Kyotastic-Baby

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Kyotastic-Baby


Pairing
(GOT7) Im Jaebeom x Serenity Kang (OC)


Genres
Romance, Fluff, and Cute


Plot

Jaebum throws a party for his classmates for Halloween.  There are creepy things as well as fun things.  He plays a game with his friend circle and finds himself alone with the girl of his heart.


Author
Charlot1081
 


 

    A week is left until Halloween night.  Kids were already starting to get scared over the decorations while adults were secretly putting gag props around their houses.  All ages were making sure they had their costumes in check and that they had enough candy to give out.  The streets were lined up and down with small decorations of ghosts, pumpkins, and candy corns.

It's not too usual of a thing for this neighborhood to celebrate Halloween, but having some foreign exchange students living here has made the natives want to explore different festivities.  Trick-or-treating would be one of them. 

The school bell rings, signaling that the class is finished and that they have some time before the next class starts.  Jaebum watched a girl from the distance.  He bit his lip a touch before standing up.  He made his way to the girl and saw that a different girl, who was talking with the other girl, tapped the girl's shoulder and motioned her head toward Jaebum.

The girl turned in her seat and flashed a smile to Jaebum.  "Hey, how's it going?"  She asked.

"I wanted to invite you ladies to my Halloween party.  My parents won't let me go out trick-or-treating, but they said I could throw a party while they're gone to my grandparents' house."  Jaebum said as he handed the two girls envelopes. 

"A paper invitation?"  The first girl asked.

"Yeah.  It adds to the aesthetic, you know?"  He laughed as he watched them open the envelopes.  "I hope to see you there, Serenity."  He said softly as he reached to put a hand on her shoulder.

The second girl looked at the hand with a raised eyebrow.  Jaebum noticed and took his hand away.  Serenity didn't even seem to notice.  "You too Jaemi."  He said in a slighty-shaky voice.

Jaemi nodded and looked down at the invitation.  It had spooky designs on it, but they were family-friendly.  Kids would probably get the creeps from it, but teenagers and adults would be the ones to give it to kids.  Serenity read the note and nodded. 

"I'll make sure it's okay with my parents.  Who all is coming?"  She asked.

"Everyone."  He showed the classroom.  "I can't have a party with just one or two classmates, right?"  He laughed as he put his hands behind his back.

Serenity nodded.  "Alright then.  I'm going to get ready for my next class.  Thanks, Jae!"  She said as she side-hugged the the boy and went away with Jaemi.


Jaebum watched the girls leave the classroom in giggles.  He smiled and looked down at his desk when he sat back at it.  He heard the spot next to him get sat in and he didn't even have to look to know it's his desk-mate. 

"'Thanks, Jae!' Hahha."  The other male imitated Serenity.  "You so totally like her.  I watched you."  He poked at Jaebum's stomach.

Jaebum's strong expression turned soft as the other male kept poking at him softly.  He tried to get the other to stop but just started laughing as the poking turned to tickling. 

"Jin-Jinyoung!  Stop it!"  He laughed as they tumble on the floor. 

Jinyoung got up when he heard a couple of girls giggling near them.  He helped Jaebum up and they sat back down.  "Yeah.. I do.."  Jaebum said with blushed cheeks.

"You planning something for her?  I mean, a Halloween party could have just been you two, you know."  Jinyoung teased with a light wink.

Jaebum shook his head.  "If I know her like I know myself, I like to be comfortable in almost every situation."  He started  "If it's just her and me, it could feel awkward.  I rather her feel comfortable with Jaemi at least being there."  He explained as he played with his uniform buttons.

Jinyoung nodded and looked at his off-white desk.  "True.. Do you have any plans on talking to her privately though?"  He asked quietly as the two girls just got back into the classroom.

Jaebum chuckled and shook his head.  "The first step was to invite them.  The second step is to make sure everything at the party goes to the current plan.  That's where you come in, Buddy."  He said as he grabbed a notebook out of his desk.  "Guard it with your life."

Jinyoung took it and hid it in his desk.  "Sure thing, Dude.  I have a little something up my sleeve too."  He said as he watched Jaemi do the same thing she does at least five times a minute: flip her hair off of her shoulder.

Jaebum smiled and poked Jinyoung.  "I see you."  He poked again and made Jinyoung look at him with a playful grin. 

It was apparent that there were a couple girls watching them from a distance as they start up their giggling like they did when the two boys were tumbling over each other. 

"Alright, talk to you after class."  Jaebum waved to Jinyoung as he opened his textbook. 


The teacher walked in and everyone stopped what they were doing to pay attention to her.  Jaebum tapped his lips with the top of his eraser as he nonchalantly watched Serenity move her hair out of her eyes. 

He smiled as she kept fidgeting with it.  He let her frustrated pout tear his attention away from the chalkboard.  I'll have to get some hairbows..  He thought as he watched her grip her pencil tighter.  She let out a silent sigh as she continued to take notes.  Jaebum's eyes finally go to the chalkboard but his mind kept wavering to her smile she gave him earlier.

You're going crazy, she gives that smile to everyone..  He bad-mouthed himself.  He shrugged off the statement and started drawing on his notebook.  He's not the best artist, but his heart went out to sketching her face with that one group of hairs that keeps getting in her eyes.

Yeah.. I like her, Jinyoung.  He confessed before he turned the textbook page like he heard everyone else do.


