music in me#55

music in me

Soyeon and boram enter the cafe. They look around and find jiyeon sitting at the corner of the cafe talking on phone. They approach her before sit in front of her. Jiyeon look up. “oh, i call you back later.” She hang up. “annyeong.” “annnyeong unnie. you are here. Where is the other?” she ask. “they are on their way. Where is your sister?”  “office of course. She spend more or less 20 hours at the office nowadays. Even maybe 2 days there without coming back home.” Jiyeon say with her head down. “wae? What make she so busy?” boram voice out. “this what i want to discuss now. But first lets wait for the other to come.”

Few minutes later, hyomin enter the cafe followed by q-ri and areum. “sorry i’m late. Just now finish meeting with the board director.” Hyomin say as soon as she sit. “sorry unnie. there is something happen at the hospital.” Areum word make them turn to look at her. “what happen?” “a patient is in critical state need a heart transplant as soon as possible. Yet we don’t have any that suit her right now. So her husband make chaos at the hospital asking us to do something.” They nod. “so want to drink anything?” jiyeon ask calling the waiter. “americano 2, latte 2 and coffee for me.” Soyeon order behalf them.

“so jiyeon, whats the matter?” q-ri ask looking at her. “its been a week since we didn’t meet right since all of us busy. But the most worrisome is eunjung unnie. she seem so busy until she spend more or less 20 hours at the office like i told soyeon unnie and boram unnie just now. Sometime she even stay overnight there.” Hyomin raise her eyebrow. “oh, she never been like that. What happen? Did you 2 fight?” “yah unnie, when she didn’t come back home all in your mind is we fight. Pabo aniya?” jiyeon say looking at her. “what else if not? Did she have problem with the company? She didn’t tell us anything about it.” jiyeon sigh. “i also don’t know about it earlier but i meet her secretary just now. Her company is blowing with big problem now.” Areum sit straight.

“what happen?” “corruption and sebotage. PRINCESS HAM corp. Already loss too much since the money lost and the hiatus of the current project.” “what the hell. Why she didn’t tell us about this?” soyeon say. “unnie say she didn’t want us to be worried since all of us also busy. I once call her asking for lunch together but she say she already have lunch appointment and say that we can meet for dinner. But she didn’t show up. when i call home, omma say she still not home. I call her but her phone is switch off. That is why i start to be suspicious on what actually happen and find out about it just now.” “jjamkkan ji. Lunch appointment? When?” “its 2 days ago if i not mistaken. Wae?” hyomin take out her tab and check on something.

“it is the day when she make appointment to meet me but cancel it last minute. When i try to call her, her phone is already switch off. I call her secretary she say unnie don’t want to be disturb since she is busy.” She say looking at them one by one. “so what is the real situation actually?” q-ri ask her. “i don’t know much but unnie say 4 workers from PRINCESS HAM corp. Involve in corruption and they are being sebotage on the stuff the use in their current project. They already lost somehow large amount of money.” “i don’t understand.” Areum voice out. “the budget for the current project is being use only half for the stuff for the project. The other half is go to the workers that involve in this account. They buy the cheap thing for all those stuff, you know the affect of using that kind of thing right? So the project is in hiatus now, so it will be done late from the actual date. So they are in lost again there.”

Soyeon lean back, crossing her arm. “why did she hide it in the first place when it is already this worse? This ham eunjung.” She sigh. “i’m so worried unnie. she can handle it alone since it is already too much too handle. You know her body is much more weaker now due to whatever happen before.” Q-ri look at them. “she is weaker than what we think actually. So, lets do this. Jiyeon, did secretary park give you any info?” “she will handed it to me later.” “ok, once she give you the info, hyominnie you check on the background and any info that we can use for the evidence. Don’t left any single thing of it. soyeon, jiyeon,boramie, try to take a close look on eunjung. Who knows she might be sick or pass out or anything similar since she is working over hard now.” Q-ri look at them asking for confirmation.

Soyeon and jiyeon nod. “areumie you will be with me, to trap this stupid bastard with the use of info from hyomin. Got it?” q-ri again look at them for confirmation. “ne unnie. i hope it will be settle soon. I don’t want to see her collpase or anything. And those bastars, i’ll kill them when i get them later.” Jiyeon say clenching her fist. “so, keep in touch with each other ok.” They nod on q-ri word. “don’t let unnie know about this ok. Lets pretend like we don’t know anything.”

-----

In the office, eunjung busy checking a bunch of file. its already been 4 hours but the file still coming in once she done with the current one. Eunjung take a sip of her hot chocolate before try to continue, but her head spinnig like crazy. Just then, she remember that she didn’t sleep for 2 days already. “ah, my head.” she say massaging it. “it is already pass lunch time. I didn’t take my breakfast and same goes to the lunch. Ah, how can i leave this when it come unstoppable. What a day ham eunjung.” She put her head down on the table.

“when this will be end? Ah, i’m tired of it.” she lean back. “appa what should i do? The fate of thousand worker in my hand yet there is not much i can do to solve this.” Her tears roll down.

