On the Same Path

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
ShineeMe08


Pairing
(Astro) Eunwoo x Yeri (Red Velvet)


Genres
Romcom



Plot
Author's Choice


Author
Charlot1081


 

    Yeri closed her car door. She looked at the violet color before turning around to her school building. Yeri is a teacher assistant in a basic math course that the college provides for bachelor degrees. Yeri is currently one year away from being a certified teacher, and then she will most likely be hired by the school. She walked into the classroom and saw the same students that always come ten minutes early.

 

Their textbooks were out on their desks along with their homework that they're checking over. The students' names are Seulgi, Eunwoo, and Sanha. Some see these three as the nerds of the classroom; however, Yeri knows better. Being on time and finishing their work correctly means more credit in their class, which goes to their reputation that they're building.

 

"Good morning," Eunwoo waved, "how was your night?" He asked.

 

Yeri smiled and put her bag on her chair. "I got some good sleep, I'll tell you that." She chuckled while taking out her folders. "How was your night?" She looked at the students.

 

"My dog kept me up most of the night." Sanha chuckled.

 

"My mom had the TV up loud, so I watched shows with her until she fell asleep." Seulgi shook her head with an amused smile.

 

Eunwoo shrugged. "Sanha kept me up with his dog." He pointed.

 

Yeri laughed and shook her head. "Seriously?" She pulled out the attendance sheet. "I'll take your homework if you're finished with it." She offered.

 

Eunwoo stood up and collected the paper. He then walked up to the woman's desk. "Here you are, my lady." He handed the paper to her.

 

"Thank you, kind sir." Yeri teased.

 

Eunwoo did a formal bow before walking to his chair. Yeri stepped out of the room momentarily. Seulgi looked Eunwoo's way. "You totally have a crush on her." She commented.

 

"Do not." Eunwoo didn't do much to argue.

 

"Do too." Sanha poked him. "I think she likes you too." He winked.

 

Eunwoo rolled his eyes. Inside, he couldn't agree more. He knew Yeri when they were in high school, their last year only. While he went off to help his father with his small repair business, Yeri went out to get an education. Yeri was always interested in math and teaching, and what better path in life was there for her than to be a math teacher? They still kept in contact, even with working in different fields.

 

His brother has a love for helping their father. So Eunwoo decided to finally get educated. That's when he met these two people, Seulgi and Sanha. They are a few years younger than he is, but they seem to have gotten along.

 

"You should ask her out for coffee or something." Seulgi suggested. "You know, something simple and an inviting atmosphere." She continued.

 

Eunwoo nodded with slightly blushed cheeks. "I'll do that at the end of her day then, I don't want to bother her between classes.." He muttered.

 

"And she doesn't have work tomorrow since it's Friday," Sanha mentioned, "so having evening coffee and her staying up all night won't be too bad." He pointed.

 

Eunwoo sat up straight when Yeri walked through the door. He swallowed harshly when he saw the other students coming in behind her. "I'll try." Eungwoo put up a fighting hand.

 

He paid attention in class, that's what Yeri noticed. She watched every expression of every student. She saw when they would get bored and when things got tough. She also saw those little 'aha' moments that came to some of them when they figured out how to solve the equation.

 

She didn't skip over one person, but Eunwoo stuck out to her well. Butterflies would always fly around in her tummy whenever they would talk, at school or college. He's always been so nice to her, and she can't help but get lost thinking about his little smirks he made when he skipped over a step but still got the answer.



 

The day was coming to a close for everyone. Eunwoo walked out of his last classroom and happened to see Yeri walking through the hall filled with other college students. He picked up his pace until he caught up with her.

 

"Hey," He greeted, "how'd your classes go?" Eunwoo asked.

 

Yeri smiled and shrugged. "Classes, I suppose." She chuckled. "There are some really creative students out there, cheating every which way they can." She smirked.

 

Eunwoo clicked his tongue teasingly. "So what are you doing after this?" He asked.

 

"Just going home, you?" Yeri returned.

