Broken hearts can be mended in a matter of seconds by the right person.

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Ann1914


Pairing
Kim Wonpil (Day6) x Hanna (OC)


Genres
Romance, Cute


Plot
During Christmas, both get dumped by their significant other by the huge Christmas tree. They accidentally see it happen to each other which makes it awkward. Both are shy but don't want to spend Christmas alone.


Author
SMTownR

 

 

 


Hanna but her lip trying to blink away the tears that formed in her eyes she held her tightly to stop fidgeting whilst looking at the man of her dreams, her crush, the man she was convinced that she was going to get married. Three hours ago she had contacted Lee Jaewook, the man of her dreams well in reality he was one of her friends, not really close but in time she managed to break the barriers between them and she was sure that they had something going on. Exiting her house with confidence that by the end of Christmas Eve she would be the Prius girlfriend of Lee Jaewook. She squealed every now and then until... until reality hits her.


Thirty minutes ago before Jaewook arrived she watched a rather heartbreaking scene unfold before her eyes making her heart hammer against her chest reminding her that this was a possible scenario that could happen to her. She watched this man confess a very pretty woman with a huge bouquet of roses, cliche she thought but nevertheless watched them wishing the man good luck mentally. 'I'm sending all the positive energies to you.' She clasped her hand while the crowd started to surround them as the man held the guitar and started to serenad under the huge Christmas tree in the Lotte Mall, the very place that Hanna too selected to confess the man of her dreams.


Hanna frowned as she watched the woman remained unfazed and unimpressed, the man's face started to fall as he too realised that this was not going to end well. His voice was beautiful, Hanna had to admit that and his voice, when he started singing, sounded very angelic and full of life and meaningful but as realisation hits him the song lost its meaning and his voice sounded heartbroken. Hanna could feel the devastating feeling. She could imagine being in his position. The woman gets closer to him and then says something that cannot be heard by everyone and then leaves but his facial expression explained everything that needn't be told.


Hanna turned away from the scene and had to give words of encourage to herself. The confident girl that arrived form home hours earlier had died as reality starts to sink in. She wanted Christmas to be the specific day she'd get a boyfriend but she did not consider the possibility of being heartbroken. She was too stupid and maybe over confident to run through the possibility that Jaewook might reject her. But, there was something inside her that said that they would work out and so she held onto that belief.


But...


All of it...


The confidence...


The belief...


The possibility...


Everything was flushed down the toilet...


Even before Hanna could confess she was rejected. Apparently, Jaewook was aware of the fact that Hanna was going to confess, well, no, in reality he knew even before that Hanna liked him and he never addressed those feelings. He did not have to be a and reject her on Christmas while giving hope prior to it. He did not just ruin her current Christmas but in fact all the upcoming Christmas was ruined with this horrible memory. "Thank you very much, you mothering jerk for ruining all my Christmas by giving me this horrible present." She wanted to yell at the back that was leaving her behind all heartbroken.


"No," she righted her fist. "I'm not letting my Christmas get ruined by you after all the hope you gave stupid bastard." She said with her teeth gritted but suddenly her tensed shoulders eased as she felt a hand on them. She turned to look behind her and was surprised to see the man from before, the man who suffered the same fate as her. She almost chuckled in bitterness but instead raised a brow. "Hello?" She greeted him unsurely.



And that's how they found themselves sitting in a coffee shop in awkward silence. "I know this is weird. By the way, I'm Kim Wonpil, a college student." Hanna nodded her head and then introduced herself also revealing herself to be a college student. They found out that they studied in two different colleges.


"It right to be rejected. I know the feeling." He started while she nodded wondering if she should tell him that she saw the scene or not. "Well, actually I saw." She told in a very timid voice since it seemed as if she saw something she should not have. He laughed awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. "Oh, you did..." Another chuckle again and then a sigh. "I shouldn't have prepared so much." 


