Can't be any Worse

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Jinqui

Pairing
(WayV) Kun x Xiaojun
Featuring the other WayV members
Staff member: Zhenye



Genres
Angst

Plot

Xiaojun and Kun used to date but broke up before their debut. Kun is now with Ten and Xiaojun is happy for them (or so he likes to think) but he can't force himself to forget his ex. After a while he start dating one of the staff members little he knows that the man it's doing only for a bet.

Author
Charlot1081

 

 

    Xiaojun watched their recording. They were recording for a music video, Moonwalk. He held his chin as he watched himself dance on the screen. He then locked eyes with Kun's recorded eyes. He fought the blush that creeped onto his cheeks. No, no, no! I'm over him. He shook his head.

 

"You okay?" A staff member asked.

 

"I'm fine, Zhenye-ge." Xiaojun bowed. "I'm just thirsty." He lied.

 

Kun watched the other walk off with Zhenye. He was instantly reminded about Xiaojun's broken heart. He sighed inwardly before looking at the screen again. He felt an arm around his waist. He looked at the owner, seeing that it's his boyfriend's arm: Ten. Ten had a cute smile on his face. He didn't know.

 

Ten didn't know about how he and Xiaojun dated before their debut. He didn't know how much they were madly in love with each other. How every little thing made Xiaojun smile and show it off to Kun. He didn't know..

 

Kun forced himself to smile back. He leaned in closer while the others were busy. He kissed Ten. Ten blushed and looked at the screen once more.

 

Meanwhile, Xiaojun accepts the water that the staff member gave to him. "Your performance was great." Zhenye complimented. "We only have a few more scenes we need to film." He continued, watching Xiaojun drink.

 

Xiaojun drank down the water and his lips. "Thank you, Ge." He bowed. "I think the others did well too." He smiled.

 

Zhenye hummed before sitting down next to the younger. "You're very attractive too." He included.

 

The singer raised his eyebrows. "What do you mean?" Xiaojun asked, now nervousness flooding his eyes.

 

Zhenye smiled. "I think you're cute," He said, "I like you." He continued, having a loving expression.

 

Xiaojun has heard those words before. Kun.. He inwardly sighed. No, Kun has moved on from me and is dating Ten. He doesn't need me looking at him anymore. He nodded to himself. "I like you too." Xiaojun said. "Maybe we can go out together after we're done here?" He insisted. I'm over Kun. I'm free to date whomever I please. Just like him. He told himself.

 

Zhenye nodded. "I'd like that, my treat." He pointed. "I know a great restaurant that you'll enjoy." He continued.

 

Xiaojun smiled. "Okay." He agreed. "I'm going back over there." He bowed before walking away.


 

Zhenye smirked and walked up to another staff member, LiBo. "He said yes to a date." Zhenye said. "Gimme my money." He chuckled.

 

Libo huffed. "I bet you can't get a good makeout session with him tonight though." He said, handing him some money.

 

Zhenye looked at him in disbelief. "I could get that boy to do anything I want." He pointed at Xiaojun's direction. "Just you watch, I'll probably even go further than just kissing." He said in a dirty tone.


