Sudden Act

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Ann1914


Pairing
(Monsta X) Jooheon x Hanna (OC)


Genres
ROmance, Cute, Fluff, and Comedy



Plot
Jooheon and Hanna are childhood friends so they're comfortable with each other. During prom, both didn't have dates so they decide to go together as friends. That is, until Jooheon saw how beautiful Hanna looked in her dress and she saw how handsome he looked in his tux. Then they became shy and a blushing mess. Since then, they don't know how to act around each other after that night.


Author
Charlot1081

 

 

 

    Jooheon spinned his pencil as he was reading his math book. Reading through example equations, he had a little tune playing through his mind. He hummed to it inwardly as he watched x being moved around so many times in one equation. What tore him out of his little zone was a tap on his desk. He looked up to see Minhyuk, his classmate, waving at him. Jooheon put his pencil down before he took his earbuds out of his ears and sat back in the chair.

 

"What are you up to?" The other asked with a lollipop in his mouth.

 

Jooheon shrugged. "Just doing a little studying." He answered. "What are you doing?" He asked.

 

Minhyuk crossed his leg. "I just got back from getting a total yes for going to prom with Doyoung." He said, a small smile on his features.

 

Jooheon raised his eyebrows. "Congrats." He smiled.

 

"Have you asked anyone out yet?" Minhyuk asked, noticing that Jooheon's just been studying all month.

 

Jooheon shrugged and put his hands in his lap. "It hasn't really been on my mind, honestly." He said. "I'm not actually romantically interested in anyone." He continued. He didn't sound depressed, but Minhyuk could see that the boy felt a little left out.

 

"What about Hanna?" Minhyuk asked. "You two have been friends for like ever. And Doyoung said that she hasn't been asked out yet."

 

Jooheon hummed and thought for a moment. "Well come Thursday, and if she still has no one, then I'll ask her." He said, pointing at the other.

 

Minhyuk sat closer to the thicker male. "I hate to be this way, but what day do you think it is today?" He asked.

 

Jooheon widened his eyes and looked at his phone instantly. He saw that it was the day before prom. "No, no.. I thought today was Tuesday.." He muttered.

 

"Yeah.."

 

"So why did you wait so long to ask Doyoung out?" Jooheon gave a suspicious eye.

 

The other pursed his lips while exhaling. "It took a lot of courage to ask him out, you know." Minhyuk answered. "So go ask her before she leaves school." He pointed to the door.

 

Jooheon didn't even spend the time to close his book. He got up and exited the classroom. He walked down the hall, looking through each classroom window to find her head of medium brown hair. He pursed his lips and slumped his shoulders as he met the last classroom and she wasn't there.

 

After a second, he felt his shoulder being tapped once. He looked back to see the short girl smiling up at him. "Hey, what are you doing this way?" She asked, walking him into the nearly empty classroom.

 

"I just wanted to chat, that's all." He answered with a chuckle.

 

She sat down and put her sketchbook on her backpack. "Well hurry up and chat, I gotta go home to feed Hobag." She said, packing her things up.

 

"How's that orange cat doing?" He asked, relaxing on the chair.

 

"You know how they say that the pets reflect their owners?" She asked, getting a nod. "She's just like my little sister. So tedious.. but cute." Hanna shrugged.

 

Jooheon laughed as he imagined Hanna's sister, Kaya. "So uh.." Jooheon noticed that Hanna was almost finished packing.

 

"Uhh?" Hanna teasingly mocked.

 

"Is there someone harassing you to go to prom with them?" He asked, cracking his knuckles.

 

Hanna looked at him for a moment with a little smirk. "No~ There's no one," She held his shoulder to calm him down, "I haven't gotten asked. So I'll just be there tomorrow to get some free food." She shrugged.

 

Jooheon nodded, pursing his lips. "I never got around to asking anyone out, so.. You wanna eat free food together?" He asked.

 

"Why not?" Hanna agreed. "Yeah, pick me up tomorrow at six o'clock, okay?" She smiled.

 

"Sure." He stood up when she put her backpack on. "I'll see you tomorrow." He waved.

 

She waved before leaving the classroom.


 

***

 

Kaya, a fourteen year-old girl, is doing Hanna's makeup. She did her hair too, and don't forget that she picked out Hanna's dress at the beginning of the month. The girl was booming with creativity, and having Hanna to practice on was just excitement for her. However, her room looked like a total mess with all of the supplies spread out everywhere.

 

Kaya brushed her finger against the sparkly, blue eyeshadow. She dabbed a little bit on the corners of Hanna's eyelids and under the eye. It complimented the sparkly, blue dress that she is wearing. She heard the timer go off, and turned off the UV lamp. "Are you ready for some sparkles?" Kaya asked.

 

"Lay it on me." Hanna agreed.

 

She smirked and dipped Hanna's finger into a container. When her finger came out, it was coated with sparkles. She brushed the excess away and then did the finishing steps to finalize her accent nail. "Fancy, it matches the eyeshadow." Hanna commented, looking at her sparkly nail.

 

"That's the point." Kaya chuckled. "YouTube tutorials really helped out with this one." She said, putting the gels away.

 

"I'm wondering what you'll look like for your prom." Hanna brought up, looking at the girl that is now taller than their outside closet.

 

Kaya hummed. "Since you're blue, I'll probably go as pink or purple." She shrugged.

 

"Thanks for making me pretty." Hanna stood up to pick up the purse that Kaya made for her.

 

"Hey, I see your ride." Kaya said, looking out of the window. "Go win his heart." She winked.

 

Hanna wanted to argue, but the girl pushed her out of the door. She shook her head and made her way downstairs carefully in her heels. She waved to her parents as she opened the front door. Jooheon was walking up to the door when she opened it. Hanna almost stopped breathing when she took in his appearance.