She reached for his hand instinctively. "No, it's just... I think these are all learning experiences." Look who's speaking, she thought, because it was just few minutes ago when she was fuming not ready to accept the rejection. He laughed at her response and tightened the hold in their intertwined hands. Hanna blushed when she realised what she did.


"Learning, eh? Well, I don't feel bad anymore. This is like that feeling you know, the feeling when you and your friend both end up not doing an assignment. It feels that way since I'm not alone in facing a horrible rejection during Christmas." He said for which laughed wholeheartedly.


"Well, then!" She stood up. "I have a plan. Why don't we celebrate Christmas together? We were supposed to have fun with those s but since we are in the same boat why don't we do it together? I certainly don't want to go home all bummed out and play the role of a gloomy teenager in front of our parents. So...... Let's go have fun ourselves!!" And who was Kim Wonpil to ignore all these excitement of this girl. He was pretty sure that this Christmas was going to be the best ever.



Walking down the illuminating Seoul city there was colours everywhere and don't forget the couples all cuddling with each other finding warmth and solace. Hanna and Wonpil weren't a couple therefore they did not hold hands nor were their shoulders touching. Hanna knew that they should make them forget the fact that they got their heartbroken both of them had to have fun with zero discomfort. Hanna learned that despite Wonpil's bold move to invite her to coffee to share their mutual understanding regarding the fact that they were rejected, he was in fact a very shy boy. Therefore, Hanna decided that she too should be bold and hold his hand which she did earning a very red Wonpil looking at her.


She raised their intertwined hands. "Well, another proposition, let's be a couple for a day. I heard that there will be fireworks soon and then maybe we could do for a drink or two and rant as much as we want." She hopped at every steps dragging him to a street stall without warning and without even a word.


As she downed every fish cake and corndogs he could only wave goodbye to the money in his wallet but there was some thing warm spreading in his chest as he watched her cheeks puff out with the mouthful of corndogs or fish are making her look absolutely adorable. Stupid heart was just shattered few minutes ago but now it's racing again... No.. No.. That wasn't the right way to describe it, it's more like she revived his dead.. no not dead more like broken heart, yes, broken heart. He smiled and did not worry about the money anymore.


"Well, my boyfriend why don't you try some?" And without a warning she stuffed some fish cake into his mouth. This girl was full of no warnings, she just abruptly gave him this offer (though it was him who approached her in the beginning). He decided that this night was not going to be as bad as he thought. He was having fun and he was also starting to warm up in her presence. She seemed to be a fun person to be around.


"You know what!" She now swung their arms as they walked towards the place where it was said that you could get the best view of the fireworks. He hummed in response waiting her to continue. "I chose this place so after he accepted me we can go watch the fireworks together and I never considered the possibility of rejection. And I know telling you this would make you slightly or maybe more uncomfortable but nevertheless I wanted to see this fireworks no matter together or alone but I think coming here with you was more better than coming with him." She said looking up at the sky. It did not snow today despite the freezing temperature. The sky was clouded though and what else do you expect but soon they were gonna witness the colourful sky.


"I thought that the tree there was beautiful and the perfect spot to confess someone but I don't regret confessing her and getting rejected because if I haven't  decided it earlier then we would have never met. Maybe his must have been destiny bringing us together." Hanna elbowed him and let out a boisterous laugh.


"Well, it's not even hours since we met but it's already like you are deciding to settle with me." She grinned looking at him with a sparkle in her eyes. Wonpil smiled and then looked up at the sky that was now illuminated with colours, his lips parted and his eyes widened as he watched in awe. Hanna smiled not at the fireworks but at his face. Her heart and mind was at ease. Just few hours ago they were heartbroken and ready to grab an ice cream and wallow over some people who broke their hearts but right now all of those feelings faded away and replaced with a new sensation.


Maybe it is destiny.
 

Wonpil reached for Hanna's hand and intertwined their hands again and then buried it deep inside his pocket. He smiled glancing at her and then looking back at the fireworks. Stepping close to her he whispered. "We are coming here next Christmas."