 

~~~

 

Xiaojun caught himself looking at Kun more than he had planned to today. He told himself that he had to stop watching Kun with loving eyes. Even though before debut, all they would do is stare at each other. They would make eye contact for countless minutes - hours even. The way Kun's lips formed a small smile; the way his fingers gently glided over Xiaojun's skin; the way he made Xiaojun's heart beat specially for him was what Xiaojun was in love with.

 

He was in love with the trainee who gave special attention to him. The one who would hold him while he cried; the one who treated Xiaojun to food whenever possible; the one who took care of Xiaojun whenever he needed it - that was the XiaoKun that Xiaojun fell in love with.

 

The way his eyes sparkle at Ten these days though.. Xiaojun can only think about the moment they broke up. It was because Kun didn't want all the drama that came with dating inside the group. He wanted to debut without scandals. He wanted to live life as a composer, an artist, a famous idol - not be the subject to fan propaganda. He didn't want to fight for their relationship, as he called it temporary.

 

Kun said he was never in love. Kun said he just wanted to fill the void he had during their trainee days. Xiaojun was just a friend with benefits for him. He could have chosen any other member, even someone he wasn't training with.

 

That's what truly broke Xiaojun's heart. Kun claimed that all of those moments they were together.. There was no love. There wasn't love behind the kisses he gave; there wasn't any love behind the long-night cuddles they shared.

 

The love confessions; the hugging; the shared tears - they were all just something so Kun could be distracted. And now Kun is openly in a relationship with Ten. He says I love you on stage to the Thai man. Of course, where's the media on that? The fans just take it as WayV is being close.

 

Just like when Haechan says he loves Winwin. Or when Doyoung and Taeyong bicker-flirt the entire Vlive. And all that's left for Xiaojun to do is to cry alone.

 

"I love you.." Xiaojun whispered as he saw Kun in the distance having fun with Lucas.

 

Xiaojun wiped his tears before walking out of the practice room. He cleaned his face up in the bathroom and brushed his hair with his fingers. "Maybe Zhenye-ge will be better." He looked at himself in the mirror. “He can't be worse than Kun.." He muttered.

 

He nodded to his reflection before finishing up in the bathroom. He walked down the hallway where he met the staff member at the vending machines. "Hey." Zhenyu greeted. "Are you finished practicing?" He asked.

 

Xiaojun hummed. "I am." He answered. "Are you ready to eat? I'm starving." He chuckled.

 

Zhenye laughed and put his arm around the boy. "Sure, let's go."




 

Zhenye walked Xiaojun into a Chinese restaurant. It was quite far from the dorms. Naturally, Xiaojun hasn't been here. He walked with the older until they met a table. Zhenye let the boy sit down first before sitting next to him. Xiaojun smirked and felt his side be pressed against the wall.

 

"I figured it would be more romantic to sit across from each other." Xiaojun commented.

 

Zhenye shrugged. "I feel like being closer to you today." He said. "I'd like to see your cute eyes up close."  He continued, putting his arm around Xiaojun.

 

Xiaojun blushed.  It reminded him of Kun.  He said that he loved looking into Xiaojun's eyes.  That they were innocent and captivating.  "Thank you.."  He said shyly.


 

The couple ate while talking here and there.  However, nearing to the end, Xiaojun wasn't expecting the staff member to inch closer to him.  They locked eyes.  "You're so cute."  Zhenye teased.  He leaned closer, closing the distance between them.

 

It happened in slow motion for Xiaojun.  He first saw Zhenye's eyes, then he looked at his lips.  He closed his eyes when he felt Zhenye's lips on his.  It was a light kiss, one that Xiaojun found to make his heart beat.  They looked at each other as Zhenye slowly stopped the kiss.  "I'm sorry if that was too sudden."  Zhenye apologized, his voice being soft.

 

Xiaojun shook his head.  "I.. I liked it."  He said quietly, leaning in for another kiss.

 

Zhenye put his hand on the boy's chin, bringing him closer.  Xiaojun tilted his head in the kiss, making the kiss go deeper.  Their tongues mingled together for a short moment before Zhenye pulled back.  "Thank you for the meal tonight."  Xiaojun said.

 

"No, thank you."  Zhenye said.  "You can go ahead outside, I'll go pay."  He insisted.

 

Xiaojun hummed and got up after Zhenye got up.  As Xiaojun was walking away, he noticed Zhenye taking out his phone.  He didn't question him though.  As he went outside, he saw someone on their phone, not facing the door.

 

"You seriously got him to make out with you, I didn't expect that."  The guy on the phone said.  "I knew Xiaojun was going to be easy, but not that easy."  The guy continued with a laugh.

 

Xiaojun narrowed his eyes on the man, noticing that the guy was wearing a familiar-looking jacket.  He then turned back to the door to see Zhenye laughing on his phone.  He looked at the man once more before clearing his throat.

 

The guy on the phone flinched.  "Eh?"  He looked around.  "Oh shoot."  Libo hung up the phone.

 

Xiaojun folded his arms and waited for Zhenye to step out of the restaurant.  And once he did, Xiaojun shouted.  "Yah!  How dare you?"  He pointed at the staff member.

 

"Xiao, it's not what you think."  Zhenye sighed.

 

"Not what I think?"  Xiaojun asked in a huff.  "You know, I've gotten my heart broken too much, I think I know what to think.

 

"Why am I stuck dating the fakes?"  Xiaojun had a tear in his eye. 

 

Zhenye reached for Xiaojun's cheek.  "No."  Xiaojun pushed the hand away.  "I'm going home."  He stomped off.


 

Xiaojun watched the sidewalk as he walked angrily and sadly.  Kun already broke my heart, and left me shattered in pieces.  Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.. Xiaojun stopped walking.

 

He was on a bridge that overlooked beautiful water.  He looked at the lights in the distance as he held the rail.  "I'm just destined to have horrible men, aren't I?"  He said to no one.

 

Xiaojun put a hand through his hair.  "I should have known that guy.. And I'm going to have to see him every day, just like I see Kun."  He clenched his fists.

 

"It's not fair.."  Xiaojun closed his eyes.


 

The breeze went through Xiaojun's hair.  The boy relaxed with the weather and the darkness of the night.

 

"Hey."


 

Xiaojun opened his eyes and turned around.  That's when he saw Kun from a short distance away.

 

 

Poor Xiao-Xiao.
It's sad that Kun left him like that, just to be with Ten.

Thank you for requesting, I hope that the kissing scene was okay and not too romantic.
<3