Whiskers and Kisses

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Kyotastic-Baby

 

Pairing
(GOT7) Im Jaebeom x Serenity Kang

 

 

Genres
Romance, Cute, Fluff

 

Plot
Author's Choice
Jaebeom recently was gifted a cat for his birthday.  Being that he had no idea on how to care for the animal, he went to a cat daycare to ask for tips and information regarding his new feline.  He soon realized that those cute paws weren't the only thing in his heart.

Author
Charlot1081


   
    Jaebeom blew out the candles on his birthday cake.  He smiled when his family and friends clapped around him and cheered him on.  He looked around the room and saw each guest had one present in their hands.  One that stood out the most was a box with holes at the top.  He took the other presents with patience, however.  Opening each one until that interesting one came up, Jaebeom had lots of exciting surprises.

"Alright, Bro!"  Jinyoung came up to him with the box.  "Be careful with this one, okay?"  He said as he put the box down onto the table. 

Jaebeom looked at his best friend with skeptical eyes.  He then moved to open the lid of the box.  Inside, he saw metal bars.  He then saw a handle and picked up whatever was in the dark box.  Taking the whole cage out, he sees a pair of green eyes looking at him.  They blinked shyly and he blinked confusingly.  They stare at each other for a few more seconds before backing away a bit.

"Well?  Isn't she cute?"  Jinyoung asked with a big smile.

"You.. you got me a cat?"  He asked, looking at his friend.  "I don't know the first thing about taking care of cats."  He put the cage down and opened it anyway.


Jinyoung smirked.  "Looks like you two are getting along nonethless."  He said as he watched the feline let Jaebeom pick her up. 

He looked into the shy, green eyes before spreading his vision to the black hair surrounding her all.  Her whiskers are short and her ears are pointy.  He hesitantly scratched under her chin, and she accepted it after a moment.  "She's cute.."  Jaebeom said, caressing the cat's back.

Jinyoung patted Jaebeom's shoulder.  "I know how lonely it can be in an apartment,"  He said seriously as he sat down on the couch.  The other guests had gone to do whatever as the two sit together.  "I hope you two can get along for a good number of years."  Jinyoung said honestly.

"Thanks, Jinyoung.. I miss having you as a roommate."  Jaebeom admitted.  "I hated cleaning up after you, but.."

Jinyoung nodded and put his arm around the older.  "We've got our busy lives, but don't hesitate to text me, alright?  I'm here for you."  He playfully punched Jaebeom's shoulder.


Jaebeom nodded and looked back at the cat who found refuge on the new owner's chest.  Her eyes are closed and her paws are on his chest; purrs coming every now and then.  "Thanks.. I'll figure out how to take care of her."  He assured.

Jinyoung chuckled.  "There are plenty of places you can go, why not look around on your phone."  He stood up. 


Jaebeom couldn't get his hands off of his new companion.  The guests are halfway through the cake and having fun together while he's just the animal's back and mimicking the purrs.  He looked down at the sleeping pet and kissed her head.  "What to name you.."  He murmered.

"Yejin?"  He thought aloud.


He noticed the time and put the cat in her cage.  He stood up and went to the guests as he noticed them gearing up to leave his apartment.  "Thank you all for coming."  He thanked each guest with a bow as they leave one-by-one.


The night ended with Jaebeom sleeping at the cat's cage.


***


Jaebeom looked at the sign at the road.  It is in the shape of a cat with an arrow pointing ahead.  He continued driving and parked at the empty driveway.  He unbuckled his seatbelt and looked at his feline friend on her seat in her cage. 

"You ready to learn about yourself while I learn about you?"  He asked the animal.

Those green eyes looked up at him innocently but with a look of confusion.  He breathed in and out before exiting his side of the vehicle.  He went on the other side and took the cage from the seat.  Locking his car, he looks around at the house before walking to the front door.

He pressed the doorbell button and looked at the small decorations on the porch.  A few more seconds pass by before the door was unlocked and opened.  The screen door stayed at the same place as Jaebeom sees a young lady at the door.

"Hi,"  She started, "are you looking to leave your cat here?"  She asked, opening the screen when she saw the cage.

"Oh, I was wondering if you'd also give me information on how to take care of her for when I'm at work."  He said with a smile.  "I'm Im Jaebeom."  He bowed.


She nodded and made room for him.  "Oh, we spoke over email."  She bowed.  "I'm Serenity Kang, I take care of the cats with my grandma."  She informed.


Jaebeom looked around at the old-looking house.  Decorations through generations were up on the top of the walls while comfy chairs and recliners are settled on the floor.  The house has perfect grandparents vibe all the way around.

"What's her name?"  Serenity asked.

"Yejin, Oh Yejin."  He laughed a bit. 


She looked at him while blinking.  He cleared his throat.  "When you say it in a certain way, 'Oh Yejin..'  like if you're teasing someone.."  He tried explaining in his mumbles.

"Oh,"  She looked down at the cat.  "Yejin, are you hungry?"  She opened the cage.


The cat was hesitant at first, but put her paw on Serenity's hand after a few seconds.  "Come on, Sweetie.  Daddy's gotta figure out how to take care of you."  She took Yejin out and put the cat on her shoulder.