Tok..tok..tok..

Eunjung wipe her tears. “come in.” Secretary park enter the room. “ne unnie?” “are you ok princess?” “wae?” “ani you look like not ok?” “i’m just headache unnie.” “its been 2 days since you get some sleep. Go back home and rest.” “how can i? Look unnie how many work need to be done.” “princess, go back and come back. It is the best for now. This work can be doen tomorrow but if you pass out nothing will be settle.” “molla unnie.”eunjung say cup her face. “you didn’t take your lunch yet right?”

Tok..tok..tok..

Eunjung look up. she raise her eyebrow towards her secretary. “did i have any appointment today?” “no.” “come in.” Jiyeon face pop out. “annyeong unnie.” eunjung jaw drop. She adjust her facial expression and smile. “oh baby, you are here. Come in.” Eunjung say. “are you busy unnie?” “a little, wae? What make you come dear?” eunjung say reaching jiyeon hand. Jiyeon hug eunjung before kiss her cheek. “i miss you. Its been 3 days we didn’t meet each other. And its been 2 days you didn’t come back home. Omma, appa is woried unnie. same goes as me.” “mian. Too man work to do baby. I’m sorry ok.” “did you take your lunch already?” “n..ne of course. Eunjung say looking at her secretary. “liar. Unnie did she eat her lunch or not?” jiyeon ask secretary park looking straight to her eyes. “mian princess. Aniyo, she didn’t take her lunch yet. Even breakfast too.” jiyeon turn her gaze to eunjung. “you can’t lie to me unnie. come on i’ll bring something for you to eat.”

Jiyeon say drag eunjung hand to the couch. “Join us too unnie.” “its ok, unnie have something to do. Enjoy your meal ok.” She leave the room. Eunjung eat her meal without looking at jiyeon. “unnie, are you that hungry?” “a little since i didn’t take my breakfast too.” “then why are you so stupid to not to go for lunch?” jiyeon say. “look at my work ji. How can i leave it when it is that much?” eunjung say point to her table. “unnie, work is work. You need rest too, eat and all. You know how worried omma at home.” “ara, mian.”

After done with the meal, jiyeon sit beside eunjung. “unnie you look so tired. Is anythinng happen here?” “aniya baby. Everything is fine.” She say while resting her head on jiyeon shoulder. “are you sure?” no respond from eunjung. “unnie?” still no respond. “eunjung unnie?” jiyeon turn her head. eunjung already sleeping. “ah, you sure so tiredd ha. It just few minutes ago i talk to you.” She carefully put eunjung head on her lap. “sleep well unnie.” she say kiss eunjung forehead.

Jiyeon than put eunjung head comfortably on the couch. She approach eunjung table. Jiyeon start to clean up the mess. Her eyes caught up something under the bunch of file. the bank transaction of the workers. Eunjung highlight 4 name on those paper. “oh, this is the bank transaction. Why did unnie highlight those name?” jiyeon step out from the room. “unnie, can you send to my email the evidence that mr. Shin handed to you?” she nod. Jiyeon take the file and open it.

“oh, its the person that eunjung unnie highlight on the paper. Unnie, do tell me after you send it ok.” “ok miss jiyeon.” jiyeon enter eunjung room again. “hyomin unnie,naya.” she call hyomin. “wae ji?” “i’m at eunjung unnie office and i think i get some clue that can help you.” “ne?” “i’ll send it through your email. Do check it ok.” Jiyeon take the paper and scan it before send it to hyomin together with the report give by secretary park to her. Since eunjung once told her about her laptop password also the office PC password that she use, jiyeon try her luck to access it. it work.

“first of all, the budget transaction history.” She start to gather all info that she can. 3 hours pass, jiyeon stretch her body. She look at eunjung who still sleeping. “you are sure so tired unnie.” she say approaching eunjung. She eunjung hair. “unnie, you are not alone. We are always by yourside. Don’t keep everything alone and try to be strong when you are not.” She say kiss eunjung forehead. Her phone ring.

“yeobuseyo?” “baby?” “ne unnie, wae?” i guess we need to meet those mr. Shin worker that have been caught. We need to know more than this.” Jiyeon stay silent. “arasso. I’ll ask unnie if she can help us with it.” jiyeon hang up. she wake eunjung up since its already pass office hours. “unnie ierona. Eunjung unnie.” eunjung open her eyes. “oh,you still here? what time now ji?” “its 6.30.” “why you didn’t wake me up earlier. Ah, my head.” “you look so tired. Thats why i just let you sleep. Unnie, lets go home. You need rest.” Eunjung shook her head. “aniya its ok.”

“unnie, lets go home first. You can settle everything tomorrow. Ka ja unnie. i miss you, omma miss you, ppa miss you. The unnie too, areumie. Come on unnie, we don’t want you to be sick later.” Eunjung look at jiyeon. “ok baby.” “i already fix the mess, so just lets go.” Jiyeon take eunjung abag and hold her hand out from the room.