***

Serenity and Jaemi are in the former's bedroom getting their small costumes on.  They weren't too big on dressing up, but they did go with matching wigs and make up.  Jaemi's skin is naturally dark while Serenity is pretty pale.  They chose some make up that helped them look more alike.

"Here, put on these heels, you short thing."  Jaemi laughed as she took out the sparkly boots she brought from her house. 

The boots were matching the wig with being purple.  "Don't want to ruin our school uniforms, so guess what my mom got us?"  Serenity pulled out some cheaper uniforms.

The skirts went down past the knees while the shirts had large black bows.  "Alright, last but not least, jewelry."  Jaemi said as she took out a box from her purse.

The box has costume jewelry.  They put on a few, small things and were finished.  They almost looked like twins if you didn't know any better. 

They went out and headed down the street.  They lived in the same neighborhood as Jaebum, so they casually made their way to his house.  Jaemi left to use the bathroom first in her house they passed by it.  Meanwhile, Serenity went on ahead.  She saw a couple of her classmates holding hands with their younger siblings.

"Hey, Jaemi.  What's good?"  A boy asked with a smile.

"It's, Serenity."  She laughed.  "I'm good, and you Mark?" 

Mark scratched his head.  "Just fine.. Sorry."  He awkwardly laughed.


After a few more minutes of chatting, Jaemi came back to Serenity.  They continue walking and make it to the house at the end of the street: Jaebum's house.  They take a look at the decorations.  Definitely scary for a little kid, but fun for their age..  They walked into the house and heard some low, party music.  There were a lot of their classmates there just hanging out and chatting.

Serenity saw a candy corn on the entry table and then another on the next table.  Serenity follows the candy corns and Jaemi doesn't say a word while following her.  The trail lead to the basement and to a different room of the basement.  The music was muffled now and the atmosphere sort of changed.

"Welcome!"  They see a small group of their classmates.

Jaebum, Jinyoung, Jackson, and Jennie were down in a room together.  "You're the second couple who followed the candy corn trail."  Jaebum stated with a smile.

"Now the game can begin."  Jinyoung said as he ate a candy corn.

"What game is that?"  Jennie asked with confusion.

"Hide-and-seek!"  Jaebum replied.  "Except, whenever the seeker finds a person, they have to scare the person."  He explained.


Jackson scratched his head.  "I don't think I want to play.."  He said. 

"Me neither, I can't stand too much scary stuff."  She admitted while hooking her arm around Jackson's arm.  "Sorry girls, you'll have to play with these two on your own."


Serenity purses her lips as she watches the known couple walk off.  Jaemi smiles and elbows Serenity lightly.  "Let's play."  She suggested.

Serenity nodded and looked Jaebum's way.  "Who's the seeker?"  She asked.

"I'll be."  Jaebum said, moving his purple cape around.

Jaebum's costume wasn't too much of a costume.  It was a pair of black pants and a dark gray shirt with a cape that was black on the outside, but a purple shine on the inside.  This had a magician's hat followed with it.  The girls nod and Jinyoung goes to their sides. 

"You'll count to ten while we hide.  We have the whole basement to hide.  The lights are dim, so be careful, Ladies."  Jinyoung said as he dimmed the lights. 

The basement is rather large.  Before Jaebum's parents moved into the house, the house was actually a store that selled aged alcoholic beverages.  So having a basement that went on for not literally miles is understandable.  Jaebum started counting and the three spread out.


Jaebum finished counting and called out that he's going to start looking.  He smirked as he walked through the poorly-lit basement.  No one could see him and he couldn't see anyone.  Except the shine that the sparkles on the boots made for a moment.  He smiled and got closer, examining the girl's stature.

He saw her eyes, but he doubts that she could see his.  He walked around the table she was hiding behind and s an arm around her waist while covering . 

"Shh, Serenity."  He said in a low whisper. 

"How did you know it was me?"  She asked with furrowed eyebrows.

Jaebum shrugged.  "I should know the girl who I like, right?"  He asked smoothly. 


She looked back at him with wide eyes.  The light was dim, but he could still see the large whites of her eyes.  "What do you mean?"  She asked, still whispering.

"I like you, Serenity."  He said with a soft smile.

Serenity looked into the boy's eyes and her expression lightened.  Seeing those dark eyes smile was something that she's always found too soft about him.  "Y-you do?"  She asked cautiously.  "Like how Jackson and Jennie like each other?" 

Jaebum nodded and took her hand gently.  He put a small kiss on it and held it protectively.  "On this Halloween night, will you take me to be your boyfriend, Serenity Kang?"  He asked in a historic voice.

She giggled and nodded.  He leaned foreward to push some of those purple locks away, and kissed her forehead.  "Now what I want you to do, is let out that scream you had when I first came by."  He said with a smirk.


Serenity nodded and reached to cup his cheek.  Their eyes roam each other as their lips were an inch away. practically waiting to touch.  It's a soft kiss, but she's glad it's her first. 

"Thank you, Jaebum." She said softly.  "I've liked you for a long time."  She confessed.

"What?"  Jaebum asked as he thought he heard her wrong.


"AHhh!"  She screeched before laughing.

They heard the other two in the basement echo with laughter.  Jaebum was shocked as she got out of her grasp.  He collected himself before going to a different room of the basement and finding the other two.  Unfortunately, they weren't scared..




 


 Hello~  I feel bad that there isn't anything more Halloween related in this story.
It also seems like it went by too quickly.  However, any thing else I tried to put in made too.. not any better.
Thank you for requesting, and I hope I didn't disappoint you with this.

<3