 

He had a tuxedo on: his vest being partially covered by the belt and jacket. His straight-leg pants are black, matching the rest of the suit plus his hair. His bangs were split down the middle, exposing his forehead and giving his face a more mature look than his bangs covering his forehead give. Her heart was beating, looking at the male's overall appearance.

 

Meanwhile, he was studying her image: her sparkling-blue appearance made him think of her as Cinderella, but this princess is his. He blinked a couple times with that thought. He inwardly shook his head and cleared his throat. "Good evening, Hanna." He said in his usual-playful voice.

 

"Hey Joohoney, you ready?" Hanna asked.

 

"As long as you are." He answered, having his hand out.

 

She took his hand and let him lead her to his car. He has a black car that wasn't too big. It was definitely not a new car off of the lot, but good for a high schooler. She sat down when he opened the door.

 

The ride was silent as they traveled to their school. Parking was a chore, but they managed to find a spot in good time. They then walked into the auditorium. They heard the slow music already playing. A band within the student body was performing their Japanese song, Long Slow Distance. Jooheon could see Minhyuk watching Doyoung singing.

 

"I'll get us something to drink." Jooheon said, holding her sides as he moved behind her.

 

She blushed a little as he did that. However, she sort of missed his touch when he left to the tables. Not long later, the two finish their first soda of the night.

 

"Do you want to dance?" Jooheon asked, seeing as the song changed to another slow song.

 

She put down her empty cup. "Sure," She stood up, "you lead the way."

 

Jooheon held her hand and walked her to the other couples. He put his hands on her waist and she put her arms around his neck. They moved to the slow song while looking into each other's eyes. Hearing Doyoung's sweet voice made them feel their hearts beating. Jooheon couldn't break eye contact, and neither could she - it's as if they were in their own, special world.

 

The boy let his body act on instinct, letting the end of the song get to him - kissing her on the lips without a second thought. She didn't fight it, but she also didn't make the kiss go any deeper. When they pulled apart, they blinked a couple times.

 

"I'm.. I uh.." Jooheon backed up by an inch.

 

"We should get a drink.." Hanna said, turning away from the male.

 

Jooheon nodded and walked behind Hanna, silently keeping his head low. He bowed when she handed him a cup of water. He looked at everyone else dancing and having a romantic time. He felt like he crossed the line, kissing his best friend. However, he couldn't forget about the sensation that was left on his lips after sharing that kiss.

 

And Hanna was the same. She glanced at the male for a moment. She looked down at her purse and nonchalantly took her phone out partially. "My sister is calling me." She lied.

 

"I'll be here." Jooheon waved.

 

When she left, Jooheon felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around to see a thin male. "Doyoung?" Jooheon questioned his appearance.

 

"Hey, I saw you two kissing." Doyoung commented. "I think you two look cute together." He smiled.

 

"You think so?" Jooheon asked.

 

Doyoung hummed. "Definitely." He said. "When did you start crushing on her?" He asked, picking up a cup and filling it with the Dr.

 

"I've never really.. Felt that way." Jooheon scratched his neck.

 

"Seriously?" Doyoung raised his eyebrows. "I guess flirting is just a natural charm." He chuckled.

 

Jooheon blinked a couple times in silence. "So the kiss was an accident, hm?" Doyoung guessed, getting a nod. "How did it feel?" He asked.

 

"I liked it." Jooheon didn't hesitate. "But.. I don't want our relationship to get awkward if she didn't like it.." He muttered.

 

Doyoung laughed. "Trust me, if she didn't like it, she would have slapped you across the face and made a big scene." He assured.

 

Jooheon smirked a little. "I just don't know what to do when she comes back." He put his empty cup down. "I don't know how I should act."

 

"Just be Jooheon." Doyoung insisted. "She wouldn't want you to act like it never happened, I'm sure of it." He patted Jooheon's shoulder. "Seriously, trust me, Kaya talks all about Hanna whenever she comes over to talk to my sister." He laughed.

 

Jooheon laughed along and nodded. "Alright, thanks, Doyoung." He hugged the skinnier male.

 

Doyoung hugged back with a few pats to the other male's back. "Be a good boy." He teased before walking away.


 

Hanna comes back after collecting herself. She looked up at Jooheon, her eyes were big. They were quite cute, in Jooheon's opinion. "Hey, is Kaya okay?" He asked.

 

"Yeah, she was just teasing, you know?" She lied with a little laugh. But it's totally something that girl would do.

 

Jooheon nodded and looked down at the floor. "Would you like another dance?" He asked.

 

"You want to dance again?" She asked. "I figured.."

 

"Let's do what you want to do then." Jooheon smiled.

 

She furrowed her eyebrows and moved some of her hair away. "To be honest, I have no idea what we should do.." She said. "I don't know how to act.." She confessed.

 

Doyoung's words from only a few minutes ago came to him. "Let's just be ourselves." He said. "Did you like the kiss?" He asked.

 

"Yes.

 

"I did too." Jooheon said. "So.. Maybe we should try us out?" He suggested. "We do know each other best." He commented.

 

She giggled and nodded. "Alright, let's try.." She let him hold her hands.




 

I'm sorry for the super long wait!
Fun fact: Hobag (호박) means Pumpkin ^^
Another fun fact is that I was listening to NCT ballads while writing this, and Doyoung happened to be singing while I was picking out a side character.  And Long Slow Distance was playing at the time lol
I felt like if I put more romance, it would be.. Well, it was the first day of them being together, they shouldn't be too lovey-dovey, right?  I wasn't for sure if you would like days after prom or just the night of the prom.  So I went with the latter.
Thank you so much for requesting~~
<3