Jaebeom put the cage at the entry way beside his shoes and then followed the girl into the kitchen.  There he sees the elderly woman sipping on tea.  "Oh?  A customer?" 

He nodded and bowed.  "Hello, Ma'am."  He said respectfully.

"What a respectful boy,"  She commented, "I'm Kang Seoji, I hope my little girl treats you well." 


Jaebeom bowed once more.  "She's already making Yejin purr."  He commented, looking at the two at the feed dish.

"This cat is a bombay cat,"  She introduced as she walked him to the sitting room, "they're very kind and affectionate pets."  She sat down with him.

He watched as her fingers carefully glided through the cat's black hair.  The green eyes make a crescent shape as purrs come out.  "This breed of cat is very clingy.  They love to be loved; attention and care are major things that this one needs."  She said, leaning down and putting her nose on Yejin's head instead of her lips.

"Oh, hugs and cuddles then?"  Jaebeom asked as he leaned closer to scratch under Yejin's chin.

"Hugs, cuddles, kisses, and small playing are best.  She just wants company."  Serenity confirmed while massaging her neck.


Jaebeom smiles sadly.  "I need that too,"  He whispered to the feline, "it gets lonely in the apartment."  He kissed Yejin's chin.


Serenity looked at him with concerned eyes.  "You're lonely at home?  You don't have friends?"  She asked cautiously.

"I have friends.. one of them gave me this cat yesterday for my birthday."  He laughed.  "But you can't ever cuddle with a friend without an awkward feeling, you know?"  He said, looking at her.

She hummed.  "I know the feeling.. Grandma doesn't really like cuddles with other humans unless they were with my grandpa."  She said, watching Yejin relax on her lap.


"It's hard to get out emotions to people,"  Serenity started, "but with pets, especially ones like this, it's so easy to tell them your worries."  She whispered.  "And they're in the same boat.  They don't have other animals to love on either."


Jaebeom looked at her sad eyes that were pinned on Yejin's hair.  "Sometimes they feel like humans.."

"Exactly,"  Serenity agreed, "if you treat them well enough, you'll never get rejected by them either."  She included, playing with Yejin's tail.


Jaebeom looked at the cat once more, seeing it slowly fall asleep.  "If you ever bring Yejin back, I promise to take care of her well."  Serenity raised her eyes to look at the man. 

"I know,"  Jaebeom said,  "thank you, Miss Kang."


She smiled and nodded.  "If.. you have any more worries.. you can tell me."  She mentioned.  "And hopefully you won't be too lonely with her being with you now."

"I'll do my best, but human interactions are important too."  He leaned in closer to her.


She looked into his eyes for a few seconds.  Their eyes both show fatigue and stress; self-doubt and lonliness too.  She slowly looked down at his lips, noticing that they're now closer.  She hesitantly closed her eyes as he cautiously put their lips together. 

Jaebeom moved his hand from Yejin's chin to Serenity's cheek, cupping it gently and deepening the kiss softly.  Their breathing remained stable and their eyes stay closed.  A soft purr from below made them slowly stop the kiss.

"I.."  She started.

"I'm sorry."  Jaebeom started making distance.


She calmly kept him that close and swallowed inaudibly.  "It's.. it's fine, Jaebeom.."  She muttered.  She started up another kiss, and he didn't reject it.


"That kitty must be sleep-"  The grandmother came in and stopped once she saw the two. 

Jaebeom automatically made space and Serenity moved her eyes down to the cat who woke up from the sudden woman. 


"What's going on?"  The woman asked, folding her arms. 



Serenity picked Yejin up and put her on the floor.  "Don't worry about it, Grandma."  She stood up. 

"Is he making moves on you?"  She asked, pointing her pen at him.


Jaebeom put his hands up.  "No, Ma'am!  It just-"

"It's fine, Grandma.  I started it."  Serenity said.  "I think.. I'm ready to start dating again.."  She blushed.


Jaebeom looked down at her with wide eyes.  "W-with me?"  He asked, pointing toward himself.

"With you, if you're willing to accept.."  She said worriedly.



Jaebeom was speechless while looking at her scared expression.  He moved his feet to her and held her shoulders.  "I.. of course."  He said.  "If you want to date a stranger.."  He laughed.


She looked up at him.  "Maybe bring Yejin over sometime soon then?"  She asked in a whisper, forgetting about her grandmother being in the room.

"Very soon."  He said, leaning down and putting a soft kiss on her forehead. 


"I need to go and buy some more food for her and such, but I'll be back tomorrow."  He promised.  "I don't want her to be alone in my apartment while I'm at work."


Serenity smiled and watched Jaebeom put the cat in her cage.  "See you tomorrow then."


Jaebeom bowed first to Serenity, then to her grandmother.  "See you tomorrow, Grandma."  He said before leaving.


Serenity blushed and looked down at the carpet. 




"He didn't even pay for today,"  Seoji joked with a click of her tongue.



 


 


I know it's short, but it's what I thought abotu that night.
Something small and cute, but with a little bit of angst ;)
Thank you so much for requesting~~


<3