 

Eunwoo opened the door for her, letting her walk outside. "I was wondering if you'd like to have some coffee with me." He offered, walking with her after closing the door.

 

"Coffee?" Yeri laughed. "I can't accept your proposal, Eunwoo. We're on school property, I'm your teacher and you're my student." She continued.

 

He stopped their walking for a moment. She was shocked and didn't say anything, she just watched him. He picked the lanyard up by the card and lifted it up off her head. He put in her open bag and took her hand. She was about to say something, but then he started walking.

 

"We're off the school grounds now." He commented.

 

She laughed and poked his chest. "You're seriously too cute." She said. "Alright, let's have some coffee." She agreed.



 

Sitting down at the coffee shop, Eunwoo puts her cup on her side and his cup on his side. She opened her straw while watching him put the little pastries on the table.

 

"Are you having fun with teaching though?" Eunwoo asked suddenly. "I know you've been wanting to be a teacher since, I don't know, probably ten generations before you were born, but is everything going alright with it?" He asked, slightly joking with the history.

 

She smiled and stirred her coffee. "It is what it is.." She said, her eyes drifting a bit. "There are days that I hate and then there are days I absolutely love.

 

"I love it when my students understand the material easily and excel." She gave an example. "But it sort of makes me upset when they can't wrap their minds around the concept or they tried so hard, but their grades don't show it.." She muttered.

 

Eunwoo hummed. "It's the same with projects, I love working, but I hate failure.." He sympathized. "What are you doing on the side?" He asked.

 

Yeri put her cup down. "I like to paint." She said. "I like to paint the items in my house, just out of random. That calms me down quite a bit." She smiled.

 

"I'd really like to see your paintings some time." He said, looking into her eyes.

 

His eyes were sparkling, Yeri thought. "Eunwoo.. I have a confession." She looked throughout his glare. He became serious, but still had a soft smile on his lips. His expression gave her confidence. "I've been imagining us dating ever since we met.. You've always been so nice to me." She admitted.

 

Eunwoo blushed and picked up a cookie. "Really now?" He chuckled. "I wished that were true, that we have been dating since then." He said, eating the cookie.

 

"I know that we can't go back in time, but we always have the power to change the future." She started off softly. "Maybe we can make it reality?" She suggested, looking at him with big eyes.

 

Her eyes were so cute, in Eunwoo's opinion. He could just look at her eyes and smile all day. He just giggled a little, and Yeri returned the giggles and smiles. A few seconds pass like this; however, they are interrupted by Seulgi and Sanha.

 

"Oohoo, looks like you two really did go out." Sanha commented.

 

"About time." Seulgi chuckled. "I won't tell teacher Park, don't worry." She gave a teasing wink.


 

Yeri put her forehead on the table to cover her red face. Meanwhile, Eunwoo looked at them with an upset glare. "You two seriously.. Why don't you two just date?" He asked.

 

Sanha smirked and lifted his hand, showing off that they were holding hands. "I figured it was obvious that we were dating, but oh well." He shrugged.

 

"You wanna double date?" Seulgi asked, poking the assistant.

 

Yeri pulled herself up from the table and looked up at her. "You seriously won't talk about this at school?" She asked.

 

"You're fine." Sanha sat down beside Eunwoo. "Keep your image professional at work, and then when it's chill time, just chill." He insisted.

 

Eunwoo saw Yeri nodding. "You'll have to get used to them if you really want to date me." He mentioned.

 

Yeri gave a teasing annoyed look. "I've met worse, don't worry." She assured. "Let's drink some coffee, hm?" She lifted her cup.

 

Eunwoo lifted his cup too. "To a new future." He proposed.

 

"To a new future with an old friend." Yeri clinked their cups before drinking.


 


 


 

Supportive friends Eunwoo has~
Nothing too big came to me with the author's choice, but I had a really happy week at school.
So all of my sweetness went into this one, even though it was super short.
I hope you enjoyed the story, and thank you so much for requesting!!

<3