we get tired of each other." She answered, making eye contact.


He nodded and held her hand. "If it's for the best, Eunri."


She nodded with a comforting smile. She gave a hug before picking up her phone. He watched her walk to her bedroom and shut the door. I guess we weren't in love as much as we thought.. He sadly chuckled aloud before picking up the water bottle. He snapped it open and drank more than half of it in one sitting.




It was a whole month later. Mark decided to go to his favorite restaurant today. He hasn't gone to the place in such a long time. He mostly didn't go there because of Eunri and his friend working there. He doubts that Eunri kept in contact with their friend either, so she must be super suspicious. Mark wanted to go there because he wanted the town's best Udon, and he knew he would get it there.

He walked into the restaurant and already spotted his friend. She gave a smile and walked over.

"Mark! I haven't seen you in ages!" She gave a smile that made Mark's heart warm up.

He always felt a rather positive vibe coming from her. Her name tag upgraded to a golden nameplate with pink flowers along the top border. The name 'Ara' was written in cursive in the center.

He was sat down at a far away table.

"Where have you been?" She sat down, looking at her watch to see it is shift change.

Mark didn't really want to answer, but guessed he should anyway. "Eunri and I broke up." He said in a neutral tone.


Mark supposes that Eunri truly didn't tell anything about them to Ara. Ara had a small frown on, but didn't really show any other sign of sadness.

"That's horrible, are you okay?" She asked, putting her hand closer to Mark's, but not touching it.

Mark nodded and sipped on the soda that the other server brought him. "Guess it was a good thing we found out before we actually got married, right?" He watched her slightly nod and rest her chin on her fist.

"If you need to talk, I'm here, Mark." She said with a silent voice. "You've been my friend for awhile now, and every time you're upset I feel a knot in my stomach."


He looked at her with confused eyes. Why is she being so open suddenly? "I would think you would be out trying to comfort Eunri." He said.


Ara shrugged and looked to the side. "She and I weren't ever really as close as you and I."


Mark looked to the side and copied her posture - having his chin on his fist.

"If you ever want to go have lunch or something, you have my phone number." She said, standing up. She waved while going to the kitchen.




It was about a week later. Mark decided to go to lunch with Ara. They were walking together along a surprisingly quiet road.

"Mark," Ara started, "I have something I need to tell you."


Mark stopped his walking and motioned to a bench that was near by. Sitting, the quiet man gave his attention to her.

"I know this probably means nothing to you, but I've always had a liking to you." She played with her fingernails, deciding not to look the other in the eye. "Eunri had a crush on you when you paid so much attention to her at the amusement park that one time."

"The time when you were sick and couldn't go?" Mark was curious.

She slowly nodded and looked at him. "But I've liked you even before she did,.. I was just to shy to actually say anything." She formed a pitiful smile and kept her gaze fixated on the ground.

Mark held her hands that were fidgeting. "Ara, thank you." He said with a small smile.


They finally made eye contact. Ara's heart started racing faster.

"There's just a problem," He said after a moment, "I've never felt that way for you. You've been like a sister to me."


Her heart shattered. She sadly chuckled. "Perhaps a step sister?" She wanted there to be a touch of hope.

"More like a twin sister." He clinched his teeth a bit.


She nodded and stood up. "I have to go, Mark.. I can't live with myself anymore. Please don't contact me." She wiped her tears away before leaving.


Mark didn't have time to respond to her. He stood up and ran after her, but he noticed a car coming. He refrained from crossing the road and just watched the traffic roll by.



"You didn't even let me finish, Ara.." He whispered, looking at the direction she ran.

He received a notification that Ara blocked him. He sighed and sat back down on the bench.


"But I wouldn't mind to change our relationship.."



 


He copied her sad laughing as he lay on the bench.


 



I usually write happy endings.. I'm sorry o.o'
Thank you for requesting <3