Sacrifice

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Jessica


Characters
(Seventeen) Woozi and Dino


Genres
Hurt/Comfort


Plot
Chan wakes up feeling a bit unwell, but has to go to the studio to record his part for their next song. Whilst recording, Jihoon notices that Chan looks a bit sick but brushes it off since Chan was getting on okay. Chan ends up fainting and wetting himself as a result, and is really embarrassed by it all, so Jihoon comforts him


Author
Charlot1081



 



    It was fairly early in the morning.  The boys needed to be up and moving about so that they'll be ready to record later on in the day.  Chan, sharing a room with Seungkwan and Junhui, sits up when the Mansae alarm went off.  He rubbed his eyes and groaned when a sharp feeling hit his throat. 

The other two members left before Chan stood up.  His vision blurred for a moment and he tried to keep balance.  Having a pang in his head, he fell back onto the bed.  He wiped his forehead from built-up sweat.  No, no.. I can't be getting the flu right now.  He furrowed his eyebrows as he was trying to come up with an explanation why he feels like this.

He's definitely had this feeling before.  He knows what it is but he wants to deny it.  "Recording.."  He mumbled before standing back up with his eyes closed.  "I need to record."  He told himself as he walked out of the room.



The smell of kimchi and fried rice fills his sense, and he's ready to puke.  He shook his head as he headed to the bathroom.  He took a look in the mirror and frowned.  "I don't look that bad." He muttered.

The bathroom door was opened and the person looked at Chan with shock.  "Dino-ah, are you okay?"  Jeonghan held his shoulder. 

"I'm fine, Hyung.  I just need a shower."  He lied with an equally as fake smile. 

The older nodded and handed the fresh towel to him.  "You take yours first then."  He instructed. 

Chan bowed and watched the door close back up.  He sighed and lifted his shirt.  Only moments later did the door open again with the same hyung giving him a change of clothes. 


The morning turns into the afternoon.  The boys had been in the practice room almost all day learning new choreography and practicing the lyrics Jihoon gave each of them.  The lyrics were a bit different compared to the last comeback, but they were prepared for it–or at least they're preparing for it.

"Alright everyone, please go to the recording studio in age order."  Jihoon announced himself leaving the practice room.

The hyung-line slowly make their way out of the door when Jihoon left.  Chan mumbled non-existant words as he sat down on the floor and looked at the mirror across the room.

It's already noon.  Only a few hours left until I can get back to bed.  He inwardly smiled at the thought of more sleep.  I wish I never woke up today..  He continued his thought as he closed his eyes.

It wasn't weird that he's resting.  The other members did just as much work as he did.  Although he normally has more energy, it is a new choreography.  It even put stress on Soonyoung's body!



"Dino,"  There was a voice, "Dino.." 


There was someone gently shaking his shoulder.  "Lee Chan, wake up." 

Chan opened his eyes to see Jihoon bent down at him.  He nodded.  "Sorry, Hyung."  He said silently and looked around the practice room.

The whole room was empty with just the two.  He stood up and walked with the shorter out of the room.  They made their way to the recording room in silence.  Jihoon watched the younger in the corner of his eye during the walk and furrowed his eyebrows.

He doesn't normally fall asleep after practicing...  He thought as he opened the door and let Chan walk into the room.  He watched the younger go into the microphone room with a pair of headphones.

"Alright!"  Chan growled.  "Let's do this!" 

No.. maybe he just didn't get too much sleep.  He looks pretty hyped.  Jihoon nodded and the beat.  He watched the maknae dance a bit and rap to Seungcheol's voice.  Then it was Chan's turn to rap.  He did it with a lot of energy.

Jihoon smiled at the other's energy level.  Although that's not how he wanted the song to go, he was happy that Chan wasn't hurt.  "Dino!  Less aggressive please."

"Is the camera on you by chance?"  Chan laughed as he adjusted his shirt.

Jihoon smirked.  "Not today, Chan."  He replied through the microphone.


Chan kept on laughing until his throat started hurting.  He quickly grabbed the water bottle Seungkwan left in the room and drank from it.  He tried not to show his pain as he knows that Jihoon's eyes are on him.  We'll be done soon.  He assured himself as he kept on the front.

"Let's go again!"  Jihoon said before turning the music back on.

Chan read his lines as he waited for his turn.  He started rapping a bit less aggressively.  At the end, he had a hard time catching his breath.  He held the wall next to him as his vision started blurring like this morning.

Jihoon looked up from looking at the lyric sheet.  He stood up abruptly and went into the little, windowed room.  "Chan-ah?"  Jihoon held the younger, making Chan squeal.

"Hyung!"  He said in a saddened tone as he was sat down on the couch.

"What?  What's wrong?"  Jihoon asked in a panic.

Chan looked down with furrowed eyebrows.  Jihoon followed the trail and saw Chan's jeans a bit wet.  "It's alright-"

Jihoon was interrupted by Chan's sobbing before the younger went quiet.  "Chan?"  Jihoon watched Chan's body fall off of the couch.

"Chan?!"  Jihoon was overreacting as he laid the younger down on the couch.  He felt there was a pulse and saw the breath from Chan's body.


He sighed and locked the door to the recording room.  He scratched the back of his head while watching Chan's passed out figure.  He should have told me he was sick..  He mostly blames himself for not bringing it up this morning at the practice room.


An hour passes by and the younger still isn't awake.  By this time, Jihoon receives a text.

Seungcheol (1:34pm)
Hey, how's recording going?

Jihoon (1:36pm)
Pretty okay.. Chan just
needs a rest.



Jihoon didn't want to lie, but he also didn't want to embarass the younger.  It's one thing to pass out from being sick, it's another thing when you're a groan man and wet yourself.  He doesn't know whether or not Chan would feel embarrassed with the other members knowing.  To play it safe, he hasn't said anything to anyone.

Another thirty minutes pass before Jihoon noticed the other moving.  He puts his phone down and watches.  "Chan?"  He said softly.  "Can you hear me?" 

Chan opened his eyes and turned his head.  "Wa-wat-"

"Shh,"  Jihoon stood up and got a water bottle, "sit up slowly."  He helped the younger sit up.

"Drink slowly."  He instructed.

Chan did as the older told him.  He put the bottle down and put his hands in his lap by instinct.  That's when he remembered.  He instantly looked down with a slight sigh.

"Don't worry, Chan-ah.  No one's come by here."  He said as he rubbed circles on Chan's back.  "Let's just sit here for a bit, okay?"

Chan looked into the older's eyes.  "You.. you won't make fun of me?"  Chan asked in a small voice.


Jihoon shook his head.  "Of course not.  Why would I do that?"  He asked with a raised eyebrow and smile.  "It's not funny."

Chan averted his eyes and looked down at the other's custom-picked couch.  "Just.."

"Chan, why didn't you tell me you didn't feel well?  I feel bad for putting you through so much today."  Jihoon confessed. 

Chan sighed.  "I need to work for the fans and Seventeen."

Jihoon shook his head.  "We have quite awhile until our next comeback—taking a few days off to make sure your health is in check will not make us or the fans upset."  He schooled.


Chan nodded and clasped his hands.  "I'm an idiot.."

Jihoon shook his head once more.  "No, Chan.  You're hard-working.  I'm really impressed on how much you dealt with, but you need to take a break.  You can't stress your body out like that.  I won't let you."  He said, bringing him into a hug.

"Hyung..  You don't normally hug people.  Are you sick?"  Chan asked with shock.


Jihoon laughed a bit.  "It's not pathetic to care for your dongsaengs sometimes."  He whispered.

"Thank you, Hyung."  Chan copied the soft tone.


There was a knock at the door.  The two disconnect and look at each other.  Jihoon then grabbed his jacket from his spinny chair.  "Put this around you."  He instructed.

Chan did as the older said and finished by the time Jihoon opened the door.  Mingyu and Seokmin come in with confused expressions.

"Hey, it's been awhile."  Seokmin started.  "Is everything okay here?"


Jihoon looked back at the maknae once before smiling. "Everything's fine.  Dino's voice is a bit sore from practicing this morning.  We'll come back tomorrow to finish up."

Mingyu looked between them and nodded.  "Do you want something to eat, Dino?  Your face looks a bit pale."  He reached to feel Chan's forehead with the back of his hand.

Chan smiled and nodded.  "We'll meet you guys back home."  He said.


The two say their good-bye's and leave the recording room.

"Thanks, Hyung."  Chan said silently as he cautiously put his arms around Jihoon.

"Just be careful, that's all we want."  Jihoon whispered back while patting the younger's back.




 



Hello!  Thank you so much for requesting~
Thinking about Chan being sick really hurts, and it hurt me to write him being through that.
But at the same time, it warmed my heart that Jihoon took care of our Maknae.
I hope that this one-shot didn't disappoint you, and let's enjoy Seventeen's comeback together~

<3